2024/25 Squads - KEEP/GET RID/BURN THEM AT THE STAKE, etc

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers, Sporting Leyland
Contracted
GK
Lawlor and Jones (get rid of both if possible)
Def
Sterry
Olowu
Anderson
Faulkner
Wood
McGrath
Senior
Maxwell
Mid
Bailey
Hurst
Broadbent
Westbrooke
Close
Ironside
Miller
Out of contract
Molyneux (offered)
Rowe
Taylor
Lavery
Ravenhill
Degruchy
Sotona
Goodman
Kuleya
Biggins
Biamou
Bottomley
Straughan-Brown?
Back to parent club
TLT
Craig
Adelakun
Waters
Nixon
Hopefully we can get the first 3 loans back

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Only seen us once this season so can't really comment on our players other than the more we get rid of the better after this season. But your keep/get rid seems to be similar to what I've been reading apart from Eastwood.

If it's a choice between Green and Clifton I'd be keeping Clifton. I'd also get rid of Khouri we don't have the luxury to keep players in the hope they improve in the future no matter how little he is on.

It's obvious our midfield is poor so the more changes the better, however Clifton will run forever and can play loads of positions so is an ideal squad player. The keeping Green from people seems to be purely on recent performances which I'd argue is not a great argument for keeping someone after this season especially if they are out of contract. So on that basis if it's a choice between Clifton and Green I'd take Clifton.
Yeah, I was of the same opinion regarding Clifton until recently but have done a 180. I just don't think he's quite good enough. I'd be perfectly happy getting rid of all the midfielders bar Thompson to be honest! Not massively precious about Green, but it is quite interesting that he's probably the most unArtell player in the squad and that he's kicked on and shown a different side to his game and been also given the captain's armband in the process.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
while we've still got a theoretical chance of the play off's and promotion :fl: i'll wait to do ours, other than saying release Courtney Duffus and offer Procter and Worrall to Port Vale.
Not worked out?

Would have had Wozza over what we replaced him with in a heartbeat!

PaulHaddock

people person
Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
So does this mean we were right about Eisa Grimsby fans, after all the stick about how amazing he was at the start of the season?:) The guy isn’t good enough for league football, showing a bit of something now and again is what Sunday league players do now and again.Forest Green fans will soon learn it about that other fraud they mock us for as well.

As for Danny Rose, always rated him highly especially in league 1 at Northampton. Even when we were fighting for a place in the championship I wanted us to bring him in, he was only a young lad then though. He’s up there with the diving greats of our generation though such as Daley, Paul Mullin and Alfie May.
I mean, 9 league goals from the wing isn’t to be sniffed at at all, especially being in and out of the team. He’s inconsistent but that’s not so much the issue, it’s the effort that annoys people more I think.

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
Contracted
GK
Lawlor and Jones (get rid of both if possible)
Def
Sterry
Olowu
Anderson
Faulkner
Wood
McGrath
Senior
Maxwell
Mid
Bailey
Hurst
Broadbent
Westbrooke
Close
Ironside
Miller
Out of contract
Molyneux (offered)
Rowe
Taylor
Lavery
Ravenhill
Degruchy
Sotona
Goodman
Kuleya
Biggins
Biamou
Bottomley
Straughan-Brown?
Back to parent club
TLT
Craig
Adelakun
Waters
Nixon
Hopefully we can get the first 3 loans back
Wheres Miller been? thought he had gone elsewhere tbh mate.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Some of our squad have already been shown the door. Tbh pretty much our whole squad can fuck off. Useless double relegated twats.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers, Sporting Leyland
Wheres Miller been? thought he had gone elsewhere tbh mate.
Got a serious knee injury early in the season and been out since, there was talk at one point that he wouldn’t be fit before January next year, looks as though he might make pre season now

Grimsby Road

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Yeah Eisa is a luxury player for sure , weirdly his injury record has been superb and I don't think he's missed hardly any games because of that.

