National League North 2024/25

Swedes

Reaction score
Supports
Southport
Utter dross from us today at Chorley. Conceded 4 goals all from set-pieces which we decided not to defend. When we did have the ball we were so slow with possession too. We've lost 3 on the bounce now and have conceded 10 goals when doing to. Any more of this an we're in trouble.

Bottega Don

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
Great win for us today, completely deserved victory. Should have been out of sight in the first half but we wasted a lot of chances. South Shields had most of the possession but very few chances. Another clean sheet for our defense.

Play poor and still don’t get beat is a good sign though, looks like you could be the real deal this year maybe?
By the way I know you think I have this obsessive hatred towards Scunny but I only started being like that after I first signed up to the other forum and Scunnymadandy was on at me taking the piss after every post which made me start to be like that, but I’ve actually nothing against Scunny except for being local of course so there will always be that rivalry and wanting you to lose but nothing more than that.
I feel that you lot have suffered enough now to be fair and wouldn’t mind you getting back up the ladder, as long as you don’t overtake us of course. ;)
We look pretty good so far but it's still early days and there only being 1 promotion spot make things really challenging.

Would be good if we could meet in the cup this year after the last two derbies were in front of no crowd, we'd have to win like 3 games though to even get to the 1st round though so isn't likely

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
Two contrasting games this weekend. Warrington it feels like we scored too early. Took the lead after 3 minutes then complacency set in and Warrington punished us. Poor performance.

But we bounced back in style. 4-0 win so comfortable with all players performing well.

Oxford City are in trouble judging by that, their keeper at fault for all 4 goals where he should've done better but they gave up the second they went 1-0 down.

Reaction score
Supports
Scunny United
Great day at South Shields today, wasteful in front of goal but we took the 3 points and it was easy to get a pint and some lovely food

On to Friday

Quakerz

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington FC
Well that was a weird first half so far, atrocious for 40 minutes and sublime for 7 minutes…….draw fair in regards to chances each had bit Darlo were so much better than curzon for large spells of the game but when we did click we created as many chances in the last 6-7 minutes as they had done in the previous 40.

We were so utterly negative today, Christ I thought we had re hired Lakeland to go back to everyone in own half stuff, I hate just mass keeping players back because it never works because no one takes responsibility for any runners and Darlo exposed this time and time and time again with our 7-8 players in and about box unable to mark someone runnning in or behind them.

Going forward Almost non existent so so utterly slow and plodding and players so desperate to get rid of ball to run back towards our half they numerous times gave away ball.

There is talent there and finally clicked in 40th minute when we create 4-6 great chances back to back but before then Darlo we’re better tactics worked and had a good 4-6 chances themselves.

Saving grace is still 0-0 and we may learn lessons that the ultra defensive b*llocks was just that……b*llocks
Watched the game on stream and I'd agree that the draw was a fair result overall. Only surprise was that neither team scored, it wasn't a tedious 0-0.

I disagree that Curzon were ultra defensive today, I just think in the first half we played very well and pegged you back, but once you got a foothold you looked a good side and caused a few problems.

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Monday August 26th 2024 National League North Results

Att. 826 - Buxton 1 Marine 2
Att. 2,321 - Chester 3 Scarborough Athletic 2
Att. 1,760 - Chorley 4 Southport 1
Att. 695 - Curzon Ashton 0 Darlington 0
Att. 3,017 - Hereford 3 Radcliffe 3
Att. 2,546 - Kidderminster Harriers 4 Oxford City 0
Att. 1,380 - Kings Lynn Town 1 Peterborough Sports 2
Att. 765 - Leamington 2 Rushall Olympic 1
Att. n/a - Needham Market 0 Alfreton Town 2
Att. 2,629 - South Shields 0 Scunthorpe United 2
Att. 1,281 - Spennymoor Town 2 Brackley Town 2
Att. 1,018 - Warrington Town 1 Farsley Celtic 2

Prodigal

Reaction score
Supports
Chorley
Very pleased to pick up the 3 points today, 4 goals all showing Southports frailty at set pieces, ended up a very comfortable win.

Kenneth Dodd

Reaction score
Supports
Chester
We have made our usual poor start to the season but although we’re are only on 7 points after five games and sit 15th in the table it’s the best start we have made in five years.
Buzzing after yesterdays thrilling game against a very good Scarborough side and to win it the way we did just put the icing on the cake, like everyone else injuries are playing a big part but the dept of our squad will hopefully help in the steady rise up the table.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
Watched the game on stream and I'd agree that the draw was a fair result overall. Only surprise was that neither team scored, it wasn't a tedious 0-0.

I disagree that Curzon were ultra defensive today, I just think in the first half we played very well and pegged you back, but once you got a foothold you looked a good side and caused a few problems.

