24 August fixtures

YEO YEO YEO

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
I don't think today was a 4-1 game, however we exploited Mansfield's weaknesses and they struggled.

Very even first half, end to end stuff. Mansfield tried but we defended very well. Before our goal, we did have the better chances.

Always rated Pym but can understand why he doesn't play higher with his height. 2-0 before half time was a suckered punch.

Fully expected a Mansfield onslaught 2nd half, but completely the opposite. Quickly 4-0 and from there turned into a pre season game.

Was quite amusing for ten minutes straight afterwards as certain Mansfield fans were getting wound up by the Lincoln fans and responding. They needed to understand that if they didn't respond, they wouldn't get the abuse. Pretty simple really.

Fair play to Mansfield, kept going to the end and scored. Fair enough to majority of their fans who stayed to clap their team off at the end.

I feared the worst today, but felt we nullified Mansfields attack well. Bayliss looks a great player for us. Mansfield defo offered more than Barnsley last week, once they back to full fitness at the back, they should be ok.

Moomin

Reaction score
Supports
ECFC
A real kick in the teeth today. We created plenty in the first half and gave away two poor goals. Second half Peterborough were much better but overall I felt a draw would have been a fair result.

Ref was dreadful giving some shocking decisions both ways. Nice easy trip to Bolton next.

Plenty to be positive about but we are much more open than last season so could be some high scoring games.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
All 3 goals today in our game came from glaring errors, with both keepers over playing in wet conditions as well as Jordan Brown over playing a pass for Birminghams second.

Overall neither keeper had much to do, second half we pressed well and had a few chances but we're just not clinical enough in front of goal, Birmingham calmed down in the second half after a bit of a ropey first half at the back for them.

Birmingham in the final third a big threat all game, but really, really IMO overplayed at the back alot and we had them on the backfoot on a number of occasions - I can see stronger more potent teams than ourselves getting alot of joy against them. If they learn when and when not to play out, they'll go up with the attacking players they have alone.

Bolton, Charlton & Birmingham as our first three games, deserved something from all 3 games but ultimately we don't have the quality attacking players those 3 clubs have to ensure we might get a point at least. Instead its 3 very narrow defeats.

Our loan goal keeper Zach Hemming is under pressure now, he's made 2 shocking errors in both of our home games already.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
I don't think today was a 4-1 game, however we exploited Mansfield's weaknesses and they struggled.

Very even first half, end to end stuff. Mansfield tried but we defended very well. Before our goal, we did have the better chances.

Always rated Pym but can understand why he doesn't play higher with his height. 2-0 before half time was a suckered punch.

Fully expected a Mansfield onslaught 2nd half, but completely the opposite. Quickly 4-0 and from there turned into a pre season game.

Was quite amusing for ten minutes straight afterwards as certain Mansfield fans were getting wound up by the Lincoln fans and responding. They needed to understand that if they didn't respond, they wouldn't get the abuse. Pretty simple really.

Fair play to Mansfield, kept going to the end and scored. Fair enough to majority of their fans who stayed to clap their team off at the end.

I feared the worst today, but felt we nullified Mansfields attack well. Bayliss looks a great player for us. Mansfield defo offered more than Barnsley last week, once they back to full fitness at the back, they should be ok.

A Lincoln fan that looked like he was from the Goonies had tears in his eyes after getting a bollocking from a Steward, it was amusing watching a small amount of both set of fans getting incredibly frustrated with each other in the second half - better than the game from my view.

I agree with everything in relation to the game, and to be fair you probably couldn’t see the Lincoln fans losing their nogging too :lol:

YEO YEO YEO

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
A Lincoln fan that looked like he was from the Goonies had tears in his eyes after getting a bollocking from a Steward, it was amusing watching a small amount of both set of fans getting incredibly frustrated with each other in the second half - better than the game from my view.

