Saturday 21st September

spireite

We used to make shit
Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
I think we'd do well to just go back to a bit of familiarity. Mandeville right, Berry left, Dobs or even Banks in the 10. I'd like to see Dobs/Banks/Mandy but you can't really drop Berry right now. Get Naylor back in midfield for God's sake. Just a few too many changes to the personnel that did so well last season isn't helping I think, a large part down to injuries it has to be said. No idea what we do up front, probably have to play Drummond but he looks no part the football league player to me being brutal honest. Cook won't rush Madden back though if he's not 100%. Hopefully Colclough is fit enough to be on the bench. Could do with a win.

Gator

Reaction score
Supports
Gills
Gonna be an absolute patchwork side for us but no excuses, it is what it is.

I could see us playing 5 at the back for the extra security given we literally have one single central midfielder fit. Notts will have all the ball but we have proved we can soak up pressure.
Nolan's been a bit underwhelming recently so I'd stick Clarke and Gbode out wide and just try and hit them on the counter, similar to the last 20 minutes v Tranmere- with Wyllie waiting in the wings.
I'll go for a hard fought 1-1 and be delighted with that.

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Never like to say it, especially in these early days and given the strange and unexpected this league always throws up, but we should be favourites and really be looking to win this game. If the players have got their heads screwed on this should be an opportunity to stake their claim for a place in the squad for the Chelsea game a week tomorrow.

joethegill

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Gonna be an absolute patchwork side for us but no excuses, it is what it is.

I could see us playing 5 at the back for the extra security given we literally have one single central midfielder fit. Notts will have all the ball but we have proved we can soak up pressure.
Nolan's been a bit underwhelming recently so I'd stick Clarke and Gbode out wide and just try and hit them on the counter, similar to the last 20 minutes v Tranmere- with Wyllie waiting in the wings.
I'll go for a hard fought 1-1 and be delighted with that.
Agreed, Bonner has hinted we might have a couple back for next week but anyone's guess as to which couple they might be. If one is Robbie McKenzie then that solves a lot of issues and we could stay in the same shape, but otherwise I also could see us going to a 5. I'd rather we didn't though.

Crewelad87

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Not sure if a worst team than us has won, 3 games on the bounce, and infact unbeaten in last 4 and only conceded once. But here we are, maybe abit harsh as we've been defensively sound, but at the same hand mind numbingly boring. Luckily we've played 4 teams in a row who are probably going to struggle this season in Swindon, Bromley, Morecambe and Accrington. Harrogate also probably gives us a realistic chance to continue this form, bit with our flat back 7 (5 at the back with 2 defensive midfielders), it's not going to be pretty.

I can see a draw here though with both teams just setting up happy not to get beat.

Crewe 0-0 Harrogate

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Agreed, Bonner has hinted we might have a couple back for next week but anyone's guess as to which couple they might be. If one is Robbie McKenzie then that solves a lot of issues and we could stay in the same shape, but otherwise I also could see us going to a 5. I'd rather we didn't though.

I always like us playing against a back five. Means it’s really difficult to stop Jones isolating his wing back one-on-one, and teams end up with three centre backs all marking one striker while sacrificing space in midfield.

There’s no telling what formation we might play any more. We’ve been flipping between a back three and back four several times in the same game let alone for each one.

joethegill

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
I always like us playing against a back five. Means it’s really difficult to stop Jones isolating his wing back one-on-one, and teams end up with three centre backs all marking one striker while sacrificing space in midfield.

There’s no telling what formation we might play any more. We’ve been flipping between a back three and back four several times in the same game let alone for each one.
I'm not sure we'll leave much space in midfield regardless of how we set up, it's not really our thing to allow ourselves to be dominated centrally. Get out wide and get crosses in, we're more than happy defending them for 90 minutes and I'm sure you'll have plenty of balls into the box.

We're pretty vibrant on the counter attack so in many ways this game could be perfect for us. Doncaster got the better of us without being overly attacking, just patient. We couldn't break them down as they didn't push forward in numbers to leave space and fair play to them, they played us perfectly.

Scum.

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
Well if big Willy hasn’t fucked off by the weekend, hopefully this will be his last game in charge of us and it would be great if he doesn’t cock it up, the big dick. Penis.

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
AFC Wimbledon at home this weekend.

Lost in the last minute at Walsall last week, largely due to losing 2 centre-halves in the same game.

Niall Bryne is expected to be missing for two weeks, whilst Cieran Kelly is having an assessment today. Aden Baldwin, Antoni Sarcevic and Callum Johnson still injured.

Given our injury issues, we’ve had to change formation. We worked on it at Mansfield in the JPT last night, and faired quite well.

