England
1724587503974.png
1724608179936.png

Last edited:

JJ1990

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
Bromley away, feel a little bit more optimistic about away games at the moment as it suits our counter attacking style, but we look so poor going forward, its hard to see where a single goal is coming from, let alone 2 or 3. Can see another defeat to nil.

Scum.

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
Missing from your list of games, we play Salford away live on Sky on Monday (thanks TV scheduling gods for continuing to make it as difficult as possible for away fans).

5+ hour round trip, live on Sky, against our old boss…very like us to bottle it so would gratefully take a point.

Optipez

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
Feeling a lot more optimistic than before the season started. We could arguably have won all three games and reading the comments Swindon aren't playing very well so hoping for the win.
We were atrocious there last time out and dropped out the league on the visit before that so due a change of result.
I won't say luck, you make your own...unless you're Grimsby on a Thursday night when the luck God deserted them entirely.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Well yesterdays result and the fact Donny are one of the big promotion favourites it’s hard to feel overly confident. We’re also usually shite on TV. As it happens yesterday I think was more Barrow were just really good second half so not reading more than that into it despite what some of our more hotheaded fans would have people believe.

My guess is we are going to try and keep it tight as long as possible in the hope of nicking one at some point. Does seem to be Moores modus operandi. Whether it works we’ll see.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Need a massive reaction from yesterday if anything just to settle the fans back down but hopefully it encourages a change in formation to make the best of our qualities, would love to see two up top with Paton playing off Stockley now Stockley is fit and may need to look at the midfield as Garrity and Croasdale isn’t working as a pair despite both individually playing well enough. Assume George Byers will come in mind for this one. Hopefully Connor Hall is back and Nathan Smith is available if we want to change the back line but we are short at wing back.

Tricky game but a chance to put Barrow behind us if we can perform. Need to pick up results at Vale Park after last season.

We’ve a good recent form against Doncaster, scoring three in the last four league games and winning all 4, recall our last meeting at Vale Park where we won 3-0 and their keeper had a worldie such was the way the game went. One of their defenders tried to drag big Uche down and ended up being dragged behind him as he kept going! But feel this will be a much trickier game and will have to be bang on it to get a result.

1-0 il go with in a tight encounter,

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
The return of Flynny to the Bescot fancy us to win this 3-1.

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers, Sporting Leyland
There certainly won’t be any warm messages to Darren from our lot that’s for sure. We haven’t gelled yet, it’s clear Grant still doesn’t know his best 11 so absolutely no idea what to expect. Our away form is pretty dire so I wouldn’t be unhappy to come away with a point

Alfie

Reaction score
Supports
England
Missing from your list of games, we play Salford away live on Sky on Monday (thanks TV scheduling gods for continuing to make it as difficult as possible for away fans).

5+ hour round trip, live on Sky, against our old boss…very like us to bottle it so would gratefully take a point.
Whoops.
Match added to 1st post.
Thanx

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
The return of Flynny to the Bescot fancy us to win this 3-1.
Does the social club still let away fans in?

It's the day after my 40th, so am taking the boy up on the train - his first train away day - and will need a drink once we get to Walsall. Train is due in about 1:30.

As for the game - God knows what to expect. Play like we did yesterday and we'll be battered.

spireite

We used to make shit
Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
One of the more difficult away trips this year for us. I'd take the point now if offered I reckon

RavenBish

Antihero
Reaction score
Supports
Shola Ameobi's Notts County
Would expect a result against Swindon but I’m reminded they have our arch nemesis Harry Smith up front who will almost certainly score.

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
Grimsby away (again) -

Had it not have been for some shocking officiating against Salford t’other week, we’d be sitting top of the league with a 100% record. Subsequently, we find ourselves second in the league on 7 points - can’t grumble.

We’ve already played Grimsby a couple of weeks ago. Both teams will go into this one knowing what to expect, but that being said, we won’t be fielding a weakened starting XI, like we did in the cup. I suppose Grimsby could say the same.

Our fans will be crying into their glasses when they realise GA will go again with the same starting XI (and rightly so). Cries of “GA, doesn’t like giving youth a chance”. “OMG, what does young Bobby have to do to earn a starting place”.

