Saturday 19th August Fixtures

Sydney Posse

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
I'm really happy with our start to the season. I thought the new recruits looked promising but thought we would start slowly whilst they got used to each other but it seems we have found our feet already. I think we will surprise a few this season UTC

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
I didn’t realise it was Barcelona against Cambridge United at the Abbey yesterday. This is from Bristol Rovers, yes Bristol Rovers captain who was dogshit on the day himself too. Embarrassing to say the least with the disrespect he’s shown here.

Our team is made up of ex championship and even ex prem players whilst Finley has played most of his career to date for small clubs like Fylde, Southport, Accrington and Fleetwood.

Bristol Rovers might be up there come the end of the season but not on that showing. It’s best to accept you got out thought on the day, suck it up and move on. If you think passing between your CB’s then lumping it long for a goal kick or throw in is enough to win the game then on that mentality showing you wouldn’t be my captain and you won’t be going up.

Last edited:

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Just seen a clip of the Cobblers winner. Who is that Peterborough keeper as regardless whether it crossed the line or not that is some of the worst keeping I can remember seeing?

Both Pinnock and Brady said post match that they’d noticed he stands miles off his line so if you get a chance have a pop, and Pinnock also said he’d text his mates that morning saying he’d lob the keeper.…so in reality it’s a cunning plan (if you believe it)

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
That sounds like a Peterborough tactic, because Alfie May said the same about Norris in their goal last season when he scored from the halfway line.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I didn’t realise it was Barcelona against Cambridge United at the Abbey yesterday. This is from Bristol Rovers, yes Bristol Rovers captain who was dogshit on the day himself too. Embarrassing to say the least with the disrespect he’s shown here.

Our team is made up of ex championship and even ex prem players whilst Finley has played most of his career to date for small clubs like Fylde, Southport, Accrington and Fleetwood.

Bristol Rovers might be up there come the end of the season but not on that showing. It’s best to accept you got out thought on the day, suck it up and move on. If you think passing between your CB’s then lumping it long for a goal kick or throw in is enough to win the game then on that mentality showing you wouldn’t be my captain and you won’t be going up.

I guess the irony in your post there about disrespect is how you’ve talked about the other clubs in your post.

Are you really going to be a sore winner? Must we go through Cambridge’s size Vs everyone else every week?

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
I guess the irony in your post there about disrespect is how you’ve talked about the other clubs in your post.

Are you really going to be a sore winner? Must we go through Cambridge’s size Vs everyone else every week?
Nothing to do with club size or Willy waving.

I’m talking from a fellow pro’s point of view. Complete lack of respect from their side when actually they didn’t do their job properly on the day.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Had time to reflect......I doubt yesterday is a one-off...The first goal we did not need to give the corner away. No communication between Baxter and Iredale a simple shout would have averted this,
The second awful defending a shout for a free-kick foul but simply we got brushed off too easy
The third woeful defending once more and the fourth likewise. Midfield we got done even though we had 3 to there 2........Up front fooking toothless.
Major changes needed going forward.....Toal in asap a new rwb brought in asap Thomason and Maghoma to replace Morley and Sheehan and Charles back to partner Adaboyejo

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Nothing to do with club size or Willy waving.

I’m talking from a fellow pro’s point of view. Complete lack of respect from their side when actually they didn’t do their job properly on the day.
You’re not wrong. We were a shambles and need to look at ourselves in the mirror.

I more meant that no one mentioned club size until you did, while you also disrespected Accy & Fleetwood who’ve consistently finished above both our clubs for probably the last 10 years. Finley at Fleetwood took them to the L1 play off final as well, so I think you’re being quite harsh on the clubs.

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
You’re not wrong. We were a shambles and need to look at ourselves in the mirror.

I more meant that no one mentioned club size until you did, while you also disrespected Accy & Fleetwood who’ve consistently finished above both our clubs for probably the last 10 years. Finley at Fleetwood took them to the L1 play off final as well, so I think you’re being quite harsh on the clubs.
Again he’s talking like he only had to turn up to win against teams like us.

I’ve seen Barton’s post match interview and that’s also an arrogant way to look at it, along with blaming all his players and nothing on him.

Finley disrespected our club in the way he talks. No disrespect from my side on those clubs mentioned but simply pointing out he needs to remember who he was playing against yesterday. I mean, we’re amazingly top of the league. In Barton’s words.

folletto

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
folletto Just circling back to when your lad went clear in the first half I’ve seen a vlog posted by one of our fans on YouTube and have to say you were right it was a foul and he should have gone so yeah I got that one wrong. Real time it looked a good challenge to me but after seeing a close up it’s not much of a question.
Overall though an enjoyable day at the Valley. Did get a sense from speaking to a couple of Charlton fans on the train from London Bridge that they were pretty underwhelmed to say the least with how things are going. To me I just thought Charltons approach second half was the wrong way to go and caused their own downfall a bit.

