Matchday thread 19th March

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
FrankTheTank, post: 370095, member: 2319"]Well you wouldn't .. given you were in Grimsby, but I guess they were on Merseyside today in the early game. Odd seeing it drive by conference fans in what is not a very posh area.
Hehe I've been in a silly mood all day lol!

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
hmmmm - yep stop whining FGR - you couldn't win at Barrow 11 on 11 with a 2 goal start....
(Tranmere fans please don't comment about your game here :err: )

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
When it comes to listing the referee's every failing, you know the real reason your team didn't win is because you were crap.
For the record, FGR were pretty dirty, not at all exciting and resorted to a bit of time-wasting at our place the other week.

Didn't go to our game today as there are better options on a sunny Saturday than watching 11 men carry out an exercise in getting 90 minutes closer to the summer holidays. Reading the reports it sounded dull as dishwater, but at least we achieved our aim of crossing another match off the fixture list.

It was "dull as dishwater" you didn't miss much

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
From the description of FGR's performance today it sounds very much like that of Dover! Second only in the falling over, rolling around on the floor, feigning injury, surrounding the referee at every opportunity and time wasting to their very close cousins - Braintree. The sad thing is if they concentrated on playing football they could actually be quite good at it.
How on earth have we managed to stay cemented in 18th place for about six months?
Dover were like that at our place too. Braintree however were probably the best footballing side to come to PP thus far and played us off the park, legitimately.

Delighted to see Alty pull their fingers out and make a fight of it.
If the rest of you could do your bit and make sure Boring Wood don't get any more points this season please - you know it makes sense!
Whatever the off-field issues which make them so unpopular, Boreham Wood do at least try to play something approaching football unlike the other moneybags sides.

Just wondering if any Tranmere or FGR fans could give their views on todays match please.
Stuff like what sort of football each team played, was it played in good spirit, how good was the ref, any particularly bad fouls, etc.......
Cheers.
Forest Green are all cheating cnuts.
Dontcha know we're all Grimsby or Cheltenham fans now our play-off prospects are near dead.

Reginald Fodstain

Not Scouse
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Well you wouldn't .. given you were in Grimsby, but I guess they were on Merseyside today in the early game. Odd seeing it drive by conference fans in what is not a very posh area.
Don't get many Vauxhall Astras in Nailsworth I take it then..?

Tom Fgr

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
No it`s a bitter response to seeing our team get kicked and elbowed for 87 minutes by a bunch of talentless thugs a decent referee would have reduced to 7 men by full time. Here`s a list what should have been red cards:

Marsh-Brown`s elbow on Matty Hill in the first half. Since when has a blatant elbow to the head been a yellow card? It`s a straight red as far as I know

Bennett`s elbow on Jake Kirkby. Bennett who was already on a yellow got away with that by running away from the incident rubbing his head, screaming for the trainer like a girl. If it was a clash of heads as indicated by the clown with the whistle (I will not call Mr. Busby a referee because he will never be one of those in a thousand years and that is coming from somebody those opinion of officials in this League is beyond contempt) how come he gave us a free kick.

John Parkin`s obvious stamp on Norwood`s arm following a Tranmere corner, something seen by most of the crowd which resulted in Gary Fletcher Taylor losing it in no uncertain terms as Parkin ran as fast as he could towards the half way line. Surprise Surprise this was not seen by the obviously short sighted Mr Busby

All three of those should have resulted in an early bath, on top of the one rightly awarded to Carter, and if your poxy little club in the middle of nowhere with laughable support (congrats on being one of the 112 FGR fans at the game today. That`s a huge following for you isn`t it ? Quite obviously the prospect of visiting a proper ground swelled your ranks from the usual double figures) ever make it to the Football League, and I for one sincerely hope you never do, I think you will find that you will not get away with the sort of out and out thuggery, not to mention the play acting and time wasting which seems to be the norm with some of the bank rolled clubs in this League (Yes I`m talking about you Eastleigh and Dover) we had the misfortune to witness today you will find yourselves playing with 10 or even less men on a regular basis.

Wheres the need for slagging off our away support?

It's all well and good having a decent sized ground. But when there's 10,000 empty seats it barely makes for a good atmosphere.

FGRJC

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
No it`s a bitter response to seeing our team get kicked and elbowed for 87 minutes by a bunch of talentless thugs a decent referee would have reduced to 7 men by full time. Here`s a list what should have been red cards:

Marsh-Brown`s elbow on Matty Hill in the first half. Since when has a blatant elbow to the head been a yellow card? It`s a straight red as far as I know

Bennett`s elbow on Jake Kirkby. Bennett who was already on a yellow got away with that by running away from the incident rubbing his head, screaming for the trainer like a girl. If it was a clash of heads as indicated by the clown with the whistle (I will not call Mr. Busby a referee because he will never be one of those in a thousand years and that is coming from somebody those opinion of officials in this League is beyond contempt) how come he gave us a free kick.