I just find with curzon our best defensive work is done with the clipping heels, closing down doubling up stuff done in the other sides half, when we close quickly around fulls backs and midfielders early and swamp the other side before it can get forward, I felt first half we did what many many sides do when thumped the previous match……let’s just make sure we don’t conceed early next game. If you notice second half when we did this and pressed more into your half the chances reduced we defend much better this way although both completely cancelled each other out. Second half

But you look a good side it’s a tough game we usually lose at home to you I’d say both happy with a point gained, think your still a little unfinished product so need more time to click, I think the big issue for curzon is going to be the usual one, we have a lot of talent going forward but we still do not know how to fully use it as an attack rather than a counter attack.

Both sides will be fine but not sure if either challenging for anything other than 6th-7th

Last edited:

joethegill

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Competitive but low quality game yesterday between Buxton and Marine, don't expect either to be worrying the top end of the table come season's end. Credit to Marine, they came to win the game and were by far the better side first half and went in 2 up. Despite Buxton getting one back early in the 2nd half it never felt like they were going to get the second despite a lot of possession.

Having seen a good smattering of the league in the first month I'd rank the sides I've seen as follows:

Scarborough
Brackley
King's Lynn
Marine
Peterborough Sports
Buxton
Rushall

I've not seen many of the fancied sides yet, going to see Brackley again this weekend against Hereford which should be a good game, but looking forward to seeing Kiddy and Scunthorpe in the coming weeks.

Quakerz

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington FC
I just find with curzon our best defensive work is done with the clipping heels, closing down doubling up stuff done in the other sides half, when we close quickly around fulls backs and midfielders early and swamp the other side before it can get forward, I felt first half we did what many many sides do when thumped the previous match……let’s just make sure we don’t conceed early next game. If you notice second half when we did this and pressed more into your half the chances reduced we defend much better this way although both completely cancelled each other out. Second half

But you look a good side it’s a tough game we usually lose at home to you I’d say both happy with a point gained, think your still a little unfinished product so need more time to click, I think the big issue for curzon is going to be the usual one, we have a lot of talent going forward but we still do not know how to fully use it as an attack rather than a counter attack.

Both sides will be fine but not sure if either challenging for anything other than 6th-7th
Honestly, after last season, I'd be over the moon to be challenging seriously for 6th-7th.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
You had a lot of movement across the park players pushing the wide positions runners from midfield I can see it causing teams a lot of issues.

Finishing needs improved the game monday should have been wrapped up before we even got going but chances were being made.

You need more wins to get back that momentum from end of season but there seems more to you than last season so chance of progress.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Competitive but low quality game yesterday between Buxton and Marine, don't expect either to be worrying the top end of the table come season's end. Credit to Marine, they came to win the game and were by far the better side first half and went in 2 up. Despite Buxton getting one back early in the 2nd half it never felt like they were going to get the second despite a lot of possession.

Having seen a good smattering of the league in the first month I'd rank the sides I've seen as follows:

Scarborough
Brackley
King's Lynn
Marine
Peterborough Sports
Buxton
Rushall

I've not seen many of the fancied sides yet, going to see Brackley again this weekend against Hereford which should be a good game, but looking forward to seeing Kiddy and Scunthorpe in the coming weeks.

Scarbourgh in previous couple of seasons have been strong starters then for some reason drop off a cliff….don’t know why.

Got to give Farsley an enormous praise for their start I’d put them as a strong favourite for the drop start with 8 maybe 9 away games and already won 3 games.

joethegill

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Scarbourgh in previous couple of seasons have been strong starters then for some reason drop off a cliff….don’t know why.

Got to give Farsley an enormous praise for their start I’d put them as a strong favourite for the drop start with 8 maybe 9 away games and already won 3 games.
Enjoyed watching Scarborough to be fair, they've got some entertaining players and looked (on the day I saw them) to be proactive in wanting to score multiple goals. Reminded me of the Boston side from last season, although it's early days.

Brackley is one of my local NLN clubs and they're distinctly opposite in style - get 1 up and then grind it out. It's been effective to a point for them but obviously hasn't been quite enough to get them over the line in terms of promotion.

Bottega Don

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
Should be a really good game tonight with a good crowd

Don't think it will hit 5K but if it does then we're screwed, our record with a crowd over 5k in recent years is W1 D8 L6. We always bottle it with a bigger crowd

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
On my way to Scunthorpe. Still no reason given as to why the game is being played on a Friday.

I'd probably take a draw right now. Sound like we're going into the game with no fit strikers after injuries.

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
Should be a really good game tonight with a good crowd

Don't think it will hit 5K but if it does then we're screwed, our record with a crowd over 5k in recent years is W1 D8 L6. We always bottle it with a bigger crowd

Think the following from us will be reduced with the date change.

Bottega Don

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
Think the following from us will be reduced with the date change.
Yeah not a surprise long way to go on a friday night

Had to have been a footballing decision to move it to Friday night, so frustrating for the fans who get screwed by it

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Friday 30th August 2024 National League North Result

Att. 4,967 - Scunthorpe United 2 Kidderminster Harriers 0

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Won 2-1 away at Rushall it sounds harsh and a little arrogant but for me a match we had to win they look a good bet for drop and if we want top 7 you got to take Points here.