For us thought it was a great effort from our midfield especially Funso Ojo and Ethan Chislett, in the case of the former he really controlled things. Pleased to see Wilson get his first in what must be a very long time too, hopefully that can get him going now.
Ref got the two biggest decisions wrong unfortunately.

As Charlton fans I think we struggle to accept that we are now a mediocre league one side and so everyone expects us to be pushing for playoffs minimum so when that doesn’t happen things turn toxic quickly. This season wasn’t helped by a lot of pundits backing us to do well even though it was clear to see the squad wasn’t there. Owner after owner promising one thing and delivering another.

Agree re our approach and it was similar against Bristol Rovers. I don’t think Holden is a great manager tactically but I really don’t know if a new manager fixes the issues we have with our squad. There are limited options off the bench and the most worrying thing for me is all our players look knackered after the 80 minute mark

Bar Carousel

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
I'm not saying it's an acceptable excuse, he had the wealth and absolutely should have continued funding in full until a buyer was found and not causing issues financially, especially to lower paid people. I'm just explaining what did happen and unfortunately, he wanted out pronto afterwards and tried to sell the club quickly but it took over a year to do so, with many a late wages and false broken promises.

When you have owners with no connection to a club who decide they don't want to be paying up anymore, then there is not much you can do and you get big problems like we had with money not being transferred over to cover the bills.

That's why having a local owner who actually cares for the club and place is miles better and much more secure.

It's why also tighter regulations need to be in place by the EFL / FA to protect football clubs and the staff and fans of them. Clubs will always be around for a lot longer than the current owners for any club.
But you waved in these (multiple) foreign investors with open arms who had the wealth to flash the cash and laud it over the rest of the league who were trying to run a club within its means.

Good to see that you now think a local owner running a club within its means is the way to go, so we won't expect any discontent towards them when you bottom out later (your wage bill still way exceeds your income stream at present).

In fairness to your club and for perspective, most football fans will enjoy the ride when things are going well however it is being funded (see Newcastle), but most will kick-off when the club is being run sustainably and there is no ride to jump on claiming unambition from the owners (see Newcastle). I can include my own club in this.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
That was a difficult defeat to take. It really didn't feel like a 0-2 performance and I felt overall we played really well and shaded it though a draw would have been acceptable. You could argue they took their chances and we didn't, but it really was fine margins and things fell nicely for them in front of goal and not for us. Exeter didn't seem as though they'd come for the three points, weren't particularly adventurous and we controlled midfield, so it was a good chance for us to get our first win of the season... instead we end up with our heaviest defeat and first shut-out. Two goals out of the blue, the one by a player who had been having a stinker and IMHO should have walked for a second yellow in the first half.

Also the refs are applying the new timewasting rules really inconsistently. Against Fleetwood, nothing of note happened in the second half and we got 13 minutes of stoppage time, against Exeter, two goals and a whole rash of corners and free kicks and only 5 minutes.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
That was a difficult defeat to take. It really didn't feel like a 0-2 performance and I felt overall we played really well and shaded it though a draw would have been acceptable. You could argue they took their chances and we didn't, but it really was fine margins and things fell nicely for them in front of goal and not for us. Exeter didn't seem as though they'd come for the three points, weren't particularly adventurous and we controlled midfield, so it was a good chance for us to get our first win of the season... instead we end up with our heaviest defeat and first shut-out. Two goals out of the blue, the one by a player who had been having a stinker and IMHO should have walked for a second yellow in the first half.

Also the refs are applying the new timewasting rules really inconsistently. Against Fleetwood, nothing of note happened in the second half and we got 13 minutes of stoppage time, against Exeter, two goals and a whole rash of corners and free kicks and only 5 minutes.
It is fine margins, even the case last week at Oxford. The team is nearly ok for this level, but for that missing piece in the final third. Hopefully over the next week or so it happens. It could be the difference between comfortable lower mid table and relegation.

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
I was at that game in 93, and also the 0-0 when Joey Beauchamps shot hit both posts in the dying minutes.

Likewise, we were there a lot around late 80s to mid 90s, mostly defeats.:(

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Reading your forum Floreat Salopia, you lot seem very, very similar to us this time last season in terms of lots of changes behind the scenes over the summer, a new manager and background staff, lack of squad depth, plenty to do in the final two weeks of the transfer window and, from comments on Blue and Amber, not playing a formation that suits the players i.e. full backs as wing backs.