But his workrate & wilingess to put any sort of tackle in is sadly lacking - maybe he would be decent in a team that has all the ball ,but you don't see many like that at this level

Interested to see if there are any takers at season end

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
Release:

Evans
Williams
Menayese
Riley
Knowles
Matt
DJT
Oteh

Loan Returns:
Dave
Adegboyega
Tierney
Gordon
Faal

Signed up for next season:

Smith

Foulkes
Daniels
Farq
Weir
McEntee
Gordon

Hutch
Comley
Maher
Earing
Stirk
Jellis

DJ Sell if possible doesn't fit under Sadler

You can quite clearly see where the work needs to be done. For me we need a left wing back, proper quality right wing back, a proper quality number 8/10, 4 strikers.

I wouldn’t re-sign any of the loans personally apart from maybe Faal.Gordon runs a lot but can't finish his dinner send him back to Burton.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Yeah, I was of the same opinion regarding Clifton until recently but have done a 180. I just don't think he's quite good enough. I'd be perfectly happy getting rid of all the midfielders bar Thompson to be honest! Not massively precious about Green, but it is quite interesting that he's probably the most unArtell player in the squad and that he's kicked on and shown a different side to his game and been also given the captain's armband in the process.
Most times I’ve seen Clifton this season he’s been terrible, and his performance away at Mansfield was one of the worst performances I’ve ever seen by a Town player.
From how good he was last season to his levels this season is unbelievable sadly.

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
Under Contract:
Sam Walker - capable GK at this level

Ash Taylor - loan out

Callum Kavanagh - 4 goals - 2 assist since signing in January

Andy Cook - becoming a bit of club legend by this point

Alex Pattison - for me, one of the best CM in the league when he’s fit

Alex Gilliead - Mr. Utility himself. Great squad player

Clarke Odour - has a goal in him - undecided

Tyler Smith - gets a lot of flack and I don’t know why. If he isn’t played out of position he’s relying on Cook to be injured. That being said, 11 goals this season. Keep.

Cieran Kelly - I like him, but I don’t want him near our starting XI for next season. We have to do better.

Vadaine Oliver - whilst Cook is banging them in still, he won’t get the game time he needs. Loan/sell.

Kevin McDonald - shows his quality every now and then, but age is getting the better of him. Release.

Jake Young - he’s shown what he’s capable of at Swindon. Fresh start from next season. Keep.

Lewis Richards - I rate this lad! With a full pre-season under his belt, I can’t see him flourishing next season.

Adam Wilson - definitely a player in there. Looks decent on the ball, if a little lightweight. Possible loan?

Out of Contract:

Brad Halliday - best RB in the league. Keep.

Liam Ridehalgh - great professional, but isn’t good enough for where we need to be. Release.

Matty Platt - blows hot and cold but is fairly solid. I’d keep if he’s back up, but release otherwise.

Ritchie Smallwood - gets so much stick, but he’s exactly the sort of player you need in the squad if you’re up there challenging. I’d keep him but I think he’ll want to move on.

Jamie Walker - too good for this level when he’s full of confidence. Constant goal threat. We have an option to extend at our discretion. Keep.

Sam Stubbs - steadied the ship when he first came in, but again, we need better. Release.

Luke Hendrie - probably should’ve never returned to the club. Release

Harry Chapman - I’m gonna stick my neck out here and say keep. He’s got so much ability but lacks pace. He isn’t cheap and he’ll probably be a luxury we cannot justify paying for.

Bobby Pointon - youth lad who gets bums off seats. We have an option to extend in our favour, so he’s staying.

Matt Derbyshire - nothing else to say other than release.

Colin Doyle - hang up the boots, big lad. Happy for him to stay on as GK coach. Great to have around the squad.

Loanees:

Jon Tomkinson - USA international on-loan from Norwich. Capable CB at this level. I’d go back in for him.

Tyreik Wright - hasn’t quite found the form he had last season, but he is being played out of position. Play him front and he scores - hence Accrington away. Keep.