Can go top on Tuesday if we beat Scunthorpe 5-0

Bottega Don

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
Won 2-1 away at Rushall it sounds harsh and a little arrogant but for me a match we had to win they look a good bet for drop and if we want top 7 you got to take Points here.

Can go top on Tuesday if we beat Scunthorpe 5-0
We can't seem to beat you so wouldn't be shocked but would be another 1-0 like both games last year

We've somehow managed to get two 1st vs 2nd back to back

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
We do not look as strong at the back or as stable as last season so far but the front 3 on paper can all be extremely dangerous it just hasn’t fully clicked yet.

I still say as mentioned Monday we defend so much better when we push on the other side and close down in their half, but our attack is suited to the counter so we have to let other side come at us then break.

joethegill

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Total smash and grab from Hereford at Brackley today. First half was pretty much one way traffic before Hereford opened the scoring very much against the run of play. Brackley equalised just a couple of minutes later to leave it level at the break. Second half was a bit of a dull event but a lot of the play was in the Hereford half before a couple of late openings - one clear chance that was saved by the Brackley keeper 1 v 1, and then the winner deep into injury time on the break. Still, a wins a win!

Swedes

Reaction score
Supports
Southport
Buxton would win the league if points were awarded for passes back to the goalkeeper and for retaining possession in your own half. We won 3-2, we had 4 shots they had 2. Ultimately we did more with the ball than they did. For a supposedly full-time outfit they looked a joke.

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Saturday 31st August 2024 National League North Results

Att. 388 - Alfreton Town 2 Farsley Celtic 1
Att. 1,014 - Brackley Town 1 Hereford 2
Att. 1,804 - Chester 3 Peterborough Sports 0
Att. 1,872 - Darlington 1 Spennymoor Town 0
Att. 1,192 - Marine 0 Leamington 0
Att. n/a - Oxford City 2 Chorley 2
Att. 1,152 - Radcliffe 1 Kings Lynn Town 2
Att. n/a - Rushall Olympic 1 Curzon Ashton 2
Att. 1,723 - Scarborough Athletic 1 South Shields 2
Att. 1,257 - Southport 3 Buxton 2
Att. 839 - Warrington Town 1 Needham Market 2

Bluandwite

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Saturday 31st August 2024 National League North Results

Att. 388 - Alfreton Town 2 Farsley Celtic 1
Att. 1,014 - Brackley Town 1 Hereford 2
Att. 1,804 - Chester 3 Peterborough Sports 0
Att. 1,872 - Darlington 1 Spennymoor Town 0
Att. 1,192 - Marine 0 Leamington 0
Att. n/a - Oxford City 2 Chorley 2
Att. 1,152 - Radcliffe 1 Kings Lynn Town 2
Att. n/a - Rushall Olympic 1 Curzon Ashton 2
Att. 1,723 - Scarborough Athletic 1 South Shields 2
Att. 1,257 - Southport 3 Buxton 2
Att. 839 - Warrington Town 1 Needham Market 2
Disappointing crowd for us that, but was a reversed fixture on police request so we clashed with the races, of which there was a big 20k+ crowd with a concert on afterwards. Also pretty much no away fans at all.

Good win and response from the first two games. On to Kiddy, bit of a goalie dilemma to solve for that, Mason injured and the loanee replacement has immediately been called up to England U19 squad this week.

Last edited:

Prodigal

Reaction score
Supports
Chorley
Well after falling 2 behind in 20 minutes a change in line up at HT seems to have done the trick and we managed to salvage a point. Odd moment in the game was a second yellow for Oxford player for taking too long to leave the pitch whilst being subbed, meant they finished the game with 10. On now to another very difficult away game at Brackley on Tuesday.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Watched the highlights of weekend we should have had about 10 goals.

Rushall really are up against it this season although last season did prove you have time if terrible early doors to turn it about.

They also seem to have the biggest largest widest pitch in the world, masses of grass between actual pitch and stands….well fake grass

David Curries Mullet

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Ground out a 1-0 win against Spennymoor. Defended excellently - 3 clean sheets in a row now - and an excellent training ground corner routine for Jack Maskell to get his first goal at this level with a bullet of a header. Spenny will consider themselves unfortunate, and Jameson made a number of excellent saves, whilst Scott Barrow was immense yet again. Desire and work rate of this team under Watson is fantastic, but we do need some of our injured players to return soon, as a few were running on fumes at the end. Alfreton hoofball to come on Tuesday night - better get my neck brace ready.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Farsley just sacked their manager.

Seems an absolute batsh*t crazy one, I’d understood end of last season but to have 9 points when all first six games are away is an excellent total….they almost nearly had 12 points

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
betpaddi

Latest posts

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!