Bank Holiday Monday Match Thread

MTFC_07

Reaction score
Supports
Macclesfield Town
If I was a Cheltenham fan, I would be getting very worried now. The difference between FGR and Cheltenham is that if Cheltenham fail to go up this year, they will struggle to go back up again for years, whereas if FGR fail to go up, they are in the fortunate position that they would most likely start the National League season again next year with the largest budget as usual.

Reginald Fodstain

Not Scouse
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Decent day out, that. If Norwood could finish, he'd be playing in a much higher league than this... Deserved win, though Kiddy improved a bit second half.

Highlight of the game was all four of Kiddy's ultras being arrested one after the other. Can't believe their stupidity - between them, those four must only have a few less brain cells than the entire stand full of Tranmere fans they picked a fight with :ffs:

Pablosammy

Soowhyarmy
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
That was my first trip to Kiddy, and I'll be gutted that they're going down. Great little ground, fantastic food, and nice people (don't worry, we don't judge based on the actions of those few buffoons to our left!).

Dire game, but we deserved the win despite never really waking up.

Mr Scooty

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Well that was quite enjoyable.

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Thank you very much Wrexham, you wonderful people, you have made my weekend...now all we need is our fishy friends from the east coast to complete their part of the bargain on Friday night.

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Thank you very much Wrexham, you wonderful people, you have made my weekend...now all we need is our fishy friends from the east coast to complete their part of the bargain on Friday night.

Don't thank us too much until after we've played ;)

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Entertaining game tonight, best I've seen on BT Sport all season. Gutted we didn't win but such is life.

I still don't get Johnson's fascination with Jordan Cranston, he's not a patch on George McLennan. With Asa Hall going off injured we simply have to go 352 on Friday night. Strength at the back, width through Barthram and McLennan and Munns, Pell and Stoz in the middle. A point on Friday is enough to keep us top regardless of FGR-Wrexham on Saturday.

It's still in our hands, but we really are making very hard work of this promotion lark.

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Gainsborough 1-1 Alfreton (Picton 64, Dan Bradley pen 90+5)

We were fucking dog shit today. No interest or will in the team whatsoever. The most undeserved point in history.

Story of missed chances from both sides in the first half. Matt Duke once again the hero and rightly MOTM as he denied Jarman and Williams in the first half. Dan Bradley had an excellent chance for us but saw his shot palmed to Todd Jordan who chip was tipped round for a corner. From the resulting corner Tom Allan had a free header and failed to even work the keeper.

Gainsborough were much the better side second half. Picton finally sweeping home unmarked in the box after a period of sustained Gainsborough pressure.

The penalty incident really summed us up. Poor throw from Heaton towards Nyoni who sold Heaton short in return who then somehow got the ball back to Nyoni with his back to goal in the box. Then in came Jonathan D`Laryea with a brainless challenge from behind - penalty.

Dan Bradley took and scored. Feel sorry for Gainsborough. We deserved the square of nothing but somehow remain unbeaten away in 2016.

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN
Some questions for Guisly Steve. What's this we're hearing about Guisly expecting relegation due to not meeting the ground improvements / why is there only one comment made post match today on your forum after that cracker of a game / are you and AdamBrid the only fans Guisly have / what is the point of you really? :dk:

Tom Fgr

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Why are Cheltenham doing this! Everyone moans about FGR, we are used to it!

Cheltenham making hard work of it, something tells me this will go down to the wire!

If Grimsby win on Friday, I promise to buy the gtfc fans on here a pint.

Come on you fish

GuiseleySteve

Reaction score
Supports
Guiseley AFC
Some questions for Guisly Steve. What's this we're hearing about Guisly expecting relegation due to not meeting the ground improvements / why is there only one comment made post match today on your forum after that cracker of a game / are you and AdamBrid the only fans Guisly have / what is the point of you really? :dk:
All work completed, just a last bit of painting and tidying up to do over the next couple of days.
I'm guessing the rest of our forum are as shell shocked as i am this evening, that was a crazy but fantastic game. Gutted we couldn't see out a win - twice! You would have thought we'd have learned after the first equalizer.
Such is life.
At least our fans don't dive straight on our forum and have a melt down after every disappointment like some others I've read, i mean really how does that help?