Daniel Ayegoke - great youth/international pedigree but I just don’t rate him. Alarmingly, GA seems to love him. Release.

spireite

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
Contracted
GK - Ryan Boot - KEEP - Think he's already signed on and is an absurd #2, very able cover.
RB - Ryheem Sheckleford - KEEP - He's a sound enough, and you'd think cheap enough, back up option.
CB - Tyrone Williams - KEEP - He's signed a new deal, which I probably wouldn't have offered, but he's alright and will be here. Backup.
CB - Jamie Grimes - KEEP - Plays every minute, suspect he's locked in and Cook will add someone to play alongside. Captain.
LB - Brandon Horton - KEEP - One will go out of Horton and Clements I suspect, Horton has been the regular and has a higher ceiling, so will stay. Whether we sign a new first choice LB will be interesting.
CM - Tom Naylor - KEEP - Rolls Royce of a midfielder, very defensively sound, his size has added another danger at set pieces, great player.
CM - Mike Jones - KEEP - Great squad player despite his age, gets rotated in for games where we're looking to tighten up. We'll be after a younger version I think, but a great professional to have around the place.
CM - Darren Oldaker - KEEP - Probably the best mid we've got at ball retention, but not as defensively sound as Jones, rotates. Time will tell if he can step up, but I think he can.
CM /AMC - Bailey Hobson - KEEP - Showed a few glimpses but not really got the minutes. Mostly played when the rest of the team have had their flip flops on. Needs to kick on next season. Can picture another loan to an NL team.
RM - Liam Mandeville - KEEP - Such a good player, and delivers a brilliant ball. Think it's 15-20 assists he's got this year. Workhorse.
LM/AMC - Armando Dobra - KEEP - More than good enough for L2, would expect him to only get better. Probably our most saleable asset, getting him to sign a new deal was massive.
LM - Ryan Colclough - KEEP - One of our best players when fit. Direct, quick, good for a goal. Got no doubts about him.
LM/AMC/RM - Michael Jacobs - KEEP - Another I think will be fine at the level. Takes good care of the ball, calm in possession. Contract I don't think is public but he has another year at least you'd expect.
LM - James Berry - KEEP - Needs to work on his overall game but very quick and probably the most natural finisher at the club outside Grigg. Expect more minutes with the extra subs.
CF - Will Grigg - KEEP - Should be fine, especially having rediscovered his scoring here, he's only 32 as well, tend to think he's older. Should hopefully continue to get fed chances with the options we've got in behind.
CF - Joe Quigley - KEEP - He got given a new deal so I guess we're keeping him. Not a massive fan but he did do well earlier in the season and he's a more physical option to have around I guess.

OOC
GK - Harry Tyrer - KEEP - He's not our player but I've put him here because all the noise from him, the club, journos is that another year's loan is pretty much done. Suits everyone, and Dyche won't mind doing us a favour. He's an excellent stopper with a very bright future.
RB - Jeff King - RELEASE - He's been a good servant for us but he's just not defensively sound enough for league football, it's a position we need to upgrade. We have another year's option we activated yet, so he's probably gone. He's a decent pick up for any NL side, especially one that plays a back 5.
CB - Ashley Palmer - RELEASE - I actually quite like him, but we're going to need to upgrade the defence and I expect we'll want to free up his wages to do it. Can see him going to another NL contender next year and getting another winners medal.
CB - Laurence Maguire - RELEASE - A curious case, but not quite good enough to play as a CB in a back 4, probably big wages will be gone. Between him and Palmer you're probably saving 4k a week. Crawley might sign him permo.
LB - Bailey Clements - RELEASE - probably surplus to requirements, and not quite good enough tbh.
AMC - Ollie Banks - KEEP - I suspect talks are ongoing re a new deal and expect him to be here. The level holds no surprises and he's one of those players not afraid to hit one. Much better in a less defensively dependant position. May have to make room if an absolute banger of a player becomes available on the market, maybe Cook is keeping his options open.
CF - Harley Curtis - RELEASE - Not good enough, get rid.

