Mon 23rd & Fri 27th & Sat 28th September

mightyshrimp

Reaction score
Supports
Morecambe
I will take that 2 games in a row coming back from 2 -0 down ,OK it wasn't pretty but a win is on the cards ,watch us scab 1 either against county or bradfud

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood
A thoroughly deserved point for the Shrimps. Fleetwood should have been out of sight by half time and have only themselves to blame for letting this slip. Morecambe's 4 subs at the start of the second half made a massive difference, Adam's subs had the opposite effect
Still an entertaining game and a good game to watch for the neutrals

RavenBish

Antihero
Reaction score
Supports
Shola Ameobi's Notts County
will be absolutely fuming if we lose to that Morecambe side

Grimsby Road

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Newport are worse than Morecambe on the showings this weekend. I reckon they'll be down there with the Shrimps and Accy.
We have a stretch of games were we play all the potentially perceived weaker teams in a row ; I would include us in those at this point aswell (Newport,Accy,Morecambe, Swindon , Crewe and Colchester) , our start has been tough on paper including that game against yourself ; but if we can get through the next 6 or 7 games above something like 15th we might have a chance of a relatively decent season IF we can capitalise on that string of games .

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
Utter shite that we attacked any players...check the footage, you won't find anything other than a few people running up and telling the Swindon losers a few home truths.

And as for missiles being thrown, all started from the away end, again if you can find any footage to say otherwise I'd love to see it, but of the various vlog and what not that I saw after the game, they all show bottles being rained down onto the pitch and then they were thrown back.

Swindon spun up a load of bollocks because they were embarrassed, they thought a home win in the first leg all but guaranteed them a place at Wembley.

Egbo, garner, mckirdy all lied. We ultimately got a 15k fine for the pitch invasion. There were legitimate failings from our point of view but there's not a chance we ONLY get fined 15k for streaming onto the pitch and attacking opposition players...because despite all the CCTV and multiple sky cameras pointed at the pitch, there wasn't any evidence of it.

For context we got fined more when one guy ran on the pitch to chase the ref last year, and he didn't get close to him.

We would be looking at huge fines, points deductions or at least being forced to play behind closed doors if there was evidence of a single Swindon player being physically attacked.

I really hate Swindon. They can fuck right off.

Just to pick up on this point Soz, in the same play off year when you beat us, a Forest fan was actually found guilty of assaulting Billy Sharp in the Championship equivalent. They were fined 50k so I don't think the punishments you suggested, aside from the huge fine would have happened. I think your fine for failing to control fans or whatever it was, was 15k.

I was at Vale Park that night, fun evening. Anyway, I'm fucking right off now.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Just to pick up on this point Soz, in the same play off year when you beat us, a Forest fan was actually found guilty of assaulting Billy Sharp in the Championship equivalent. They were fined 50k so I don't think the punishments you suggested, aside from the huge fine would have happened. I think your fine for failing to control fans or whatever it was, was 15k.

As I said from my point of view, Egbo, Garner, McKirdy, Johnny Williams, Conroy etc etc have all left, there is only Garrity and Hall likely to feature from our side (and Hall's been, gone and come back since) so don't see the point in dwelling on that side of it from either side.

The Swindon players/staff who were arrogant prior to that game play elsewhere so don't see the point it holding a grudge on Swindon, you could understand some of the fans arrogance when for example Johnny Williams is on Sky stating "We are on our way" etc so its done for me, 18-20 of the starting XI's on Saturday probably won't have a clue about that game!

Clear from the thread some think different to me still but seems pointless to me.

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV

That guy went to prison. According to Swindon fans players and executives there were multiple people attacking multiple players. One claimed he was punched to the floor by several fans.
There would not have been a slap on the wrist had that been true, unless we are to believe that the multiple sky cameras and CCTV somehow missed it.

for anyone sad enough to be interested outside of vale/Swindon, police tried to track down fans from both teams afterwards for throwing stuff and I think I'm right in saying a few from both sides got banning orders. But feel free to go and check the YouTube videos out to prove anything that vale fans have said wrong.

Literally a handful of people made a beeline for the away end, it was only after the bottles started raining down on the pitch that things turned nasty.

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
That guy went to prison. According to Swindon fans players and executives there were multiple people attacking multiple players. One claimed he was punched to the floor by several fans.
There would not have been a slap on the wrist had that been true, unless we are to believe that the multiple sky cameras and CCTV somehow missed it.

for anyone sad enough to be interested outside of vale/Swindon, police tried to track down fans from both teams afterwards for throwing stuff and I think I'm right in saying a few from both sides got banning orders. But feel free to go and check the YouTube videos out to prove anything that vale fans have said wrong.

Literally a handful of people made a beeline for the away end, it was only after the bottles started raining down on the pitch that things turned nasty.

That was my point. The Forest fan was found guilty of assault yet Forest basically got a slap on the wrist. I think some of their fine may have been suspended as well. So HAD anyone been found guilty at Vale Park, I'd expect you would have had the same/similar punishment rather than the points deduction/games behind closed doors etc that you alluded to.

TheEndIsNigh

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
will be absolutely fuming if we lose to that Morecambe side.

