Stickied Transfer Rumours & Confirmed Deals Thread 2024/25

Kenneth E End

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
1.5 Guess that will bw a no from us then
Honestly, we have no reason to sell on the cheap. He had a good season with Barnsley last season with 17 goal contributions… £1.5M in todays market I’d say is a fair price, especially as we paid £500,000 for him straight from the Conference. Not to mention Luton being probably the most financially secure club in the EFL.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Honestly, we have no reason to sell on the cheap. He had a good season with Barnsley last season with 17 goal contributions… £1.5M in todays market I’d say is a fair price, especially as we paid £500,000 for him straight from the Conference. Not to mention Luton being probably the most financially secure club in the EFL.
Not got a problem with you asking 1.5m for him., just no team in league 1 will be paying that for him
He could go out again on loan somewhere or you may get offers from the Championship

I personally do not see this deal or the Dembele one crossing the line

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Surprised Morgan Whittaker is still at Plymouth. Surely Swansea have a massive sell-on, I find it odd that they let him go in the first place.

Seems like Michael Cooper might be off to Sheff Utd. They're starting to do good business, adding him, O'Hare, and Keiffer Moore.
Considering the supposed financial situation at Sheffield United these seem very good signings to me. Unless it’s changed recently and I’m not up to speed I thought they were really up shit creek financially even with parachute payments. Hope they aren’t mortgaging the future on the hope of making the promised land again

Kenneth E End

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Considering the supposed financial situation at Sheffield United these seem very good signings to me. Unless it’s changed recently and I’m not up to speed I thought they were really up shit creek financially even with parachute payments. Hope they aren’t mortgaging the future on the hope of making the promised land again
Not to mention Sam McCallum is also a shrewd defensive signing from Norwich. But they are probably another 5 players short at least and are coming up from a very low base. Cameron Archer is a huge loss at this level (someone who I dare say, we should be looking into ourselves). 11 other players left on 1st July.

In terms of the takeover, it sounds as if it's been going on forever - they weren't even able to offer contracts some weeks ago. And is starting to annoy their rivals as the prospective, mystery owners seem to be getting involved in transfer business despite not owning the club or indeed, passing the O&D Test. The EFL have reminded them [and Birmingham] of their responsibilities.

Kenneth E End

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Surprised Morgan Whittaker is still at Plymouth.
The big transfers won't happen until August... the Euros has just finished. And I include outbounds from ourselves here.

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Not to mention Sam McCallum is also a shrewd defensive signing from Norwich. But they are probably another 5 players short at least and are coming up from a very low base. Cameron Archer is a huge loss at this level (someone who I dare say, we should be looking into ourselves). 11 other players left on 1st July.

In terms of the takeover, it sounds as if it's been going on forever - they weren't even able to offer contracts some weeks ago. And is starting to annoy their rivals as the prospective, mystery owners seem to be getting involved in transfer business despite not owning the club or indeed, passing the O&D Test. The EFL have reminded them [and Birmingham] of their responsibilities.
You know fuck all about it to be honest. A quick check shows they have loaned money from Macquarie bank yet again which will be funding them day to day

Kenneth E End

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
You know fuck all about it to be honest. A quick check shows they have loaned money from Macquarie bank yet again which will be funding them day to day
Tell me what in my post was inaccurate? I don’t profess to know the full story. As for using Macquarie, they are well known to be offering market rates to football clubs.

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Tell me what in my post was inaccurate? I don’t profess to know the full story. As for using Macquarie, they are well known to be offering market rates to football clubs.
They've foresold their parachute payments to Macquarie on an ongoing basis for several years. They are apparently close to a takeover if the local rag is to be believed.

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
Some rumours that Osmajic has put in a transfer request and may be leaving.

I'd be very pissed off with that, he could be a beast under a proper manager.

Hopefully bollocks.

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
One of half a dozen clubs rumoured to be interested in Tyrese Campbell.

Kenneth E End

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
One of half a dozen clubs rumoured to be interested in Tyrese Campbell.
I forgot that he's only 24, but has to be amongst the most frustrating of Championship players. Stoke were probbaly right to release him, but suspect if someone got his head focused, he could be a leading player at this level.