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
Under Contract:

Ash Taylor - loan out

Tyler Smith - gets a lot of flack and I don’t know why. If he isn’t played out of position he’s relying on Cook to be injured. That being said, 11 goals this season. Keep.

Cieran Kelly - I like him, but I don’t want him near our starting XI for next season. We have to do better.

Vadaine Oliver - whilst Cook is banging them in still, he won’t get the game time he needs. Loan/sell.

Kevin McDonald - shows his quality every now and then, but age is getting the better of him. Release.

Jake Young - he’s shown what he’s capable of at Swindon. Fresh start from next season. Keep.

Lewis Richards - I rate this lad! With a full pre-season under his belt, I can’t see him flourishing next season.

Adam Wilson - definitely a player in there. Looks decent on the ball, if a little lightweight. Possible loan?

Out of Contract:

Liam Ridehalgh - great professional, but isn’t good enough for where we need to be. Release.

Matty Platt - blows hot and cold but is fairly solid. I’d keep if he’s back up, but release otherwise.

Ritchie Smallwood - gets so much stick, but he’s exactly the sort of player you need in the squad if you’re up there challenging. I’d keep him but I think he’ll want to move on.

Jamie Walker - too good for this level when he’s full of confidence. Constant goal threat. We have an option to extend at our discretion. Keep.

Sam Stubbs - steadied the ship when he first came in, but again, we need better. Release.

Harry Chapman - I’m gonna stick my neck out here and say keep. He’s got so much ability but lacks pace. He isn’t cheap and he’ll probably be a luxury we cannot justify paying for.

Bobby Pointon - youth lad who gets bums off seats. We have an option to extend in our favour, so he’s staying.

Colin Doyle - hang up the boots, big lad. Happy for him to stay on as GK coach. Great to have around the squad.

Loanees:

Jon Tomkinson - USA international on-loan from Norwich. Capable CB at this level. I’d go back in for him.

Tyreik Wright - hasn’t quite found the form he had last season, but he is being played out of position. Play him front and he scores - hence Accrington away. Keep.

Daniel Ayegoke - great youth/international pedigree but I just don’t rate him. Alarmingly, GA seems to love him. Release.
How did Ash Taylor con another club at this level? he was shot to bits 2 years ago.

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Some of our squad have already been shown the door. Tbh pretty much our whole squad can fuck off. Useless double relegated twats.

Someone mentioned on the club forum that Reece Brown had already left the club, Thompson has gone back to Blackpool for treatment and his loan has been ended, but of course the club haven't confirmed this.

Who else has gone already?

spireite

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
Heeeeere we go then...

Under contract:

GK - Sam Slocombe - Keep - But only on the basis it's as a clear number two. Has been a good servant and is a good character around the place, but isn't good enough any more as a number one at this level.
GK - Aidan Stone - Get rid - Not sure who's going to take him, might have to take the hit on a loan to the NL or something, but we need to make room for a new number one.
GK - Tiernan Brooks - Keep - Young 'keeper, been on loan at Rochdale and not sure how he's done tbh.
CB - Kyle Cameron - Keep - Part of the defensive disaster, but is captain and I think has overall had an okay season and is very important to how we progress the ball. All things considered I'd look at strengthening the defence elsewhere.
CB - Connell Rawlinson - Get rid - Just too slow to play in a high line in this league. Would be a good signing for any NL club.
CB - Lewis Macari - Keep - Very promising, versatile defender. No brainer.
RWB - Aaron Nemane - Keep - Quietly had a great season and has an almost telepathic understanding with Crowley.
RWB - Will Randall - Keep - Put him here, but has been so injured I'm not even sure what his position is. Only a keep because I can't see who's possibly going to take him, so we might as well treat it as a completely fresh start.
LWB - Jodi Jones - Keep - Obviously, but could well be sold.
LWB - Adam Chicksen - Keep - Solid and versatile, good squad player.
CM - Matt Palmer - Keep - Praying he'll be properly fit again for the start of the season. Our most important player.
CM - Scott Robertson - Keep - Been a great signing, one of our few players who really puts himself about and works hard off the ball. Potential partnership with Palmer is exciting.
AM - Sam Austin - Keep - Can play in about six positions and do a job in all of them, very useful squad man.
AM - Dan Crowley - Keep - Baller. Had a fantastic season and our creative heartbeat.
ST - Macaulay Langstaff - Keep - Obviously, but again might be sold. Think it's more likely he stays, though.
ST - Alassana Jatta - Keep - Made a really promising start.
ST - David McGoldrick - Keep - Not stood out as much as we'd hoped, but still had a decent season. Got to manage his minutes, but there's worse options to have.
ST - Junior Morias - Get rid - Just hasn't worked out and is miles away from the team now. Got a good record at NL level and suspect he could find a southern team at that level easily.

