2016/17 National League North

HG Yellow&Black

Reaction score
Supports
Harrogate Town
Not sure about jealousy but there is a bit of the sort of trolling I thought we'd left behind in the northern jumpers for goalposts league.

Even more surprising is that some of the comments are coming from supporters of what I thought were "proper" clubs...rather than from little tinpot clown outfits with a chip on their shoulder.

Yeah seems to always seem to be the same, then again nothing new there for us in Harrogate. And a definition of proper unfortunately for them is judged in football terms by the division we all find ourselves in and looking at it, it is proper division this season.

Greatly anticipating our matches with Darlo this season. Should have been the festive new year double header!

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN
Not sure about jealousy but there is a bit of the sort of trolling I thought we'd left behind in the northern jumpers for goalposts league.

Even more surprising is that some of the comments are coming from supporters of what I thought were "proper" clubs...rather than from little tinpot clown outfits with a chip on their shoulder.
You're right, we have some strange fans who lack the self awareness to realise who our friends are in these leagues. I'll stand shoulder to shoulder with any of the real clubs against the Tin Potters who imagine success paid for in full by a rich tosser entitles them to respect and equal standing with the great and historic ex-Football League clubs (for clarity, the clubs who were there in 1986). Obviously the Conference North title is already spoken for but I'll be rooting with all my might for one of our brother clubs, Stockport or Darlington, to join us in the Premier next season. :bdick:

Prodigal

Reaction score
Supports
Chorley
Looking forward to the trip to play Darlington on Wednesday, shame it is not in Darlington yet but should be a good measure for us of where we are going to be as Darlo have certainly had an excellent start. We have played reasonably well so far though BPA and Boston were both poor.

Clem Fandango

Reaction score
Supports
Gloucester City
Darlo had a game plan and used it well. First half they lumped the ball up to their Denton lookalike number 9 and we just couldn't cope with their height or their long throw ins, both goals coming from our failure to deal with their size. Half of our defence being out didn't help mind. Our goal was a comedy own goal, Darlo's player mis-queuing a clearance into his own net. We didn't actually trouble them at all in the first half and they were deserved leaders into half time.

Second half we dominated possession but did very little with it. It's nice to see us play attractive football and string 20-30 passes together but it's pointless when it got us nowhere. Darlington's keeper appeared to be struggling and yet nobody wanted to try a shot from 20-30 yards out other than on 1 occasion, we continually tried to walk it into the net. They soaked up all the pressure really well and their number 7 has got decent pace to break. They actually looked more threatening than us on the break despite us being camped in their half for most of the last 30 minutes.

Think Darlington will be up there come the end of the season, defensively they look solid and not many teams will bully them with the height they have.

HG Yellow&Black

Reaction score
Supports
Harrogate Town
You're right, we have some strange fans who lack the self awareness to realise who our friends are in these leagues. I'll stand shoulder to shoulder with any of the real clubs against the Tin Potters who imagine success paid for in full by a rich tosser entitles them to respect and equal standing with the great and historic ex-Football League clubs (for clarity, the clubs who were there in 1986). Obviously the Conference North title is already spoken for but I'll be rooting with all my might for one of our brother clubs, Stockport or Darlington, to join us in the Premier next season. :bdick:

When did Halifax 2008 ever play in the Football league?

You lot are at the same level with other proper clubs because even since your new club was created you have been run badly – away from the joke fest that came before the death of the original football league club; even then it was not a lot to get all laughably high-brow over! County yes, you lot – give over. Did feck all mate.

Yes we get investment but to trot that line out is typical of a few of your fans. Bitter. And naïve. Do you not think that the majority of clubs in the UK are subsidised in their losses?? The original Football League Halifax Town was subsidised on this front and then subsidised by your local creditors after it went pop. Seems you must be proud of that, especially when you look at the list of those left out of pocket. Bit of a disgrace really wasn’t it?

I take it from your outlook that only ‘big clubs’ can get investment or are we in some Trotskyite weird Halifax world (god forfuckingbid), where all clubs must be equal and not attract people who want to grow the appeal of non-league football in a town that is full of plastic Premier League goers?? Yes we have huge dollop of nepotism at Wetherby Road but feck we have a great ground compared to what it used to be, a growing fanbase, a club that is genuinely starting to be part of the local community and a team that is always striving in this division.

Should we just use your model at the Shay of japery and buffoonery to turn people away from the beautiful game instead?

Won’t be waiting for any respect of a club that presses reset like you lot did and mugged off a lot of good local people and firms in the process. Equal standing – comes with being in the same division, haha!

Oh and highly original plan to get out of the league – steal a team and manager from another club. Good work, again, must be so proud.