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
I forgot that he's only 24, but has to be amongst the most frustrating of Championship players. Stoke were probbaly right to release him, but suspect if someone got his head focused, he could be a leading player at this level.
He's very erratic and certainly not a finisher but he always causes problems whenever I see him, even if the end product can be lacking.

He'd certainly improve our bench, I'd be fine with bringing him in.

Gerry Gow

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
We’re about to announce the signing of Sinclair Armstrong from QPR. He has similar attributes to Semenyo which we have missed massively to be fair.

Still very young and will only get better.

91SPP

Reaction score
Supports
Derby County
We’re about to announce the signing of Sinclair Armstrong from QPR. He has similar attributes to Semenyo which we have missed massively to be fair.

Still very young and will only get better.

I do wonder if there is a more incorrect, commonly used phrase in football. My experience is that players after breaking through are just as likely to regress than progress - in our case I’d say it’s more 80% that regress unfortunately for us.

It sounds as though we are waiting on Marek Rodak to make a decision which should be this week - honestly not sure where we will go if he doesn’t sign. Leicester playing hardball over Iversen and the other keeper, a Swedish International, we have asked about is going to cost £2.5-3m which is frankly too rich for us.

Fingers crossed we can get Rodak over the line, appease some of the stresses regarding the goalkeeper position.

Also, David Ozoh is set to sign on loan from Palace - not exactly a blue chip Premier League prospect but a player who should be able to contribute when we need him. He’s been and around the Palace first team for the last season and it seems they want him to get some regular football. He does seem to be very similar to Ebou Adams, though, so would guess that he’s going to have it tough earning a place with us too. We will see - a good challenge for him anyway. A lot of ITK talk about Karamoko Dembele being done too, although I’m not too sure - that still seems to be bubbling away for many teams.

Kenneth E End

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Derby should be happy enough if they sign both Dembele and Ozoh. Two young players, but two that are interesting many teams at this level, including Luton who I think were more interested in a permanent deal.

Again, I stress do not want to let young players go. Teams are increasingly hoarding players and tying them down to long contracts just for the purposes of getting big fees in future. So despite having no future at Leicester, Iverson is being held back for this exact reason.

Kenneth E End

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
EFL CHAMPIONSHIP - Summer 2024 Confirmed Transfers
Updated 20 July 2024, additions in red.