Out of contract:

CB - Richard Brindley - Release - Been a good servant but not stood out at this level and we need to make space to rebuild the defence. Be a good pick up for anyone in the NL.
CB - Aden Baldwin - Release - Probably the hardest one, was brilliant last season and the idea of Baldwin is so enticing - he's got everything to be quality, is quick, good in the air and brilliant on the ball, but he can't stop making inexplicable individual mistakes and I'm not sure he's ever going to change.
CB - Geraldo Bajrami - New deal - Got a season-ending injury back in August so hasn't had the chance to show whether he can make the step up. Would give him a short-term deal to prove his fitness and see how it goes.
RWB - Tobi Adebayo - Release - Lovely lad, but we can't carry a club hype man in this league. Injured too much.
CM - Jim O'Brien - Release - A genuine modern Notts legend, early sub for a standing ovation on Saturday and his post-match comments suggest he might be planning to retire. Been an incredible servant but we need to look forward.
CM - John Bostock - Release - Lack of mobility has been a real issue at this level, especially since Palmer got injured. Still got real quality and can run a game if it's right for him, wouldn't be against another year if he was happy to accept a more limited role.
ST - Cedwyn Scott - New deal - Similar to Bajrami, just coming back from a season-long injury. Worth a short-term deal to give him a chance at this level.
ST - Luther Munakandafa - Release - Young forward who has done the loan rounds and doesn't seem to have stood out enough anywhere to warrant a new deal.

Loans:

GK - Luca Ashby-Hammond - Nah - Best of a bad bunch this season goalkeeping wise, but we need to be able to do better.
CB - Jaden Warner - Nah - Was asking a lot for a young kid to come in and save our defence, but hasn't looked up to it and keeps getting injured.
CM - Charlie Colkett - Nah - Crewe fans very much spot on here, weird signing who's played about ten minutes.

If that all happened it would leave us with 17, which I think is about right. Quality over quantity this summer, the basis is there but we need three or four who can come in and immediately improve the team - we all know in which positions.
Palmers fit, you're up there. Losing Rodrigues and Palmer together torpedoed your season imo. Palmer papers over a lot of cracks. Hope someone buys him or something

Optipez

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
Palmers fit, you're up there. Losing Rodrigues and Palmer together torpedoed your season imo. Palmer papers over a lot of cracks. Hope someone buys him or something
He's crucial to us and if he comes back fit, him and Robertson look a rock solid pairing centre mid.

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
The big one…

Under contract (16):

GKs:
Ryan Boot
- KEEP (Good solid back up, has never let us down and will be good competition for whoever comes in as number 1)

Defenders:
Jamie Grimes - KEEP (The captain. Hugely underrated by those who don’t understand football, and appreciated by those that do. Never loses a header, has an underappreciated passing range and a proper defender, will stick his head where most wouldn’t put their boot. Also, never injured and always available)
Tyrone Williams - KEEP (Has come on leaps and bounds under Cook but shouldn’t be a starter at L2 level. Has shared the role with Palmer this year as Grimes partner. Not dominant enough in the air for me and a little bit clumsy, but do think as 3rd / 4th choice back up will be more than okay)
Brandon Horton - KEEP (A good athlete, very quick & strong which is very important for a full back in a Cook team that demands you’re up and down all game, but not the best footballer or defender. At most, would keep him as our back up left back to a new man coming in as first choice)
Ryheem Sheckleford - KEEP (Similar to Horton in that he’s a good athlete, slightly better footballer than Horton though and definitely a better defender. Once again though, back up for me as I’m sure Cook will look to bring in a new first choice RB this summer)

