2024/25 League Prediction Thread

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Bullshitted my way through that list. Been giving it the big build up but dawned on me I actually knew fuck all. Very unlike me.

RavenBish

Antihero
Reaction score
Supports
Shola Ameobi's Notts County
1. MK Dons - echo some concerns about Williamson but feel like they should have probably gone up last season in the playoffs and have no strengthened further
2. Port Vale - squad is too strong not to finish top 3 imo unless there’s a relegation hangover
3. Donny - finished strongly last season, no reason to doubt they won’t start in that way
4. Gillingham - I find 4th down really hard, think Gills can just be solid and sustain that over a season and will be there or thereabouts
5. Carlisle - ignoring the doom and gloom from their fans on here. I think a hangover from relegation (a really bad relegation) is likely but it’s just another strong squad on paper, where even if they underachieve, I still think it’s a top 7 finish
6. Chesterfield - not convinced they’re the contenders the bookies think they are, but maybe I’m going too much off how Notts found the step up (Wrexham and Stockport clearly outliers). Momentum, continuity, decent players etc… though should still see them at the top end of the table
7. Bradford - maybe? I’m not impressed with them on paper but surely they’re going to be more competitive
8. Colchester - I too irrationally just think the Cowleys will get them into an irritating playoff battle on pure vibes and shithousing
9. Tranmere - surprise package, due a good season
10. Notts - Maynard sacked in November and a late surge to narrowly miss the playoffs or something. I think we’re ok not great at the moment with some standout players who can carry us to results
11. Wimbledon - solid
12. Swindon - surprise, been quite impressed by their signings
13. Walsall - eh
14. Salford - settling into life as a middling League 2 side
15. Crewe - maybe a bit harsh, I think they could finish anywhere between 6th and 16th
16. Barrow - hard to tell without empirical evidence on just how integral Wild was
17. Bromley - you’re all going to hate these playing these lot as much as we did in National League
18. Grimsby - I can’t see them being that bad again but there doesn’t seem much to be positive about either
19. Fleetwood - forgot about them, and for that reason alone
20. Cheltenham - are the teams coming down as bad as they look? Surely not
21. Accrington - Chairman is a weirdo, surely that results in some on-pitch chaos at some point soon
22. Morecambe - look like the Crawley of this season with all the players they lost but would bank on a different outcome
23. Harrogate - this feels due in some way
24. Newport - I’m not sure they’re worse than the 2-3 teams above but manager situation is weird enough to count it against them

I’ll be honest, felt great after the first 3 then just had to blag the rest with a cursory glance at the squads on Wikipedia

Randolph Haggerty

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I’m pretty sure I got zero right last year, but I wasn’t far off with vale.
Lots of great predictions with added thoughts.
I know only what you lot write on here about league2 .
I’m hoping my lot shake off that vibe we had all last year and not play many of the losers that got us in this position.
Cheltenham would’ve been my pick to go up had they kept Clarke.
They haven’t.
They’ll struggle.
Swindon and Fleetwood are my wild cards.
The rest is a crap shoot.
Having kept abreast the transfer thread there’s some right old shite sloshing about down here.
Any way..
1. Gills
2. Donnie
3. MK
4. Swindon
5. Chesterfield
6. Fleetwood
7. Vale
8. Bradford
9. Crewe
10. Salford
11. Walsall
12. Wimbledon
13. Tranmere
14. Notts
15. Carlisle
16. Colch
17. Harrogate
18. Cheltenham
19. Accy
20. Morecambe
21. Barrow
22. Grimsby
23. Newport
24. Bromley

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I’m pretty sure I got zero right last year, but I wasn’t far off with vale.
Lots of great predictions with added thoughts.
I know only what you lot write on here about league2 .
I’m hoping my lot shake off that vibe we had all last year and not play many of the losers that got us in this position.
Cheltenham would’ve been my pick to go up had they kept Clarke.
They haven’t.
They’ll struggle.
Swindon and Fleetwood are my wild cards.
The rest is a crap shoot.
Having kept abreast the transfer thread there’s some right old shite sloshing about down here.
Any way..
1. Gills
2. Donnie
3. MK
4. Swindon
5. Chesterfield
6. Fleetwood
7. Vale
8. Bradford
9. Crewe
10. Salford
11. Walsall
12. Wimbledon
13. Tranmere
14. Notts
15. Carlisle
16. Colch
17. Harrogate
18. Cheltenham
19. Accy
20. Morecambe
21. Barrow
22. Grimsby
23. Newport
24. Bromley
Not another Swindon play off semi final!

