2023/24 League One Playoffs

Who will it be joining Pompey and Derby next season?

• Bolton

Votes: 29 63.0%
  • Peterborough

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Oxford

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Barnsley

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Robie

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Oxford to be fair set up to stop us playing, and they did it well from minute 1, the disappointment is that for the other 89 minutes, we did nothing to stop them doing this....oh well, see you all in August
What a strange analysis. You decided to play it between your defence, lump it forward and fall over to try and get a set piece. You didn’t lay a glove on us… there was only one team set up to play.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I also hope that's the last time we're ever linked to Dion Charles just because he's from Preston. 4th or 5th time I've seen him and he's crap.
I thought he looked quite good against us but he's everything I hate about a modern player. Arrogant when there's no real back up to it, interested in his image as much as his football. Another 3rd level footballer who thinks he's better than he is. God I despise some of the new generation.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
When Oxford played us a few weeks ago, I thought they were excellent. Yes, we were and have been dreadful but they had some excellent wide players, knocked it about really well and just looked a good team. Same at the away game....we got lucky that they had a man sent off.

I was surprised that so many of their fans thought that they weren't that good. I had a feeling they might go up.

They're a team who we should really be trying to emulate. I feel we are of a similar size and have had a reasonably similar arc, albeit Oxford have been in the top division.

We're on a different planet to them currently.

Robie

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Watching it back…what great assists by Ruben

GeneralLee

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

I’ll watch the game back tomorrow if I can. Where I was sat close to the pitch at an angle behind the goal you don’t really get a true sense of the game. It’s tricky to fully appreciate how well we played/how much pressure we were under.

From what I could tell, the Bolton game plan was a strange one. The lack of purpose and threat was alarming. Even with 10 minutes to go, had they just thrown Santos up top to cause chaos that would have been *something*… But the game sort of just came to a close.

It concluded in what felt like the quickest 90 minutes of football I’ve watched in a long time. Bolton just did not threaten at all which made the game quite a pleasant watch!

Whatever happens, Josh Murphy deserves immense credit. He has played a huge role in turning us from what felt at one stage like mediocrity into a Championship side. His turnaround and efforts will make him a legend in the eyes of most supporters.

Not that it seems likely, but I must try and get some sleep!

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Crawley will do us a solid tomorrow, don't worry
Downside is... It's Crawley. Probably play them away in the winter when the pitch will be waterlogged again.. Had that happen before

Meadow

Not a lad
Reaction score
Supports
AFC Wimbledon
You never see Dean Lewington and Michael Rapaport in the same room do you?

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

I’ll watch the game back tomorrow if I can. Where I was sat close to the pitch at an angle behind the goal you don’t really get a true sense of the game. It’s tricky to fully appreciate how well we played/how much pressure we were under.

From what I could tell, the Bolton game plan was a strange one. The lack of purpose and threat was alarming. Even with 10 minutes to go, had they just thrown Santos up top to cause chaos that would have been *something*… But the game sort of just came to a close.

It concluded in what felt like the quickest 90 minutes of football I’ve watched in a long time. Bolton just did not threaten at all which made the game quite a pleasant watch!

Whatever happens, Josh Murphy deserves immense credit. He has played a huge role in turning us from what felt at one stage like mediocrity into a Championship side. His turnaround and efforts will make him a legend in the eyes of most supporters.

Not that it seems likely, but I must try and get some sleep!
Congratulations. When we won the Conference playoffs in 2011 I spent half the night trawling the internet for all the coverage I could despite imbibing more than I should have done. I did the same when we won the L2 playoffs in 2016. For me the championship is the holy grail. Where we were when our team was taken from us.

Enjoy the championship and enjoy your new ground when it finally gets built.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
FOR SALE:
phonto.jpeg

No longer needed, ordered in error, for info please contact masi51

Laker

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Congrats Oxford, commiserations Bolton. Sometimes finals are like that - Oxford got it right, Bolton didn’t.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
It’s the beauty/horror of the playoffs, we had it 2 seasons ago losing to port vale 3-0 and were down to 10 men after half an hour or so, amazing it you win, the pits if you lose.

it’ll be a bloody tough league next season and some of the sides here are absolute monsters compared to clubs like us, i’m sure bolton will go again.

