Crewe Alex v Coventry

JJ1532

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
Stupid thing about today was, we created more decent chances in this game than we have done in half our games this season. Jones x 2, Lowe, Fox, Inman, Colclough. All had decent chances openings that they really should have buried. Deserved to concede 5(more probably), but we should have a few ourselves.

But the individual errors killed. Guthrie loses the ball, we're wide open, fed to Armstrong, 1-0. Fox loses the ball, we're wide open, fed to Murphy, 2-0. From a set peice, we're wide open, Haber makes a clumsy challenge, penalty, 3-0. Then, worst of all, Jones doesn't make what should have a routine clearance into touch, loses the ball, we're wide open, Armstrong is in, 4-0. Same mistakes week in week out, yet for the all technology and analysts and well qualified coaches we use, nobody at the club can seem to spot why the same things keep happening with the same results.

Davis is a fucking moron. Turton and Guthrie give away 2 goals on Monday because they don't close down their wingers, but Davis is incapable of seeing this and coaching them in how to stop it. So guess what happens today? Murphy gets the ball and curls the ball in the far corner. What a shock.

Davis talks about how we were set up tactically? Yeah, you got it wrong you deluded fuck! We were wide open against the free flowing Peterborough and lost 5-1, so lets play wide open against the free flowing Coventry, that'll work. He is ridiculously naive. He isn't capable of getting the tactics right before a game anymore. He needs to realise what works one week won't work the next. He needs to find more formations that he can use, that way he can switch things around depending on how the other team set up. Some weeks 4-4-2 will work fine, other weeks something else needs to be rolled out. But playing 4-4-2 against the system Coventry played was suicidal. Yes, easy in hindsight and I wasn't calling for him to change things before the game, but he is paid a decent amount of money and is given the resources to spot these little details and react accordingly. But he doesn't because he doesn't have a clue. And nor does that overqualified muppet he calls an assistant. I'm sure Collins can coach players in the technical aspects of the game, but tactically he doesn't have a clue. He doesn't have a clue how to coach a team of players in how to play an effective style of football at this level. If Davis does get fired, I won't feel any better because we'll have the equally clueless Collins in charge instead.

I want us to go down. It's what those morons on the board, those morons in the technical area, those morons in the media and those morons in the stands that defend it deserve. We don't deserve to be a league one side, we deserve to be as far down the pyramid as possible. It'll be what those deluded idiots deserve, to see us go down come the middle of March. I hope it happens, I can't stomach anymore of this shite. At least in League Two they can't cling to their pathetic "they've got a bigger budget" excuses every week. Club is going down the pan and those that matter still can't seem to spot what is obvious. We're in a huge mess, can't wait for this season to end.

As for Coventry, they capitalised on our mistakes and were comfortably the better team today. But I'd just caution them about getting carried away. We're gifting teams points left right and centre at the moment, so I wouldn't read too much into today's performance, especially seeing how they did on Monday against Chesterfield. I'm sure they'll easily finish in the top 6, but the way they defended throughout the game today suggests they might come unstuck against teams that aren't a complete shambles. Best of luck to Coventry, if any team deserves success, it's yours.

PUSBCCFC

Reaction score
Supports
Coventry City
Didn't Davis say something along the lines of "take away the goals and we didn't play too badly" :doh:

Guys had two and a half seasons of mainly struggle. Maybe relegation is needed to give a chance of getting rid of him.

I think it was worse than that. 'If you take away the goals, I thought we matched them today, I thought it was even at times'. Something along them lines...

PUSBCCFC

Reaction score
Supports
Coventry City
Stupid thing about today was, we created more decent chances in this game than we have done in half our games this season. Jones x 2, Lowe, Fox, Inman, Colclough. All had decent chances openings that they really should have buried. Deserved to concede 5(more probably), but we should have a few ourselves.