Grimsby Road

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
1. MK Dons - echo some concerns about Williamson but feel like they should have probably gone up last season in the playoffs and have no strengthened further
2. Port Vale - squad is too strong not to finish top 3 imo unless there’s a relegation hangover
3. Donny - finished strongly last season, no reason to doubt they won’t start in that way
4. Gillingham - I find 4th down really hard, think Gills can just be solid and sustain that over a season and will be there or thereabouts
5. Carlisle - ignoring the doom and gloom from their fans on here. I think a hangover from relegation (a really bad relegation) is likely but it’s just another strong squad on paper, where even if they underachieve, I still think it’s a top 7 finish
6. Chesterfield - not convinced they’re the contenders the bookies think they are, but maybe I’m going too much off how Notts found the step up (Wrexham and Stockport clearly outliers). Momentum, continuity, decent players etc… though should still see them at the top end of the table
7. Bradford - maybe? I’m not impressed with them on paper but surely they’re going to be more competitive
8. Colchester - I too irrationally just think the Cowleys will get them into an irritating playoff battle on pure vibes and shithousing
9. Tranmere - surprise package, due a good season
10. Notts - Maynard sacked in November and a late surge to narrowly miss the playoffs or something. I think we’re ok not great at the moment with some standout players who can carry us to results
11. Wimbledon - solid
12. Swindon - surprise, been quite impressed by their signings
13. Walsall - eh
14. Salford - settling into life as a middling League 2 side
15. Crewe - maybe a bit harsh, I think they could finish anywhere between 6th and 16th
16. Barrow - hard to tell without empirical evidence on just how integral Wild was
17. Bromley - you’re all going to hate these playing these lot as much as we did in National League
18. Grimsby - I can’t see them being that bad again but there doesn’t seem much to be positive about either
19. Fleetwood - forgot about them, and for that reason alone
20. Cheltenham - are the teams coming down as bad as they look? Surely not
21. Accrington - Chairman is a weirdo, surely that results in some on-pitch chaos at some point soon
22. Morecambe - look like the Crawley of this season with all the players they lost but would bank on a different outcome
23. Harrogate - this feels due in some way
24. Newport - I’m not sure they’re worse than the 2-3 teams above but manager situation is weird enough to count it against them

I’ll be honest, felt great after the first 3 then just had to blag the rest with a cursory glance at the squads on Wikipedia
Notts seem to be wildly ranged in predictions from top 3 to relegation candidates even on your own forum . You think Langstaff will be a massive miss or will it make you a better team if that makes sense . Maynard is like Artell in that It's probably vital you get off to a decent start as there isn't much credit in the bank snd i suspect things could turn toxic relatively quickly .

Optipez

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
1. MK Dons. Good manager, good squad, not far away last season.
2. Port Vale. Moore and money should get them straight back.
3. Gillingham. If they score a few more and remain as good in defence think they'll get there.
4. Wimbledon. I think they'll improve on last season.
5. Bradford. Bad as they were last year, they still weren't miles away at the end.
6.Doncaster. Think they'll start better and maintain form.
7. Salford. Money and Robinson should get them into the playoffs.
8. Chesterfield. Quite an old squad, think they'll fade after a good start.
9. Notts. Two manager season, finish better than we start. Hope I'm wrong and Maynard smashes it.
10.Walsall. Decent but not playoffs.
11. Crewe. Lost a lot of goals from last season's team.
12. Tranmere. Better season but a bit short of playoffs.
13. Swindon. They're due a good season, biggish club but not sure they'll be great.
14. Carlisle. Despite the big names not sure they're going to go that well.
15. Cheltenham. Know very little about their saquad so could be miles off.
16. Colchester. Cowley Bros may perhaps hit the wall.
17. Bromley. Woodman will keep them safe.
18. Grimsby. Think they will be safe enough without having a play-off push.
19. Newport. Think they'll stay up but be in the bottom third.
20. Harrogate. They'll spend enough to stay up.
21. Fleetwood. Don't think they'll pull any trees up.
22. Barrow. Think losing Wild is a major blow.
23.Morecambe. Not sure they can keep defying gravity with their finance issues.
24. Accrington. Massive over achievers to stay in L2, think this season could be a bridge too far.