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
It is fine margins, even the case last week at Oxford. The team is nearly ok for this level, but for that missing piece in the final third. Hopefully over the next week or so it happens. It could be the difference between comfortable lower mid table and relegation.

What were the fine margins at our game last week? If we'd brought our shooting boots then it would have been very comfortable for us.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
What were the fine margins at our game last week? If we'd brought our shooting boots then it would have been very comfortable for us.
I wasn't there myself but the impression I had from what other Carlisle fans had said of our performance was it was poor and Oxford easily better so I'm sure our performance against Exeter yesterday was much better.

Floreat Salopia

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury
Reading your forum Floreat Salopia, you lot seem very, very similar to us this time last season in terms of lots of changes behind the scenes over the summer, a new manager and background staff, lack of squad depth, plenty to do in the final two weeks of the transfer window and, from comments on Blue and Amber, not playing a formation that suits the players i.e. full backs as wing backs.
Pretty much spot on yeah, Luke. We’ve been unfortunate with injuries early once again this season, but it’s no excuse to be having two 17 year old kids on the bench at this stage of the season. We’ve been waiting on Max Mata to get his visa granted from the Home Office which has now thankfully come through so will be making his debut next weekend. However, to start the season with just Bowman and Udoh as our strikers (Udoh coming off the back of 10 months out with an ACL injury) is unacceptable by the club, especially when we’ve loaned out two strikers in Bloxham and O’Brien.

The formation is another frustrating one. LWB Shipley is a CAM but has been playing at LWB for the past 12 months due to George Nurse being out with not one, but now two ACL injuries. Winchester played virtually almost every game for us last season at CM but is now at RWB, very frustrating when we have Bennett and Sobowale who can play there.

Taylor has said that our squad will look a lot different come September the 1st. We’re still expecting plenty of incomings and apparently some outgoings too. We’re definitely in for Ryan Woods and James Collins which would be game changers but it’s whether they fit into our budget or not as to if they sign. Think we’ll end up losing Marko Marosi in goal to fund them which will be a blow as he’s one of if not the best GK in the division. Reports of a 300k bid from a Championship club a couple weeks back and we rejected it. Think Tom Flanagan will end up being sold for a fee to another League 1 club too. Potentially Dunkley might move too which will be a shame as I’m sure you saw yesterday just how good he is, especially in the air.

Big couple of weeks in the market for us, currently a comfortable mid table club but if we lose certain players then it could turn into a relegation battle, easily it could go the other way and we add a few top players as rumoured and push the play off places. We’ll see how deep Roland’s pockets are and if he wants to keep the fanbase onside and not piss us off I guess.

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
We’ve been unfortunate with injuries early once again this season, but it’s no excuse to be having two 17 year old kids on the bench at this stage of the season.

Pfft. Amateurs. We had 5 teenagers on a 6-man bench yesterday.

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
Quitchley is certainly bringing the entertainment back to Blackpool.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Erm, the scoreline? What else would I be referring to?

If statements are all well and good, but you didn’t bring these imaginary shooting boots. Just like we didn’t bring our imaginary crossing boots. If we did it may have narrowed down the 10 goal margin scoreline that you no doubt deserved.

Anyway back in the real world… I watched it was a tight game which you deserved to win. But this idea that Oxford carved us open and created loads of chances that were wasted isn’t real.

Last edited:

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
I wasn't there myself but the impression I had from what other Carlisle fans had said of our performance was it was poor and Oxford easily better so I'm sure our performance against Exeter yesterday was much better.

I watched. It wasn’t this one sided mauling that he’s making out.

They deserved the win, but by no more than a goal. The performance was better against Exeter, but the Oxford game was still close, we just didn’t have any sort of quality on our final ball. We weren’t clinging on for dear life like he’d have you believe.

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Erm, the scoreline? What else would I be referring to?

If statements are all well and good to claim it would have been comfortable, but you didn’t bring your shooting boots. Just like we didn’t bring our crossing boots. If we did it may have narrowed down the 10 goal margin scoreline that you no doubt deserved.

Anyway back in the real world… I watched it was a tight game which you deserved to win. But this idea that Oxford carved us open and created loads of chances that were wasted isn’t real.

We ran through your defence plenty of times, just bad choices at the end. Off the top of my head, Harris (twice), Rodrigues, Browne, Mills and Sam Long all passing when they should have shot. Harris acknowledged his 2 in his interview saying he needs to be selfish.

