Stickied League One Away Support Thread 2024/25

Sheffsteel

Reaction score
Supports
Sheff United
There's only room for one of us.

I'll give you a subtle clue - Ethan Ebanks-Landell still gives me nightmares.

Darth, supports Port Vale.
Always had a reputation for a small but loyal support and causing trouble in the 80's.
Always have respect for supporters of Port Vale with Stoke on the doorstep
Notts Co with a forest on the doorstep, Oldham and Stockport with City on the doorstep etc etc. Whatever happens you're "proper fans".

Sheff Utd 4 Vale 0 earlier in the season is the best (most convincing) I've seen us play for many years.
I was grinning like a Cheshire Cat walking out of then stadium smug feeling quite emotional as I'd just seen the champions elect. The scoreline didnt do it justice because we could have got 10.

Last edited:

blademan89

Reaction score
Supports
sheffield united
6000 Posh going to Chelsea sunday. I can see our average plummeting afterwards in January with joyous trips to Bury, Swindon and Oldham (Tuesday Night) coming up.

What allocation can we get at yours , just the usual 1800 on the side or will the new stand be available too? 1st time ever at Peterborough on a Saturday. Only other time it got postponed when we got there

blademan89

Reaction score
Supports
sheffield united
Darth, supports Port Vale.
Always had a reputation for a small but loyal support and causing trouble in the 80's.
Always have respect for supporters of Port Vale with Stoke on the doorstep
Notts Co with a forest on the doorstep, Oldham and Stockport with City on the doorstep etc etc. Whatever happens you're "proper fans".

Sheff Utd 4 Vale 0 earlier in the season is the best (most convincing) I've seen us play for many years.
I was grinning like a Cheshire Cat walking out of then stadium smug feeling quite emotional as I'd just seen the champions elect. The scoreline didnt do it justice because we could have got 10.

I have respect for any football fan who supports there local club whoever it is. If everyone did it all 92 clubs would be much more equal I think. Last 2 jobs I've worked on have been full of blokes from Doncaster,Hull and barnsley. Everyone of them just about supports leeds. 1 donny fan, 1 man u fan, 1 Newcastle fan. This is based on over 20 people. Luckily I don't think we seem to get that in sheffield.

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
Same can be said for any fan of a lower league London club. I'm an hour or less away from 5 premier league clubs.

RobboPOSH

Reaction score
Supports
Peterborough United
What allocation can we get at yours , just the usual 1800 on the side or will the new stand be available too? 1st time ever at Peterborough on a Saturday. Only other time it got postponed when we got there

Details not out yet. We don't sell many these days so you might get a portion of the Motorpoint Stand behind the goal as Northampton did. Think they brought around 2500. If the demand is there I don't see why the club wouldn't give them, it's not like Darragh to turn down money.

Sheffsteel

Reaction score
Supports
Sheff United
I have respect for any football fan who supports there local club whoever it is. If everyone did it all 92 clubs would be much more equal I think. Last 2 jobs I've worked on have been full of blokes from Doncaster,Hull and barnsley. Everyone of them just about supports leeds. 1 donny fan, 1 man u fan, 1 Newcastle fan. This is based on over 20 people. Luckily I don't think we seem to get that in sheffield.

Ha ha yeh Sheff United fans can hardly be called "glory hunters" but doesn't matter to me.

My brother (a Wednesday season ticket holder ) works in Doncaster and he says they nearly all support Leeds (but none of them go to matches), says there's some Donny based Wednesday fan and the odd Donny based Sheff Utd fan too at his firm.

S74Blade

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield United
The numbers can drop drastically though if we're doing shit. We can have good numbers at times especially if we're doing well which can match virtually any football league team. Other than leeds,villa, geordies.

There will only be those 3 teams and Wednesday with a higher average this season, not that it means fuck all a top 2 spot is what's needed.

Do you think so Blademan, we've been in this division 6 seasons and our support has held up very well. It's hard to gauge Leeds support due to ticket prices but it's a one club City with several big surrounding areas without a football club, Wakefield, Harrogate, York now, and their average is currently less than SWFC and not massively more than ours

Muzzle

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Most around here support the glory hunters or the massives, and then there are a few bin dippers as well, it's always been hard getting the younger lot to support their local club, but with prices as high as they are now for league one matches, people want to bring their kids but affordability kicks in

blademan89

Reaction score
Supports
sheffield united
Do you think so Blademan, we've been in this division 6 seasons and our support has held up very well. It's hard to gauge Leeds support due to ticket prices but it's a one club City with several big surrounding areas without a football club, Wakefield, Harrogate, York now, and their average is currently less than SWFC and not massively more than ours

I was on about away support more than home support tbh mate. We had a shit start and took 800 to millwall we started playing well and took 3k to charlton. That was what I meant it drops off more than some clubs but can also match them as well.

WilsdenBantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Agree, try living in Bradford you feel like an outcast at times if you don't have a scummy white shirt. There are probably more Leeds season tickets with a BD postcode than anywhere else, sad really as were a big City in our own right but have been crippled through the years due to the success of our neighbours and glory fans hopping on for the ride. At least in Sheffield most support a team called Sheffield. A poster above is right though, for such a big City and wide fan base Leeds' home crowds should be far higher even in the second tier they should sell out like Newcastle, always have a good away following though. Rant over.

LS Bantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Agree, try living in Bradford you feel like an outcast at times if you don't have a scummy white shirt. There are probably more Leeds season tickets with a BD postcode than anywhere else, sad really as were a big City in our own right but have been crippled through the years due to the success of our neighbours and glory fans hopping on for the ride. At least in Sheffield most support a team called Sheffield. A poster above is right though, for such a big City and wide fan base Leeds' home crowds should be far higher even in the second tier they should sell out like Newcastle, always have a good away following though. Rant over.
Would agree to an extent, no doubting the amount of Leeds supporting Bradfordians, but I would say that most are of an older generation, ie. Grew up watching them in and around the 70's at their peak. Nowadays how many kids/young adults are glory supporting the 'biggest' local side, not influenced by who their Dad followed? Not that many, credit to our club these last few years on that front that attendances have boomed and that reflects in how many City shirts you so locally or people going to games/getting season tickets that would never have done in the past, it's an improving picture.

blademan89

Reaction score
Supports
sheffield united

I always feel most people in leeds prefer rugby to football. Certainly from experience on any jobs I'm on in leeds if I ask who they support they all seem to say I follow rugby and Leeds rhinos. But yes considering the amount of fans they have around Yorkshire and the country itself I would expect them to be getting better home crowds however if they charged what Newcastle did I suspect they would get 30k plus regularly.

WilsdenBantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Would agree to an extent, no doubting the amount of Leeds supporting Bradfordians, but I would say that most are of an older generation, ie. Grew up watching them in and around the 70's at their peak. Nowadays how many kids/young adults are glory supporting the 'biggest' local side, not influenced by who their Dad followed? Not that many, credit to our club these last few years on that front that attendances have boomed and that reflects in how many City shirts you so locally or people going to games/getting season tickets that would never have done in the past, it's an improving picture.
Very true the number of City shirts has increased, I was thinking more to around 12 year ago when I were at school and you'd get mocked for supporting Bradford Shitty and my school was only a couple of mile from VP. Thanks to Lawn and Rhodes this has certainly started to shift though, it's been helped by Leeds been in the lower leagues for the past 12 years as well though.

WilsdenBantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
I always feel most people in leeds prefer rugby to football. Certainly from experience on any jobs I'm on in leeds if I ask who they support they all seem to say I follow rugby and Leeds rhinos. But yes considering the amount of fans they have around Yorkshire and the country itself I would expect them to be getting better home crowds however if they charged what Newcastle did I suspect they would get 30k plus regularly.
Bradford was also considered a Rugby city when Bulls were at there peak, sadly the City doesn't have a team at the minute so it's definitely football now. I don't know Sheffield that well only ever been for football or to see a band but with Bradford a lot of its Geographical I.e Bradford South was mainly Rugby or Leeds(formally Bradford park avenue) east was probably Leeds as well, with north and west more City fans. From the outside I'd say maybe Sheffield north are Wednesday with South United? Just a guess on stadium locations.

blademan89

Reaction score
Supports
sheffield united
Bradford was also considered a Rugby city when Bulls were at there peak, sadly the City doesn't have a team at the minute so it's definitely football now. I don't know Sheffield that well only ever been for football or to see a band but with Bradford a lot of its Geographical I.e Bradford South was mainly Rugby or Leeds(formally Bradford park avenue) east was probably Leeds as well, with north and west more City fans. From the outside I'd say maybe Sheffield north are Wednesday with South United? Just a guess on stadium locations.