Midfielders:
Tom Naylor - KEEP (The biggest key difference for us from last year to this season. Been an absolute machine in midfield this year, dominant in the air, strong in the tackle but also an eye for a goal especially off set pieces, he’s got 13 this year from central midfield. Made 36 appearances in the Championship for Wigan last year and you can see why he played at that level)
Darren Oldaker - KEEP (A very technically gifted footballer and free kick specialist. On his day he can run & control games on his own, but unfortunately sometimes drops a stinker out of nowhere. Has definitely improved his consistency from last year)
Mike Jones - KEEP (My favourite player. Fittest player in the team despite his age, reminds me of James Milner. Just a proper central midfielder, breaks up play so well and rarely gives it away. A leader on the pitch & dressing room too, experience will be key next year in and around the squad)

Attacking Midfield / Wingers:
Armando Dobra - KEEP (What a player. Low centre of gravity makes him a nightmare to defend against, and his end product has really come on this year with 12 goals / 12 assists. Also cut out a lot of the nonsense he used to get criticised for, seems to have matured a lot.)
Ryan Colclough - KEEP (For me, our best player. When he’s on it he’s unstoppable and he’ll be the same at this level. His season ended at back end of January after a horrendous tackle, but before that he was a huge reason as to why we finished so far clear of the rest. Direct, quick, two footed and an eye for a goal).
Michael Jacobs - KEEP (His contract length was never announced but I’m fairly certain he’s the player Ashley Kirk our director was on about when he mentioned a promotion contract extension clause at our trophy parade yesterday. A really clever footballer, can see why he’s played higher. Hasn’t probably hit the heights his pedigree suggested that he would, but still a very good player and huge part of the dressing room)
James Berry - KEEP (Signed from Macclesfield last summer after scoring a bucket load for them the year before. Lightening quick and has the ability to win a game out of nothing but still quite inconsistent and a lot of improving left in him. Think he’ll kick on even further next year)
Liam Mandeville - KEEP (Another of our best players. Last few years under Cook he has gone to a new level where his performances rarely ever drop below a 7. Has managed 28 goal contributions this season (8 goals / 20 assists) and I’ve no doubt he’s good enough to replicate similar at this level)
Bailey Hobson - LOAN (Would like to see him have a season long loan at a decent NL side next year as the next step in his development and then reassess next summer. Definitely has something but needs nurturing)

Strikers:
Will Grigg - KEEP (25 league goals this year have obviously gone a long way towards helping us to the title. When the balls bouncing around in the box, there’s noone else you’d rather have in your team than Grigg… he’s always the first one there to tap it home. Has surprised most of us with his unbelievable work rate and hold up play too, very important for the way we play)
Joe Quigley - KEEP (Another that’s improved dramatically since Cook came in. Before Cook, he was nothing more than a below average journey man NL forward. Now, he’s a cult hero here. Been absolutely brilliant as Griggs foil this season, and got himself 12 league goals as the back up forward which is good going. I still think we would benefit from another forward now we’re at L2 level, which may push Quigley down to 3rd choice, but there’s definitely a place in the squad next year for Quigs.