I agree with everything in relation to the game, and to be fair you probably couldn’t see the Lincoln fans losing their nogging too :lol:
Game could easily have ended 7-3.

Nice to see a home win over Mansfield, no idea when that last happened, always felt you came here and beat us.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Game could easily have ended 7-3.

Nice to see a home win over Mansfield, no idea when that last happened, always felt you came here and beat us.

With how we are currently setting up always the danger we may ship three or four like the last two games. We just need to get some players back and probably signing one or two.

For me the difference particularly in the first half was how good you defended, and obviously Pym having a mare, we played it around really well but you kept us out very well. Hopefully that’s his howlers out the way for now.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Didn't go to Wigan today and with those stats I'm bloody glad I didn't. 72% possession 14 shots to 2 in our favour. If I'd been there, I think I'd be searching for a cat to kick.

Wigan still haven't scored this season!

Casey

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Cloughs negligence over the summer to resolve the glaringly obvious issue of pace has shown him up against burton and lincoln, where we’ve shipped 7 goals.

What’s made it even more obvious is technically neither burton or lincoln were any better than us, they just had this thing called PACE.

I was impressed with lincoln defensively with how they played, helped by our aversion to taking shots at goal which you kinda need to do to score and win games.

I said before the season started, an early season thrashing could do us long run and highlight blind spots before the transfer window, and boy today did that in spades.

Last edited:

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
Wasn’t at todays game but heard it was a low key affair.
Well with a defender in charge now at Blackpool he’s always going to focus on keeping it tight at the back, and the clean sheet. :whistle:

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
What a mental game. Our defending is nothing short of comical, school boy stuff. Going forward we’re not too bad.

How’s Masi? EIEIEIO.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
A side who are happy to control the game without possession vs a side who want to control the game with possession.

I didn't think we were at our best today but that was a bit more in keeping with how we were in the second half of last season with a bit more balance in the side (until we withdrew McGrandles and Jefferies). We funnelled Mansfield into central areas where there were three CM's and three CB's and crowded them out. I think Wickens only made one save despite all their possession (mainly in the middle and their defensive third) and we defended well and broke forward when we could do.

What the Mansfield player was doing giving that FK away near the corner flag right on HT is anyone's guess, that killed the game for them and of course the two early second half goals added to it. Despite not seeing too much of the ball we actually created a fair few chances over the 90 minutes but we do need to create a little more in open play. I did fear for them when the fourth went in because last season we went 5-0/6-0 against Cambridge and Shrewsbury but we sat of.

Mansfield obviously have injuries and are putting square pegs in round holes and when they come back they'll be stronger. You can see what they're trying to do but at this level they did seem to lack athleticism, height and pace in the side. Zero pace in behind to worry about, a bit tippy tappy and nice triangles without really going anywhere and absolutely stinking in transitions, so slow in their recovery runs, I can see why Burton probably caused them issues last week and if they continue with that then some of the top L1 sides will hand out some spankings I think. They'll be fine, though, they just need a bit of intention in their play and not just play to bump their passing stats up.

As for us, the return of McGrandles in midfield was a huge help and all of a sudden Erhahon can do what he does best and dictate play, not having to cover the full width of the pitch. Duffy out the firing line was the correct call as well, Jeffries isn't a LWB either but did a better job. We still need a bit more pace in the side, if we played that game last season with Taylor up front we'd have got 6 or 7 today.

Makama and Draper, two Academy lads, leading the line for a bit today and with Roughan at the back as well.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Again agree with pretty much all of that barring the playing just to bump the passing stats up, we are scoring goals. Lincoln basically set up to defend deep and counter us, which was obviously very smart from their gaffer but also shows the respect he had for us considering you are at home against a newly promoted side. You defended very well.

Definitely agree regarding our lack of athleticism and pace that was one of our only weak points last season, it needs improving, we haven’t gone and spent crazy and now with the promotion we are back to being ‘under progress’ it’ll take a few windows to rectify these issues that will be more apparent with the step up.

