Friday & Saturday 18th / 19th October

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
I followed the game on BBC live scores and you were all over us particularly in the 1st half. Good win by your lads and you can be well pleased. We've had a good run away from home so no shame in being by beaten by one of the best teams in this division. Good luck and I think you can be more than optimistic for the rest of the season

It was an enjoyable game in general. You had a couple of great chances before Croasdale (who I thought was excellent for us in midfield) put us back in front and one of them goes in the result may well have been very different. Good luck to Fleetwood, decent team and as I say I think will be up there.

Bottega Don

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
26. Shared by Scunthorpe and Luton - both teams have had varying fortunes since you’d say.

It’s tight at the top but think this is where you start to see teams go on runs - stand by my preseason bet that MK and Vale are the two with too much firepower over the course of the season.
Luton did have a 30 point deduction as well, our team that year is the worst the league will most likely ever see.

joethegill

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Anyone know how Gills got on?
Bless your cotton socks, we really are first and foremost in your head aren't we? So cute of you!

Well we lost for our 4th successive game, have several key injuries and have been playing poorly, so you could say we're in a bit of a rocky bit of form at the minute. We don't make excuses when we lose though, we just suck it up, grit our teeth and try to move onto the next one.

That said, we're still 6th (and above Chesterfield) despite the 4 in a row, which is miraculous as I've heard a rumour that the Derbyshire Galacticos were the best side to play in this league since, well, Notts County last season. Losing at Bradford is no great disaster, they're a very good side who will be play-offs at least this season and with some good momentum early on they'll become a very difficult side to beat, especially at home. As said elsewhere they don't play scintillating stuff but they play good, winning League Two football and that will serve them well. Good luck to them. Rather surprising Cook didn't score though as he loves a goal against us. I didn't see the game as I was elsewhere so I've no idea how it went, but from the highlights both goals against are areas Turner absolutely needs to do better in, but he was chucked in after an injury spell and maybe wasn't 100% so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I don't think Bonner is anywhere near knowing his best side yet, there are plenty of options in forward areas but none of them appear to be grabbing their opportunities this season apart from Jayden Clarke who is scoring a few. Jack Nolan has been a real disappointment so far. Still, it is what it is and things will look rosier once we start putting points on the board again.

Our midweek game with Newport has great potential to be a rotter.

LS Bantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Genuinely, not being funny, but had we not have lost half our team after week three, I think we’d be top of the league by a fair few points at this stage.

The dust seems to have settled and those who have stepped in have done very well, barring Harrogate and Grimsby away. The only other loss we’ve had is Walsall away, which IMO, we were very unlikely not to get anything from. The same game we lost 2 CB’s and they won it in the last minute.

We’re not easy on the eye, but that’s Division Four football. We’ve sooooo many influential players still to return from injury. It bodes well but we’ve here a few times before.
“We’re not easy on the eye”, this comes up now and again but in the context of L2 football I don’t get it, not when compared to say watching McArdle pump 100 diagonals on to Hanson’s head as a comparison. Would you rather we have 400 passes and get no where with it a la an MK Dons?
We’ve got all those who can play as a 10 who can all ball carry, we’re not a hoof side, we try play out and through midfield more often than not (I think we have a decent balance between long/short play), we press well and with defined patterns of play.
What lets us down is the final ball, again L2 players, and the lack of a second centre mid for the central defenders to play out to.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
“We’re not easy on the eye”, this comes up now and again but in the context of L2 football I don’t get it, not when compared to say watching McArdle pump 100 diagonals on to Hanson’s head as a comparison. Would you rather we have 400 passes and get no where with it a la an MK Dons?
We’ve got all those who can play as a 10 who can all ball carry, we’re not a hoof side, we try play out and through midfield more often than not (I think we have a decent balance between long/short play), we press well and with defined patterns of play.
What lets us down is the final ball, again L2 players, and the lack of a second centre mid for the central defenders to play out to.

Agreed, the only football I find that’s pleasing on the eye is winning football however you do it. Spent a large part of last season watching Vale put 15 passes together coming to nowt and was bored shitless. Trust me would much prefer this season where get the ball forward quickly then play to feet in the opposition third of the pitch,

クレイグ

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Scott Lindsey after MK beat Morecambe. He thinks that they are the biggest club in league 2 !!! Based on what !? Dopey twat.

They're probably in the bottom five.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
I thought it was cagey but quite high quality, both teams worried about gifting chances.

Honestly I thought it was dreadful, particularly from us. Wimbledon did very little of use with the ball but they clearly came for a 0-0 and were pretty solid I guess, would’ve got it if not for an error by the ‘keeper.

