Saturday 31st August

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
I mean, we all know what’s gonna happen against Bradford, we’re gonna go 1-0 up then they are gonna equalise in injury time, it’s what always happens innit?

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
On the back of a 4-1 hammering what do we really need right now, to play the team joint top who are also our bogey team who we haven’t beaten in the league since David Attenborough was in nappies.
Fuck off fixture computer.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
On the back of a 4-1 hammering what do we really need right now, to play the team joint top who are also our bogey team who we haven’t beaten in the league since David Attenborough was in nappies.
Fuck off fixture computer.

This is a weird league where anyone can beat anyone so there's hope for you yet.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Jealousy is not very becoming of a gentlefish.
Not one ounce of jealousy on my part, we may be shit but we’ve been good before when I was younger and I’ve some great memories from back then that will always live with me, our time will come again, eventually.

Maybe.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Carlisle v Tranmere

It’s got 0-0 written all over it. I may even put money on it.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
I remember that last loss to Grimsby in ‘98 because it was my 11th birthday, cheers lads.
I’m reasonably confident we’ll at worse draw on Saturday, we’re currently only behind Man City out of everyone in the form guide going back to last season and I think we’ll save our first defeat until the week after when we play Carlisle for their Neanderthal online fan base to cream themselves for weeks over on the Twitter timeline.

See our record at Bradford is absolutely atrocious. Like really bad. We don’t even score never mind win!

So I expect it will be a comfortable Bradford win for their Neanderthal online fan base to cream themselves for weeks on the Twitter timeline over.

spireite

We used to make shit
Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
Definitely. 12.30KO away at Gillingham is absolutely mingin as well

Not for me, ta
It's other side ut Dartford crossing int it. You'd have to be setting off at the crack of bird shit just to make kick off, nee mind having a few slurps. Quite glad I'm at the other end of the country this week.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
Carlisle 6-0 Tranmere

Wyke 3
Jones 3

• Haha
Reactions: Boz

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
See our record at Bradford is absolutely atrocious. Like really bad. We don’t even score never mind win!

So I expect it will be a comfortable Bradford win for their Neanderthal online fan base to cream themselves for weeks on the Twitter timeline over.

Yeahhhhh, buttttttt, we return the favour when we play up at yours!

THE LAST WALTZ

Reaction score
Supports
GILLINGHAM
It's other side ut Dartford crossing int it. You'd have to be setting off at the crack of bird shit just to make kick off, nee mind having a few slurps. Quite glad I'm at the other end of the country this week.
12.30 is a shit kick off time for everyone, especially the away fans.
Fuck off Sky.

loz

Reaction score
Supports
Citeh
Not one ounce of jealousy on my part, we may be shit but we’ve been good before when I was younger and I’ve some great memories from back then that will always live with me, our time will come again, eventually.

Maybe.
Can you remember Rafferty scoring in every one of the first 10 games or so in a season of the old 2nd division?

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Can you remember Rafferty scoring in every one of the first 10 games or so in a season of the old 2nd division?
No a bit before my time that my first game was April 1990 against Wrexham, Garry Birtles hat trick and I had no idea at the time just what a career he had already had up to that point.
Guy just oozed class even in the twilight of his career.

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood
If Fleetwood can stop Joseph David Wozencroft Piggot from scoring on Saturday, we stand a chance of getting something from the game. Over the years I reckon this guy has scored more against us than even Alfie May. Confidence will be high after another very impressive performance last night. Having said that it's a tough game against the Wombles and a draw will be more than respectable 1-1

loz

Reaction score
Supports
Citeh
No a bit before my time that my first game was April 1990 against Wrexham, Garry Birtles hat trick and I had no idea at the time just what a career he had already had up to that point.
Guy just oozed class even in the twilight of his career.
Ha ha. It was about 65 years ago.

joethegill

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
12.30 is a shit kick off time for everyone, especially the away fans.
Fuck off Sky.
I think I'm one of the only people it suits as I now get to watch us play before my work game at 3pm.

I still don't like it though, despite that.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Eurgh a 12.30pm kick off. I always feel everything is a bit half hearted when games kick off early.

I said we'd be up and down for the first 10 games at least but I don't think anyone saw that result coming last Saturday. In fairness, it was more a 1-0 game rather than 4-0 as our heads went for a 15 minute period and there weren't that many chances in the game. It was one of those games where every half chance flew in.

Having said that, we just haven't found a system that works yet. Our midfield is way too far away from our strikers and the link up play just isn't there consistently. I'm confident it will click eventually but in the meantime we'll be very patchy.

Don't know how Donny have started to be honest. Gave a thumping on the opening day but have been up and down since then. Molyneux always a threat and Sharp of course but I'm guessing he'll not play a full 90. I expect it'll be fairly tight but you'd imagine a bit of a response from us and a few of the returning players with a free week to get minutes into their legs.

Expect Byers and possibly Stockley will start.