Last edited:

Hudders

Reaction score
Supports
Huddersfield
Bit lucky today, Shrewsbury missed a couple of good chances and weren’t that bad, got quality but need a couple more if we fancy top two.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Again agree with pretty much all of that barring the playing just to bump the passing stats up, we are scoring goals. Lincoln basically set up to defend deep and counter us, which was obviously very smart from their gaffer but also shows the respect he had for us considering you are at home against a newly promoted side. You defended very well.

Definitely agree regarding our lack of athleticism and pace that was one of our only weak points last season, it needs improving, we haven’t gone and spent crazy and now with the promotion we are back to being ‘under progress’ it’ll take a few windows to rectify these issues that will be more apparent with the step up.
That's generally how we've set up for the last three years tbf, we've been a really well coached side out of possession since Appleton left (who ironically enough for two of his three seasons had us playing in a similar way to how Clough had you playing today), we're not really a possession side more of a transition one who like to draw teams in and hit them.

On a couple of other notes, I had no idea Aaron Lewis was still with you guys. He looks completely different with his moustache and mullet! Also, how are the new facilities in the away end? They only opened this season, no-one actually knows whether it's all outside or a concourse area in the new building at the back of the away end.

Pilot_Phonic

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
A comfortable 3-0 home win against Reading. They had all the ball, and didn't break us down. Similar to Bolton last weekend, nice and tight at the back.

We exploited their weaknesses well, getting on the counter with a bit of space and pace, and it cost them, both coming down our right hand side.

2-0 at half time, is always a dangerous scoreline, like we found out against Wycombe, but in all honesty, their diving theatrics cost them as we got the ball back and smashed home a 20 yarder in the bottom corner. Then it was game over.

Onto Posh next week where I fear our first defeat will come. We never do well down London Road. Last time I went when we played them in the league, our keeper broke his arm, went 1-0 up and in the end, we lost 6-1.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
That's generally how we've set up for the last three years tbf, we've been a really well coached side out of possession since Appleton left (who ironically enough for two of his three seasons had us playing in a similar way to how Clough had you playing today), we're not really a possession side more of a transition one who like to draw teams in and hit them.

On a couple of other notes, I had no idea Aaron Lewis was still with you guys. He looks completely different with his moustache and mullet! Also, how are the new facilities in the away end? They only opened this season, no-one actually knows whether it's all outside or a concourse area in the new building at the back of the away end.

Aaron Lewis only been here a season, had a really good year at Newport at left back but only ever plays in midfield for us.

The concourse was just uneven tarmac slapped at the side of the stand in the open, the bogs were underneath the stand and looked brand new. The one sided exit reminds me of Salford, not a great stand is it.

Last edited:

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
Going to predict that Bolton will be nowhere near it next season.

Plenty of sides will be looking to be up there next season and failing in two successive play-off campaigns is brutal.

Told you.

Fucking pony. Mid table at best, couldn’t live with us.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Aaron Lewis only been here a season, had a really good year at Newport at left back but only ever plays in midfield for us.

The concourse was just uneven tarmac slapped at the side of the stand in the open, the bogs were underneath the stand and looked brand new. The one sided exit reminds me of Salford, not a great stand is it.

They were still decent though, like the bar, was a good set up, much better than the facilities we offer currently for away fans - though of course given the lack of space between the stand and the road it’s limited in what we can offer

@lincoln fans - There ever any plans to do anything opposite your main stand /to the left of the away end, you could easily get another few thousand in there.

Last edited:

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
They were still decent though, like the bar, was a good set up, much better than the facilities we offer currently for away fans - though of course given the lack of space between the stand and the road it’s limited in what we can offer

Yeah that’s true in terms of concourse, not as good in terms of the actual seated area which is what I was thinking, I never use the concourse in the ground I went to the outdoor bar other side of the stadium before the game which is decent.

