2016/17 National League North

Andy Harrier

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
FT 1-1. Sounds like we've thrown that away having dominated it for most of the match.

Prodigal

Reaction score
Supports
Chorley
3 points at Worcester and another clean sheet, roll on Monday, Staleyvegas at home.

David Curries Mullet

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Strange game. Our normally solid defence was torn a new one first half. Hearn and Bradley were superb. When they went 4-1, i thought they'd go on and win easily. However, they crumbled at the back, and where hanging on at the end. Could have done without the gamesmanship, players going down in rotation for sod all, but now we're climbing the leagues again we'll have to get used to it.

Coaster

Reaction score
Supports
Afc Fylde
Credit to 98% of the halifax fans that came down today. A credit to their team. Halifax look very dangerous this season and with Denton up top always kept us on the edge.

A great win for us today and a record crowd of 1905. Big help from Halifax but looks like the new ground is helping get the fans. Good goals and two very good sides. Tbh im thrilled we got the win and you guys are a big club at our level

2 crazy games this week and just hope we can keep the form going

Just on a side not on the group of 20 or so that wanted a fight and unfortunately one threw a lighter into the crowd and hit a girl in the eye. Sadly we had a tin pot security team today who let all the away fans walk from the away end to the other end past the main home stand within the ground.

Apart from that the shaymen I met after the games in the bar were a credit to the club. All the best guys and I look forward to our return game in halifax

Clem Fandango

Reaction score
Supports
Gloucester City
Missed today's game but a cracking win at Stalyvegas, first we've managed since promotion. It's our best start ever now and with a game in hand we could be in the play off places with another win. Nose bleed territory.

Our ground also goes to council committee a week on Tuesday and the expectation is that finally we'll get the green light to come home. Annoyingly it clashes with the away game at Tamworth so suspect our away support won't be as good there as a lot will want to be down the council building.

FyldeLad

Reaction score
Supports
Blackpool (Fylde)
Agree with Coaster. Enjoyed the game, but no need for 20 or so Halifax fans to act like that. Not sure what the point of it was? You're not taking the Stretford End or The Kop, you're just being annoying to a load of families and old folk that are there to watch a game of football.

That said, tremendous numbers from Halifax. I was impressed with your numbers 7, 8 and 9 (sorry, I don't know their names) and thought it was a pretty even game.

Shay has it right re the certificate. There were exposed wires and pipes in the toilets, ffs. :bg: Back there tomorrow though for Pool legend Brett Ormerod's testimonial.

From the two games I've seen so far, Fylde look to have plenty of goals in them, but are vulnerable to a high ball in the box. No surprise that Fylde, Halifax and Salford are favourites for promotion. All of them try to play football and have some decent players.

Pliny Harris

Frightened Inmate #2
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
The Provisional Brotherhood
The number crunching when it comes to AFC Flyde is ridiculous when you look at it. A £18m stadium shat out onto the nearest motorway slip road. A further few million establishing and building facilities around Kellamergh Park for a few years. Then probably a couple mill more paying the players to take them from the counties leagues to the Conference North. That all adds up to £20m–£25m just to get a team from the amateur leagues to the semi-pro Conference North. For perspective, Pilley spent about £10m getting Fleetwood where they are now. Another way of looking at it is that if Flyde's core home support is lucky to settle at 1,000 for the rest of the season, then £20,000 has been spent per supporter so far.

Apparently they have sold nine directors' boxes at the new place as well, which have cost £15,000 each to rent for the season. It costs £11,700 a year to rent a five-bedroom detached house where I live.

Considering it's a top of the table clash, segregation wasn't in place, stewards were few on the ground, there were no barriers, the kids were on the piss, the home fans were being provocative and the match was feisty, it's quite a credit that the worst thing that happened was a pint was thrown. I wonder what the FA's ground safety officer who visited Mill Farm is getting up to now? :£

Coaster

Reaction score
Supports
Afc Fylde
Well when I saw the halifax fans move from the away end too behined the goal at the home end. I couldnt believe noone stopped them. If it was managed properly from the start it wouldnt have been a problem. It was very lucky it didnt get worse.