Blackburn Rovers: Aodhan Doherty (Linfield, £100,000), Jack Barrett (Everton, free)
Bristol City: Fally Mayulu (Rapid Wien, Free), Yu Hirakawa (Machida Zelvia, Loan), Sinclair Armstrong (QPR, £3.5M)
Burnley: Maxime Esteve (Montpellier, undisclosed), Mike Tresor (Genk, undisclosed), Kamarni Ryan (Arsenal, free), Shurandy Sambo (PSV Eindhoven, free), Lucas Pires (Santos, undisclosed), Andreas Hountondji (Caen, £3.4M), Vaclav Hladky (Ipswich Town free)
Cardiff City: Chris Willock (QPR, free), Calum Chambers (Aston Villa, undisclosed)
Coventry City: Raphael Borges Rodrigues (Macarthur, undisclosed), Luis Binks (Bologna, undisclosed), Jack Rudoni (Huddersfield Town, undisclosed), Oliver Dovin (Hammarby, undisclosed)
Derby County: Corey Blackett-Taylor (Charlton, free), Ben Osborn (Sheffield United, free), Kayden Jackson (Ipswich Town, free), Jerry Yates (Swansea City, loan), Kenzo Goudmijn (AZ Alkmaar, undisclosed), Ebou Adams (Cardiff, undisclosed)
Hull City: Ryan Giles (Luton Town, £4.25M)
Leeds United: Joe Rodon (Tottenham Hotspur, £10M), Joe Rothwell (AFC Bournemouth, loan), Jayden Bogle (Sheffield United, £5M)
Luton Town: Shandon Baptiste (Brentford, free), Reuell Walters (Arsenal, free)
Middlesbrough: Luke Ayling (Leeds, free), Delano Burgzorg (Mainz, undisclosed).
Millwall: Macaulay Langstaff (Notts County, £700,000), Japhet Tanganga (Tottenham Hotspur, free), Lukas Jensen (Lincoln City, undisclosed), Shaun Hutchinson (unattached)
Norwich City: Jose Cordoba (Levski Sofia, undisclosed).
Oxford United: Jacob Knightbridge (West Ham, free), Will Vaulks (Sheffield Wednesday, free), Peter Kioso (Rotherham, undisclosed), Jamie Cumming (Chelsea, undisclosed), Louie Sibley (Derby County, free), Jack Currie (AFC Wimbledon, undisclosed), Idris El Mizouni (Ipswich Town, £400,000), Przemyslaw Placheta (Swansea City, free)
Plymouth Argyle: Nathanael Ogbeta (Swansea, free), Darko Gyabi (Leeds United, loan), Muhamed Tijani (Slavia Praha, loan)
Portsmouth: Reuben Swann (Sudbury, undisclosed), Josh Murphy (Oxford, free), Jordan Williams (Barnsley, free), Jordan Archer (QPR, free), Sammy Silvera (Middlesbrough, loan)
Preston North End: Sam Greenwood (Leeds United, loan), Stefan Teitur Thordason (Silkeborg, undisclosed)
Queens Park Rangers: Daniel Bennie (Perth Glory, free), Jack McDowell (Aston Villa, free), Kieran Morgan (Tottenham, free), Rohan Vaughan (Burnley, free), Rocco Friel (Hearts, free), Paul Nardi (Gent, free), Liam Morrison (Bayern Munich, undisclosed), Hevertton Santos (Estrela de Amadora, free), Zan Celar (Lugano, undisclosed)
Sheffield United: Jamie Shackleton (Leeds United, free), Sam McCallum (Norwich City, free), Kieffer Moore (AFC Bournemouth, undisclosed), Callum O'Hare (Coventry City, free)
Sheffield Wednesday: Ben Hamer (Watford, free), Max Lowe (Sheffield United, free), Svante Ingelsson (Hansa Rostock, Free), Olak Kobacki (Arka Gdynia, Undisclosed), James Beadle (Brighton & Hove Albion, loan), Charlie McNeill (Manchester United, free), Nathaniel Chalobah (West Bromwich Albion, free)
Stoke City: Viktor Johansson (Rotherham, undisclosed), Ben Gibson (Norwich, free), Eric Bocat (Sint-Truiden, undisclosed).
Sunderland: Simon Moore (Coventry, free), Alan Browne (Preston North End, free)
Swansea City: Goncalo Franco (Moreiresen, undisclosed), Eom Ji-Sung (Gwangju FC, undisclosed)
Watford: Mamadou Doumbia (Black Stars, undisclosed), Jonathan Bond (Unattached), Rocco Vata (Celtic, development fee), Moussa Sissoko (Nantes, free)
West Bromwich Albion: Ousmane Diakite (Hartberg, undisclosed), Torbjorn Heggem (Brommapojkarna, undisclosed)

91SPP

Reaction score
Supports
Derby County
Ozoh has since (not officially) been confirmed by numerous sources and gets started tomorrow. Assume we will hear more about Dembele & Rodak this week and perhaps make plans to move on if they aren't progressing.

We have a lot of work still to do - I get the feeling the club are concerned about the goalkeeper situation since we only have one on the books. Jack Thompson may even be on the bench for the first game, which would be a great story for him since he's a massive Derby fan, but not ideal considering he's still 17.

Warne very open in suggesting that he wants: a couple of goalkeepers, a quick centre back, left back, a couple of midfielders, a winger & a number nine.

I know that a lot of our searches are for players overseas so maybe we'll not hear names until very close to the deal but there aren't many links. Latest one to John McAtee at Luton but doesn't fit the above list so can only assume it's not right.