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers, Sporting Leyland
We could have put 5 or 6 away against Morecambe on another day, jut not quite clicked yet. Played well for the most part despite the defeat last night but not sure how much that has taken out of us. We need to be far more clinical in front of goal than we have been.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Eurgh a 12.30pm kick off. I always feel everything is a bit half hearted when games kick off early.

I said we'd be up and down for the first 10 games at least but I don't think anyone saw that result coming last Saturday. In fairness, it was more a 1-0 game rather than 4-0 as our heads went for a 15 minute period and there weren't that many chances in the game. It was one of those games where every half chance flew in.

Having said that, we just haven't found a system that works yet. Our midfield is way too far away from our strikers and the link up play just isn't there consistently. I'm confident it will click eventually but in the meantime we'll be very patchy.

Don't know how Donny have started to be honest. Gave a thumping on the opening day but have been up and down since then. Molyneux always a threat and Sharp of course but I'm guessing he'll not play a full 90. I expect it'll be fairly tight but you'd imagine a bit of a response from us and a few of the returning players with a free week to get minutes into their legs.

Expect Byers and possibly Stockley will start.
I don't mind the early start but I drive up so means I get back early and i can still salvage the day if the lads lets us down!

Need a performance, arguably more than the result, especially as an attacking force as we haven't got the formula right yet, obviously players coming back from injury hasn't helped as need to get them up to speed yet but does feel a bit like England where we are trying to play our best players even if it means out of position and not playing the best side position by position, Garrity as a holding midfielder being a prime example, surely Ojo goes in there but then why would you be playing two holding midfielders in League Two when your one of the favourites is another conversation altogether!

Needs to set out his formation for Saturday and pick the best XI to fit that formation even if it means some big players left out for us. Want Garrity to play but has to be attacking midfield. Ideally need three central midfielders to combat the issue with getting over run and Byers helps give us that option now.

Worry is full back though, unless Hart makes a miracle recovery we could end up with kids or out of position in those area's, didnt John limp off Saturday too?

Big game, two of the pre season favourites and no doubt biggest budgets and pressure on both sides to challenge, ironically both sides have two of the lowest xg in the first three games in the whole EFL if you believe that sort of stat has any real relevance but probably shows both sides still need to click.

Just from a Vale point of view need a bounceback performance, if we get beat but put in a real positive performance that won't be the end of the world but need to show Saturday was a one off rather than a potential sign of a bigger problem and after last season fans are understandably on edge.

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
Gillingham (A) then. Lovely 12:30pm KO on Saturday, I mean it’s only down the road ain’t it… (150 mile long road). Won’t be making the journey down personally, one trip to that away end was more than enough so I’ll enjoy it from my sofa instead, but fairplay to any of our lot that are heading down.

On paper the toughest test for us so far, especially with their home record being unbeaten at home since Boxing Day I think I read yesterday?
You can expect us to come down and try and play our game and take the game to you, it’s not in our nature to sit in and get men behind the ball to try and steal a point or whatever. Who should we be wary of from your side Gills fans? Danger men etc…
For us, obviously everyone knows what Grigg’s about so won’t mention him, but our 3 players behind the striker are definitely the ones to look out for. Dobra has started the season on fire in that number 10 role and I expect him to be at the heart of anything good we do tomorrow. Markanday & Berry two very quick and agile wingers, both with an eye for goal. Berry currently our top scorer in the league with 3, can be deadly when he cuts in from the left.

Team news wise, we’ve brought in a keeper from Newcastle today but very much doubt he’ll go straight in as Boot hasn’t put a foot wrong yet, so most likely on the bench for this one. We’ve still got a number of injuries who I’m going to assume are once again unavailable for this until we hear otherwise, and those are: Madden (Calf), Colclough (Calf), Tanton (Quad), Sheckleford (Hamstring), Palmer (Knee) & Mandeville (Ankle). There’s also talk of us bringing in another forward before the deadline, with Dejaune Brown at Derby mentioned so far but he’s probably just one of a number of names of that profile (Quick & Direct, different to what we already have in our striker dept). Also expecting one or two of our squad players will leave before tomorrow nights deadline, such as Brandon Horton / Tyrone Williams amongst a few others.

Predicted XI:

Boot
Daley-Campbell Naylor Dunkley Gordon
Banks Oldaker
Murkanday Dobra Berry
Grigg

Thompson (GK)
Araujo
Akinola
Hobson
Jacobs
Drummond
Quigley

Would be an unchanged XI for 3 games on the bounce if we do that, but personally I wouldn’t change anything whilst we’re playing well. If any of our slightly less serious injured lot are back (Colclough / Tanton) then I’d expect Hobson / Drummond to drop from the bench.

Would definitely take a point at this stage of the season, but as I said, there’s no chance we’ll approach the game that way so fingers crossed for a decent entertaining game.

Last edited:

joethegill

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Seems our injury crisis has started to ease a little which comes at a good time with a pair of tricky games coming up with Chesterfield then Donny. Coleman, Nevitt, Andrews and Bradley Dack all back in full training as of this week, but would probably expect them to feature in midweek in the pisspot trophy rather than straight into the game at the weekend. Annoyingly though Hawkins and Dieng seem to have gone the other way and could be missing. Euan Williams still out with suspension and Masterson isn't ready for this one either.