But the individual errors killed. Guthrie loses the ball, we're wide open, fed to Armstrong, 1-0. Fox loses the ball, we're wide open, fed to Murphy, 2-0. From a set peice, we're wide open, Haber makes a clumsy challenge, penalty, 3-0. Then, worst of all, Jones doesn't make what should have a routine clearance into touch, loses the ball, we're wide open, Armstrong is in, 4-0. Same mistakes week in week out, yet for the all technology and analysts and well qualified coaches we use, nobody at the club can seem to spot why the same things keep happening with the same results.

Davis is a fucking moron. Turton and Guthrie give away 2 goals on Monday because they don't close down their wingers, but Davis is incapable of seeing this and coaching them in how to stop it. So guess what happens today? Murphy gets the ball and curls the ball in the far corner. What a shock.

Davis talks about how we were set up tactically? Yeah, you got it wrong you deluded fuck! We were wide open against the free flowing Peterborough and lost 5-1, so lets play wide open against the free flowing Coventry, that'll work. He is ridiculously naive. He isn't capable of getting the tactics right before a game anymore. He needs to realise what works one week won't work the next. He needs to find more formations that he can use, that way he can switch things around depending on how the other team set up. Some weeks 4-4-2 will work fine, other weeks something else needs to be rolled out. But playing 4-4-2 against the system Coventry played was suicidal. Yes, easy in hindsight and I wasn't calling for him to change things before the game, but he is paid a decent amount of money and is given the resources to spot these little details and react accordingly. But he doesn't because he doesn't have a clue. And nor does that overqualified muppet he calls an assistant. I'm sure Collins can coach players in the technical aspects of the game, but tactically he doesn't have a clue. He doesn't have a clue how to coach a team of players in how to play an effective style of football at this level. If Davis does get fired, I won't feel any better because we'll have the equally clueless Collins in charge instead.

I want us to go down. It's what those morons on the board, those morons in the technical area, those morons in the media and those morons in the stands that defend it deserve. We don't deserve to be a league one side, we deserve to be as far down the pyramid as possible. It'll be what those deluded idiots deserve, to see us go down come the middle of March. I hope it happens, I can't stomach anymore of this shite. At least in League Two they can't cling to their pathetic "they've got a bigger budget" excuses every week. Club is going down the pan and those that matter still can't seem to spot what is obvious. We're in a huge mess, can't wait for this season to end.

As for Coventry, they capitalised on our mistakes and were comfortably the better team today. But I'd just caution them about getting carried away. We're gifting teams points left right and centre at the moment, so I wouldn't read too much into today's performance, especially seeing how they did on Monday against Chesterfield. I'm sure they'll easily finish in the top 6, but the way they defended throughout the game today suggests they might come unstuck against teams that aren't a complete shambles. Best of luck to Coventry, if any team deserves success, it's yours.

We are usually better against the good teams:bg:.

Good report though, thanks for the nice comment.

JoeJoeJoeJoe

Reaction score
Supports
Coventry

Good read, point to be made that our defence today consisted of 4 full backs in Phillips, Ricketts, Stokes and Haynes.

The Reverend Skyblue

Reaction score
Supports
The mighty Skyblues
After reading the fans of Alex on here for a while it must be so bloody frustrating to see your team go down without any fight in them.
I can't believe any chairman in the footballing world can be happy with the situation at the club, so what's he doing.
Do the fans chant Davis Out at games ?, is their any protest planned about the manager ?
We had the Pressley situation last season , so when gates tumbled closer and closer to 6000 the chairwomen knew something had to give, and it was just after giving the bloke a new four year contract, but she had the balls to get him out and she made the best decision she has since sisu came here and brought in Mowbray, but those days under Pressley were very dark, many games were played without even a single shot on goal,it was dire.
So I do feel for the fans but those that want Davis out need to make their voice heard someway, it's the only way imo.
So good luck to you Alex fans ,I'm sure one day you will see light at the end of the tunnel and a new successful period will begin again

PUSBCCFC

Reaction score
Supports
Coventry City
Good read, point to be made that our defence today consisted of 4 full backs in Phillips, Ricketts, Stokes and Haynes.