Out of contract (11):
Jeff King (RB) - RELEASE
(A fantastic NL servant for us, especially last season where his numbers were ridiculous. Great crosser of the ball & always had an eye for a goal, but sometimes found wanting defensively. Just hasn’t really got going this year and will be on a decent wage so no doubt he’ll be leaving.)
Ash Palmer (CB) - RELEASE (We need to upgrade in central defence and think Palmer will be one to make way for this. Been solid enough at NL level, but lack of mobility would be a problem at this level IMO with how we play)
Laurence Maguire (CB) - RELEASE (Been out on loan all year and think the reality is that ship has sailed. Not as good as Palmer who we’re releasing, so writing on the wall)
Bailey Clements (LB) - RELEASE (Not good enough IMO and can see Cook upgrading our full back areas so Clements will be leaving.
Ollie Banks (CM / CAM) - KEEP (Was absolutely unplayable for us playing in the number 10 role through a crucial period during Nov - Jan where we carried on winning whilst others faltered. 15 goal contributions this year too.
Connor Cook (?) - RELEASE
Harley Curtis (ST) - RELEASE
George Wilkinson (1st year pro) - RELEASE
Archie White (1st year pro) - RELEASE
Sam Hooper (1st year pro) - RELEASE
Alexander Duhameau (1st year pro) - RELEASE

Loan players (2):
Harry Tyrer (GK - Everton) - KEEP
(If possible. Very highly rated at Everton and has since signed a new deal there. Another season long loan would be ideal, has improved massively over the course of the season. Still young so has the odd rash mistake in him, but overall been really good)
Miguel Freckleton (CB/LB - Sheff United) - DON’T RENEW (Too error prone for my liking. Definitely a player in there, has some great physical attributes, but personally think he’s a bit of a liability)

So if Cook agrees with me, then that would leave us with a squad of 17 going into the summer, therefore would expect to see 5/6 quality additions brought in to bolster the squad ahead of our return to the EFL. Some of the names rumoured (yes it’s started already) are very promising…

Last edited:

Limerick Mariner

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Only seen us once this season so can't really comment on our players other than the more we get rid of the better after this season. But your keep/get rid seems to be similar to what I've been reading apart from Eastwood.

If it's a choice between Green and Clifton I'd be keeping Clifton. I'd also get rid of Khouri we don't have the luxury to keep players in the hope they improve in the future no matter how little he is on.

It's obvious our midfield is poor so the more changes the better, however Clifton will run forever and can play loads of positions so is an ideal squad player. The keeping Green from people seems to be purely on recent performances which I'd argue is not a great argument for keeping someone after this season especially if they are out of contract. So on that basis if it's a choice between Clifton and Green I'd take Clifton.
I’d keep both Green and Clifton with Clifton as a WB not as a CM. I can’t comment on Khouri as haven’t seen enough of him but he looks a good athlete. If he goes out on loan I assume he won’t be costing us a lot. I can’t see us getting better than Green as a back-up CM. His wage will probably be relatively modest. We need Ainley behind the front two with a back-up (Hunt?) and a first choice quick athletic DM alongside Thompson.

Surprised that Notts fans want to keep any of their (non)defenders

Gladders

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Twitter
@Gladders1980
I’d keep both Green and Clifton with Clifton as a WB not as a CM. I can’t comment on Khouri as haven’t seen enough of him but he looks a good athlete. If he goes out on loan I assume he won’t be costing us a lot. I can’t see us getting better than Green as a back-up CM. His wage will probably be relatively modest. We need Ainley behind the front two with a back-up (Hunt?) and a first choice quick athletic DM alongside Thompson.

Surprised that Notts fans want to keep any of their (non)defenders

Nah that sounds like far too many players being kept to me, after this season the more that go the better.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county

Pretty much, we fell apart when MP got injured when we were top I think. Division four Iniesta.

You’re always going to miss someone as good as Rodrigues, but we replaced him pretty well with Crowley. It’s contributed to the defensive shambles, though - if anything Crowley is better with the ball, more creative and technically superior, but he doesn’t get through the work and pressing off the ball that Ruben did.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Jeff King redemption arc in the league’s 3-5-2 party team? :err:

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Chesterfield should keep King just for the LOLs.

Still can't believe Joe Quigley is going to be playing league football.