Josh Butler

Reaction score
Supports
Boston Utd
2 class wins for us, defence has looked strong, especially Matt Challoner and Scott Leather, I think we can take 4 points from 6 in our next 2 games, but I hope for 6! COYM

When I saw Teague on the bench I was quite optimistic about being able to carry a goal threat....

eightiesrobin

Reaction score
Supports
Altrincham

You lot are at the same level with other proper clubs because even since your new club was created you have been run badly – away from the joke fest that came before the death of the original football league club; even then it was not a lot to get all laughably high-brow over! County yes, you lot – give over. Did feck all mate.

Yes we get investment but to trot that line out is typical of a few of your fans. Bitter. And naïve. Do you not think that the majority of clubs in the UK are subsidised in their losses?? The original Football League Halifax Town was subsidised on this front and then subsidised by your local creditors after it went pop. Seems you must be proud of that, especially when you look at the list of those left out of pocket. Bit of a disgrace really wasn’t it?

I take it from your outlook that only ‘big clubs’ can get investment or are we in some Trotskyite weird Halifax world (god forfuckingbid), where all clubs must be equal and not attract people who want to grow the appeal of non-league football in a town that is full of plastic Premier League goers?? Yes we have huge dollop of nepotism at Wetherby Road but feck we have a great ground compared to what it used to be, a growing fanbase, a club that is genuinely starting to be part of the local community and a team that is always striving in this division.

Should we just use your model at the Shay of japery and buffoonery to turn people away from the beautiful game instead?

Won’t be waiting for any respect of a club that presses reset like you lot did and mugged off a lot of good local people and firms in the process. Equal standing – comes with being in the same division, haha!

Oh and highly original plan to get out of the league – steal a team and manager from another club. Good work, again, must be so proud.

That's a decent rant

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN

You're new here right? I can't be arsed reading your post in full, I'm sure it's the usual Tin Potter spite and bile against the REAL football clubs you have been granted the undeserved priviledge of playing. I will say this only once, further queries/complaints must be directed to the FA who decreed in 2008 that FC HalifaxTown are not a new club but are a reformed HalifaxTown AFC with a continuous history since 1911. For this reason they were allowed entry into both the FA Trophy and FA Cup competitions in 2008, in the latter of which we have competed every year since 1911 except 1921 when the club was pre-occupied with preparing for life in the inaugural Division 3 North. I'm sorry if the facts are contrary to your wishes, please direct any further communication in this matter to the Football Association. Thanks. :fing:

HG Yellow&Black

Reaction score
Supports
Harrogate Town
That's a decent rant

My pleasure J

We all have our club skeletons (ours is FC nepotism and the rancour from others of how we could possibly dare have someone wanting to build a proper football club in the area) – just the Shay mob are particularly easy targets when they come over all high brow like.

They secretly love Harrogate really, always block booking Bettys out when they come over. All over the Fat Rascals with feverish, banana smelling hands.

HG Yellow&Black

Reaction score
Supports
Harrogate Town
You're new here right? I can't be arsed reading your post in full, I'm sure it's the usual Tin Potter spite and bile against the REAL football clubs you have been granted the undeserved priviledge of playing. I will say this only once, further queries/complaints must be directed to the FA who decreed in 2008 that FC HalifaxTown are not a new club but are a reformed HalifaxTown AFC with a continuous history since 1911. For this reason they were allowed entry into both the FA Trophy and FA Cup competitions in 2008, in the latter of which we have competed every year since 1911 except 1921 when the club was pre-occupied with preparing for life in the inaugural Division 3 North. I'm sorry if the facts are contrary to your wishes, please direct any further communication in this matter to the Football Association. Thanks. :fing:

Textbook response, out of your depth son. Found your new club's level, get over it.

Shame your creditors weren't treated to the same break hay?

As for spite and bile, group of us were at Wembley cheering you lot on being Yorkshire like but hay ho, I am not the bell coming on calling other clubs names like Stepford and Brocolli. Still when you are in Halifax you get a very real reason to have that kind of twisted mindset.

Cheers FC Haliferriby 2008.

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN
We're glad we could provide the less fortunate with an opportunity to support a REAL football club for once. I gather season tickets may still be bought for a bargain £199.

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
It amazes me how many people still bite to B2TF :fish:

AnimoEtFide

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
I never thought Trotsky would get a name check in the National League North thread. As if poor Leon isn't getting a bad enough press as it is right now.

HG Yellow&Black

Reaction score
Supports
Harrogate Town
We're glad we could provide the less fortunate with an opportunity to support a REAL football club for once. I gather season tickets may still be bought for a bargain £199.

Fair play. Was quite an experience seeing the Grimsby promotion winning side in the flesh.