Thought they did well to be fair, Phillips was outstanding.

Charles-Cook made some real top saves in the second half.

PUSBCCFC

Reaction score
Supports
Coventry City
After reading the fans of Alex on here for a while it must be so bloody frustrating to see your team go down without any fight in them.
I can't believe any chairman in the footballing world can be happy with the situation at the club, so what's he doing.
Do the fans chant Davis Out at games ?, is their any protest planned about the manager ?
We had the Pressley situation last season , so when gates tumbled closer and closer to 6000 the chairwomen knew something had to give, and it was just after giving the bloke a new four year contract, but she had the balls to get him out and she made the best decision she has since sisu came here and brought in Mowbray, but those days under Pressley were very dark, many games were played without even a single shot on goal,it was dire.
So I do feel for the fans but those that want Davis out need to make their voice heard someway, it's the only way imo.
So good luck to you Alex fans ,I'm sure one day you will see light at the end of the tunnel and a new successful period will begin again

Hard for me to say, but SISU deserve an awful lot of credit. They have got in a manager well above this level and have put their hands in their pockets for signings.

SkyBlueElephant

Reaction score
Supports
Coventry
We've had a makeshift defence for our last two matches, two full backs playing centre back and our two players playing at full back only have about 20-30 senior appearances each.

The Reverend Skyblue

Reaction score
Supports
The mighty Skyblues
Quote of the year from Davis post game, and this is for real, " if you took away their five goals there was nothing between the sides"
If that what the fans have to put up with then I feel really sorry for them.

Vale on Trent

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Happy days.

As I said a few weeks back when I was moaning, we need to start battering teams when we are on top and that is what we did today. The only real criticism I have is that we sat back in the second half and almost conceded a few. But, it is nice to be able to moan about not scoring enough after a 5-0 win!

Crewe were really poor, probably the worst side I have seen since coming down to League
One including worse than our shambles last season. It is shame really, I was listening to the phone in on Radio Stoke after the game and the club seems to be in a bit of a mess. For years they have produced talent which has been earning them the money to survive and do well at a reasonable level, but with the way football is at the moment, they just cannot compete with the big boys near by.

Very happy for us, for the first time for many, many years, it really seems like we are going places. It is great to be able to have something to cheer about!
Big boy as in Port Vale? Top man X

Reaction score
Supports
Alex
No axe to grind, we are going down, no use papering over the cracks for some bad defensive decisions... Nothing new there. Cov are a big club in this division (why isn't Cole at Villa in their position) and agree with their fans they have more support than us...and probably coming since the JPT (slipped my mind).

SBA

Reaction score
Supports
Coventry City
Feel sorry for the Crewe fans, almost felt like they knew once we scored that it was game over, didn't even hear any boos at ht?! As for the match, we took the goals well and looked like we were going to score every time we went forward, some awful mistakes at the back from Crewe it must be said. Second half was always going to be an anti climax and Crewe should have at least scored a couple if it wasn't for RCC. Hopefully we can get a centre back in before the Walsall game and tighten things up. All the best to Crewe for the rest of the season!

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Davis can say what he wants and avoid the sack. What he said post-match today was a disgrace. But we deserve this relegation when you have a ton of absolute drones clap the team off after a half-arsed 5-0 performance.

I loved the atmosphere today, I remember back to the Bristol City game last season and other games against top sides where we put our all in against them, but the players simply wilted and disappointed us with a shocking lack of professionalism once again. This squad of players is so unlikeable (Vale fans, think back to your 2007-08 and 2008-09 squads and you'll sympathise) it's unreal. Literally can only name a couple of players I want to see play for us and then you have idiots like Turton and King who are playing miles above their actual level. Joe Cole was playing on that side against those two today, come on ffs.

To anger the fans even more, watch the loan of Adam King get renewed next week. I'm pissed off with this football club now and relegation is what we've deserved for a long time. I can't wait till Accrington stuff us next season and then let's hear the fans excuses then. An external appointment would be wonderful but in truth our old deluded board are just using the club for a HS2 payday and they wouldn't want any "outsider" exposing their true intentions I feel.