GK: Sam Walker

RB: Brad Halliday
CB: Chieke Diabate
CB: Jack Shepherd
LB: Lewis Richards

LW: Tyreik Wright
CM: Ritchie Smallwood
CM: Alex Pattison
RW: Jamie Walker

ST: Olly Sanderson
ST: Andy Cook

If we’re going with 442, Wright isn’t suited to LB - hence Richard’s coming in. We need width and pace, and I think Wright would do a job for us at LW.

However, we could be sticking with the usual formation of 352, depending on the injury news relating to Cieran Kelly.

We are pretty strong at home, but I would take a draw here given our depleted squad.

1-1 Cook

iWomble

Reaction score
Supports
AFC Wimbledon
Good spot. I think we will need 12 men to beat Wimbledon on Saturday though!

It'll be a good indication for both clubs about where we really are in the grand scheme of things this season. We've been in good early season form but ended up battling relegation before so not counting any chickens at this stage. We do have much deeper squad strength and are seemingly more resilient this season but my guess would be a draw is most likely.

PaulHaddock

people person
Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Our forum and Twitter is going to be a toxic hellhole should we lose on Saturday. Which we will because it’s Bromley. One week closer to Thompson coming back at least.

Kauto Star

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
It'll be a good indication for both clubs about where we really are in the grand scheme of things this season. We've been in good early season form but ended up battling relegation before so not counting any chickens at this stage. We do have much deeper squad strength and are seemingly more resilient this season but my guess would be a draw is most likely.
Should be a good game. Mixed bag for us so far. The only game we have dominated is the 3-1 win over Bromley. However, Bromley did have a man sent off after about 10 mins.

We switched to a 442 for our EFL Trophy match at Mansfield last night. The formation was forced upon us as we only have 2 fit cental defenders.

Diffcult to judge an EFL trophy match I suppose but the formation really suited our players and we were very comfortable 3-0 winners.

How many do you expect to travel North. I seem to recall you travel in decent numbers to our place?

womble76

Reaction score
Supports
wimbledon
I would take a point now. I recon 500 ish in away end.

Cloudy

Reaction score
Supports
Borrusia
The man with the most unenviable job this weekend is the 4th Official at Grimsby v Bromley. He will be getting pelters from Artell on one side, and Woodman on the other, for 90+ minutes .

Expecting Bromley to be robust, big and organised. Will no doubt be taking shithousery to new levels. Everything depends on the first half hour. If Bromley take the lead then It will be a long afternoon and a very hard watch. Hoping Grimsby get in front, then we might see a game of football break out

Optipez

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County

The man with the most unenviable job this weekend is the 4th Official at Grimsby v Bromley. He will be getting pelters from Artell on one side, and Woodman on the other, for 90+ minutes .

Expecting Bromley to be robust, big and organised. Will no doubt be taking shithousery to new levels. Everything depends on the first half hour. If Bromley take the lead then It will be a long afternoon and a very hard watch. Hoping Grimsby get in front, then we might see a game of football break out
Woodman got booked last week against us. They slowed everything down until they were losing then miraculously suffered no injuries, drinks breaks or undone boot laces.
They're well organised and Cheek is a goal threat but if you move the ball quickly their lack of real quality shows.

Spireitelass97

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
I think we'd do well to just go back to a bit of familiarity. Mandeville right, Berry left, Dobs or even Banks in the 10. I'd like to see Dobs/Banks/Mandy but you can't really drop Berry right now. Get Naylor back in midfield for God's sake. Just a few too many changes to the personnel that did so well last season isn't helping I think, a large part down to injuries it has to be said. No idea what we do up front, probably have to play Drummond but he looks no part the football league player to me being brutal honest. Cook won't rush Madden back though if he's not 100%. Hopefully Colclough is fit enough to be on the bench. Could do with a win.
I’d try Berry up front if Maddens not ready to play, and he won’t be ready to start will he. We should still be able to score plenty with our attacking options. Think Banks has done his usual of playing a few good games in DM then looking like it’s not for him. If we had a stronger CB to go with Dunkley Naylor would def be back in the 2.

No idea what to predict for Saturday tbh.

Scum.

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
Well if Williamson has gone, we might just win this Dons derby.

Dan Phillips

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
We got battered by these when they nose dived out of L1 so wont take anything for granted, and that horrible draw at VP when they literally kicked, dived, full on Stevenage'd us and the referee give us a penalty after we'd scored which we missed!

If we can get our front 4 purring away like first half Saturday and the week before hopefully we can be ruthless. Really excited by that front 4 now Stockley is fit to spear head it and should be one of the best in the division with the quality it has.

Its a game most neutral will look at and say Vale win but as you and I have long suffered being Vale fans it never feels that way with us! :lol: Carlisle away last season? Not won in months... Vale in town here is your leg up!

In fairness, we had a dire squad for those Accrington and Carlisle games and were spiralling towards inevitable relegation. This time around, we don't have excuses. We should be winning.
Been allocated 1300 for our away game at Vale at the end of November. Atleast it's more than the 1000 we got last season. To be fair with it being a Monday night live on sky, I doubt we will sell many more anyway.