Its all set up for it. I didn’t see the second half, but Morecambe were woeful in the first. Two 2 goal comebacks means they must have something about them though.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Hope came on and gave them a focal point which helped, Fleetwood dropped off a they capitalised, they were very basic in how they played, similar to Stanley at the weekend it wasn't one for the purist but if that game went on a few minutes more they probably could of nicked it.

Fleetwood have done that implosion a couple of times haven't they.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Not really interested in that playoff game in all honesty. Some people unquestionably crossed the line that night. Frankly the two years since I don’t think either club is in a position to gloat etc given the shitshow it’s been on both counts. Barely any players left either from that night so it’s pointless mentioning it.

As for Saturday it’s a game where man for man we have to back ourselves to get three points. Still very inconsistent though. If Swindon are now a land of the giants type team we could really do with Heneghan back in at CB to counter that.

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
Not really interested in that playoff game in all honesty. Some people unquestionably crossed the line that night. Frankly the two years since I don’t think either club is in a position to gloat etc given the shitshow it’s been on both counts. Barely any players left either from that night so it’s pointless mentioning it.

As for Saturday it’s a game where man for man we have to back ourselves to get three points. Still very inconsistent though. If Swindon are now a land of the giants type team we could really do with Heneghan back in at CB to counter that.

I'm pretty much in the same camp as you to be honest, for whatever happened that night the fact of the matter is, we're about to take each other on, in the same crappy league.

We're not a complete land of giants side now to be fair, Gavin Kilkenny has come into midfield and he's a really tidy footballer who must be about 5ft 7. Danny Butterworth formerly of your parish will look to make us tick, and Sean McGurk who is coming back to fitness are the 3 'midgets' who are likely to be the creative spark. Tshimanga and Glatzel likely to be the forward line so not sure you need a giant at the back to counter those. Harry Smith is suspended so Drinan will be the option off the bench.

We've started the season poorly, our performance against Walsall one of the worst I've seen in quite some time. We walloped Newport but they seem to be a bit of a basket case. We're unbeaten in the league away from home with 3 draws. Ive pencilled this down as our first away defeat however.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I'm pretty much in the same camp as you to be honest, for whatever happened that night the fact of the matter is, we're about to take each other on, in the same crappy league.

We're not a complete land of giants side now to be fair, Gavin Kilkenny has come into midfield and he's a really tidy footballer who must be about 5ft 7. Danny Butterworth formerly of your parish will look to make us tick, and Sean McGurk who is coming back to fitness are the 3 'midgets' who are likely to be the creative spark. Tshimanga and Glatzel likely to be the forward line so not sure you need a giant at the back to counter those. Harry Smith is suspended so Drinan will be the option off the bench.

We've started the season poorly, our performance against Walsall one of the worst I've seen in quite some time. We walloped Newport but they seem to be a bit of a basket case. We're unbeaten in the league away from home with 3 draws. Ive pencilled this down as our first away defeat however.
I liked Butterworth, got a few goals from us and a wand of a left foot but couldn't really figure our his best position, arguably had his best performance playing wide left when we went to Plymouth who had won 10 in a row at home and he took them apart. One of those that can go missing and be lightweight but can produce a moment.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots

Fair enough re land of the giants. Wouldn’t have been against us signing Butters permanently after his release from Blackburn as overall he was one of the few of the myriad of loanees we had that season where you could see it with him. Unfortunately he’s also one of them who will always leave you wondering where his best spot is.

I will say we are rather flaky defensively and at some point in the game you will get a chance(s) often through our clumsiness if nothing else. One of those based on league position we will probably be bookies favourites but in L2 it doesn’t mean much as we found out at Accy last time out.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Fair enough re land of the giants. Wouldn’t have been against us signing Butters permanently after his release from Blackburn as overall he was one of the few of the myriad of loanees we had that season where you could see it with him. Unfortunately he’s also one of them who will always leave you wondering where his best spot is.

I will say we are rather flaky defensively and at some point in the game you will get a chance(s) often through our clumsiness if nothing else. One of those based on league position we will probably be bookies favourites but in L2 it doesn’t mean much as we found out at Accy last time out.
Our defence is odd. It is either dreadful or superb and no in between it feels, had the stinkers (Accrington/Barrow twice/Doncaster) then we've had ones where we've barely given a shot on target away Chesterfield, Salford twice, Tranmere.

Mad when you consider Accrington had barely scored and Chesterfield had scored a fair few so shows how inconsistent that side of us is.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

Yeah Butterworth looked OK in glimpses but he was always one that you'd earmark as a sub to come on, rather than a nailed on starter. A bit lightweight and would go missing but had some ability. Tshimanga is one that seems to have lost his way a bit, but he was one a lot of our fans wanted at various points. There's some talent in there.

For the record, I have no real hatred towards Swindon and clearly we are both back where we started 2 years ago with completely different teams. I just take exception to some of the lies that were spewed from that game, in which Dirk Diggler continues to spin.

For the game itself, it seems that the Swindon boss wants to play a possession based game, which will probably suit us better than the non league style of Accrington.