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
Jeff King redemption arc in the league’s 3-5-2 party team? :err:
He may yet get a new deal here if Cook decides to go with what we currently have at right back, but if he’s got anyone lined up for that position then it’ll be King that goes definitely. Funny you say that though because he’s always been a brilliant player in a 3-5-2 system which suits him down to the ground… stranger things have happened!

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
Chesterfield should keep King just for the LOLs.

Still can't believe Joe Quigley is going to be playing league football.
He’s a different man now. Outscored the other Quigley this year aswell so does that mean he’s now officially taken the iconic mantle of the ‘good Quigley’ ? :animatedf:

LS Bantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Under Contract:

Ash Taylor - loan out

Out of Contract:

Loanees:

Mate if you don’t know why Tyler Smith gets a lot of stick I wouldn’t bother giving an opinion on the rest.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town

Your goalkeeper was so depressed at the double relegation that he threw himself in front of a bus, but the bus went under him.

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
He may yet get a new deal here if Cook decides to go with what we currently have at right back, but if he’s got anyone lined up for that position then it’ll be King that goes definitely. Funny you say that though because he’s always been a brilliant player in a 3-5-2 system which suits him down to the ground… stranger things have happened!

I would love to see Jeff King lineup against Notts in the blue of Chesterfield, very good memories

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Unusually for Rovers, we've got a decent number under contract
Luke McGee Joe Murphy GK
Tom Davies CB
Kieron Morris Josh Hawkes WMID
Brad Walker Regan Hendry CMID
Kristian Dennis Connor Jennings Harvey Saunders Sam Taylor ATT
I think that Josh Hawkes is likely to move on, we only extended his option to attract a fee. Kristian Dennis has been a disappointment and we'd be receptive to offers.

OUT OF CONTRACT

Lee O'Connor RB Steady at full-back though Adkins reluctant to use in a central midfield role. Probably got other better offers KEEP

Dan Pike RB Understandably struggled at left-back, but not wholly convinced in his natural position on the right. Squad player at best RELEASE

Jordan Turnbull CB Rumoured he'd signed an extension but nothing confirmed. However the fact he's had an operation before the season end suggests staying.KEEP

Joe Yarney CB He's had a couple of steady showings filling in but hard to see as a first team regular and been out injured a while UNDECIDED

Jean Belehouan CB Had a few games due to our defensive crisis. Does some of the basics reasonably but a tendency to switch off at key moments UNDECIDED

Connor Wood. LB Missed in his recent absence. He might want to return down south, the rumour mill suggests an offer from a club closer to home. KEEP

Chris Merrie. CMID The best of the next 3 in my view, but Adkins doesn't seem to rate him enough to play regularly but praises when he does play. Capable of being a squad player, but likely to get more football elsewhere UNDECIDED

Reece McAlear CMID Another disappointing season but Nigel seems to like. Squad player UNDECIDED

Paul Lewis. CMID Doesn't contribute enough when picked RELEASE

Ousmane Kane. CMID Has he done anything to activate his one year option? No idea, finally got a few minutes off the bench, nothing special. RELEASE

Luke Norris. ATT He is a decent target-man striker, holds up the ball well but on a high wage and has he done enough to earn a new deal after returning from injury? Good performance at the weekend nudged him into the stay bracket, but the vibes suggest he'll move on. KEEP

Charlie Jolley. ATT Seems to have dropped off the radar and despite getting some good goals notably the one at Mansfield probably not done enough for Rovers to take up his option. RELEASE

Connor Robson GK Mikey Davies LB Lewis Lacey LB Ben Hockenhull CB Joe Starbuck RB Rhys Hughes CMID are younger players who've been rarely seen, loaned out to lower leagues and would be surprised if any were seen next season.

LOANEES

Rob Apter RMID Would love to have him back and we will try but can't see it.
Jake Leake LB Been injured nearly all season but didn't get sent back to his parent club, which has led some to suggest we might be keeping. Not convinced
James Norris LB/LMID Came to us as a left-back, but mostly played for Liverpool in midfield. Lacks the physical strength to succeed in a defensive role, but could see him being an option in midfield.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tbwomble
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!