Rugby is a complete non event in this city I think more people go and watch ice hockey and basketball than watch rugby and I agree I think it's a terrible sport but that's my opinion and I know thousands love it. On your other point tbh it's a bit of a mix everywhere other than the areas actually around the ground. I live sheffield south and it's pretty mixed in all our local pubs.

bantamigo

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
wbbga0.png

2a68mqs.png

e7e8gz.png

27xie4l.png

zlzr6s.png

1zf7oko.png

20qhmpv.png
22% down for us but we've ended up only having Chesterfield and Bolton away within 100 miles so far, weird how it's worked out.

Still got Sheff Utd, Dale, Bury, Oldham to come, probably get close to selling out Fleetwood and Scunny too. I'd expect our average to be similar to last season.

Andy Proctor

Reaction score
Supports
port vale
Vale sold out 1000 tickets sent to us by huddesfield. We can pay on the day so im expecting 1500 odd to go. Bradford fans might want us beat them but we are shite away from home not won away since october 11th at mk dons and not scored an away goal since october 29th.at bolton when we were already 3 nil down.

bantamigo

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Vale sold out 1000 tickets sent to us by huddesfield. We can pay on the day so im expecting 1500 odd to go. Bradford fans might want us beat them but we are shite away from home not won away since october 11th at mk dons and not scored an away goal since october 29th.at bolton when we were already 3 nil down.

My only concern with Huddersfield at the moment is seeing how many Wells scores and if he gets sold off the back of it for a few million as we've got a sell on. Wouldn't mind it if you beat them though.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Thanks for the update. I take it no away fans can be arsed travel to vale park.thank fuck we still got bolton and shef utd still to come as no bugger else brings any fans.
I loved it at Vale Park (FA Cup game in 2011) and should we end up in the same league again anytime soon I would definitely go back.

S74Blade

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield United

I've always lived in Sheffield North now I live virtually on the Sheffield, Rotherham, Barnsley border. Most around here are Wednesday or Barnsley but there are loads of Blades here as well. Train to home matches is packed with Blades from Wombwell, Hoyland, Elsecar, Chapeltown

Sheffsteel

Reaction score
Supports
Sheff United

In Sheffield, rugby league and rugby union is the forgotten sport and is thought of in a similar vein to US Football. I've met some Leeds people on holiday and most times they rave about Leeds Rhinos and tell me how Rugby League is the best sport on earth and deserves to be more popular. I've actually met more Leeds fans (born and bred Southerners) that live in other parts of the country than people from Leeds.

Also I agree with the other posts in that the United/ Wednesday support is very mixed in all parts of Sheffield, most families are also mixed and what makes it so special is that within Sheffield the support is as near as dammit 50/50. Although I believe that in then outlying areas of South Yorkshire (around Barnsley, Donny and Rotherham) Wednesday have more followers than United (but they need encouragement to attend games).

Last edited:

Camborne Gills

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham, Kent, Miami Dolphins, Castleford
Same can be said for any fan of a lower league London club. I'm an hour or less away from 5 premier league clubs.

Mostly 'supporters' of the Big 6 here in TR14, though some go to Argyle on a semi regular basis. I do know 2 Leyton Orient fans, one of whom goes to about 10 home games a season, and went to Exeter last week (poor sod)

Muzzle

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Bolton fans always like a trip to Vale, had some good battles over the years and expect to see a lot of turning out for that one....same with Shrewsbury for some reason

blademan89

Reaction score
Supports
sheffield united
2500 sold out for walsall

Third Team Lucky

Reaction score
Supports
Milton Keynes Dons

Glad to hear it, but not everyone thinks that way for all clubs :bg:

I was really pleased to see my grandson's xmas list so was overjoyed to buy him the latest MK shirt, the junior scarf and branded polo shirt. He's 5 years old so represents the football fan of the future. It was also a good way of winding up his gooner dad, who was also born in MK.

Another Walkley Owl

Reaction score
Supports
SWFC
Agree about people supporting their local clubs, I may hate Sheffield United but fully understand why fellow Sheffielders support em. Can't stand Sheffielders who support Man Utd/City/Liverpool/etc unless they have moved from there. They can't have the proper affinity with the club that you get supporting your local club. It's like when you see people wearing an Argentina shirt with Messi on the back, can sort of understand it in kids (wouldn't let mine though) but just don't get it when grown men (or women) do it. All about supporting your home town team or country to me. Great respect for the likes of Dale, Bury, Colchester, Orient etc fans for continuing supporting their team and not choosing 1 of the bigger localish clubs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Upthegas

Latest posts

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!