John Parkin`s obvious stamp on Norwood`s arm following a Tranmere corner, something seen by most of the crowd which resulted in Gary Fletcher Taylor losing it in no uncertain terms as Parkin ran as fast as he could towards the half way line. Surprise Surprise this was not seen by the obviously short sighted Mr Busby

All three of those should have resulted in an early bath, on top of the one rightly awarded to Carter, and if your poxy little club in the middle of nowhere with laughable support (congrats on being one of the 112 FGR fans at the game today. That`s a huge following for you isn`t it ? Quite obviously the prospect of visiting a proper ground swelled your ranks from the usual double figures) ever make it to the Football League, and I for one sincerely hope you never do, I think you will find that you will not get away with the sort of out and out thuggery, not to mention the play acting and time wasting which seems to be the norm with some of the bank rolled clubs in this League (Yes I`m talking about you Eastleigh and Dover) we had the misfortune to witness today you will find yourselves playing with 10 or even less men on a regular basis.

A Tranmere fan moaning about play acting and cheating when James Norwood plays for his club -_- dear me. If James wasn't such a play acting little tosser he'd have a career in the Football League.

FGRJC

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green

It's all well and good having a decent sized ground. But when there's 10,000 empty seats it barely makes for a good atmosphere.

17 pounds is nearly a months wage there so one game a month is hard to come by!

1884 Belmont

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
A Tranmere fan moaning about play acting and cheating when James Norwood plays for his club -_- dear me. If James wasn't such a play acting little tosser he'd have a career in the Football League.

Seen many Football League games at your place to qualify that opinion? Yourselves and Eastleigh are the very epitome of the phrase "money can't buy you class".
Guess we'll see who the cheats were when the highlights get released...

Back in the DHSS

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
I thought FGR made the game very difficult for the referee to officiate with their constant hounding, time wasting, going to ground, off the ball niggles and constant fouling. In fact Prenton park has rarely seen such bad gamesmanship on such a scale before. It was like something from an Argentina v Uruguay fixture from yesteryear.
FGR got off very lightly with the referee yesterday, I counted 3 straight reds yesterday with Keanu Browns elbow on hill, Parkins stamp on a grounded Norwood and Bennets elbow on Kirby which had that of occurred on a high street on a Saturday night would of got a 2 year prison sentence.
The FGR management staff and players really need to take a long hard look at themselves as they have a top 2 budget in this league and resorting to such antics is just shameful.
The FGR fans I met before the game on the other hand were nicer than your average football fan and pretty knowledgable about the game too, although I do think your better suited to chasing the egg shaped ball in your part of the country as witnessed yesterday!

Reremnart

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers/Pittsburgh Steelers
. In fact Prenton park has rarely seen such bad gamesmanship on such a scale before. It was like something from an Argentina v Uruguay fixture from yesteryear.

Did you go to the Dover and Eastleigh home games? They were exactly the same with Eastleigh being even nastier than the other two, certainly in the gamesmanship department. Funny but aren`t they the three most bank rolled teams in this league. Coincidence ????

Reremnart

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers/Pittsburgh Steelers

Prenton Park was redeveloped when we were in what is now The Championship pressing for the Premier League something you can only dream about just like you can only dream about having 5000 home crowds.. And before you tell me we are not there any more don`t bother. We are were we are due to years of not only lack of investment but seasons of cost cutting by the previous owner and just remember if that happens to you it`s not the fifth level of football you will be in but probably a lot lower down the food chain. If it does will your crowds stay at the current level? I very much doubt it.

Pablosammy

Soowhyarmy
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere

So our ground is, on average, just less than a third full. Funny that - your place holds 5,000 or so and your average crowd is 1,600, which makes it... just less than a third full!

yellow

Reaction score
Supports
Torquay
For what it's worth, I 4-1 thoroughly enjoyed having FGR down here at Plainmoor.

FGRJC

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
For what it's worth, I 4-1 thoroughly enjoyed having FGR down here at Plainmoor.

What were the odds of us beating you at the new lawn? 3-1?? Terrible effort I'm really sorry  :dk::dk::dk:
People need to stop taking what I say in anger or whatever too,

Didn't meet a bad Tranmere fan yesterday, one pushed me through straight to the front of the bar and offered to by me a drink, very nice bunch, stewards were absolute class nothing like the scum at FGR, and if we don't go up would love to go back next year ;)

Agree with most, our football (rugby) is dire and our discipline yesterday was shocking. But Cheltenham obviously want us to win it!:brill:

Pablosammy

Soowhyarmy
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
What were the odds of us beating you at the new lawn? 3-1?? Terrible effort I'm really sorry  :dk::dk::dk:
People need to stop taking what I say in anger or whatever too,

Didn't meet a bad Tranmere fan yesterday, one pushed me through straight to the front of the bar and offered to by me a drink, very nice bunch, stewards were absolute class nothing like the scum at FGR, and if we don't go up would love to go back next year ;)

Agree with most, our football (rugby) is dire and our discipline yesterday was shocking. But Cheltenham obviously want us to win it!:brill:
After all I've said, the FGR fans were great in the beer tent, really nice people. I've got nothing at all against the fans that travelled.