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
That's the Collins we saw for the last 12 months when he was here, largely anonymous and diving for pens

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
That's the Collins we saw for the last 12 months when he was here, largely anonymous and diving for pens
They really were bigging him up before the game. If yesterday was a shop window he'd have been better off with the blinds closed..

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Cannot blame either Collins or Charles yesterday.....They simply got no service
Not taking anything away from Oxford yes they worked us out but that was the worst performance since Stoke in 2012.

Sold over 15k season tickets for next season but the club needs this one step back to go two forward

And sorry to say Evatt wont be part of it

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
Going to predict that Bolton will be nowhere near it next season.

Plenty of sides will be looking to be up there next season and failing in two successive play-off campaigns is brutal.

Reactions: SF_

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Going to predict that Bolton will be nowhere near it next season.

Plenty of sides will be looking to be up there next season and failing in two successive play-off campaigns is brutal.
I stated earlier that we was not ready this season but next season i think we can dominate the league
We have to change the way we play and maybe even our system.
We along with Barnsley and Posh have reached the play-offs the last two seasons and i think our squad is settled where both Barnsley and posh have to rebuild but i expect both of them being up there

Would not Swap our front two for any other two in the league. Midfield Sheehan, Dempsey, Mendez Gomas [if fit] Thomason and Morley is decent maybe room for a Enforcer which we lack Our back line again can be the best in the division if they play as defenders and not the tippy tappy shite we have seen these last few seasons.
George Johnston was a big miss this season and for me would start next season as Captain.
Baxter again a decent lge1/ Championship keeper.

The team is all under contract for next season and is pretty strong now as it stands.

The three teams that came down will challenge, perhaps Wrexham but the rest of the league is very poor
Wigan, Reading more cost cutting.....Lincoln without Taylors goals and i think Erahon will be linked with plenty of clubs over the Summer not as strong.. Charlton serial underperformers who dont know how to use May right. The rest of the league is bang average.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
I stated earlier that we was not ready this season but next season i think we can dominate the league
We along with Barnsley and Posh have reached the play-offs the last two seasons and i think our squad is settled where both Barnsley and posh have to rebuild but i expect both of them being up there

Would not Swap our front two for any other two in the league. Midfield Sheehan, Dempsey, Mendez Gomas [if fit] Thomason and Morley is decent maybe room for a Enforcer which we lack Our back line again can be the best in the division if they play as defenders and not the tippy tappy shite we have seen these last few seasons.
George Johnston was a big miss this season and for me would start next season as Captain.

The team is all under contract for next season and is pretty strong now as it stands.

The three teams that came down will challenge, perhaps Wrexham but the rest of the league is very poor
Wigan, Reading more cost cutting.....Lincoln without Taylors goals and i think Erahon will be linked with plenty of clubs over the Summer not as strong.. Charlton serial underperformers who dont know how to use May right. The rest of the league is bang average.
I think Birmingham and maybe one of the other two who came down will finish above you.

Such a shame you can't get out of this 'bang average' league

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
I can see Huddersfield's front two of Healey & Radulovic being one to watch. They paid £3.2m for the pair in January.

Healey bagged 11 in 18 last time he was at this level, with MK Dons.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
I can see Huddersfield's front two of Healey & Radulovic being one to watch. They paid £3.2m for the pair in January.

Healey bagged 11 in 18 last time he was at this level, with MK Dons.
That's a lot of £249 season tickets to pay for that..

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Cannot blame either Collins or Charles yesterday.....They simply got no service
Not taking anything away from Oxford yes they worked us out but that was the worst performance since Stoke in 2012.

Sold over 15k season tickets for next season but the club needs this one step back to go two forward

And sorry to say Evatt wont be part of it
Collins is a proper streaky player. He scores a bunch of goals then nothing for weeks/months

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
I think Birmingham and maybe one of the other two who came down will finish above you.

Birmingham are the bookies fav and at present i have them and Huddersfield above us

Millerbri

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
I don't see how any accurate predictions can be made until late July.