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN
This is the thing though isn't it. They don't dive on the forum ever, at all, whether you've won lost or drawn. The real club forums go into meltdown at least twice a week. Wrexham's is never out of meltdown mode. Chester and Grimsby are always good for a laugh. Even ours has been known to go pop once in a while
:ds:

SomeMightShay

Reaction score
Supports
FC Halifax Town
Twitter
@SomeMightShay
I hope for Halifax sake they get their injured and suspended players back because although they battled until the end they couldn't cope with a team of nearly all 6 foot plus players. 1 goal each from Jordan Williams. Cook, Walker and Thomo. !st time we have won back to back games in the league all season.
Whilst Barrow were undoubtedly worthy winners, the 4-1 score did flatter with the last goal coming as we stupidly thought that our consolidation could push the game if we chased it, and i will be very surprised if replays don't show an offside of a good few yards. The first goal came after a period of play where we matching you but we switched off straight after Walker's injury. That being said i think we only had two shots on target all game.
Losing 2 of 5 defenders that have been every present for a long time now put us in an uphill battle from the start and then to lose our makeshift left back sent the play book flying out of the window. We simply don't have the physicality in our side to cope with sides like Barrow (i dread to think what the games between them and FGR are like) and should have tried to play it on the beach more, instead we tried to rush it out and go high more times than needed. Unless he was carrying a knock, Burrow's omission was strange after he had just discovered some goalscoring form.
On the plus side results have on the whole gone our way this weekend and if they do so again then on saturday, our defeat at Dover might not be too devastating and we can go in the b-wood game with destiny still in our own hands.

Oh and i discovered that if you actually ask for king saver items at service station burger king outlets they will serve you them. So shocked that i got a double chllii cheeseburger for £1.29 i had to have another :)

do Barrow fans normally stand in utter silence until a goal is scored? Haven't known a quieter home support than that for a long time. Just like when we play our home games with just the main stand open and the collective OAP misery sucks the joy out of everyone.

Back in the DHSS

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Tranmere were awful today and the fact we beat Kiddy 2-0 tells its own story about the Harrier's plight, great result for us though and yes the highlight of the game was the 3-4 Turks making complete cocks of themselves.
Kidderminsters pies are superb, surprised Kiddy haven't been able to tempt the likes of McNulty, GTF, Rhead and other fatties like Parkin to the club, the pies are that good.

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
Tranmere were awful today and the fact we beat Kiddy 2-0 tells its own story about the Harrier's plight, great result for us though and yes the highlight of the game was the 3-4 Turks making complete cocks of themselves.
Kidderminsters pies are superb, surprised Kiddy haven't been able to tempt the likes of McNulty, GTF, Rhead and other fatties like Parkin to the club, the pies are that good.

It's a failing tactic of trying to distract them. Maybe the conference North strikers like Perry might go for them.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Why are Cheltenham doing this! Everyone moans about FGR, we are used to it!

Yep dirty cheating FGR etc...yawn

Only one bad tackle in the game, and it was from them. Our discipline is fine, I'm more worried about our inability to string 2 decent halves of football together. At least Guthrie and Kelly showed they deserved a start. Top players, especially Kells.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
Whilst Barrow were undoubtedly worthy winners, the 4-1 score did flatter with the last goal coming as we stupidly thought that our consolidation could push the game if we chased it, and i will be very surprised if replays don't show an offside of a good few yards. The first goal came after a period of play where we matching you but we switched off straight after Walker's injury. That being said i think we only had two shots on target all game.
Losing 2 of 5 defenders that have been every present for a long time now put us in an uphill battle from the start and then to lose our makeshift left back sent the play book flying out of the window. We simply don't have the physicality in our side to cope with sides like Barrow (i dread to think what the games between them and FGR are like) and should have tried to play it on the beach more, instead we tried to rush it out and go high more times than needed. Unless he was carrying a knock, Burrow's omission was strange after he had just discovered some goalscoring form.
On the plus side results have on the whole gone our way this weekend and if they do so again then on saturday, our defeat at Dover might not be too devastating and we can go in the b-wood game with destiny still in our own hands.

Oh and i discovered that if you actually ask for king saver items at service station burger king outlets they will serve you them. So shocked that i got a double chllii cheeseburger for £1.29 i had to have another :)

do Barrow fans normally stand in utter silence until a goal is scored? Haven't known a quieter home support than that for a long time. Just like when we play our home games with just the main stand open and the collective OAP misery sucks the joy out of everyone.

Some of this is a bit surprising, because to us it was the easiest game of the season after (a truly terrible) Torquay, and it felt like we probably should have had more. Barring one good stop from our keeper it never felt like Halifax offered anything.
Not sure what the physical part of Barrow's game was that you mention either? If you mean Cook, then that's just his battering ram style, but that aside there were a couple of good slide tackles and some surprisingly good on-the-deck football from us. Can't remember much physical play at all, although your 15-year-old winger did get muscled off it a fair bit.

And the atmosphere was killed by that bloody drum. It really didn't feel like the sort of game where the crowd needed to offer any sort of encouragement as it just seemed like second gear for a lot of it. A strange one for us, but also the fact that there was nothing riding on it for us probably detracted from it all a bit too.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Went to Wrexham vs Cheltenham today and I don't know whether I'm easily impressed or not but I believe I have just witnessed the best game in a ground for a long long time.

