2016/17 National League North

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
Curzon 0-2 Salford.

We had more of the ball and played well, but never looked like scoring until last few mins. Salford were basic, but created afew good chances when on top so deserved their win.

JE93

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington FC
Well that was a thriller. Will never be a bad result to beat FC United away from home and when we were 2-0 up after 27 mins thought it was going to be slightly easier than it was. Was a fairly even game with us controlling more of the first half and FC having the better of the second.

Stunning goal from FC to bring it back to 2-1 and made it 2-2 mid way through the second half. But as Altrincham and Alfreton have found out this season a Martin Gray team will never be pushovers and stop playing, and we got a reward in the 80th minute as Nathan Cartman put in the winner. Very happy to bounce back with a win after saturday and a great attendance of 2,700 at FC United with Darlo contributing 550-600.

Coaster

Reaction score
Supports
Afc Fylde
Rowe is on fire. If he keeps this form up we could be in for an exciting season. Looking at the table its just a tought league to call.

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Alfreton 2-5 Tamworth

We cannot defend for shit. Pure and simple. To have a negative GD after scoring 19 goals in our opening 7 league fixtures is not acceptable.
The First half was awful. Total non event really until the ref decides to give Tamworth a penalty for an apparent hand ball in the wall that nobody and I mean nobody had seen. Shocking decison from what was an fucking terrible ref. But I am gloss over that because it doesnt make up for our school defending which the fucking local pub team would be dissapointed by.

We then awoke after the break and deserved wen 2-1 ahead which should have been 3-1 after the ref decided to this time ignore a clear handball in the box. Tamworth then levelled on 70 Minutes after Clarke was given the freedom of Derbyshire to shoot which was fumbled by Spiess to Lane. Then on comes on Evan Garnett who has a glourious chance to make it 3-2 but somehow slams it wide with the keeper to beat. And by god was it costly as fist Eweleze scored with an absolutely peach from nothing before we fell apart completely and tamworth walked in to further goals. Pathetic.

Thats now an average of 5.57 per game! Crazy stuff.

Prodigal

Reaction score
Supports
Chorley
Game of two halves at Chorley, we were superb in first half and Stalybridge couldn't have grumbled had we been at least 4 up at half time, they came out battling and 3 games in 6 days caught up with us somewhat, however we are hard to break down this season and a fifth clean sheet in seven games ensured the points stayed at Victory Park. Next up Tamworth on plastic!

GodsGift

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Dennis Greene sounded like he's almost given up in his post-match interview. If nothing improves in the next 2/3 games then I can see Boston getting rid.

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN
Well I've seen enough now to declare Billy Big Bollocks is a football genius cos how the fuck he got promoted with the shit he's brought in from North Ferriby, well he must be. Conference North Champions 2017. :bdick:

CrazyImp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Twitter
@Sam_LCFC_90
Dennis Greene sounded like he's almost given up in his post-match interview. If nothing improves in the next 2/3 games then I can see Boston getting rid.
Was always going to be a tall order replacing a starting XI of that quality - missed the boat last season, should've beaten Ferriby in the Semi from 2-0 up.

Josh Butler

Reaction score
Supports
Boston Utd

Think if we go out of the cup early and have shown no improvement in the league by then, he'll be gone

Josh Butler

Reaction score
Supports
Boston Utd
As for the game, same as our other 3 aways. Did alright for 40 mins, concede.
Although we quickly levelled, a soft goal after 47 mins and then another soft 3rd (after a pen had already been saved) and we showed nothing to get back in the game

Clem Fandango

Reaction score
Supports
Gloucester City
3-1 win again for us, over Boston this afternoon. Even first half, Boston deservingly equalising after what seemed like 27 corners in a row. Second half they came out a different team, never troubled us. We scored pretty quickly after the break and then missed a terrible penalty. The Boston defender stopped a clear goalscoring opportunity, definitley should have been a booking if not a red but nothing. Let off.

Somehow Hopper then held off Boston's centre back and beat the keeper at a ridiculous angle, exactly the same as he did at Worcester a few weeks back. A keeper should never be beaten there. Great performance and brilliant to see our captain Tom Webb get to 650 appearances for the club.

If Boston play like they did in the first 45 mins they'd be comfortable mid table. But that second half display would make me concerned if I followed them. They rolled over. As for us, unbelievable start. Fylde away Saturday mind you!

Sparrow

Reaction score
Supports
Woking FC
Hi Guyz

Woking beat Chester 3-1 today. I know this isn't relevant to the thread but who cares!!!111!!111!11!!!!!11!!1

eightiesrobin

Reaction score
Supports
Altrincham
Well, Neil Young resigned and we lost again.

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
Well, Neil Young resigned and we lost again.

From watching the game and reading reports from your previous games you seemed to improve in terms of defending but you created 1 real chance as Reeves couldn't reach a shot/cross in the first half.

