Saturday 26th August Fixtures

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Unbelievable. The ref in our game has gone off injured..... again. That's 4 injured officials across our last 3 games. Two refs and two linos. We're under some sort of curse
I wish our ref today had got injured. Turned down a stonewall pen in injury time and generally poor. Not surprising he was part of the officials team v Sheff Weds last season that Barton got his 3 game stadium ban from...

YEO YEO YEO

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
2 home games, 2 3-0 wins. Incredible. Its nice to win at home. We are such a hard working team. For all Blackpools possession, they very rarely got in behind our backline. Mainly left them to shoot from range and they were dreadful at that.i cant remember many attempts on target.

Our 2 pens were defo pens, but saw the game out with ease with them going down to 10.

Blackpool good on the ball, just couldnt break us down. Edit: forgot to mention all Blackpool seem to do was try the long diagonal to Hamilton/ their no. 18 time and time again. Sometimes it worked, but we were very wise to it.

Last edited:

Brox

Reaction score
Supports
Stevenage
Would have taken a draw before the game with the absentees and change of system, probably about fair on reflection. Think you could probably sum the game up as Portsmouth enjoying far more of the ball and getting into the more threatening positions without ever really troubling our goal, whilst we didn't threaten as much but created the more obvious chances.

Both sides had a player sent off, both went in for a tackle, the ball broke and play went on, after the ball went out of play the referee sent both off - I'm guessing something must have happened afterwards, either that or further evidence of a referee trying to make it all about themselves. All four sections of the ground were in agreement that he had a mare today!

Woody OUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford Utd
For 75 minutes today, the level of football I saw blew me away. Never saw this level under Karl Robinson. Exciting times under Liam Manning. Little Tyler Goodrham looks like he'll be playing Premier League at some point. Watch his first goal on the telly tonight. Top of the league and four straight wins. Lovely jubbly, happy days.

AmberRich

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Worst performance so far this season and probably up there, if not worse, than the crap we produced last season.

Andrew has been largely shit so far this season which is a big disappointment because in paper he seemed like the best new addition we made in the summer. Dunk has to start, and should never have been dropped to the bench to be honest.

We were lethargic, in every sense of the word. Slow to intercept, slow to pass and slow to collect.

Brophy had one of his poor games. Liam Bennett and George Thomas a rare shocker.

Having to turn to a player who struggled in non league last season and an 18 year old shows how deep our squad depth is.

A one off performance so far, and the entire club would happily take 9 points from our opening 5 games. However it was still an utterly crap performance.

91SPP

Reaction score
Supports
Derby County
Did not expect that, Peterborough came out the better team and went 1-0 up. I was worried at that point what the final score would look like, but what a response led by the outstanding Martyn Waghorn. A lot of what we’ve been missing was shown today, quality and energy in abundance.

A really good win against a team I expected to beat us based on our body of work so far this season.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Season defining week ahead for us. If we don’t get it right in the transfer market this week, we’ll break a record for fewest goals scored in a League 1 season and will obviously be relegated as well.

The lack of quality in the final third was evident again. The goalkeeping calamity is one of those things, not going to happen every week.

Pissed off. But still hopeful as there’s nearly a week left of the transfer window.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
A deserved win for us, managed to take the chances we created and in truth we should've scored more. I thought Cambridge were dreadful, I was expecting alot more from them. Kaikai caused us some problems and got taken off after 60mins. We're a possession based team, we will piss around with it all day if we have to and Cambridge just sat off us and let us have it for most of the game.

Some big calls made by Wellens today, dropped Beckles and played Galbraith at right back, dropped Piggott and played youngster Shaq Ford up front, dropped Moncur and started Jordan Graham and brought Brynn back in goal and it all paid off. Forde gave us more pace up front and scored and Jordan Graham was very effective on the wing, going forward both are going to need to stay fit for us.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Good win again. As I expected, Carlisle knocked it around nicely in midfield but had nothing up front. We had 2 goals disallowed, one of which I'd like to see again. We've got some very good footballers. Referee absolutely abysmal...he didn't get many right apart from the penalty but then at the very least it's a booking.

Super_horns

Reaction score
Supports
WATFORD
Good to see Forde start well .

Pompeyblueboy

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
20 minutes we looked excellent but still lacking that striker we need. Some of our forward play was decent, big penalty shout which would like to see again.

Got a bit sloppy after that but it’s been an enjoyable game, Carlisle have given us some problems as well. With the balls we’ve managed to get into the box from wide cut backs you’d hope one will drop for us but this is as expected as tough as any of the games so far.

