New Years Day 2024 Fixtures

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Make that 10 with Sorenson going off this afternoon.

Done by a set pieces (surprise, surprise) and an individual error.

It's a big two weeks for us without a game - we need bodies in and bodies back.

That's basically us every week.

LordJord

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Twitter
@lordjordII
I swear every team in the league is down to the bare bones. Is it just me or are mass injury problems far more commonplace in the last few years?

Poor conditions, poor game, good win for us today. Cheltenham were positive and caused a few problems, they also stopped us from really getting any real controlled possession for any period of time. But in Bowie and Simpson we had willing runners up top and that proved to be a key reason for our goal. In the end we should have got a second but another 3 points.... should I dream of the playoffs? Probably not.

I think Cheltenham will just about stay up. They seemed well coached and clearly were not short on effort, think they will survive.

Floreat Salopia

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury
How on earth are sat 13th with a -19 goal difference!? This league is horrendous this year. The teams in the bottom four must be truly, truly horrendous, let alone the ones sat just below us or above us. Can anybody on this forum hand on heart say that their team is good this season? I don’t think there’s a single one. Not even Portsmouth or Bolton!

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
How on earth are sat 13th with a -19 goal difference!? This league is horrendous this year. The teams in the bottom four must be truly, truly horrendous, let alone the ones sat just below us or above us. Can anybody on this forum hand on heart say that their team is good this season? I don’t think there’s a single one. Not even Portsmouth or Bolton!
Yep we beat both recently and we are shit. A poor league thats is there for the taking for anyone willing to take a chance this window..

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Leagues terrible which makes it even more criminal Crosby and his clueless game management are costing us every 2/3 games.

We’ve been crap under him at times, gifted Shrewsbury, Cheltenham and Carlisle and end to bad runs and did our best to gift Wycombe as well…

On the flip side did end Oxford and Wigans but it’s dire.

Losing interest. We need to change manager, we can’t keep going one step forward two back.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I swear every team in the league is down to the bare bones. Is it just me or are mass injury problems far more commonplace in the last few years?

Poor conditions, poor game, good win for us today. Cheltenham were positive and caused a few problems, they also stopped us from really getting any real controlled possession for any period of time. But in Bowie and Simpson we had willing runners up top and that proved to be a key reason for our goal. In the end we should have got a second but another 3 points.... should I dream of the playoffs? Probably not.

I think Cheltenham will just about stay up. They seemed well coached and clearly were not short on effort, think they will survive.
When we hit the post early in the second half I knew it wasn't going to be our day. Still, I expected a defeat and that's what we got.

We're still playing ok though and I'm not overly concerned.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
We just about deserved that win, although at 1-1 I was thinking it was a reasonable reflection of the game.

First half we were much the better side, vale didn’t turn up and caused zero problems. But typical of us we failed to capitalise and we didn’t do nearly enough with our attacks.

Vale clearly got a half time bollocking and came out the better side and scored with their first attack. Sums us up, and I was thinking here we go again…

We were never going to score from open play because our attacking players are shit, but thankfully we took the penalty and won it from a corner.

Massive win, but also further highlighted how ineffective our forwards are and how much we need to strengthen, so good day all round.

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
It is definitely a shit league this season.

There was a couple of seasons where there was a clear divide between the good teams and the crapsters, but it seems just to be more a massive sludge of mediocrity this time around.

None of the early relegation dogfight contenders are truly marooned at this point - equally, anyone from about Shrews on down could get dragged into trouble - you could argue Wigan and Reading are in false positions given the points deductions, unless they (especially Reading) get even more points deducted for still being dodgy.

Hoping it’s a record low points target to stay up this time around, maybe mid-40s?

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
I dont know if overall we are good but we are certainly beatable. Some of our play can be sublime then it can be comical. The league is turning like it did two seasons back top 7 way ahead of the rest. Some rank bad teams in it this year. Today we won 1-0 with a own goal and our luck in front of goal just deserted us. Burton absolute garbage and offered nothing attacking wise but defended well. We play the same week in week out it is not hard to work out with a press but the quality of the opposition is so bad only one or two teams have the quality to test us.

GeneralLee

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford
We are still down to bare bones ourselves. No strikers, not a single wingers and a back up central midfielder playing centre half today... Who got the winning goal!

Charlton are really poor and we aren't much better right now given our injury hit/knackered squad. We probably were the better side, though that isn't a huge statement given our own issues.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots

There’s certainly no Ipswich or Plymouth who raised the standard a lot. It just seems very mediocre, nothing outrageously bad like FGR were but nothing that should cause the Championship clubs many sleepless nights whoever goes up.

