Thursday 22nd & Saturday 24th August

クレイグ

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Feel for the defence today. Deserved a clean sheet. Neil Byrne still worries me a bit but I've developed a man crush on Baldwin and I don't care what anyone says. He might make a mistake in the future, but he's got a pretty decent pass on him and seems rather capable of bringing it forward. Speaking of going forward,; I think we're a bit too slow at times. Anywho, like it was said above, we should have probably had another three goals. Happy days though so far.

It's hard to say much about Bromley after that handball and sending-off. That Cheek fellow seemed to have a bit of fanfare surrounding him but he was useless. No real shock that their goal came from a set piece after a ridiculously soft freekick was given their way. Good luck to them for the rest of the season.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Mmmm.....that was chastening. I did say we'd be very up and down for at least the first 10 games, but I didn't expect that! Felt like we were haunted by last season, as in as soon as we went 1 down, our heads just dropped. Getting rid of the losing mentality will be hard.

Make no mistake, Barrow worked really hard in the second half and were ruthless when their chances came. After the first half, I just didn't see that in either side. I think they used their more immediate experience of league 2 and ruthlessly punished a team that were nowhere near at it.

We missed the stability of Hall at the back, but some of the defending was amateur at best. We also seem to be using the tactic of keeping it tight until after half time. I genuinely believe that we have the attacking talent to really go at teams and punish them early. Whether that comes remains to be seen.

Fortunately, this is game 3 of the season, not 43. We definitely have the quality to put it right, I have no doubt about that, but we must put this behind us very quickly.

I believe Stockport and Wrexham had poor starts last year. It can take time for new players to bed in, so I'm not losing my shit like some of our fans are. But Moore is being paid handsomely and we are believed to have the biggest budget in the division, so he needs to get the fans onside very quickly.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Mmmm.....that was chastening. I did say we'd be very up and down for at least the first 10 games, but I didn't expect that! Felt like we were haunted by last season, as in as soon as we went 1 down, our heads just dropped. Getting rid of the losing mentality will be hard.

Make no mistake, Barrow worked really hard in the second half and were ruthless when their chances came. After the first half, I just didn't see that in either side. I think they used their more immediate experience of league 2 and ruthlessly punished a team that were nowhere near at it.

We missed the stability of Hall at the back, but some of the defending was amateur at best. We also seem to be using the tactic of keeping it tight until after half time. I genuinely believe that we have the attacking talent to really go at teams and punish them early. Whether that comes remains to be seen.

Fortunately, this is game 3 of the season, not 43. We definitely have the quality to put it right, I have no doubt about that, but we must put this behind us very quickly.

I believe Stockport and Wrexham had poor starts last year. It can take time for new players to bed in, so I'm not losing my shit like some of our fans are. But Moore is being paid handsomely and we are believed to have the biggest budget in the division, so he needs to get the fans onside very quickly.
That’s the frustration, it’s league two, we have signed all this attacking quality yet set up negatively (aside from against Barrow in the cup when our kids had a right go at them and caused them more problems than we did today). Feels like a real waste, that said our stellar signing hadn’t kicked a ball until midweek in anger, Stockley is just coming back from injury and Tolaj is out so the options are slimmer than they will be going forward, Dipepa isn’t ready for me at all and needs a loan to get experience.

Big worry now is Sam Hart, he’s been excellent but having to play centre half today and looks a really bad injury so leaves us with little options at wing back with Grant and Clark out. Might need to dip into the market as that could be both first choice experienced wing backs out for months likely.

Not too worried, a little concerned and it’s embarrassing from us, worse than the 7-0 at Barnsley but we need to bounce back, it’s a bad, really bad 15 minutes outside of 4 positive games for us before today.

Optipez

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County

Feel for the defence today. Deserved a clean sheet. Neil Byrne still worries me a bit but I've developed a man crush on Baldwin and I don't care what anyone says. He might make a mistake in the future, but he's got a pretty decent pass on him and seems rather capable of bringing it forward. Speaking of going forward,; I think we're a bit too slow at times. Anywho, like it was said above, we should have probably had another three goals. Happy days though so far.

It's hard to say much about Bromley after that handball and sending-off. That Cheek fellow seemed to have a bit of fanfare surrounding him but he was useless. No real shock that their goal came from a set piece after a ridiculously soft freekick was given their way. Good luck to them for the rest of the season.
I hope Baldwin does come good for you. He was at ours on Thursday with Langstaff watching us v Grimsby.
He's the one released player I had reservations about but he'd made so many errors last season I think a fresh start is best for all.