Absolute clueless punt on all of it. Do fancy Dons and Gills though. Top three harder to predict than last season.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
dawned on me I actually knew fuck all.
1722568730996.gif

Crewelad87

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Can't remember if I've done one, and can't be bother looking through, so I will do one now and this can be my true prediction.

1. MK Dons
2. Doncaster Rovers
3. Port Vale
------------------------------
4. Chesterfield
5. Carlisle Utd
6. Gillingham
7. AFC Wimbledon
---------------------------------
8. Bradford City
9. Crewe Alexandra
10. Notts County
11. Tranmere Rovers
12. Swindon Town
13. Walsall
14. Fleetwood Town
15. Colchester Utd
16. Salford City
17. Bromley
18. Newport County
19. Barrow
20. Grimsby
21. Cheltenham
22. Harrogate
---------------------------------------------
23. Accrington Stanley
24. Morecambe

Ainsty

Reaction score
Supports
Harrogate
1. MK Dons
2. Doncaster Rovers
3. Port Vale
4. Chesterfield
5. Carlisle United
6. Gillingham
7. AFC Wimbledon
8. Colchester United
9. Notts County
10. Crewe Alexandra
11. Salford City
12. Bradford City
13. Walsall
14. Fleetwood Town
15. Tranmere Rovers
16. Swindon
17. Cheltenham Town
18. Harrogate Town
19. Barrow
20. Grimsby Town
21. Bromley
22. Newport County
23. Accrington Stanley
24. Morecambe

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Notts seem to be wildly ranged in predictions from top 3 to relegation candidates even on your own forum . You think Langstaff will be a massive miss or will it make you a better team if that makes sense . Maynard is like Artell in that It's probably vital you get off to a decent start as there isn't much credit in the bank snd i suspect things could turn toxic relatively quickly .

I think that’s basically where we are - we could do absolutely anything this season. Manager has convinced absolutely no one, but there was enough extenuating circumstances last season that you can’t be completely sure. A completely new goalkeeper and defence, our best midfielder coming off the back of an ACL so there’s no telling whether he’ll just slot back in or have lost something, a first choice striker who’s only played 10 games in English football but merrily rattled along at not far off a goal every 90 mins in those games.

Basically the only known with us is that Jones and Crowley are outstanding and as good as anything in the division. Beyond that we are very, very hard to predict.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I think playoffs is about right. I think we'll have a slow start and people will lose their shit but then the quality we have signed should come to the fore. Very few relegated teams bounce straight back. Plus, there are question marks over the manager for me....some of his calls towards the end of last season was a right shitshow. We really shouldn't have been relegated considering our run in.

Think Chesterfield might join us in the playoffs. Good manager, but aging side and it's difficult to get promoted 2 years on the bounce.

Expect MK dons to be in top 3 and probably Donny although they had a bit of a freak second half to the season, so remains to be seen whether they can maintain that.

Gillingham, Notts County, Carlisle and possibly Tranmere as dark horses. There's been some pretty shite signings in the division as a whole to be honest...some teams seem to have downgraded from last season.

TheEndIsNigh

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
1. MK Dons
2. Chesterfield
3. Donny
4. Port Vale
5. Gillingham
6. Bradford
7. Carlisle
8. Tranmere
9. Colchester
10. Wimbledon
11. Walsall
12. Salford
13. Carlisle
14. Barrow
15. Cheltenham
16. Bromley
17. Notts
18. Swindon
19. Newport
20. Accy
21. Grimsby
22. Fleetwood
23. Morecambe
24. Harrogate

Top 6 not at all obvious (is it ever in league 2) but gotta put the big spenders and those who finished well near the top. I think Col U and Tranny may well go closer cos they’ve got good managers. Cook as well is too canny to make the same mistakes we made last season.