You posh gets – season tickets that are ‘considerably’ more expensive than ours. Hopefully all the money ringing into the Shay tills has been spent keeping Tommy Denton out of half-masts and in wigs.

eightiesrobin

Reaction score
Supports
Altrincham
It appears that our keeper Callum Preston has left the club after a solitary first-team start, the 6-0 defeat by Fylde. Not one for the Hall of Fame, then.

Plus, Neil Young is reportedly looking to sign another two players before the weekend....you couldn't make this up.

Last edited:

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Our new academy played their first ever game tonight. A friendly against South Normanton U18s and won 12-0!

Not a bad start!

Josh Butler

Reaction score
Supports
Boston Utd
It appears that our keeper Callum Preston has left the club after a solitary first-team start, the 6-0 defeat by Fylde. Not one for the Hall of Fame, then.

Plus, Neil Young is reportedly looking to sign another two players before the weekend....you couldn't make this up.
When we lost 7-1 at your place, Steve Spriggs was signed from Kings Lynn, played 45 mins, we were 4-1 down, came off and went back to King's Lynn!

eightiesrobin

Reaction score
Supports
Altrincham
I remember Stalybridge keeper Craig Ellison letting in 13 goals in his first 3 games, all in the space of a week in December 2013, then quitting the game.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Any North Clubs after a CB or CM?

Clubs in this division are rumoured to be after Calum Howe and Craig Stanley on loan. Suspect the latter will be staying local to the West Midlands, if anywhere.

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
Any North Clubs after a CB or CM?

Clubs in this division are rumoured to be after Calum Howe and Craig Stanley on loan. Suspect the latter will be staying local to the West Midlands, if anywhere.

We're probably needing a CM. Don't need a CB but what's Stanley like?

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
I would have said maybe Curzon, but I believe Danny Shaw could return playing from injury over this weekend and while I don't fully know the players well I remember he looked superb in defence in the games I seen last season. I expect he may be Curzons hope to sort defence than a loanee.

Alty surely need some stable sides now than more players. Gainsborough seems more likely

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
Stanley is ok really, not the quickest but will get stuck in and do a job in CM. Going to struggle at SB because we have more options and not exactly a Cowley type of player.

So would you class him as a good CDM as that's the position we really need. We're fine with players going forward we're just missing a natural CDM.

EDIT - Just seen he's signed for Southport so there goes that :lol:

Imp in Branston

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
So would you class him as a good CDM as that's the position we really need. We're fine with players going forward we're just missing a natural CDM.

EDIT - Just seen he's signed for Southport so there goes that :lol:

I know he has just signed for the Port, after witnessing how poor they were on Saturday they will need Stanley. He is a decent defensive CM that breaks up the play and keeps things simple without doing anything too spectacularly. He should do a decent job for Southport, don't expect to see him in an Imps shirt again, but you never know.

eightiesrobin

Reaction score
Supports
Altrincham
Fylde 3 - 3 Salford tonight. Fock me, we're the only team who haven't put 3 past Fylde all week.

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
Nice for our game against Darlo to be moved to Friday next week. Not like some fans would have booked travel or anything.

Darlofan97

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington FC
Nice for our game against Darlo to be moved to Friday next week. Not like some fans would have booked travel or anything.

Can't be helped.

It is down to Bishop Auckland having a home tie in the FA Cup on that date. The FA Cup has to take priority, so therefore the game has had to be switched to the night before.

Can't really see what more could have been done? Looks like as soon as the draw was made the clubs were in touch to sort out a new date.

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
Can't be helped.

It is down to Bishop Auckland having a home tie in the FA Cup on that date. The FA Cup has to take priority, so therefore the game has had to be switched to the night before.

Can't really see what more could have been done? Looks like as soon as the draw was made the clubs were in touch to sort out a new date.

Yeah didn't realise when I posted it was because of the Fa Cup but I guess because it's Bishop Auckland's stadium they get priority, when we were ground sharing with Worcester they played their Trophy and Cup games on the Sunday.

Darlofan97

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington FC
Yeah didn't realise when I posted it was because of the Fa Cup but I guess because it's Bishop Auckland's stadium they get priority, when we were ground sharing with Worcester they played their Trophy and Cup games on the Sunday.

Yes, the FA cup gets priority over our games, however league games don't as we play in a higher league than Bishop Auckland.

Hopefully not too many of your fans will be out of pocket. 75 Kidderminster fans travelled up to Darlington the last time we played in 2011 (and that was with a link to Darlington station). So working on the assumption that a similar amount were planning on travelling this time around then I hope a fair chunk of that 75 were planning on driving or taking a Supporters Coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
footman

Latest posts

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!