Need to be on it. Chislett is getting absolutely battered which the referee needs to get a grip on, he’s made some inconsistent decisions which seem to causing us frustration.
6000 odd not very massive

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
Anyway. Like I said first half we were superb, dominated midfield where Tom Carroll was magnificent. Hit both posts and forced keeper into a save, but clearly missed a proper striker though the header from Aimson was great. Bit of a mistake to gift them a goal on half time.
Second half Reading were much better, got hold of the ball in midfield and were perhaps unlucky, hit the post and fired across when clean through.
Our subs seemed to turn things back out way though, Harper was great when he came on, Taylor should have scored when put through and Reece Cole puts in some great balls, so no surprise when he pops up in injury time to lash in the winner.
Sam Nombe appeared to be waving goodbye at the end, a shame but hopefully we have a good replacement

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Another shocker for Charlton, all over the place. 2-1 flattered us. 4 losses on the spin, relegation candidates?

We really should have finished that off in the 1st half as we were so on top. Superb goal by Tyler Goodrham to take the lead.

You were the better team in the 2nd half but we still created as many chances as yourselves. We have so much speed on the break and you kind of played into our hands for the 2nd goal, albeit a lucky mis-control by Stan Mills to set up Tyler Goodrham.

Alfie May looked isolated in the 1st half, although Cam Brannagan tried to set up him up. James Beadle made a good save though to snuff the chance out.

BogDaddyO

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Thought we were superb today, won 2 0 but it could have been 4 or 5 easily.
Archibald hit the bar twice with sumptuous efforts and Galbraith looked sensational.
Cambridge were poor in truth, great following from the fans but uninspiring stuff on the pitch.
Our first home goals and win in league 1 since we dropped out several years back, feels good, feeling much more optimistic after that performance.

8k crowd again which is great for us at this level.

Moonie

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Season defining week ahead for us. If we don’t get it right in the transfer market this week, we’ll break a record for fewest goals scored in a League 1 season and will obviously be relegated as well.

The lack of quality in the final third was evident again. The goalkeeping calamity is one of those things, not going to happen every week.

Pissed off. But still hopeful as there’s nearly a week left of the transfer window.
I warned you. Your pre-season positivity was a hex.

Seriously though, we're going down. Normally say to give it 10-15 games to get an idea, but this side will not stay up. it's too big an ask, even for Simpson. We're going to need to spend a fortune this week. If we don't, it'll cost us more in the long run.

Absolutely deflated.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
On Carlisle I thought they looked a league two team in league one, played some good football and battled hard but lacked that quality. That’s not being derogatory in that Vale were the same last season after coming up all be it we maybe invested to be slightly better off than Carlisle now in a couple of L1 footballers in Ojo and Ellis Harrison.

That doesn’t mean doom and gloom though as we managed to stay up but need to grind out some wins.

We looked a year further down the line today and that was the main difference all be it Crosby was furious we were not clinical enough in spells where we were knocking on the door.

Weve signed well largely loaned some very good footballers and our midfield looks a joy to watch compared to last season. Arblaster and Chislett are exciting and now we can add Devine into that with Ojo marshalling it who’s now in a far better position.

Feeling positive 10 points from 4 games and cup progression I would have snapped your hand off for that. Get the cup game out the way Tuesday and sets up and intriguing but tough clash at Oxford next weekend.

Hopefully DJ gets well soon though, sounds like he’s been very poorly in hospital all week and had a bit of a relapse today so fingers crossed it’s nothing too serious.

Big week in the window, we are a decent striker away from being a very good side.

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
We were bloody awful today but take nothing away from Orient as they were as good as we were bad. Looked excellent on the ball and will be fine this season.

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood
Tough one by to take this, better team by far in the 1st half and even with 10 men more than took the game to the visitors. Crazy 4 minute spell just before half time saw a calamatous error by Robertson
allow a clear run on goal by Ufod which was well finished. Few minutes later Lynch came charging out of his area took out a one of their players and a clear red card. Earl sent off at the death which we think was for stamping, and if that was the case, totally unacceptable
In spite of this defeat and Fleetwood's position in the table, some very encouraging performances by a number of Fleetwood players. I always say look at the league table end of October.....