We took our time to wake up and eventually woke up with Gnahoua slamming home from a tight angle. Second half we dominated but couldn't find that final ball.

End of August we're in the playoffs so its going alright at the moment.

Blue Lion

Reaction score
Supports
Macclesfield
I see it's rumoured that Steve Burr will be the next Alty manager. Not sure I want a Macc legend in charge of the enemy!

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
I see it's rumoured that Steve Burr will be the next Alty manager. Not sure I want a Macc legend in charge of the enemy!

Was at the game today so it wouldn't surprise me if he turned up there.

HG Yellow&Black

Reaction score
Supports
Harrogate Town
‘Proper’ club 2008 0 Tin Pot Club 1

A Stifling performance in the first half from both sides, with shots on target as rare as 4 occupied stands at ‘Proper’ Club 2008 FC, so much so that ‘Proper’ club 2008 fans were remarkably akin to a Tin Pot Club with a smattering of applause here and there and a drummer (isn’t that what Tin Pots do?) struggling to muster any noise from an expectant bunch of fans, used to elevators in stands, Wembley day outs and pillaging Humberside Village teams in a way not seen since the Vikings darkened our east coast.

Some laughable decisions by the ref to both sides kept the game very disjointed and it was perhaps very just that the match was settled by the only moment of incision and excitement by the young Jack Emmet of Tin Pot FC. A beautiful goal off the underside of the bar as he cut in from the wing and shot from an angle just inside the penalty area.

Ferriby tried time and again to reach Tommy Denton whose mind during the match was no doubt on his hopeless haft mast situation and why the hell there is not an Afro Caribbean wig shop in striding distance of his new home, as he lacked any impact in Tin Pot Club’s penalty area, being ably marked out of the game by ex ‘Proper’ club 2008’s Simon Ainge.

Apart from that, excitement was hard to come by and no doubt the ‘Proper’ Club 2008’s players were at least pleased to hear some atmosphere supplied throughout by the visiting fans, something that clearly irritated ‘Proper’ Club 2008 fans so much that they ended up pushing some kids over outside the away coach after the match. Laughable Police convoy and Helicopter needed to get us back to 2016, as locals waited for our considerable convoy of one coach (49 seater no less!) to recreate a scene stolen straight from the opening of 2001 Space Odyssey. A pleasant bunch and made us really want to be a proper club just like ‘Proper’ Club 2008.

eightiesrobin

Reaction score
Supports
Altrincham
That's the best match report I've read since those posted by The Scunner on the old nonleagueforum, bravo.

In fact, it made me forget I support Altrincham for a minute or so.

HG Yellow&Black

Reaction score
Supports
Harrogate Town
We are that type of kind and sharing bunch at Harrogate, so much so we allowed you to regain the good old, pre young days at our place in injury time.
Cheers for the high praise, glad you liked it. I have just about regained my senses after such a heady day.

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
Our goal yesterday, very good passing move from the back.

Mhaol

Reaction score
Supports
Harrogate Town

A Stifling performance in the first half from both sides, with shots on target as rare as 4 occupied stands at ‘Proper’ Club 2008 FC, so much so that ‘Proper’ club 2008 fans were remarkably akin to a Tin Pot Club with a smattering of applause here and there and a drummer (isn’t that what Tin Pots do?) struggling to muster any noise from an expectant bunch of fans, used to elevators in stands, Wembley day outs and pillaging Humberside Village teams in a way not seen since the Vikings darkened our east coast.

Some laughable decisions by the ref to both sides kept the game very disjointed and it was perhaps very just that the match was settled by the only moment of incision and excitement by the young Jack Emmet of Tin Pot FC. A beautiful goal off the underside of the bar as he cut in from the wing and shot from an angle just inside the penalty area.

Ferriby tried time and again to reach Tommy Denton whose mind during the match was no doubt on his hopeless haft mast situation and why the hell there is not an Afro Caribbean wig shop in striding distance of his new home, as he lacked any impact in Tin Pot Club’s penalty area, being ably marked out of the game by ex ‘Proper’ club 2008’s Simon Ainge.

Apart from that, excitement was hard to come by and no doubt the ‘Proper’ Club 2008’s players were at least pleased to hear some atmosphere supplied throughout by the visiting fans, something that clearly irritated ‘Proper’ Club 2008 fans so much that they ended up pushing some kids over outside the away coach after the match. Laughable Police convoy and Helicopter needed to get us back to 2016, as locals waited for our considerable convoy of one coach (49 seater no less!) to recreate a scene stolen straight from the opening of 2001 Space Odyssey. A pleasant bunch and made us really want to be a proper club just like ‘Proper’ Club 2008.

I right enjoyed that read. 10/10. Would tin pot again.