Optipez

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
1. MK Dons
2. Chesterfield
3. Donny
4. Port Vale
5. Gillingham
6. Bradford
7. Carlisle
8. Tranmere
9. Colchester
10. Wimbledon
11. Walsall
12. Salford
13. Carlisle
14. Barrow
15. Cheltenham
16. Bromley
17. Notts
18. Swindon
19. Newport
20. Accy
21. Grimsby
22. Fleetwood
23. Morecambe
24. Harrogate

Top 6 not at all obvious (is it ever in league 2) but gotta put the big spenders and those who finished well near the top. I think Col U and Tranny may well go closer cos they’ve got good managers. Cook as well is too canny to make the same mistakes we made last season.
If we finish below Bromley and Barrow with all our advantages we need a serious word with the recruitment and coaching staff.

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
We won't finish 17th. It's just a bit of pre season hysteria because we sold the league's top scorer who let's be honest if he had stayed would likely had repeated the feat. So some justification but still .....

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I think we're definitely going to start slowly. 3 or 4 of our probable first team have hardly played preseason and Byers hasn't played at all. Stockley not played since very early on. First choice right back definitely out for a bit and the replacement is an awful defender. We're going to be a bit patched up until probably September at the earliest.

TheEndIsNigh

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
We won't finish 17th. It's just a bit of pre season hysteria because we sold the league's top scorer who let's be honest if he had stayed would likely had repeated the feat. So some justification but still .....

A pre season prediction of lower mid tableish counts as hysteria? Bugger all to do with Macca leaving(and we did finish only 14th with him) it’s more to do with Maynard.

Fuckin ell mate we were favourites to win this league a few years ago and we ended up getting relegated.

lordofthepies

A shit Martino
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Twitter
@aitchyrobinson
1. MK Dons
2. Chesterfield
3. Donny
4. Port Vale
5. Gillingham
6. Bradford
7. Carlisle
8. Tranmere
9. Colchester
10. Wimbledon
11. Walsall
12. Salford
13. Carlisle
14. Barrow
15. Cheltenham
16. Bromley
17. Notts
18. Swindon
19. Newport
20. Accy
21. Grimsby
22. Fleetwood
23. Morecambe
24. Harrogate

Which Carlisle was meant to be Crewe?

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
A pre season prediction of lower mid tableish counts as hysteria? Bugger all to do with Macca leaving(and we did finish only 14th with him) it’s more to do with Maynard.

Fuckin ell mate we were favourites to win this league a few years ago and we ended up getting relegated.

It has nothing to do with the league's top scorer leaving? You need to take a look at the plethora of comments on the clubs unofficial message board before and after that big sale. The fans fickle barometer swung big time. Now perceived good off-season business has become really poor recruitment and that has nothing to do with Maynard allegedly.

Not sure what that past season has got to do with it? The owner then versus the owners now couldn't be any more contrasting in almost every aspect. Thank god.

TheEndIsNigh

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
It has nothing to do with the league's top scorer leaving? You need to take a look at the plethora of comments on the clubs unofficial message board before and after that big sale. The fans fickle barometer swung big time. Now perceived good off-season business has become really poor recruitment and that has nothing to do with Maynard allegedly.

Not sure what that past season has got to do with it? The owner then versus the owners now couldn't be any more contrasting in almost every aspect. Thank god.
Bloody ell I’m not pretending my football knowledge is great but I’ve never had anyone get stuck in about something that hasn’t happened yet! The owners haven’t started coaching or playing football yet have they?

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
Bloody ell I’m not pretending my football knowledge is great but I’ve never had anyone get stuck in about something that hasn’t happened yet! The owners haven’t started coaching or playing football yet have they?