Pompeyblueboy

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
We're good and so are Bolton

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
There’s certainly no Ipswich or Plymouth who raised the standard a lot. It just seems very mediocre, nothing outrageously bad like FGR were but nothing that should cause the Championship clubs many sleepless nights whoever goes up.

Yeah, I actually thought Wednesday were pretty good last season and look at them, although if I recall correctly they were under a transfer embargo over the summer, so maybe that’s screwed them.

I do remember thinking Bolton looked decent when we played them.

Can’t remember what Pompey were like to be honest, my vague impression is more that they were just a solid, consistent side (which is sometimes all you need) than anything spectacular. But I could be wrong.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Having seen an injury hit Middlesbrough in full flow I don’t think anyone going up will have much chance of more than a years stay unless they massively overhaul.

It was light years ahead of anyone we’ve played in the league this season.

Tallow

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Carlisle 2- 1 Port Vale
Best home result this season.
We dominated the 1st half and showed real battling qualities to win the game.
We're now back in the mix, and have given ourselves a real fighting chance of staying up.
It's been a good day to be a Carlisle fan.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Deserved 2-0 win against Cambridge, who again didn't show up against us - both games this season Cambridge didn't show up and we was worthy winners. Last ten minutes we tired and Cambridge put us under pressure but couldn't force a goal.

Although today Cambridge didn't have a single striker in their squad, which clearly made it difficult for them. We needed to make sure we took advantage of this.

Could've been more than two, good to get Dan Agyei off the mark after he missed 4 months with injury, we need him to step up in the second half of the season.

No game for us next week, mixed emotions as our form has stepped up - but so have our injuries.

Pompeyblueboy

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
The aim of
Having seen an injury hit Middlesbrough in full flow I don’t think anyone going up will have much chance of more than a years stay unless they massively overhaul.

It was light years ahead of anyone we’ve played in the league this season.
your Boltons Derby and Charltons and us just want to get out of this league full of little teams. Once we get back up then its just a case of consolidating. Bit like Coventry. Its playing little teams like stevenage Port vale and the like that is doing me in.

Don Tonberry

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Scowan sent off for a kick to the face that Mr Miyagi would have been proud of. Wycombe should have been down to 9 men if Vokes had got his 2nd yellow in the first half

I'll see that and raise you Nathan Thompson's Sweet Chin Music on Christian Saydee. How the ref only thought this was a second yellow and not a straight red is anyone's guess.

As for the match, I thought we were worth the win after an excellent first half showing. We tired in the second and had to dig deep when Stevenage went more direct but ultimately Norris wasn't really tested enough and Kamara should have buried one of his chances.

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Easy afternoon’s work in Cambridge. The home side at least tried - which put them streets ahead of Wycombe - but there was very little quality in anything the did.

Good laugh in the away end as we took our chances for once. Nice to dominate a game and actually win it. As I’ve stated a couple of times, I can’t see us being dragged into the dogfight. Cruising towards mid-table safety will be perfectly acceptable for our first season back.

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
I’d say the quality is way down this year. We are absolutely garbage bar the odd win and yet we are 4 points clear of the drop.
We should be cut adrift.
Wrexham will cut straight through this league with their money if and when they come up.

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Easy afternoon’s work in Cambridge. The home side at least tried - which put them streets ahead of Wycombe - but there was very little quality in anything the did.

Good laugh in the away end as we took our chances for once. Nice to dominate a game and actually win it. As I’ve stated a couple of times, I can’t see us being dragged into the dogfight. Cruising towards mid-table safety will be perfectly acceptable for our first season back.

Lovely bit of mid table mediocrity

Arbury

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge united
Deserved 2-0 win against Cambridge, who again didn't show up against us - both games this season Cambridge didn't show up and we was worthy winners. Last ten minutes we tired and Cambridge put us under pressure but couldn't force a goal.

Although today Cambridge didn't have a single striker in their squad, which clearly made it difficult for them. We needed to make sure we took advantage of this.

Could've been more than two, good to get Dan Agyei off the mark after he missed 4 months with injury, we need him to step up in the second half of the season.

No game for us next week, mixed emotions as our form has stepped up - but so have our injuries.
Yep fully deserved 3pts for you lot, should have been ahead at ht but we somehow got to it 0-0, score line probably flatters us as well albeit both goals gifted by some truly awful defending by jubril, stevens should have done better also.

As for us, lots of work for Harris to do but it’s no secret we’re short on numbers and obviously strikers being the priority.

Thought your no 11 had a good game, hit the bar and used the ball well all game, forgot what a whinging/moaning fart wellens is though, filed with evatt, adams!!

KTF

YEO YEO YEO

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Make that 10 with Sorenson going off this afternoon.

Done by a set pieces (surprise, surprise) and an individual error.