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Apparently Ugbo close to signing and have met with Poveda and Dembele too

nelsonpfc

Reaction score
Supports
Pompey
Close to signing another Aussie in Jarred Farrell from Central Coast. Apparently on the verge of the national side. Played with Sammy Silvera who we have on loan from Middlesbrough. All action LB, 21. We're liking the aussie market

Super_horns

Reaction score
Supports
WATFORD
First loan signing from Udinese ( I know )

Young defender probably to replace Hoedt who might get be off to Turkey .

Be a big blow if he leaves .

Fear for us next season .

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Burrows from Peterborough apparently the next one in at Sheffield United. Much sought after at this level I think so that’s a big signing for them I think.

91SPP

Reaction score
Supports
Derby County
It sounds like we have our goalkeeper - Jacob Widell Zetterstrom who is flying in from Sweden and should be completed by the end of the week.

I really like this signing. A keeper at a good age, Swedish international and despite the talk of £2.5-3m as the fee - the initial fee is below £1m.

Not an experienced player which is a concern, but obviously a lot work has gone into finding a player who can have a big impact and statistically he’s a no brainer - by many metrics the highest rated goalkeeper in Allsvenskan and a dominating physical presence. Injuries and footwork issues, not withstanding, it looks like we have a guy!

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
Ilay Camara rumours have resurfaced. 21yr old attacking wingback from Molenbeek in Belgium. €2.5m has been mentioned.

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Poveda joins Sunderland.

If they can get him fit and keep him fit he will do a reyt job up there. 4 year deal was a bit rich for our tastes

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
We were supposedly interested in Isaac Price from Standard Liege but our interest cooled when Thordarson became available (cheaper). West Brom in pole position to sign Price now.

91SPP

Reaction score
Supports
Derby County
Poveda joins Sunderland.

If they can get him fit and keep him fit he will do a reyt job up there. 4 year deal was a bit rich for our tastes

Ian Poveda has one hell of a marketing team considering how much I’ve heard the c***’s name over the past 6 weeks and his best season equates to 2 goals in 24 games for a relegated Blackpool side. I’ve never watched him play but looking at the numbers - 24 years old, 69 league games and 3 goals for an attacking player?

Numbers like that should see him scrubbing out dirty wheelie bins for the council not four year contracts at the best supported club in the Championship.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Ian Poveda has one hell of a marketing team considering how much I’ve heard the c***’s name over the past 6 weeks and his best season equates to 2 goals in 24 games for a relegated Blackpool side. I’ve never watched him play but looking at the numbers - 24 years old, 69 league games and 3 goals for an attacking player?

Numbers like that should see him scrubbing out dirty wheelie bins for the council not four year contracts at the best supported club in the Championship.
Are you hearing anything over there concerning Sheehan............Left out last night in our pre-season game
Evatt said not injury related

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Not a rumour but I’m detecting a slight bit of discontent on lack of activity from a few people- few things like lack of ambition being thrown around which I think is a little unfair but I can see the view. Personally think we’ve got ourselves in some awkward situations with the squad management in terms of age and contract situation - plus it’s quite top heavy with attackers at this moment.

Taking a step back we probably haven’t lost as many as we thought and the rumours about the likes of Doughty, Adebayo, Mengi haven’t yet materialised. However we’ve also lost the starting midfield (and arguably best players) from last season and a number of players still seemingly long termed injured - so things are looking a bit thin especially in central midfield and defence so you can see why people are beginning to get slightly twitchy - with eyes on the fact we didn’t really go all out in January and the parachute payment money is burning a whole in a few people’s pockets I think

Interesting to see how it shakes out really, think we do need some genuine quality additions especially in midfield and centre half but that might be awkward with the squad limits

91SPP

Reaction score
Supports
Derby County
Are you hearing anything over there concerning Sheehan............Left out last night in our pre-season game
Evatt said not injury related

I've seen that a few times today, but I personally don't think it makes sense for us. I know Warne appreciates him as a player, he was highlighted and targeted at our game late in the season, but he doesn't fit the profile of player we have been after - and given our recruitment so far then we would only really be in the market for a more attacking central midfielder I would imagine.

He's a really good player though, excellent footballer, so would take him in a heartbeat but just feel it's not a fit or a priority.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spireitelass97

Latest posts

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!