No the owners just have the ultimate say on who coaches the players and who decides who we sign, sell and let go. So no biggie, not important at all :lol:

There is a website called Notts County MAD it is going to blow your mind when you read the strong and side ranging conclusions already reached by some armchair experts.

TheEndIsNigh

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
This is one of the weirdest interactions I’ve ever had. I’m really genuinely sorry my prediction of 17th for us has upset you so much. If I swap us and Salford around, will that make you feel better?

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
Upset? :dk:

All I said was that we wouldn't finish 17th. I think you've misinterpreted chap. I predicted 15th chap based on natural concerns over the coach and the loss of the league's best goalscorer amongst other reasons.

Pre sale I had us about 10th.

Agree I'm equally confused by some of your comments so best :gmc:

Tinpot and proud

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow
If we finish below Bromley and Barrow with all our advantages we need a serious word with the recruitment and coaching staff.
To Finnish above Barra this season it means you will be automatics.....so well done you guys we have a far superior squad and better balance than last season .....I’m telling you now, get 50p thrown on them.

GFC4EVA

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
1. MK Dons
2. Port Vale
3. Gillingham
4. Doncaster
5. AFC Wimbledon
6. Chesterfield
7. Notts County
8. Carlisle
9. Bradford
10. Crewe
11. Tranmere
12. Walsall
13. Fleetwood
14. Barrow
15. Salford
16. Swindon
17. Cheltenham
18. Bromley
19. Grimsby
20. Colchester
21. Harrogate
22.Morecambe
23. Newport
24.Accrington

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Notts fans infighting. I'd call for calm. If this Simon Maynard is as shit as you and I all all think he is, there will be plenty of people wanting the Notts job.

Over half the clubs in the league will change their manager during the season, people will look a lot different come May.

TheEndIsNigh

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County

Yeah. I don’t know so much about Barrow, but I think Woodman is entirely capable of reproducing what he did season after season in the National league. Would probably be inclined to put them a bit higher if my life depended on it.

Jimmy Anderson

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton Wanderers
1st mk Dons
2nd Doncaster
3rd Bradford
4th Gillingham
5th Swindon
6th Crewe
7th Wimbledon
8th notts county
9th chesterfield
10th carlise
11th port vale
12th Tranmere
13th Walsall
14th Newport
15th Grimsby
16th barrow
17th Colchester
18th Cheltenham
19th Harrogate
20th Fleetwood
21st Salford
22nd Bromley
23rd Accrington
24th Morecambe

TheEndIsNigh

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
Upset? :dk:

All I said was that we wouldn't finish 17th. I think you've misinterpreted chap. I predicted 15th chap based on natural concerns over the coach and the loss of the league's best goalscorer amongst other reasons.

Pre sale I had us about 10th.

Agree I'm equally confused by some of your comments so best :gmc:

I don’t really see what’s confusing or hysterical about saying we’ll finish 17th because I think the coach is crap, especially if you’ve said we’ll finish 15 th…

Obviously Macca leaving doesn’t help when we haven’t got a replacement so far, but I don’t think I’d be much more optimistic if he was still here.

True we can get rid of Maynard but a) they’ve already said they’re very confident in him and b)it’s much harder to appoint a successful coach in the EFL than the NL especially when we rightly insist on playing a certain way.

Gab Sutton whatever you think of him has us finishing 2nd which I can see the case for, I just think it’s much less likely.

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
Oh we are talking about this, ok.

I was confused by:

"Fuckin ell mate we were favourites to win this league a few years ago and we ended up getting relegated" didn't get the relevance to the topic..

"Bloody ell I’m not pretending my football knowledge is great but I’ve never had anyone get stuck in about something that hasn’t happened yet! The owners haven’t started coaching or playing football yet have they?" Tbh I just didn't really understand.

If you give NCM a look the tone prior to Macca leaving and afterwards and the league finish predictions from us fans changed markedly. Maynard was the head coach throughout both periods so no change there.

Let's be honest us Notts fans have no idea we have far too many unknowns going into this season including the head coach, the new defence, the midfield oh and the attack.

Thankfully outside expert from L1 NW has spoken and you have to listen and take note.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
betpaddi

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!