FGR Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers FC
Hoping for a 1-0 win for us and Cheltenham lose or draw. Making my way up now and I've heard Tranmere area is worse than grimsby and Halifax never knew that was possible!! One of the poorest places in England so expect to be treated like royalty!

Absolute baloney.
Tranmere's hospitality is probably better than most other clubs. Their fans and officials are really charming.
I thoroughly enjoyed my trip up there.
Whether they have warm feelings towards us after the game remains to be seen.

Eastleigh Fan

Reaction score
Supports
Eastleigh
Did you go to the Dover and Eastleigh home games? They were exactly the same with Eastleigh being even nastier than the other two, certainly in the gamesmanship department. Funny but aren`t they the three most bank rolled teams in this league. Coincidence ????

Incorrect, they are not the 3 most bankrolled clubs in this league.
Firstly, speaking for Eastleigh, we do not get our money from taking out large bank loans or having huge arranged overdrafts. So we cannot be bankrolled.
Secondly, there are 5 other clubs with bigger budgets than us.
But who gives a fuck, there are about 17 Premier League clubs with bigger budgets than Leicester City. At least 6 with more money than Spurs and maybe about 13 with more money than West Ham. I see no one bleating like babies about that. Opposition managers who know they are failing their clubs and their own budgets, always start to tee up the "money bags clubs" excuses before the game, then when they lose the game, its the very first thing they will come out with. They need to look at their own failings, when they are beaten, not just roll out incorrect facts to deflect the reasons for their losses away from their own shortcomings.
Tranmere are one of the worst at this. Do you really think we have a bigger budget to Tranmere?
Pathetic!

CrazyImp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Twitter
@Sam_LCFC_90
I think this thread is a microcosm of why I probably won't be returning to this forum next season, in all honesty.

Mariner2015

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Guiseley at home were probably the biggest cheats I have seen this season. I don't know if it was a one off that day but their antics when they went 1-0 up were disgusting.

Mariner2015

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Tranmere are one of the worst at this. Do you really think we have a bigger budget to Tranmere?
Pathetic!

The reason Tranmere will have a bigger budget than you will because they have parachute payments, 300k from that lad who went to Wigan and almost treble your average home attendance. I bet your budget is still very close to there's. You don't have Matt Tubbs and James Constable on gates of 1800 when you are not bankrolled by a sugar daddy.

CrazyImp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Twitter
@Sam_LCFC_90
The reason Tranmere will have a bigger budget than you will because they have parachute payments, 300k from that lad who went to Wigan and almost treble your average home attendance. I bet your budget is still very close to there's. You don't have Matt Tubbs and James Constable on gates of 1800 when you are not bankrolled by a sugar daddy.
But it's fine, because they haven't taken out any "loans", therefore they're not bankrolled.

Wink wink.

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN
Incorrect, they are not the 3 most bankrolled clubs in this league.
Firstly, speaking for Eastleigh, we do not get our money from taking out large bank loans or having huge arranged overdrafts. So we cannot be bankrolled.
Secondly, there are 5 other clubs with bigger budgets than us.
But who gives a fuck, there are about 17 Premier League clubs with bigger budgets than Leicester City. At least 6 with more money than Spurs and maybe about 13 with more money than West Ham. I see no one bleating like babies about that. Opposition managers who know they are failing their clubs and their own budgets, always start to tee up the "money bags clubs" excuses before the game, then when they lose the game, its the very first thing they will come out with. They need to look at their own failings, when they are beaten, not just roll out incorrect facts to deflect the reasons for their losses away from their own shortcomings.
Pathetic!
Allow me to enlighten you on the definitions of the term "bankroll". 1- a roll of paper money. 2- to underwrite the costs of a business or an activity.
"Banks" and "loans" have nothing to do with it. I think even you can see how the term is justly applied to mickey mouse clubs like yours and the other Stepford Whores FC outfits who are thus enabled to compete with great and historic football clubs like Grimsby, Halifax, Chester, Wrexham, Lincoln, Torquay, Tranmere and the rest of us. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/bankroll

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN
I thought FGR made the game very difficult for the referee to officiate with their constant hounding, time wasting, going to ground, off the ball niggles and constant fouling. In fact Prenton park has rarely seen such bad gamesmanship on such a scale before. It was like something from an Argentina v Uruguay fixture from yesteryear.
FGR got off very lightly with the referee yesterday, I counted 3 straight reds yesterday with Keanu Browns elbow on hill, Parkins stamp on a grounded Norwood and Bennets elbow on Kirby which had that of occurred on a high street on a Saturday night would of got a 2 year prison sentence.
The FGR management staff and players really need to take a long hard look at themselves as they have a top 2 budget in this league and resorting to such antics is just shameful.
The FGR fans I met before the game on the other hand were nicer than your average football fan and pretty knowledgable about the game too, although I do think your better suited to chasing the egg shaped ball in your part of the country as witnessed yesterday!
There a disgrace, the 3 games at ours with those c*** have all ended in brawls. :£

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazzer

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!