Alot needs to be learnt from today for future big games.

The chanting from both ends was normal and what you get ay every ground at every game. Like at every team you get a handful who think their rocky.

On the executive boxes they have been sold out for the season.

Im enjoying the journey the club has been on, I knew it when it was little old amature kirkham and seen the progression to a full time afc fylde. Dont forget the aim is 2022 to be in the football league.

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Agree with Coaster. Enjoyed the game, but no need for 20 or so Halifax fans to act like that. Not sure what the point of it was? You're not taking the Stretford End or The Kop, you're just being annoying to a load of families and old folk that are there to watch a game of football.

That said, tremendous numbers from Halifax. I was impressed with your numbers 7, 8 and 9 (sorry, I don't know their names) and thought it was a pretty even game.

Shay has it right re the certificate. There were exposed wires and pipes in the toilets, ffs. :bg: Back there tomorrow though for Pool legend Brett Ormerod's testimonial.

From the two games I've seen so far, Fylde look to have plenty of goals in them, but are vulnerable to a high ball in the box. No surprise that Fylde, Halifax and Salford are favourites for promotion. All of them try to play football and have some decent players.

Welcome to the forum!

A

Alty

Humbled at home by Curzon. Christ.

We've used 20-odd players already and the signings keep on coming. Apparently the Portuguese lad on the field yesterday had to be brought off because he couldn't understand his team mates. Seriously. This is really tin-pot stuff.

The fans are almost unanimous in wanting Neil Young out. I'm very, very concerned, but I'm really not sure who else we bring in at this point. And what do they do with this weird squad full of Young's signings? The best I can hope for is that some of these signings start to shine and the others will slowly be discarded over the course of the season. I'm not hopeful but I don't see what other option there is.

That said, while I'm all for giving managers time, I think if we're bottom half on New Year's Day then we have to get rid.

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
First time I have had chance to get on here.

A typical game from ourselves this season! It speaks volumes when you have scored 4 away from home at the league leaders and your MOTM is your keeper - Fabian Spiess!

A blind man can see we need reinforcements at the back and we are desperately missing our loanee right back Wes Harding from Birmingham.
IF and its a huge if we can tighten up at the back we would be a real force at this level. We are lethal on the counter and yesterday was a great lesson in a quick counter and accurate finishing.

Was surprised how easilly Darlo`s central backs where split though by our counter attacks. Dan Bradley was immense yet again. He has started the season on fire. Great team goal just before HT finished off with aplomb by Monkhouse. Liam Hearn missed a guilt edged chance in the second half to complete his hatrick and it was almost costly.

Your always in the game against our defence. And to be fair to Darlington they kept going and chucked everything at us only denied by a stunning reflex save from Spiess. Incredible reactions.

A lot of Quakers where disappointed with the officials but I think he got more right that he got wrong. I would apologize for our time wasting but tko be absolutely honest it was good to see us learn from what opposition teams have down to us on countless occasions and use some game management nouse. It was little bit of a surreal finish as well with the utter confusion over the Sam Smith yellow before the ref then decided to blow when we were literary queuing up to score a 5th.

Delighted with the win but we surely cannot continue at 5.33 goals per game! :eye:

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN
Humbled at home by Curzon. Christ.

We've used 20-odd players already and the signings keep on coming. Apparently the Portuguese lad on the field yesterday had to be brought off because he couldn't understand his team mates. Seriously. This is really tin-pot stuff.

The fans are almost unanimous in wanting Neil Young out. I'm very, very concerned, but I'm really not sure who else we bring in at this point. And what do they do with this weird squad full of Young's signings? The best I can hope for is that some of these signings start to shine and the others will slowly be discarded over the course of the season. I'm not hopeful but I don't see what other option there is.