I thought we played much worse than in the defeats to Gillingham and Vale. We never had spells of good pressure like we did in those games. But the difference was we scored a scrappy goal from not a lot and they fluffed the one golden chance we insist on gifting to everyone. I don’t understand the logic of finally starting two strikers together and then insisting on playing inverted wing backs for the entire game so they aren’t getting any dangerous crosses to work with.

Don’t get me wrong though - it’s a cracking result and when you win you can just forget about it. And the obvious positive that we’ve used the summer to put together an outstanding defence. Bass, Platt and Bedeau are all fantastic players for this level.

THE LAST WALTZ

Reaction score
Supports
GILLINGHAM
Anyone know how Gills got on?
What is your obsession with us?
Every Gills fan, bar one, on here said you deserved something from our game.
You didn’t get it.
Apparently you are going to thrash us at your place anyway so you will have your time to gloat
You are just making yourself sound like a sad, bad loser.
FFS get over it.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Genuinely, not being funny, but had we not have lost half our team after week three, I think we’d be top of the league by a fair few points at this stage.

The dust seems to have settled and those who have stepped in have done very well, barring Harrogate and Grimsby away. The only other loss we’ve had is Walsall away, which IMO, we were very unlikely not to get anything from. The same game we lost 2 CB’s and they won it in the last minute.

We’re not easy on the eye, but that’s Division Four football. We’ve sooooo many influential players still to return from injury. It bodes well but we’ve here a few times before.

To be fair, I’m pretty sure everyone appears to have some kind of terrible injury crisis so far this season.

Valeite

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
We have really regressed over the past three weeks or so into a very dysfunctional side, with players out of position, a shape that seems to change half to half, a different line up every week and soft goals being shipped all over the show. Needs sorting promptly before the seasons descends into another mess as on paper, and the evidence of the first five or six weeks, we should be comfortably mid table this year.

The second half today was abysmal and as bad as anything we've produced throughout the past four years or dross. Guessing we'll now set up on Tuesday night at Chesterfield in the same embarrassing way we did at Port Vale.
The thing that got me was once we scored and you stopped rolling around wasting time and preventing a game of football happening then you looked as good a side as i have seen this season, Terrible manager ,hope he fails and never gets another club

Mighty_Bantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City

If you don't play like Barcelona 2008/09 you're automatically defined as crap. There's more than one way to skin a cat though.

Let's be honest, we're all fourth division fans here. What we like is football that's played front to back quickly, aggressive in nature and with lots of crosses/shots on goal.

If I was bothered about genuine quality I'd be an armchair fan of Man City/Arsenal/Liverpool etc. Except top level football that is based on possession and playing the percentages/safe passes bores me to tears.

WilsdenBantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
To be fair, I’m pretty sure everyone appears to have some kind of terrible injury crisis so far this season.
There does seem to be a lot this year for whatever reason. As I said in my post last night, I think some of ours have been a blessing in some way. We look far better than we did at the start of the season, more mobile, organised and aggressive.

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams

For sure, but I’m not convinced any team lost all three CB’s within the space of a week.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
For sure, but I’m not convinced any team lost all three CB’s within the space of a week.

No but try losing your best midfielder and first and second choice wingbacks on the left and top wingback on the right. Think it’s the exception to the norm that any team can name its best XI right now.

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Them having no EFL quality players is what's more likely done it for them. You look at their squad and it's still chock full of non-league chuff. No offence to any of their fans, but I doubt they'll be many tears shed if they go back down come the end of the season.

Only problem is, you look at the top of the NL and it's grim bunch in line to replace whoever goes down.

Fortunately for Bromley they've got a team that donates three points to everyone down the bottom next Saturday.

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
I'd rather be bad and boring at times at trying to pass the the ball and play football than be bad trying to play direct which just results in aimlessly punting it forward to {insert name of 6'2" plus forward with limited ability and poor goalscoring record but holds up ball well}. That is equally dull and above all depressing.

We are paying money to watch professionals who get paid to play football. I want to see as much stuff as an poor Saturday and average Sunday league footballer like me can't do. I could hoof it from right back diagonally to the rough area of the big man in the team and hope we pick up the scraps every week. But it's shit to play and even worse to watch.

loz

Reaction score
Supports
Citeh
I'd rather be bad and boring at times at trying to pass the the ball and play football than be bad trying to play direct which just results in aimlessly punting it forward to {insert name of 6'2" plus forward with limited ability and poor goalscoring record but holds up ball well}. That is equally dull and above all depressing.