Any fans coming to Mansfield this season should go to the marquee/fanzone before the match if at the stadium and go through the turnstiles nearer kick off.

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
Charlton away.....Always do well there Saturday will be no Different.
I expect a draw in a close game to keep the unbeaten run going

How did that go? :lol:

Worst team we’ve played so far. Even thought you were clever by making us swap ends.

Last edited:

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
How did that go? :lol:

Worst team we’ve played so far. Even thought you were clever by making us swap ends.
Nice of you to get a Victory, i thought you was also poor
Long time until May see how that pans out, maybe long run you will have done us a favour today

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
It was a pretty low key affair yesterday vs Bristol Rovers. Got the goals at key times, I thought the general play was fairly even but a common theme of our opening three league games is opponents who just don't have the punch up top. We can play much better than that and hopefully will when we start getting some players back. Norwood was excellent in midfield.

Master D

Reaction score
Supports
The Natural Order
It was a pretty low key affair yesterday vs Bristol Rovers. Got the goals at key times, I thought the general play was fairly even but a common theme of our opening three league games is opponents who just don't have the punch up top. We can play much better than that and hopefully will when we start getting some players back. Norwood was excellent in midfield.
Same with us, not yet seen a striker that worried us. Early days but our lot have upped their levels to match this league. Parky's power play still works at this level, second goal was a good passing move and then cross in and a classic bombard the goal until it goes in.

Posh away next week will be a different story I suspect, they always seem to have top attacking players.

YEO YEO YEO

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City

@lincoln fans - There ever any plans to do anything opposite your main stand /to the left of the away end, you could easily get another few thousand in there.
Where did you Mansfield fans go pre game? I was busy directing Mansfield fans to either Spoons on the Brayford or Stack on the train in.

There were plans to increase the stand you were in yesterday, but Covid/ increase in costs etc meant it wasn't viable at the moment. Instead they've added the bit to the back which is for the foundation and work in the community.

I don't think they'll ever do anything to the mismatch of stands on the far side. To be fair, capacity wise, it'd about the right size. That's two sell outs pretty much in the home ends so far, with around 8,000 home fans. Throughout rest of the season we'll be between 7,000-8,500 home fans (depending on opposition/ midweek etc). However if we remain up there throughout, it'll encourage others to come. If demand is there, they open up half the stand you were in to home fans.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Same with us, not yet seen a striker that worried us. Early days but our lot have upped their levels to match this league. Parky's power play still works at this level, second goal was a good passing move and then cross in and a classic bombard the goal until it goes in.

Posh away next week will be a different story I suspect, they always seem to have top attacking players.
Seems a more tactical league so far. Teams go 1-0 down against us yet still just continue to try and be tidy and don't over commit.

I can imagine it's harder to wrestle back control of a game that you're behind in though. I think this league will have it's surprises and challenges to come.

Master D

Reaction score
Supports
The Natural Order
Seems a more tactical league so far. Teams go 1-0 down against us yet still just continue to try and be tidy and don't over commit.

I can imagine it's harder to wrestle back control of a game that you're behind in though. I think this league will have its surprises and challenges to come.
Yep teams continue to play and don't really get desperate, they seem to stick to what they are told to do. Players don't seem as emotional up here either, no reckless stuff going on. Can definitely notice the difference between levels.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
You are a moron Mesi, sick of idiots like you supporting my club, fuck off >>>>
Here we go, another keyboard warrior............What is exactly your problem???

I said todays Victory may do us a favour.........If it means Evatt gone and Santos playing in a back four that defends and gets it more direct like any normal lge1 defender.

I have not defended Evatt since Wigan/Carlisle last November

Try and read what i am saying

Last edited:

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
What a mental game. Our defending is nothing short of comical, school boy stuff. Going forward we’re not too bad.

How’s Masi? EIEIEIO.
Seems another who likes to gloat..........Enjoy the day

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
incanndescent

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!