CFC91

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
Can’t believe we didn’t win today. 2 points dropped definitely. They were pretty foul, hacking folk down, constantly feigning injury to have little team talks and Robinson on the bench was a bit embarrassing too. Less said about their captain and his behaviour the better, talk about losing you head. Pillock

クレイグ

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
I hope Baldwin does come good for you. He was at ours on Thursday with Langstaff watching us v Grimsby.
He's the one released player I had reservations about but he'd made so many errors last season I think a fresh start is best for all.

I think he'll end up being a good signing for us. That's my feeling after three league games anyway.

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
How early are these shouts man? :lol: Weak division ffs we’re three games in. Maybe what it actually is, is a really competitive league?
It can be both and I think it is.

I reckon you’ll do back to back promotions because of it so don’t knock it.

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
Can’t believe we didn’t win today. 2 points dropped definitely. They were pretty foul, hacking folk down, constantly feigning injury to have little team talks and Robinson on the bench was a bit embarrassing too. Less said about their captain and his behaviour the better, talk about losing you head. Pillock
Absolutely stunk of Solihull vibes

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
I'm happy with Matt Platt. He's not blessed with pace not as good with the ball as Baldwin but he is good in the air and solid.

Both are good players and both more suited to their new clubs, was a good swap for everyone. It’s kind of counter intuitive, but someone like Platt is better for our way of playing at centre back than someone like Baldwin - we just want them to pass it five yards constantly to the players who can open a team up. Platt will have made as many successful passes as any player in the league so far, but he’s basically not attempted one further than about ten yards distance. Problem with sticking Baldwin in there is he knows he has a bit of quality for a centre back so can’t help himself trying to do something clever when the team’s trying to play so much passing football - but in a more direct team with a bit more cover for him and where he’s trying to ping longer passes and run forward, it can work.

I reckon both will have really good seasons.

CTFCfan99

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham
The most one sided 1-0 win I've ever watched. Cheltenham were absolutely hopeless.
Hopeless is being kind. Don't think we created a single chance all game. You look a good side though - fancy you to be up there this season, albeit you weren't tested at all today.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
That’s the frustration, it’s league two, we have signed all this attacking quality yet set up negatively (aside from against Barrow in the cup when our kids had a right go at them and caused them more problems than we did today). Feels like a real waste, that said our stellar signing hadn’t kicked a ball until midweek in anger, Stockley is just coming back from injury and Tolaj is out so the options are slimmer than they will be going forward, Dipepa isn’t ready for me at all and needs a loan to get experience.

Big worry now is Sam Hart, he’s been excellent but having to play centre half today and looks a really bad injury so leaves us with little options at wing back with Grant and Clark out. Might need to dip into the market as that could be both first choice experienced wing backs out for months likely.

Not too worried, a little concerned and it’s embarrassing from us, worse than the 7-0 at Barnsley but we need to bounce back, it’s a bad, really bad 15 minutes outside of 4 positive games for us before today.
I take some solace in the fact that some Barrow fans are saying we look a good side and it's the best they've played for a couple of years. Sometimes you just get caught out by an opposition who are absolutely on it on the day. That Acquah is a donkey but scored an absolute peach, you can bet he wouldn't do that again if he tried it 100 times!

As you said, it was a few minutes of madness from what had been a tight game. Ironically, if Garrity puts away that easy chance we probably go on to win! It was never a 4-0 game but once you lose your heads and virtually give up, it's easier for the other team to rack up goals.

I enjoyed my first visit to Barrow today, other than the result. It's an awful ground though and needs some serious work to get it even to league standard. I've been to better Northern Premier grounds. I'm guessing there's got to be some plans for improvement as the club will never progress with gazebos as stands.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
MK Dons away tomorrow.

Really big game for us. After a much needed win over barrow, can we now do something we haven’t done in best part of 2 years? Back up a win with another win.

MK should be there or thereabouts despite their slow start, so this will be a tough ask for a team like us. I’d definitely take a point, but realistically think the task will be too much for us at this stage of our recovery.

MK Dons 3-0 Carlisle United

Nostragregory strikes again!

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I take some solace in the fact that some Barrow fans are saying we look a good side and it's the best they've played for a couple of years. Sometimes you just get caught out by an opposition who are absolutely on it on the day. That Acquah is a donkey but scored an absolute peach, you can bet he wouldn't do that again if he tried it 100 times!

As you said, it was a few minutes of madness from what had been a tight game. Ironically, if Garrity puts away that easy chance we probably go on to win! It was never a 4-0 game but once you lose your heads and virtually give up, it's easier for the other team to rack up goals.