I'd rather take Gudjon Thordason than Davis, least we had a few entertaining displays under him. And he definitely wouldn't play Ollie Turton every pissing week.

TimeyWimey

Sustainable
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Turton is poster boy for everything that has been wrong with this football club for the last two to three years. He ranks alongside Ben Rix and Danny Shelley yet he's the first name on the team sheet. Rammed down our throats by Davis and Baker in the summer as Mr Dependable whilst telling us Grant didn't offer enough.

Not sure Hassall should be holding out for HS2 either, surely, if it comes to it, it'll be a compulsory purchase and a case of "how's a tenner suit ya? on your way now".

It's a shut up shop and apathy is rife. The ones who care are more likely to just not turn up, find something better to do on a Saturday. The ones who are left will be the ones who "also support LFC/MCFC/CFC/SCFC" and believe we should be grateful to be in Davis' presence on a Saturday. There's no way of forming any serious line of communication with the club, we haven't heard from board members since Wembley, the supporters club folded a few years ago and the local media are toeing the "poor form" line and seem astonished when someone questions Davis' position.

This is as close to a club committing suicide as you will ever see. Different to others in that this isn't due to some random taking us over, these are the same individuals who have been with us for 30-40 years but seem happy to let the club rot away.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Our highest paid player (Davis' son lol) has been a constant treatment room presence for two and a half years. Granted we've had so much shit at the back but think, we could get actual experience for £1500 a week and yet you just know his contract will be renewed after a 6/10 performance when he returns from injury.

It's a job for the boys mentality, if you're yes men like Davis Jnr, George Ray, Turton, Adam King etc you can expect to be picked for every week you're available because you never question Sir Steve Davis. It's obvious the likes of Inman, Grant, Colclough, Cooper and Guthrie have questioned him in the past hence they have all been exiled from the team at certain points. It's like the club is run in dictatorial fashion by a failing manager whose tactics are shocking, he appears to have lost have the dressing room and when I've seen players like David Fox telling the manager to fuck off in games like he did at Blackpool before he went off injured, it makes me wonder what these players would be like without Davis.

Ollie Turton will literally be here till the club dies, he will probably make 300 appearances for us under Davis and no one bar the true Davisites would consider him a club legend because he offers nothing. Angers me how we got rid of Kelvin Mellor (granted he was shit) for 6 poor months for not being a yes man but we give Turton 3 years in multiple positions to prove himself. The man is Stalybridge Celtic quality, not League One quality.

Football Purist

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
But..........we can still stay up!
Yes,we really can.Expect an upturn in our results from this point.

SRNP

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
I wouldn't care so much if we were bottom but competitive, trying to win games and have some action from the board. I can't help but feeling there is some form of bigger plan from the board here, seriously why would any board want to see their club fail this badly? Any other club would have sacked Davis 2-3 times over yet he is still here. We hear nothing from the board, nothing. Why should us mugs (fans) turn up and spend money to watch the worst professional XI in the 92 show no passion and lose so consistently? To here nothing from our board when we want answers as to what is going on? and to just hear the same fucking bull crap from Davis and the media?

What's the worse thing about the past 2 years for me is the lack of care from some fans now. I use to go games with 5-6 people, a few of them were week in week out, home and away. Now they can't be bothered. They care about the club yes. But they are finding it hard to go. I use to go every home game at least without fail. Now I haven't been in 2 months. When we lose I'm not surprised, when we win I can't be happy about it because we aren't going anywhere. The fact the board hasn't sacked Davis for me kills the passion I had for us because it just seems like the board, the management and the players don't care, its almost like they've told Davis to get relegated.

The plan almost seems like go back down to league 2, get our crowds to drop, HS2 comes along, because we don't have higher crowds, here you go Hassle here is £50million, relocate. Build a 5million pound stadium in the middle of nowhere. Pocket the remaining funds and fuck off. Maybe sell some players that come through the academy in the process (easier for them to come through to the XI in league 2 or below).

