NOTW II - Devil Among Men

silkyman

Well-Known Member
Messages
4,099
Likes
1,068
Supports
Macclesfield Town/Manchester City. It's complicated.
At least I died with my boots on and in the midst of battle. And took one of the blighters with me!

As I have died think only this of me: That there's some corner of this foreign field that is for ever England.


Off to Valhalla.
 
Messages
3,569
Likes
1,225
Supports
Sheffield United
Twitter
@blade1889
Please allow me to introduce myself,
I'm a man of science and faith,
I've been around for a long long time,
Just catching wolves to save your face

These DNA machines I've been working on,
Are the best we've ever had,
With them I can tell you things,
Like who's a wolf and who's a fake

So far we caught JJH,
His errors made Veggie scream *Wolf!*,
Secondly Rammy's attempted innocence,
Only led to us needing his death

Latterly there was the Hand of Dom,
He wasn't seered, it was purely a guess,
So now only one wolf remains,
And so I leave you with this...






















































Magic for execution
 
Last edited:

Magic

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,780
Likes
1,685
Location
Yorkshire
Supports
Leeds United
Yeah. Game was up when Dom went. Impossible to win from here so no point dragging it out!

Well played and good game Oaf! Sorry if this seems like throwing the towel in easily but yeah, I can't win.
 

Oaf

Maharajah
Messages
4,419
Likes
1,408
Supports
PLIMUFF
Thread starter #820
You know, the deadline is supposed to be 11, but I think we can all see that it's over.

So... a little ahead of schedule:

the survivors took Magic up to the hanging tree, tied a noose around his neck and Magic was executed... and as predicted, his dead body transformed into a wolf!

All of the wolves have been caught!

Of the 32 people that first stepped into the island, only the following are left:

Promoter - Ciderhead96
Gambler - Krazy8
Phil Knight, owner of Nike - Steady
Hotel Manager - InceptiveLemon
Crazy Scientist - Blade1889
Nuclear Power Plant Owner - Aberstone


As well as:
Former Billionaire - Yellow

Who escaped on his boat yesterday of course. Congratulations, you are the seven survivors of NOTW II! Without the distraction of Satan or the wolves, they are able to build a signal fire and a passing ship notices them after a couple of days to rescue them. And all that shit.

End credits!


The Wolves -
Rammy
The Hand of Dom
Magic
Da Bigg Citeh Fan - who decided that he didn't know what he was doing so messaged his brother (JJH), telling him he didn't know what to do and who all of the wolves were... so was replaced by:
JJH

SATAN -
LeaSaints/SatansLie/Oaf

The Seer -
Blade1889

The Angel -
Hodge

Most hilarious death -
Magpiebee via being tricked by Steady into speaking when he damn well shouldn't have

Most consistently hilarious in character poster -
Silkyman, what what, good show old bean.

Cheers for playing, somebody get on with NOTW III!
 

Oaf

Maharajah
Messages
4,419
Likes
1,408
Supports
PLIMUFF
Thread starter #821
By the way, for those wondering what happened to RKP... I felt sorry for him really. I chose him at random and he woke up one morning with a gun under his pillow with two bullets. Then he got this from Leasaints:

Message title: Next in line.

"Let's not play games here. You know who I am. It's quite obvious by now.

But actually, this isn't about me... It's about YOU.

My time is nearing an end. The whole goal of this exercise was to find a successor. And that successor is you, should you want it badly enough.

You found my little present under your pillow, I take it?

To become my successor it requires sacrifice. Shoot somebody. You do this by PMing Oaf and saying "I want to shoot (name)" in bold. That is the only way you can use it. Choose who you want.

As for that second bullet... It is for you. Afterwards, you will shoot yourself in the head.

Fear not. You will live. This is simply so that it looks like I have "possessed" you, so you look innocent. But from the moment of your resurrection, you will have access to all of my powers and all of my knowledge...

Want proof? Look at that main clue. Lots of 3 letter words there.. Room for RKP? ;) It's decision time. This is what this entire game has been building to."

He wasn't entire convinced, so asked for incentives... to which he got this reply:

"Incentives?!

You'll be the next mother effin lord of darkness for one!

But this game has been awesome for me. I've had access to everybodies PMs so I know all of their deepest dark secrets. I know everything Oaf knows.

Want an example?

I know that blade is the seer. And I know he's already seered you. And others like Inceptive lemon, steady and cas today.

I know who the wolves are. And no, I won't say who! :D

I've been basically running the game from behind the scenes. This would basically put you on my team!"

And that had pretty much won him over. So of course he chose Dom and shot himself, but, as I kept saying and as it said in Leasaints name... satan lies. Talked him into killing himself with promises of greater power. Felt like a real Satan type thing to do... :lol:
 

Oaf

Maharajah
Messages
4,419
Likes
1,408
Supports
PLIMUFF
Thread starter #822
Also, I really did try to convince Blade, as the seer, to leave the island when the chance came up for somebody to leave. But he held firm and stayed committed to his CoT, and didn't really seem to buy any of it. Even when shit got real and I started to threaten that I'd tell the wolves who he was (for the record, I was never going to). Kudos for not caving in there.
 