Looking forward to this one though, Chesterfield play some good stuff but we ought to be able to get at them defensively. Dobra is the key one to keep quiet for me, although from what I've seen of him he just needs a couple of kicks to the ankle and he'll get a strop on, so much though I don't advocate that style of play....yeah. I like Berry as well, and Naylor is a good player so our midfield will have to be better than they were at Fleetwood. We've restricted chances well so far this season and we'll need to do the same here to prevent 6-yard Grigg from netting. Keep the wide men quiet and I think we win this one - easier said than done as it's probably Chesterfield's strength. Need a bit more from the forward line as well though, we were wasteful at Fleetwood.

Squad could be:

Turner
Hutton - Ehmer - Ogie - Clark
Little - McKenzie
Nolan - Williams - Rowe
Wakeling​

Morris, Gale, Coleman, Wyllie, Nevitt, Dack, Lapslie

Gills 2-1 Chesterfield, attendance around 7500

TheEndIsNigh

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
We’ve a few good results/performances under Maynard, but have almost always followed it up by being total dogshit in the next game.

Doesn’t look like Swindon are gonna be one of the big hitters this season so on the face of it a decent opportunity for our first away win. Keeping hold of JJ and Crowley would be a big help for everyone.

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Harrogate away. I think we will get beat tomorrow, as in one of those damp squibs where you've got a hangover after a week which has created a bit of buzz, given we've had two famous victories and an exciting cup draw.

THE LAST WALTZ

Reaction score
Supports
GILLINGHAM
Gillingham (A) then. Lovely 12:30pm KO on Saturday, I mean it’s only down the road ain’t it… (150 mile long road). Won’t be making the journey down personally, one trip to that away end was more than enough so I’ll enjoy it from my sofa instead, but fairplay to any of our lot that are heading down.

On paper the toughest test for us so far, especially with their home record being unbeaten at home since Boxing Day I think I read yesterday?
You can expect us to come down and try and play our game and take the game to you, it’s not in our nature to sit in and get men behind the ball to try and steal a point or whatever. Who should we be wary of from your side Gills fans? Danger men etc…
For us, obviously everyone knows what Grigg’s about so won’t mention him, but our 3 players behind the striker are definitely the ones to look out for. Dobra has started the season on fire in that number 10 role and I expect him to be at the heart of anything good we do tomorrow. Markanday & Berry two very quick and agile wingers, both with an eye for goal. Berry currently our top scorer in the league with 3, can be deadly when he cuts in from the left.

Team news wise, we’ve brought in a keeper from Newcastle today but very much doubt he’ll go straight in as Boot hasn’t put a foot wrong yet, so most likely on the bench for this one. We’ve still got a number of injuries who I’m going to assume are once again unavailable for this until we hear otherwise, and those are: Madden (Calf), Colclough (Calf), Tanton (Quad), Sheckleford (Hamstring), Palmer (Knee) & Mandeville (Ankle). There’s also talk of us bringing in another forward before the deadline, with Dejaune Brown at Derby mentioned so far but he’s probably just one of a number of names of that profile (Quick & Direct, different to what we already have in our striker dept). Also expecting one or two of our squad players will leave before tomorrow nights deadline, such as Brandon Horton / Tyrone Williams amongst a few others.

Predicted XI:

Boot
Daley-Campbell Naylor Dunkley Gordon
Banks Oldaker
Murkanday Dobra Berry
Grigg

Thompson (GK)
Araujo
Akinola
Hobson
Jacobs
Drummond
Quigley

Would be an unchanged XI for 3 games on the bounce if we do that, but personally I wouldn’t change anything whilst we’re playing well. If any of our slightly less serious injured lot are back (Colclough / Tanton) then I’d expect Hobson / Drummond to drop from the bench.

Would definitely take a point at this stage of the season, but as I said, there’s no chance we’ll approach the game that way so fingers crossed for a decent entertaining game.
Gills dangermean are:
Masterton, centre back, top goal scorer last season and player of the year - injured
Nevitt, scored twenty odd in league 2 last season. - injured
Andrew’s. Big. Strong and mobile forward. Holds the ball up well. - injured.
Dack, simply a class above at this level- not fit after missing all pre-season.
Coleman. Young, a great ball winner and our young player of the season last year. - injured.
Pretty good time to be playing us really.

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
Gills dangermean are:
Masterton, centre back, top goal scorer last season and player of the year - injured
Nevitt, scored twenty odd in league 2 last season. - injured
Andrew’s. Big. Strong and mobile forward. Holds the ball up well. - injured.
Dack, simply a class above at this level- not fit after missing all pre-season.
Coleman. Young, a great ball winner and our young player of the season last year. - injured.
Pretty good time to be playing us really.
I mean we’ve also got Madden, Colclough, Mandeville & Tanton all out who are also key men for us. Part of the game ain’t it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
betpaddi

Latest posts

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!