TimeyWimey

Sustainable
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Hassall will be lucky to get a fraction of £50million for HS2, he/the club is unlikely to profit from it at all. If HS2 requires the land our ground is on (which is still up in the air although I guess we'll know some time this year), the government will make it a compulsory purchase which means they'll take it for no more than face value. Face value may even just mean they pay for the relocation and not much else.

Richard Cranium

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
Twitter
@jallsop93
CXz3YFwWAAE69W5

JJ1532

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
Cheers Steve, make yourself and the club a laughing stock on a national level now. Great. What a fucking moron that bloke is.

JJ1532

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
HS2 won't require the land our stadium is on. The Geography of the area makes it completely unworkable, what with the big drop behind the Railway End to the Freight line tunnels and the Rail House building being in the way. The cheaper more likely options are that they build on the main station hub which wouldn't affect the stadium, or they build in the Basford sidings area south of the town. I'd say that was the most likely and cheapest option that they'll go for. Makes complete sense. There is no disruption to town residents or the main station. There are adequate link roads to the site now with the 2 new link roads to the A500 bypass. There is also loads of space off those link roads to build new houses and infrastructure. We aren't going anywhere.

Football Purist

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
HS2 won't require the land our stadium is on. The Geography of the area makes it completely unworkable, what with the big drop behind the Railway End to the Freight line tunnels and the Rail House building being in the way. The cheaper more likely options are that they build on the main station hub which wouldn't affect the stadium, or they build in the Basford sidings area south of the town. I'd say that was the most likely and cheapest option that they'll go for. Makes complete sense. There is no disruption to town residents or the main station. There are adequate link roads to the site now with the 2 new link roads to the A500 bypass. There is also loads of space off those link roads to build new houses and infrastructure. We aren't going anywhere.
You may be right.I'd have thought,if anything,the land to the east of the present station (B&Q) would've been a more likely option or indeed,as you say,Basford.
But no fucker really knows at this point in time.
I do wish we'd hear something from the board re the current shitty situation we find ourselves in on the playing side.
Why the fuck doesn't Bowler write a piece in the local papers or the club programme even?
I would if I was chairman because I'd want to keep the supporters informed...something our board is not very good at.
Come on Bowler...what's goin' on,ffs?

Last edited:

The Alex

VF16’s worst enemy.
Reaction score
Supports
The Vale
What an embarrassment yesterday was, we are a joke. I shouted "Fuck off Davis" at a quiet point towards the end which I'm sure he heard. Not sure why our fans aren't being more vocal about the mess we're in.

Atticus Finch

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
I shouted "Fuck off Davis" at a quiet point towards the end which I'm sure he heard.

Really? Did you think that up on the spot or had you planned it? Top insult either way though

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
What an embarrassment yesterday was, we are a joke. I shouted "Fuck off Davis" at a quiet point towards the end which I'm sure he heard. Not sure why our fans aren't being more vocal about the mess we're in.

Our fans are stuck in 2012 appreciating how Davis got us promoted. Idiots, he'll never get the abuse he deserves.

IanPVFC

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Twitter
@ianw1983
With regards HS2 I would have thought the club would already be well aware if the land was required and have had to have made plans for any subsequent move? I worked on a relocation project last year for a company in Birmingham that was already 12/18 months in the planning/move from a warehouse on 'possible' HS2 land.

From what I know, this company got a payout, all new building work and associated costs/staff relocation packages for their troubles.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
With regards HS2 I would have thought the club would already be well aware if the land was required and have had to have made plans for any subsequent move? I worked on a relocation project last year for a company in Birmingham that was already 12/18 months in the planning/move from a warehouse on 'possible' HS2 land.

From what I know, this company got a payout, all new building work and associated costs/staff relocation packages for their troubles.

This is Crewe, the whole club is run top to bottom by amateurs. I bet they think they're in for a killer payday but they'll get nothing and it'll be hilarious when Hassall's plan backfires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scotox
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!
4K UK IPTV