That said, while I'm all for giving managers time, I think if we're bottom half on New Year's Day then we have to get rid.

Don't Let It Bring You Down, time to get Out On The Weekend and forget about it. You can't hire a rail manager to manage a football team and be Expecting To Fly, I mean he's gonna leave you pretty Helpless, if not hopeless. For What It's Worth, it hurts for sure when you lose but then again, Only Love Can Break Your Heart. Sing along. :milk:

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
I notice Liam Watson left Stalybridge last night after a 3-1 defeat against Gloucester. Interesting timing to say the least!

Quakerz

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington FC
First time I have had chance to get on here.

A typical game from ourselves this season! It speaks volumes when you have scored 4 away from home at the league leaders and your MOTM is your keeper - Fabian Spiess!

A blind man can see we need reinforcements at the back and we are desperately missing our loanee right back Wes Harding from Birmingham.
IF and its a huge if we can tighten up at the back we would be a real force at this level. We are lethal on the counter and yesterday was a great lesson in a quick counter and accurate finishing.

Was surprised how easilly Darlo`s central backs where split though by our counter attacks. Dan Bradley was immense yet again. He has started the season on fire. Great team goal just before HT finished off with aplomb by Monkhouse. Liam Hearn missed a guilt edged chance in the second half to complete his hatrick and it was almost costly.

Your always in the game against our defence. And to be fair to Darlington they kept going and chucked everything at us only denied by a stunning reflex save from Spiess. Incredible reactions.

A lot of Quakers where disappointed with the officials but I think he got more right that he got wrong. I would apologize for our time wasting but tko be absolutely honest it was good to see us learn from what opposition teams have down to us on countless occasions and use some game management nouse. It was little bit of a surreal finish as well with the utter confusion over the Sam Smith yellow before the ref then decided to blow when we were literary queuing up to score a 5th.

Delighted with the win but we surely cannot continue at 5.33 goals per game! :eye:

Despite losing I actually enjoyed the match yesterday and didn't come home feeling too down, because at the end of the day we were 4-1 down at one point, looking around going "what the fuck just hit us?", but we battled away to make the scoreline respectable in the end, and you couldn't have grumbled if we'd got back to 4-4. Your keeper pulled off a couple of worldies and there was also a couple of other incidents where we somehow failed to score.

Overall I thought we were the better side, but coming up from the lower levels showed yesterday because we were very green defensively. One great thing about this team is it's togetherness and ability to learn, we won't get caught like that again I doubt.

Alfreton attack? Simply superb, it belongs in the Conference National

Alfreton gamesmanship? Didn't bother me. You were hanging in for the win, we'd have done exactly the same, Darlo fans can't have any complaints.

The ref? Got to disagree with you here, I felt he definitely gave more your way, but I'm not going to blame him for losing.

To sum up, despite the way we were exposed defensively yesterday, I'm really pleased with a 4-1-1 start and feel we can be in and around the play offs this season. It's also nice to be back at a level where we are playing recognisable names every week, having already faced Altrincham, Boston, Chorley, Alfreton, and with the next 3 matches being FCUM, Kidderminster and Stockport...more appealing than Prescot Cables for sure.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
I notice Liam Watson left Stalybridge last night after a 3-1 defeat against Gloucester. Interesting timing to say the least!
Family issues apparently. Their Chairman said he'd reject his resignation if he was going to go to another Club.

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Despite losing I actually enjoyed the match yesterday and didn't come home feeling too down, because at the end of the day we were 4-1 down at one point, looking around going "what the fuck just hit us?", but we battled away to make the scoreline respectable in the end, and you couldn't have grumbled if we'd got back to 4-4. Your keeper pulled off a couple of worldies and there was also a couple of other incidents where we somehow failed to score.

Overall I thought we were the better side, but coming up from the lower levels showed yesterday because we were very green defensively. One great thing about this team is it's togetherness and ability to learn, we won't get caught like that again I doubt.