Birmingham don't even know who their manager will be.
Of course they will start as favourites but they will have to cope with being the team everyone wants to beat, not easy to cope with as has been seen by a procession of "big clubs" in this league.

Huddersfield have to re-evaluate with a new manager who will have to get rid of some of last season's squad and try and improve the overall quality of the squad.

We have a new manager who needs at least 8-10 new signings and we also have to replace our best player who has moved on to hopefully better things at Stoke.

Barnsley need a new manager again and will lose some (on paper at least) decent players.

Bolton might part company with Evatt who, given his more than decent budget ,has failed to deliver.
A new manager might improve them, but equally could destroy any good work that's been achieved.

Charlton now have a decent manager and if he is backed, I would expect them to be challenging but who knows at this point.

Of course there are several other clubs who will be fancied to do well so it could be an open season.

Bookies are currently running the odds on the size of the clubs but will alter once the squads are known, hopefully we can compete for the top 6 but there's a lot of work to be done by SE to convince me.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton

Of course they will start as favourites but they will have to cope with being the team everyone wants to beat, not easy to cope with as has been seen by a procession of "big clubs" in this league.

Huddersfield have to re-evaluate with a new manager who will have to get rid of some of last season's squad and try and improve the overall quality of the squad.

We have a new manager who needs at least 8-10 new signings and we also have to replace our best player who has moved on to hopefully better things at Stoke.

Barnsley need a new manager again and will lose some (on paper at least) decent players.

Bolton might part company with Evatt who, given his more than decent budget ,has failed to deliver.
A new manager might improve them, but equally could destroy any good work that's been achieved.

Charlton now have a decent manager and if he is backed, I would expect them to be challenging but who knows at this point.

Of course there are several other clubs who will be fancied to do well so it could be an open season.

Bookies are currently running the odds on the size of the clubs but will alter once the squads are known, hopefully we can compete for the top 6 but there's a lot of work to be done by SE to convince me.
It wont be a easy watch next season for Rotherham but you will be right in the mix
Evans will have you up for every game shithousing at its finest

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton

I could put up our statistics since the 70s Promotions, League Winners, League cup Final, Efl cup winners, Play off winners, Fa cup Semi -finals European football, All four Divisions of the league.......Then you have Exeter 90 Seasons of league three and four football

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton

Fair enough, can’t argue with that. Just a gut feeling is all.

Would disagree about us and May though, to an extent. He was the league’s top scorer in a truly dreadful side.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Fair enough, can’t argue with that. Just a gut feeling is all.

Would disagree about us and May though, to an extent. He was the league’s top scorer in a truly dreadful side.
May is quality but back when you was playing us he got pelters from your support for being lazy.....the guy is class

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town

Spot on.

Last edited:

geg1992

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich Town
Watched the match yesterday as still keeping an eye on league one after our recent time there.

Bolton looked terrible. Really shocked me after reading so much praise about them pre-match.

Perfect tactics from Oxford and looked the much better side. Delighted that Edwards and Leigh got another promotion. 2 top players.

I can't see anything beyond Birmingham winning the league next season, but who knows. This league is certainly not easy. They will be the biggest club in the league and a lot of teams will step up when playing them.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Watched the match yesterday as still keeping an eye on league one after our recent time there.

Bolton looked terrible. Really shocked me after reading so much praise about them pre-match.

Perfect tactics from Oxford and looked the much better side. Delighted that Edwards and Leigh got another promotion. 2 top players.

I can't see anything beyond Birmingham winning the league next season, but who knows. This league is certainly not easy. They will be the biggest club in the league and a lot of teams will step up when playing them.
Agree on most of what you say. No complaints the better team won on the day
We simply got out thought then out fought

Andy Butler

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe
I could put up our statistics since the 70s Promotions, League Winners, League cup Final, Efl cup winners, Play off winners, Fa cup Semi -finals European football, All four Divisions of the league.......Then you have Exeter 90 Seasons of league three and four football

Exeter are known in Brazil. Bolton aren't unfortunately

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bericocho
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!
4K UK IPTV