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Tough one by to take this, better team by far in the 1st half and even with 10 men more than took the game to the visitors. Crazy 4 minute spell just before half time saw a calamatous error by Robertson
allow a clear run on goal by Ufod which was well finished. Few minutes later Lynch came charging out of his area took out a one of their players and a clear red card. Earl sent off at the death which we think was for stamping, and if that was the case, totally unacceptable
In spite of this defeat and Fleetwood's position in the table, some very encouraging performances by a number of Fleetwood players. I always say look at the league table end of October.....
Shrewsbury have had a really comfortable start to the season, with a very kind fixture list. Aided by a lot of good fortune. Sounds like they've got away with one again today.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Moxon is a decent player but I think Carlisle would be better without him. He slowed down every attack as if to say 'look how good I am'. He just stood out as slowing everything down.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Blackpool could have had 12 players on the pitch and still not scored. I thought they were fairly tidy on the ball but a lot of their possession was in non-threatening areas, we fairly quickly swatted out anything of any note after the first five mins or so when they came at us. Looked a team who were trying to do the right things but couldn't quite do it. They were also very predictable - they went side to side, into midfield and out again, side to side and always ended up a) hitting CJ Hamilton on the diagonal or whacked it up front to the tallish striker to flick on, so style wise they were neither here nor there.

They pressed well too but once we broke through that, their defence was all over the shop I thought and talk about kamikaze defending, what on earth were they doing for the goals?! The first penalty was a slow motion challenge, how they let Erhahon travel so far is anyone's guess and did their guy really need to get himself sent off? House was a about to tap it in from a couple of yards by the looks of it!

As for us though, I thought we were our solid self. A couple of dodgy moments, which I think was a consequence of O'Connor and Jackson swapping positions and Burroughs being caught out every so slightly in the opening 20 minutes or so. Basically game over at HT because they were never going to score in a month of Sunday's. Looks like we've got four very saleable assets in the side at the minute in Roughan, Erhahon, Mandroiu and House.

Good start to the season - 10 points, two consecutive 3-0 home wins and three clean sheets in five. The Bolton result seems a long time ago!

Floreat Salopia

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury
Hard to disagree with that. You could easily have been a couple goals up before we scored on another day, decent team Fleetwood have. We were on the end of a smash and grab this time last week so I know how you’re feeling about today, it’s frustrating. Not many teams will come and beat you on your own turf, especially when you see some of the players you have in that starting 11, some very good League 1 players in there. We’ve won at Highbury on the past three consecutive occasions now, definitely a happy hunting ground for us.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots

Seriously though, we're going down. Normally say to give it 10-15 games to get an idea, but this side will not stay up. it's too big an ask, even for Simpson. We're going to need to spend a fortune this week. If we don't, it'll cost us more in the long run.

Absolutely deflated.

You never know, you’re not a million miles off. Anyone who watched today it wasn’t as though we were miles better than you though our play in the final third was probably more threatening (feels very weird saying that). Think it’ll hinge on your home form.

Moomin

Reaction score
Supports
ECFC
Reading were very poor, I thought. However, I think we made them look bad. We were outstanding and the team Caldwell has put together is impressing much more than I expected.

Sinisalo has been fantastic in goal; Tom Carroll showing his class - he absolutely took the piss today; Ryan Trevitt is a great find, albeit a bit quieter today; Jack Aitchison never stops running and was so unlucky not to score today and finally Ilmari Niskanen was superb on his debut. And finally, Reece Cole who was playing four leagues below last season scored a belter of a winner…what a find!

Reading did improve 2nd half and they had a few chances, but to me they looked like a disjointed team, whereas we knew our roles inside out.

I’m not sure where we will end up this season, but it’s clear we don’t have to worry about anyone. Just play our game and that’s good enough for me.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United

Absolutely deflated.

I’m still optimistic we can stay up, as long as we don’t sell Moxon and we plug the glaring gap in our forward line this week. We need to find a quality number 9, someone who can lead the line, link the play and put the ball in the net. This one needs to be quality, not some sub standard cheapy loan who clearly hasn’t played a second of mens football.

The rest of the team is ok, not perfect but ok. One player could make all the difference. It’s not as if you look at us and think we need new players for every position.

If by next weekend we’ve sold Moxon and/or not adequately strengthened the striker position, then I agree we’ll go down, probably with a record low points tally. Big 5 days ahead.

Moonie

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
You never know, you’re not a million miles off. Anyone who watched today it wasn’t as though we were miles better than you though our play in the final third was probably more threatening (feels very weird saying that). Think it’ll hinge on your home form.
Been the story of every defeat so far - in the game, not massively outplayed, but never likely to score.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanPep

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!