It wasn't fine margins when your best shot was comfortably going wide, considering our keeper pulled his hands away in advance of the ball going past him. You had no shots on target and were toothless in this game*.

*I'm only talking about this game, no other games.

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
I watched. It wasn’t this one sided mauling that he’s making out.

They deserved the win, but by no more than a goal. The performance was better against Exeter, but the Oxford game was still close, we just didn’t have any sort of quality on our final ball. We weren’t clinging on for dear life like he’d have you believe.

And I never said 'one sided mauling', I said 'very comfortable' which is different. You didn't look like scoring if you played through to the next day.

You raised 'fine margins' and there weren't any of those for yourselves in that game.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Well after making it home around 12.30am after the complete cluster fuck that Avanti and Northern rail trains are after cancelling and delaying virtually every possible service in and out of Blackpool and back to London from Preston at least we got a point and a clean sheet.

Draw was a fair result, both sides had chances ours were all in the in first half and second half Blackpool tried to bully us as we're not the most imposing team with balls in the box, but we defended well enough. A bit pissed off at the end we nearly threw it away after overplaying yet again on the edge of our opponents box and getting countered on when losing it.

Sam Howes played better in goal for us, pleased for him that he kept a clean sheet. I'd have taken a draw before the game as we could only name 6 subs on a very young bench. We have 7 players out injured and some sort of a bug seems to be going round the camp as well.

Blackpool were tough to play against but you could see they were two leagues abover us last year.

Also Blackpool don't let you take your own food and drink into the ground, the fucking c***. I just about managed to sneak my water and sandwich in.

Thank god I don't have to go there again this season.................oh wait we have Fleetwood away in 6 weeks.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
We ran through your defence plenty of times, just bad choices at the end. Off the top of my head, Harris (twice), Rodrigues, Browne, Mills and Sam Long all passing when they should have shot. Harris acknowledged his 2 in his interview saying he needs to be selfish.

It wasn't fine margins when your best shot was comfortably going wide, considering our keeper pulled his hands away in advance of the ball going past him. You had no shots on target and were toothless in this game*.

*I'm only talking about this game, no other games.
So it was fine margins then. You can’t say “if we’d have done this and this differently” it would have been a different scoreline to justify it being a wide margin. There was 1 goal in the game, that’s a fine margin.

I could turn around and say if Mellish had played his pass to a blue shirt instead of straight to one of your players in the box first half we’d have scored. Or if Guy’s shot had gone the other side of the post instead it would have been a goal. But ifs mean fuck all. I’ve said you deserved the win, that’s it.

Overall all of our games so far have been fine margins. We just need to add some better quality in the final third to turn the fine margins more in our favour. That’s the point I was trying to make to shoddy before I stained your Oxford honour.

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Again he’s talking like he only had to turn up to win against teams like us.

I’ve seen Barton’s post match interview and that’s also an arrogant way to look at it, along with blaming all his players and nothing on him.

Finley disrespected our club in the way he talks. No disrespect from my side on those clubs mentioned but simply pointing out he needs to remember who he was playing against yesterday. I mean, we’re amazingly top of the league. In Barton’s words.
Why are you bothered about what Finley and Barton think anyway? You got the 3 points and that was the most important thing.

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
So it was fine margins then. You can’t say “if we’d have done this and this differently” it would have been a different scoreline to justify it being a wide margin. There was 1 goal in the game, that’s a fine margin.

I could turn around and say if Mellish had played his pass to a blue shirt instead of straight to one of your players in the box first half we’d have scored. Or if Guy’s shot had gone the other side of the post instead it would have been a goal. But ifs mean fuck all. I’ve said you deserved the win, that’s it.

Overall all of our games so far have been fine margins. We just need to add some better quality in the final third to turn the fine margins more in our favour. That’s the point I was trying to make to shoddy before I stained your Oxford honour.

Was Guy's shot your best one that was comfortably wide to the point our keeper withdrew his hands? 7 shots, none particularly near the goal and being toothless isn't fine margins.

Using your logic our defeat vs Cambridge was fine margins (clue here it wasn't) or it was fine margins for Bolton yesterday vs Wigan.

You didn't stain my 'Oxford honour', I was pointing out you were wrong.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Was Guy's shot your best one that was comfortably wide to the point our keeper withdrew his hands? 7 shots, none particularly near the goal and being toothless isn't fine margins.

Using your logic our defeat vs Cambridge was fine margins (clue here it wasn't) or it was fine margins for Bolton yesterday vs Wigan.

You didn't stain my 'Oxford honour', I was pointing out you were wrong.

:ffs: You clearly aren’t capable of understanding so we’ll leave it at that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!