Wrexham dictated the first half and failed to build a lead greater than 1-0. As SiRobin mentions, Cranston had a horrible game, Wrexham's right hand side absolutely terrorised him in the first half and were able to get decent deliveries into the box. A stupid free kick to give away then led to Rhys Taylor (a notable flapper in his Crewe days) being lobbed by Dayton and Cheltenham were perhaps lucky to go in level. Second half Wrexham began to tire but defended well save for one Taylor mishap and Cheltenham couldn't find a way through. Wrexham then received a soft free kick of their own and Wes York bags in for what I would regard as a deserved 2-1 win over the 90 minutes. Great atmosphere at the Racecourse compared to last time I went when they played Alfreton last year and glad to see things are looking up for Wrexham after the previous two seasons.

Hope both these sides are in the Football League next season, two cracking awaydays and it's about time Wrexham got back in the league!

fifaking

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
It was an enjoyable game last night, a good atmosphere and Cheltenham fans in good voice.

I seem to have a different take on it last night. First half between when we went 1-0 up and it went 1-1 I thought we were brilliant and should have scored a couple more.
Will be having a look at Cheltenham goal again, at the time great strike but it seemed to go in slow motion and it looked like Taylor had dived way too early.

Second half it just seemed like endless hoofball. Everyone I've spoke to says we were much better second half, maybe defensively we were - back 3 of Hudson, Fyfield and Smith dealt with Holman and Wright very well.

Always nice to get a last minute winner though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sparrow

Reaction score
Supports
Woking FC
More Garry Gold from yesterday.

Most damningly though is when he says that he's being 'kept in the dark' about what's happening off the field. There's a surprise. You may have to pay a bit of money to get him, but there's a very good manager who might well just be fed up of the off-field farce at Woking come the summer.

redsoc

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham f.c.
It was an enjoyable game last night, a good atmosphere and Cheltenham fans in good voice.

I seem to have a different take on it last night. First half between when we went 1-0 up and it went 1-1 I thought we were brilliant and should have scored a couple more.
Will be having a look at Cheltenham goal again, at the time great strike but it seemed to go in slow motion and it looked like Taylor had dived way too early.

Second half it just seemed like endless hoofball. Everyone I've spoke to says we were much better second half, maybe defensively we were - back 3 of Hudson, Fyfield and Smith dealt with Holman and Wright very well.

I'm living abroad so I couldn't make it. Watching it on the computer it looked like Taylor took a couple of steps to the left before trying to dive back over to his right.

Master D

Reaction score
Supports
The Natural Order

Last 10 mins we were hanging on there and just clearing it anywhere, we mugged them a bit but saying that we could have been 3-0 up in the first half with Jennings and Newton chances. And they did the same to us in the game at their place remember so both games probably should have been draws. Holman looked a threat every time he had the ball, we need a top striker like him to make us into a real contender. It has to go down as a mistake by Taylor, but we know he's a proven quality keeper at this level. He has to be the no.1 priority in terms of signings in the summer.

fifaking

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Last 10 mins we were hanging on there and just clearing it anywhere, we mugged them a bit but saying that we could have been 3-0 up in the first half with Jennings and Newton chances. And they did the same to us in the game at their place remember so both games probably should have been draws. Holman looked a threat every time he had the ball, we need a top striker like him to make us into a real contender. It has to go down as a mistake by Taylor, but we know he's a proven quality keeper at this level. He has to be the no.1 priority in terms of signings in the summer.
Agreed, as good as Jackson is at always making something from nothing, he just doesn't look like that 20+ goal scorer.

If the current gap to the others stays as it is after FGR is out the way, I might just start to believe it's possible..

(to finish in the play-offs and then get battered by whoever finishes 2nd)

Last edited:

CTFCfan99

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham

For 15 minutes or so after your first goal you were all over us and should have been 2 or 3 up I thought. Dayton then scores a cracker (wouldn't put too much blame on the keeper, it was right in the top corner) and I thought the second half was pretty even with us looking the more likely winner in the last 10 minutes. But a silly free kick and not winning the header in our box for about the first time in the match has cost us in the end.

GlynTheMilk

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Twitter
@glynthemilk
(to finish in the play-offs and then get battered by whoever finishes 2nd)

The team scraping into fifth on goal difference on the last day of the season are bound to beat the team who have been nibbling at the top all season but finish second, some twenty points ahead of them. Them's the rules. It's our year. Tranmere in the final. Skirmishes in the Services. Mark Beck to score his first ever goal to win it in injury time. Marvellous scenes. Tell your grandkids about it.

It was a good win last night, but I'm not getting carried away.

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
I always felt we would get something out of last night's game. In many ways it was similar to the game at the Miles of Smiles stadium (or whatever) ...A pretty close game that the home team (I felt) just about shaded.

It's going to be a tough game at the New Lawn, and yet another must win. Luckily FGR are on their unstoppable momentum of scrambled draws so that gives me some hope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tbwomble
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!