Alfreton gamesmanship? Didn't bother me. You were hanging in for the win, we'd have done exactly the same, Darlo fans can't have any complaints.

The ref? Got to disagree with you here, I felt he definitely gave more your way, but I'm not going to blame him for losing.

To sum up, despite the way we were exposed defensively yesterday, I'm really pleased with a 4-1-1 start and feel we can be in and around the play offs this season. It's also nice to be back at a level where we are playing recognisable names every week, having already faced Altrincham, Boston, Chorley, Alfreton, and with the next 3 matches being FCUM, Kidderminster and Stockport...more appealing than Prescot Cables for sure.

Excellent post sir. Very fair and honest. Totally agree with you. Our attack is amazing. On the ref I will admit I am not sure how Brad McGowan avoided a second yellow

Josh Butler

Reaction score
Supports
Boston Utd
Kiddy really should've put us to bed long before we snatched a 1-1 draw.
Can't fault our players efforts and endeavour but the quality and cohesion just isn't there.
We've been decimated by injuries so a point gained, hopefully getting a couple of those back might just help propel us up the league a bit

JE93

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington FC

Good summary Quakers. Uncharacteristic of our defence but everyone has off days and have the chance to respond instantly against FC United tomorrow.

In the end it took some wonder saves from Speiss to stop us getting a point. Have a soft spot for Alfreton, went to nottingham uni and often went out to the Impact arena to watch them in their conference days. DSL what's going on with your defence? Looking at the names on there they don't look new to this level or particularly out of their depth but to have conceded so many. If you sure that up behind Bradley, Monkhouse, Hearn and Westcarr you would be challenging at the top of the league.

Good luck for the rest of the season (apart from our rematch of course). Think you'll be top 10, could be top 5 if you sort that defence out.

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Good summary Quakers. Uncharacteristic of our defence but everyone has off days and have the chance to respond instantly against FC United tomorrow.

In the end it took some wonder saves from Speiss to stop us getting a point. Have a soft spot for Alfreton, went to nottingham uni and often went out to the Impact arena to watch them in their conference days. DSL what's going on with your defence? Looking at the names on there they don't look new to this level or particularly out of their depth but to have conceded so many. If you sure that up behind Bradley, Monkhouse, Hearn and Westcarr you would be challenging at the top of the league.

Good luck for the rest of the season (apart from our rematch of course). Think you'll be top 10, could be top 5 if you sort that defence out.
I think its a number of factors. Primarily the loss of Matt Duke has been huge. We had pretty much the same defence last season and they were susceptible then but were bailed out by the fantastic performances from Matt Duke. This problem has been made worse with Fabian Spiess calamitous performances in pre season (conceding 4 penalties after taking players out) has meant the defence has less confidence in their keeper. Although to be absolutely fair to Spiess he was excellent yesterday. Also we have no right back at all after Cliff Moyo ran off to Halifax despite promising our manager he would stay. After being find out at Stockport on the opening day we moved to bring in Wes Harding on a months loan from Birmingham. He was a real find and has been brilliant. Unfortunately he has picked up a leg injury in training and he has been a big miss. To make matters worse Niall Heaton who can play there has also been unfit. So a centre back in Brad McGowan has been forced to play there and he keeps getting dragged inside and its leaving us in big trouble. We need wing backs and we are despearte for an experienced centre half to come and nuture Brad McGowan. Oh and we have no midfield either.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
Curzon 0-0 Salford

Curzon played the better stuff and controlled good periods but created very little. Salford also were creating nothing until a spurge of chances in last 5 mins of half with Curzon clearing off line twice.....so Curzon look better side, but Salford more dangerous.

Salford just look a big strong, hard to beat side, felt kiddy and darlo look more impressive, but I can see Salford able to battle out wins.

Good crowd, a mix of the 400 fand from both clubs, then the Salford gloryhunters and clumps of man city fans here to cheer Curzon.

Think we will tire then lose this sadly.. ..working very hard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
footman

Latest posts

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!