I enjoyed my first visit to Barrow today, other than the result. It's an awful ground though and needs some serious work to get it even to league standard. I've been to better Northern Premier grounds. I'm guessing there's got to be some plans for improvement as the club will never progress with gazebos as stands.
It was poor errors all round, first goal Ripley should save that easily on his near post, Garrity you’d put your house on slotting home two minutes later, third and fourth are awful defending but by that point we’ve gone two at the back and lost our only left back.

Not sure why their social media is being so classless though, we’ve never had a rivalry with them and seem to be taking a dig at Carlisle on it despite losing last week to them, Going to bite them in the backside doing that.

Must be a quirky record though… 5 games into a season and done a double and been doubled! :lol:

Good to see Moore actually angry rather than how he was last season, got to up there with one of the worst results we’ve had at this level with the Lincoln 6-2 that but inquest it and hopefully sort it out.

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Is that lass on the ITV highlights a robot?

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
It was poor errors all round, first goal Ripley should save that easily on his near post, Garrity you’d put your house on slotting home two minutes later, third and fourth are awful defending but by that point we’ve gone two at the back and lost our only left back.

Not sure why their social media is being so classless though, we’ve never had a rivalry with them and seem to be taking a dig at Carlisle on it despite losing last week to them, Going to bite them in the backside doing that.

Must be a quirky record though… 5 games into a season and done a double and been doubled! :lol:

Good to see Moore actually angry rather than how he was last season, got to up there with one of the worst results we’ve had at this level with the Lincoln 6-2 that but inquest it and hopefully sort it out.

I wouldn't worry about official social media accounts these days. Usually run by young people thinking e-likes are some form of currency.

Tinpot and proud

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow

Sod developing the ground any further thank you very much......it’s a shit hole but it’s our shit hole and we love it :)

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Sod developing the ground any further thank you very much......it’s a shit hole but it’s our shit hole and we love it :)
I get that mate but if you've got aspirations of going higher, unfortunately nowadays people want it to be a comfortable, unobstructed viewing experience, with facilities to match. Gone are the days of the 80s where you'd watch a match in a literal shed. You're competing with the actual lake district on your doorstep for people to experience on a Saturday afternoon.

My view was awful, I mean shocking to the point where a fiver would have been too much. It needs sorting as it's not fair on people who are spending good money to be there.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
Whoever is Bradford's cameraman is needs sacked for being so stupid as to not know how a zoom button works on a camera.

So amateurish.

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
That’s what probably makes it even worse than the Barnsley 7-0 last season in that the squad we had today has zero excuses to put that in, That said it was a bad 15 minutes and when the dust settles aside from that we’ve been decent enough. Connor Hall was a big miss today.

Moore sounded furious and at least apologised which is more than Crosby did.

We’ve got a top three squad on paper but as I have kept saying we’ve got to put that onto the grass and that’s why most Vale fans have had caution in the optimism. It’s far better man for man than the promotion side three years back but it is never that simple, Notts Co went to down to non league when they were seen as league favourites for example so you can’t turn up expecting to waltz it.

We need a big reaction next week against Doncaster or alarm bells will be ringing regarding Moore.
Fair play to your owners for backing him but fuck me a 5 year deal at this level is crazy never going to work.

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
Poor game today don't think Tranmere had a shot on goal after they went 1 up proper shithouse football from them today didn't think they were much better than Swindon or Morecambe being honest but we didn't look like scoring either so can't complain too much and Cameron Norman is still the biggest knob in League 2 don't touch him or he'll act like he's been shot the blokes embarrassing.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Feel a little bit better about the Alex's prospects this season after seeing some of the results today. There looks to be a lot of shit in L2 this season. Like, an awful lot of shit. League looks wide open through the first 3 games, anyone can beat anyone.

We need to learn how to score first before we worry about beating anyone...

Grimsby Road

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
This was a pretty good game for Fleetwood, we dominated possession ( without ever really threatening) and played a lot of good football. Missing Coughlan up front but opportunities for Lonnie Donegan and Mipo to shine .
Gills defended well and finished the slightly stronger of the 2 sides. We've played ,2 of the fancied sides for promotion in the last 8 days and more than stood up to the test
Having seen the game against us and Notts one I was pretty impressed with Fleetwood . Look like you can do the typical league 2 things well and have a few good players . Difficult team to play against going off that small sample size of games . I suppose it will be interesting to see how you do against teams who want less of the ball and the pressure is on you to attack more .

mightyshrimp

Reaction score
Supports
Morecambe
So far we have lost all 3 games 1-0 ,only a silly back pass and a goal keeper error cost us the point yesterday at Doncaster ,I think we are still finding our feet ,just need to get another player in who knows how to score ,I think last season we were very fortunate to have a very attack minded team ,but due to off the field issues we couldn't keep last year's team.I believe that we will start getting the results shortly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
betpaddi

Latest posts

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!