We can definitely score this season (7 in the last 3 games) but our defence is almost certainly the weakest area and liable to a blunder. Yet we've also had 3 clean sheets, which isn't bad. It depends what version of our defence turns up on the day. When they're switched on, the opposition barely have a shot.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Yeah Butterworth looked OK in glimpses but he was always one that you'd earmark as a sub to come on, rather than a nailed on starter. A bit lightweight and would go missing but had some ability.
You just Carry On being negative about him he will go and prove you wrong.

Marbles

Reaction score
Supports
Harrogate Town
It will hopefully be a repeat of last season between us and Bradford. Another 3-0 would do nicely. Don't think it will be that easy however.

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV
That was my point. The Forest fan was found guilty of assault yet Forest basically got a slap on the wrist. I think some of their fine may have been suspended as well. So HAD anyone been found guilty at Vale Park, I'd expect you would have had the same/similar punishment rather than the points deduction/games behind closed doors etc that you alluded to.
fine, not we're making different points, but no one was sent to prison for the alleged mass attack on multiple players. a £15k fine for us and a couple of banning orders each. I'm definitely not claiming we were innocent, we werent but what is clear from the videos was that the throwing came from the away end first. That and there's no video evidence of any of the alleged attacks on players despite all the cameras.

that needs pointing out when swindon fans try to claim the complete opposite and hope that no one goes and checks.

pontoonlew

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
We’ve not won 2 on the bounce for 65 games now, I’m not entirely sure that ridiculous run ends on Saturday either. We’re still contending with a horrid injury list that’s probably got worse with Vernam going off on Saturday and Green being suspended.

All that added to our tough set of starting fixtures you’d probably say we’ve had a decent enough start. It feels like sods law that when we finally play a side who haven’t had a great start, it’s when their new manager has his first home game.

With a few coming back and some kinder fixtures on their way I think we could get much better, but it’s unlikely to start on Saturday or away at Gillingham on Tues.

Cloudy

Reaction score
Supports
Borrusia
We’ve not won 2 on the bounce for 65 games now, I’m not entirely sure that ridiculous run ends on Saturday either. We’re still contending with a horrid injury list that’s probably got worse with Vernam going off on Saturday and Green being suspended.

All that added to our tough set of starting fixtures you’d probably say we’ve had a decent enough start. It feels like sods law that when we finally play a side who haven’t had a great start, it’s when their new manager has his first home game.

With a few coming back and some kinder fixtures on their way I think we could get much better, but it’s unlikely to start on Saturday or away at Gillingham on Tues.
Told Wright is injured, so young Seb Auton on the bench.
Who comes in for Vernam and Green? Ainley?Barrington?

pontoonlew

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Told Wright is injured, so young Seb Auton on the bench.
Who comes in for Vernam and Green? Ainley?Barrington?
I’ve a feeling Luker might be fit now but I can’t imagine he’ll start. Barrington certainly for Vernam, we look incredibly light in that area.

Cloudy

Reaction score
Supports
Borrusia
I’ve a feeling Luker might be fit now but I can’t imagine he’ll start. Barrington certainly for Vernam, we look incredibly light in that area.
Luker nor Obikwu not even training with us, up to today. Still at parent clubs

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC

After the much publicised Rodri stat that is the second craziest stat I've heard this season.

Consistently inconsistent

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
Harrogate away - a fixture I dread!

I can never secure a ticket because I don’t have enough Loyalty Points (shite allocation). Apparently, it’s a Yorkshire derby and it’s full of ex-City players. We have a shite record against them and we’re missing half a squad through injuries. Oh, and it’s on SKY - what could go wrong here then?

Good news: Lewis Richards and Jamie Walker are in contention to feature following their recent injuries.

Neill Bryne, Aden Baldwin and Antoni Sarcevic are a few more weeks away. Joe Adams - we don’t even know the full extent of his injuries yet. Cieran Kelly out for a while.

GK: Sam Walker

RB: Brad Halliday
CB: Chieke Diabate
CB: Jack Shepherd
LB: Lewis Richards

RW: Jamie Walker (if fit)
CM: Ritchie Smallwood
CM: Alex Pattison
LW: Tyreik Wright

ST: Andy Cook
ST: Olly Sanderson

Despite our record and injuries, we really need to be winning these encounters.

3-1 City 2,000 City (1,000 City in home end as per).

pontoonlew

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Charles Vernam out for 4 months, another long term injury to a growing list of ridiculous luck.

Vernam, Thompson, Tharme & Davies are all starters for us and have all had long term injuries. I’ve seen us have some bad luck before, but never like this.

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Charles Vernam out for 4 months, another long term injury to a growing list of ridiculous luck.

Vernam, Thompson, Tharme & Davies are all starters for us and have all had long term injuries. I’ve seen us have some bad luck before, but never like this.
Vernam is always injured you should have known better

RavenBish

Antihero
Reaction score
Supports
Shola Ameobi's Notts County
Rumour going round these parts that Jodi Jones is out for a few months with the ankle injury he picked up against Gills, so that’s certainly not good…

Probably the one area of the pitch we’re really light in too. Tsaroulla and Gordon are decent but nothing beyond them other than Austin who is garbage in that position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leomary2000

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!