Messages
3,569
Likes
1,225
Supports
Sheffield United
Twitter
@blade1889
Also, I really did try to convince Blade, as the seer, to leave the island when the chance came up for somebody to leave. But he held firm and stayed committed to his CoT, and didn't really seem to buy any of it. Even when shit got real and I started to threaten that I'd tell the wolves who he was (for the record, I was never going to). Kudos for not caving in there.
Our conversations were amusing, we both knew who the other was and knew that they knew but still refused to admit it.
 

HarvSFC

Jaffa Cake Quiz Champion 2015
Messages
2,573
Likes
1,177
Supports
Southampton
My character was fairly dull, although I had a challenge of, in Oaf's words: "Challenges: Post up the weirdest Japanese shit you can find."

Could have made the thread quite unpleasant if I went searching around the internet.
 

Oaf

Maharajah
Messages
4,419
Likes
1,408
Supports
PLIMUFF
Thread starter #829
Our conversations were amusing, we both knew who the other was and knew that they knew but still refused to admit it.
:lol: To be honest I wasn't sure of how much exactly you knew. I stuck with it even though it became pretty apparent pretty early on that there was no way you were buying what I was selling.
 
Messages
3,569
Likes
1,225
Supports
Sheffield United
Twitter
@blade1889
:lol: To be honest I wasn't sure of how much exactly you knew. I stuck with it even though it became pretty apparent pretty early on that there was no way you were buying what I was selling.
Id guessed you were LeaSaints the morning before our conversation started and fully expected you to tell the wolves.

Anyway great game Oaf but I am glad its over, been dreaming about NOTW the last few nights haha
 

hodge

Well-Known Member
Messages
4,574
Likes
1,289
Location
Somerset
Supports
Bristol City
Very good game Oaf and well ran. Only part I didn't like is that as the angel it seems I was never going to survive the game considering you were satan and knew I was the angel so was just a matter of time. I joked in the CoT thread 'Satan's not Oaf right?' or along those lines pretty early and then didn't think about it again for ages :lol:

Still got to laugh at MagpieBee's death.
 

Veggie Legs

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,337
Likes
1,590
Location
Norwich
Supports
Ipswich
Good game all round, thanks Oaf. Blade did a great job of marshalling the Circle of Trust, even when we lost several members in quick succession, so I think he deserves the most credit for the win. Kudos to Aberstone as well for cracking the satan riddle, lots of people were close but he got the crucial bits in the right place.

When I read the second riddle, my immediate thought was that it was a reference to the Introductions subforum. No idea what to look for though.
"Place your gaze upon what was once new
The signs are there in the introductions"
I was right to be looking in the introductions forum, but unfortunately I didn't connect it with Leasaints when we worked out that she was the key character.
 

TomPNE94

Big Mak Fan
Messages
8,381
Likes
3,449
Location
Preston
Supports
Simon Makienok
Twitter
@TomMonks94
After youd said that Veggie I read through LeaSaints intro post but it didn't click.

Aye, sorry for spamming the CoT thread!haha
TomPNE94 what was your special ability?
Abilities: Interrogation. Single use. You can ask one character one question… and they will be forced to answer you truthfully…. With a 75% chance of accuracy. In the thread, say you want to use this ability and ask the question. I will then respond with the character… there is a 75% chance that they will answer truthfully. However… there is still a 25% chance that they may be lying…

Challenges: Use your interrogation on a killer!



Completely forgot to use it :lol:
 

hodge

Well-Known Member
Messages
4,574
Likes
1,289
Location
Somerset
Supports
Bristol City
Abilities: Interrogation. Single use. You can ask one character one question… and they will be forced to answer you truthfully…. With a 75% chance of accuracy. In the thread, say you want to use this ability and ask the question. I will then respond with the character… there is a 75% chance that they will answer truthfully. However… there is still a 25% chance that they may be lying…

Challenges: Use your interrogation on a killer!



Completely forgot to use it :lol:
 

Oaf

Maharajah
Messages
4,419
Likes
1,408
Supports
PLIMUFF
Thread starter #837
Very good game Oaf and well ran. Only part I didn't like is that as the angel it seems I was never going to survive the game considering you were satan and knew I was the angel so was just a matter of time. I joked in the CoT thread 'Satan's not Oaf right?' or along those lines pretty early and then didn't think about it again for ages :lol:

Still got to laugh at MagpieBee's death.
The thing is, even though I could have, I made a special effort to not give the slightest hint to the wolves about the identity of the seer or angel, so you were at no disadvantage there. I had my own sort of internal rules, one of them was to keep stuff like that a secret.

Woof woof!

(Fuck off)
Ah yes, good point, you definitely deserve a special mention in that regard :lol: The rule about having to bark was done just to annoy whoever picked the dog, but it just turned out to be hilarious. Every NOTW game should have a dog moving forwards.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
14,903
Messages
920,735
Members
5,078
Latest member
sdfssdff03