It's a big two weeks for us without a game - we need bodies in and bodies back.
A good first 25 minutes. We nullified Blackpools clear threat and got into.somw good positions and should have led through Mitchell. I don't think the free kick for their goal was a free kick, Eyoma seemed to win the ball.

After they score, its all over, as always. 2nd half was as boring as they come.

You are right, I counted 9 first teamers out pre match. Only able to name 6 on the bench, with 1 being a sub keeper, 2 youngsters, brown (who is nowhere near good enough), Vale and Shodipo.

We have the nucleus of a good side, as we keep saying, but have dreadful amount of injuries. This weekend with no game couldnt have come at a better time.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Well, I’d say the second is likely, but the third seems nailed on, sadly.

https://x.com/rcouhig/status/1741785587508564142?s=46&t=nP2_BYMX7gw5cEw8INkXzA
Must have looked hilarious considering the relief today at the end. Last kick of the ball: Rovers hit the post and Wycombe win! Cue fireworks :lol:

On another note - I hate Wycombe and will forever hate Wycombe. Why do we always play so shit against Wycombe ffs.

Also, shocking scenes from those fans who abused the ref and our player for the red. Your player literally karate kicked him in the face with studs up, which left a huge mark on his face that was bleeding- yet the locals were outraged ffs

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
Must have looked hilarious considering the relief today at the end. Last kick of the ball: Rovers hit the post and Wycombe win! Cue fireworks :lol:

Also, shocking scenes from those fans who abused the ref and our player for the red. Your player literally karate kicked him in the face with studs up, which left a huge mark on his face that was bleeding- yet the locals were outraged ffs

Well I’ve explained what a shit idea I think the fireworks are - we’ve had a few stoppage time sickeners go against us this season (thankfully not yet with fireworks) but to me having fireworks pre-planned to go off come what may at full time just inviting that kind of thing to happen.

Wasn’t there (I’m not local so don’t get to many home games) but yeah, pretty pathetic to be barracking a player who’s just been booted in the face.

Like I’ve said, from the angle I saw it at, it looked like a 50/50 high boot from both players, and then it connects on the follow through - whereas from the angle the BRFC tweet shows it just looks like a boot to the face.

But either way it’s unacceptable to give an obviously injured player that much shit.

Apparently some embarrassing homophobic chanting from the terrace too towards your keeper.

This, on the day we just signed a striker from non-league who fled the Ivory Coast for fear of persecution at being gay - and he was announced on the pitch before the game. :ffs:

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
The aim of

your Boltons Derby and Charltons and us just want to get out of this league full of little teams. Once we get back up then its just a case of consolidating. Bit like Coventry. Its playing little teams like stevenage Port vale and the like that is doing me in.
Shows how poor you are with all that finance and backing your still playing #teamslikeportvale even had a good 4 years a league below us recently as well.

Ah well.

GEORGE

Bristol Rovers
Reaction score
Supports
bristol rovers
The aim of

And I believe this little team beat you on Boxing day.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Yep fully deserved 3pts for you lot, should have been ahead at ht but we somehow got to it 0-0, score line probably flatters us as well albeit both goals gifted by some truly awful defending by jubril, stevens should have done better also.

As for us, lots of work for Harris to do but it’s no secret we’re short on numbers and obviously strikers being the priority.

Thought your no 11 had a good game, hit the bar and used the ball well all game, forgot what a whinging/moaning fart wellens is though, filed with evatt, adams!!

KTF
Wellens moans at his own players as much as he moans at everything else :lol:

Moomin

Reaction score
Supports
ECFC
We score 2 goals in a game!!!! Sadly we let in 3, but that’s the first time we’ve score 2 in the league since August, which was also against Reading :bl:

We played well at times but fuck me, we basically handed two goals to them. The first was hesitation from our CBs and ‘keeper allowing their player to run on to a 50 yard through ball and score. And then Kite gave the ball away under little pressure which resulted in a cross that our CB Hartridge nodded into the net. Awful stuff.

Reading’s third goal was decent to be fair and both of ours were good finishes, with Jules’ being a lovely strike. But overall, we’re weak as piss and can’t see us staying up. 6 pointer v Carlisle coming up!

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
I’d say the quality is way down this year. We are absolutely garbage bar the odd win and yet we are 4 points clear of the drop.
We should be cut adrift.
Wrexham will cut straight through this league with their money if and when they come up.
No they wont yes this is a bad league this year but are Wrexham has good as the top 7 i would say no
How will they play against the Burtons of this league who aim for the corner flag in the first min
Two seasons back when Wrexhams owners came in they invested heavy on decent lge 2/1 players. These players can only bring Wrexham so far.
Will need a complete re-build if they want to move from lge1 to the Championship

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!