We are paying money to watch professionals who get paid to play football. I want to see as much stuff as an poor Saturday and average Sunday league footballer like me can't do. I could hoof it from right back diagonally to the rough area of the big man in the team and hope we pick up the scraps every week. But it's shit to play and even worse to watch.
You need to mix tactics which is exactly what we did yesterday. The opposing goalie was struggling with crosses from wide positions so we obviously gave him a few to contend with, not hoofed from deep but crosses from the wings after we had passed our way there. We also split their defence with controlled passing movement so to label us as purely hoofball is not the case at the moment.

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
You need to mix tactics which is exactly what we did yesterday. The opposing goalie was struggling with crosses from wide positions so we obviously gave him a few to contend with, not hoofed from deep but crosses from the wings after we had passed our way there. We also split their defence with controlled passing movement so to label us as purely hoofball is not the case at the moment.

Who labeled you as purely hoofball?

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Walsall had 4 shots on target all game, scored 4 times! Seen similar stats in previous games.
11 shots on target in their last two trips to Blundell Park and 10 goals scored. Absolutely ridiculous stat. :lol:

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
No but try losing your best midfielder and first and second choice wingbacks on the left and top wingback on the right. Think it’s the exception to the norm that any team can name its best XI right now.

Oh, you’ve lost your best midfielder too, then.

To put into context, we lost the following players within a 3 week period.

Aden Baldwin
Cieran Kelly
Niall Bryne
Antoni Sarcevic
Jamie Walker
Alex Pattison
Joe Adams

5 of those players started the season, beating MK Dons on the opening day.

Callum Johnson still hasn’t kicked a ball in anger.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Ffs don’t get me started on injuries, we’ve got pretty much a full team out injured at the minute.

Reactions: loz

loz

Reaction score
Supports
Citeh

Aden Baldwin
Cieran Kelly
Niall Bryne
Antoni Sarcevic
Jamie Walker
Alex Pattison
Joe Adams

I keep thinking thank you Gillingham for signing Williams but the guy we signed instead is injured more than him.

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
Bless your cotton socks, we really are first and foremost in your head aren't we? So cute of you!

Well we lost for our 4th successive game, have several key injuries and have been playing poorly, so you could say we're in a bit of a rocky bit of form at the minute. We don't make excuses when we lose though, we just suck it up, grit our teeth and try to move onto the next one.

That said, we're still 6th (and above Chesterfield) despite the 4 in a row, which is miraculous as I've heard a rumour that the Derbyshire Galacticos were the best side to play in this league since, well, Notts County last season.
Oh heck :whistle:

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
What is your obsession with us?
Every Gills fan, bar one, on here said you deserved something from our game.
You didn’t get it.
Apparently you are going to thrash us at your place anyway so you will have your time to gloat
You are just making yourself sound like a sad, bad loser.
FFS get over it.
Only asked a question, wasn’t up to date with the scores that’s all!

No but seriously, you well & truly rattled me, happy to admit that. The ‘Chesterfield meltdown’ thread wasn’t made for nothing you know!!!

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers, Sporting Leyland

Aden Baldwin
Cieran Kelly
Niall Bryne
Antoni Sarcevic
Jamie Walker
Alex Pattison
Joe Adams

Ffs don’t get me started on injuries, we’ve got pretty much a full team out injured at the minute.

We had 13 players out injured this time last season, hardly won a game until February and still made the play-offs so I think injury whinging should be banned until the end of January

Reactions: loz
Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
Them having no EFL quality players is what's more likely done it for them. You look at their squad and it's still chock full of non-league chuff. No offence to any of their fans, but I doubt they'll be many tears shed if they go back down come the end of the season.

Only problem is, you look at the top of the NL and it's grim bunch in line to replace whoever goes down.
I’ve not looked but believe Barnet are doing quite well? I’d like Southend and Altrincham to come up. Southend deserve it after all they’ve been through with their nob of an owner. Altrincham really good club, decent away day not too far & deserve a go in EFL imo. Not Oldham, they can suffer a bit longer lol

Reaction score
Supports
Notts
I don’t understand the logic of finally starting two strikers together and then insisting on playing inverted wing backs for the entire game so they aren’t getting any dangerous crosses to work with.
I don't think McGoldrick is often in a position to be attacking crosses, not that he couldn't be if we set up differently. Sort of feel like with the wing backs on the "right" side will lead to there being more gaps that he'll be dropping into on the edge of the area. I think Jatta can be so dominant that it's worth doing still.

spireite

We used to make shit
Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
Gillingham lot absolutely RATTLED by a 5 word post by ODL. Sad to see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drenux25

Latest posts

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!