So you've got over two months to think of excuses for yet another pitiful showing at VP.
Hilarious reaction from Notts fans on Twitter to this as expected :lol: :lol:

That 999 sends my OCD through the roof!

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
In fairness, we had a dire squad for those Accrington and Carlisle games and were spiralling towards inevitable relegation. This time around, we don't have excuses. We should be winning.

So you've got over two months to think of excuses for yet another pitiful showing at VP.

That 999 sends my OCD through the roof!
We should be even in the auto promotion season we lost there! (All be it we absolutely battered them and got smash and grabbed). Think the only win was under Adams down there.

That said we've had 58 shots at goal in three games so if we can keep playing with that intent we should ask questions of them and hopefully create chances.

Dan Phillips

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
We should be even in the auto promotion season we lost there! (All be it we absolutely battered them and got smash and grabbed). Think the only win was under Adams down there.

That said we've had 58 shots at goal in three games so if we can keep playing with that intent we should ask questions of them and hopefully create chances.

It was indeed. 1-2 win on a Tuesday night. Kris Taylor and Craig Davies screamers.

AlanPep

Reaction score
Supports
Bromley FC
As Div 2 new boys I guess we can’t expect too many compliments, but if teams are worried about so called “shithousery?”, that probably says more about them than us, and mid table obscurity will do us nicely this season. Lose and we’re on the crest of a slump, win and we’re where we need to be. To achieve mid table obscurity, you need to beat anyone below you, so it’s an away win for me please

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
I used to get a little annoyed that we were a little too nice and employed very little shithousery tactics. We've thankfully upped our game to a satisfying mid table position on that score.

Bromley are the Man City of Shithousery, Woodman is basically Pep, a master of the game

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Shithousery is an art form.

I love it personally. Makes me laugh when our fans go nuts over it, then completely ignore it when our players do it.

Cloudy

Reaction score
Supports
Borrusia
As Div 2 new boys I guess we can’t expect too many compliments, but if teams are worried about so called “shithousery?”, that probably says more about them than us, and mid table obscurity will do us nicely this season. Lose and we’re on the crest of a slump, win and we’re where we need to be. To achieve mid table obscurity, you need to beat anyone below you, so it’s an away win for me please
That’s great shithousery!

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
It was indeed. 1-2 win on a Tuesday night. Kris Taylor and Craig Davies screamers.
I'd take a repeat of that in all honesty. It's the 1st time in a while that we visit there with confidence really high. Historically, we struggle at tight grounds because they are so different from our wide expanse of a surface.

The key to these games is to work as hard or harder than the opposition. Then the quality should shine through.

Youpies

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
The odds make Notts pretty clear favourites for the win which is quite surprising. BTTS would be my bet for this game

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Swindon away. New head coach in charge.

Not even Pep Guardiola could change this team’s fortunes and mentality within 3 days.

Swindon Town 2-0 Carlisle United

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
Our first home 12:30 KO of the season then against Cheltenham. I’m sure there will be millions up and down the country tuning into this one on Sky…

Last weekend was our first ‘poor’ performance of the season, never got going at all, so it’s important we have a reaction for this one to avoid us slipping into a slump which can so easily happen. I do think we’ll see a reaction, at least in terms of performance as it would be tough to be as rubbish as that again, but hopefully that translates to a good result too.

Team news front we’ve got Oldaker back from suspension, and SURELY Colclough & Madden are going to be back on the bench this weekend so that definitely makes us stronger. Personally I think Fleck will have atleast another week of training until we see him in the squad, so think this one may be too early for him. Grigg likely to be out for atleast a few weeks as he rolled his ankle pretty bad at Vale, but tomorrow’s presser will reveal more. Hoping it’s weeks rather than months..

Predicted XI:

Boot
Tanton Dunkley Araujo Gordon
Oldaker Naylor
Markanday Banks Dobra
Berry

Thompson (GK)
Daley-Campbell
Jones
Jacobs
Colclough
Mandeville
Madden

Would probably be the strongest bench we’ve named all season if we end up with that. Araujo has looked class in every game he’s played so I’d be happy to throw him in if it means pushing Naylor back to midfield. Banks best position is the #10 anyway so that makes sense, and Berry is our most realistic option to start up top with Drummond being inexperienced and Madden not being quite ready to start yet.

Reckon 2-0 home win

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Shithousery is an art form.

I love it personally. Makes me laugh when our fans go nuts over it, then completely ignore it when our players do it.
It did make me laugh when you sold Harry Pell and then he came back with Colchester and dived in the box to win a penalty against you and all your fans on Twitter were moaning about it.
Complete irony in a nutshell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Upthegas

Latest posts

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!