CFC4LIFE

Reaction score
Supports
Chorley FC/ Blackburn Rovers
2 good wins, but should've battered them both, 5 clean sheets out of 7, joint best defence in the league, cant argue with that....

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN

Mildly amusing in a "we're Tin Pot, we don't do passion" kind of way, although you gravely overestimate how far sound will travel from less than 100 fans in a stadium containing just a cock hair under 2000. I didn't realise you were there till I saw the attendance announced on Twitter. A piss poor effort even from a Tin Pot outfit with only 30 miles to travel on a Bank Holiday Monday. Glad you enjoyed your Big Day Out at a Proper Club. 2 dreadful sides providing zero entertainment or attacking intent. A decent outfit would have beat us by 4 yesterday. I'm starting to think the Ferriby contingent have got stage fright now they've actually got some paying customers to play for. Anyway, get relegated gain 400 fans- that's how things go down at REAL football clubs. Conference North Champions 2017. :bdick:

Leftfeet

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Teams -

AFC Flyde
AFC Telford United
Alfreton Town
Altrincham
Boston United
Brackley Town
Bradford Park Avenue
Chorley
Curzon Ashton
Darlington
FC Halifax Town
FC United
Gainsborough Trinity
Gloucester City
Harrogate Town
Kidderminster Harriers
Nuneaton Town
Salford City
Stalybridge Celtic
Stockport County
Tamworth
Worcester City

Wow that looks like a tough old league. :eye:

Still Early doors yet but Stockport and Gainsborough have been the busiest in the transfer market thus far. Stockport caused a stir at Chorley with thier transfer business. Darlington have also strengthened

Darlington have signed Liam Marrs from Boston, Lewis Nightingale from Farlsey, Aaron Wearmouth and Jordan Watson from Blyth, while also welcoming back stalwart Mark Bell.

Gainsborough`s now permanent player-manager Dom Roma has signed striker Jacob Hazel from Frickley and former Red Ash Worsfold from Buxton and Jake Scott from Bradford PA

Elsewhere in the league Salford have begun serious pich and stadium redevlopment while Harrogate Town have announced serious plans for their stadia - https://www.facebook.com/harrogatetown/posts/10153621918242957

Tough league but our beloved Hatters are mid table. https://southmanchesternews.co.uk/sport/football/latest-football-league-roundup/
Teams -

AFC Flyde
AFC Telford United
Alfreton Town
Altrincham
Boston United
Brackley Town
Bradford Park Avenue
Chorley
Curzon Ashton
Darlington
FC Halifax Town
FC United
Gainsborough Trinity
Gloucester City
Harrogate Town
Kidderminster Harriers
Nuneaton Town
Salford City
Stalybridge Celtic
Stockport County
Tamworth
Worcester City

Wow that looks like a tough old league. :eye:

Still Early doors yet but Stockport and Gainsborough have been the busiest in the transfer market thus far. Stockport caused a stir at Chorley with thier transfer business. Darlington have also strengthened

Darlington have signed Liam Marrs from Boston, Lewis Nightingale from Farlsey, Aaron Wearmouth and Jordan Watson from Blyth, while also welcoming back stalwart Mark Bell.

Gainsborough`s now permanent player-manager Dom Roma has signed striker Jacob Hazel from Frickley and former Red Ash Worsfold from Buxton and Jake Scott from Bradford PA

Elsewhere in the league Salford have begun serious pich and stadium redevlopment while Harrogate Town have announced serious plans for their stadia - https://www.facebook.com/harrogatetown/posts/10153621918242957

Indeed a tough league and our beloved Hatters are mid table and nibbled a win at the weekend against Worcester ;-) Still alot to play. https://southmanchesternews.co.uk/sport/football/latest-football-league-roundup/

HG Yellow&Black

Reaction score
Supports
Harrogate Town
Mildly amusing in a "we're Tin Pot, we don't do passion" kind of way, although you gravely overestimate how far sound will travel from less than 100 fans in a stadium containing just a cock hair under 2000. I didn't realise you were there till I saw the attendance announced on Twitter. A piss poor effort even from a Tin Pot outfit with only 30 miles to travel on a Bank Holiday Monday. Glad you enjoyed your Big Day Out at a Proper Club. 2 dreadful sides providing zero entertainment or attacking intent. A decent outfit would have beat us by 4 yesterday. I'm starting to think the Ferriby contingent have got stage fright now they've actually got some paying customers to play for. Anyway, get relegated gain 400 fans- that's how things go down at REAL football clubs. Conference North Champions 2017. :bdick:

Ah praise indeed.

I know sound obviously doesn’t travel well at that Rugby League ground does it, especially when there are a thousand mutes in a Kop. Proper Club passion eh?

Ta for the easy 3 points and hope the bbq up on the banqueting terrace post-match made up for your various bitter disappointments; how posh tho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
footman

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!