Bobby and Sanderson are proving to be great options from the bench. They’re young lads who need to be protected. Until something goes Pete Tong, I don’t see the point in changing the starting XI.

GK: Sam Walker

CB: Aden Baldwin
CB: Niall Byrne
CB: Cieřan Kelly

RWB: Brad Halliday
LWB: Tyreik Wright

CM: Alex Pattison
CM: Ritchie Smallwood ©️
CM: Antoni Sarcevic

ST: Andy Cook
ST: Calum Kavanagh

Subs:
GK: Colin Doyle
CB: Jack Shepherd
LB: Lewis Richards
AM: Clarke Odour
AM: Jamie Walker
ST: Oli Sanderson
LW: Bobby Pointon

Not to keep reminding Grimsby of this little beauty, but they haven’t beaten us in the league since 17th October 1998. We earned promotion to the Prem that season, so if it means us throwing our winning record against them in return for promotion this season, sobeit.

However, I can see us winning 2-1.

1,200 City

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
Does the social club still let away fans in?

It's the day after my 40th, so am taking the boy up on the train - his first train away day - and will need a drink once we get to Walsall. Train is due in about 1:30.

As for the game - God knows what to expect. Play like we did yesterday and we'll be battered.
It does again now mate yes its been refurbished and is now back open think its 2 quid entrance fee for away fans.
Flynn should get a decent enough welcome most of us liked him here.

LS Bantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
I remember that last loss to Grimsby in ‘98 because it was my 11th birthday, cheers lads.
I’m reasonably confident we’ll at worse draw on Saturday, we’re currently only behind Man City out of everyone in the form guide going back to last season and I think we’ll save our first defeat until the week after when we play Carlisle for their Neanderthal online fan base to cream themselves for weeks over on the Twitter timeline.

Mighty_Bantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
I remember that last loss to Grimsby in ‘98 because it was my 11th birthday, cheers lads.
I’m reasonably confident we’ll at worse draw on Saturday, we’re currently only behind Man City out of everyone in the form guide going back to last season and I think we’ll save our first defeat until the week after when we play Carlisle for their Neanderthal online fan base to cream themselves for weeks over on the Twitter timeline.

No doubt with a Wyke brace and Lewis penalty save.

Mighty_Bantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Grimsby away (again) -

Had it not have been for some shocking officiating against Salford t’other week, we’d be sitting top of the league with a 100% record. Subsequently, we find ourselves second in the league on 7 points - can’t grumble.

We’ve already played Grimsby a couple of weeks ago. Both teams will go into this one knowing what to expect, but that being said, we won’t be fielding a weakened starting XI, like we did in the cup. I suppose Grimsby could say the same.

Our fans will be crying into their glasses when they realise GA will go again with the same starting XI (and rightly so). Cries of “GA, doesn’t like giving youth a chance”. “OMG, what does young Bobby have to do to earn a starting place”.

Bobby and Sanderson are proving to be great options from the bench. They’re young lads who need to be protected. Until something goes Pete Tong, I don’t see the point in changing the starting XI.

Subs:

Not to keep reminding Grimsby of this little beauty, but they haven’t beaten us in the league since 17th October 1998. We earned promotion to the Prem that season, so if it means us throwing our winning record against them in return for promotion this season, sobeit.

1,200 City

Agree with this.

Not sure on the love in for Pointon generally either. He clearly has ability, but he does drift in and out and I'm not convinced he's a starter for a team aspiring to promotion.

WilsdenBantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Agree with this.

Not sure on the love in for Pointon generally either. He clearly has ability, but he does drift in and out and I'm not convinced he's a starter for a team aspiring to promotion.
I think he's great, but it's all about opinions I guess. He's also gotten more positive reviews from opposition fans i.e. Barrow, Swindon and Grimsby fans than any other of our players in recent years, had he been on loan from a higher league club I actually think he'd get far more praise even though some say it works the other way and he gets praise only because he's one of our own. That's nonsense, we've had a number of our own youngsters come through in recent years who fans have turned on quickly. 3 goals in his last 4 appearances, with only 2 starts, I can't remember last time we had that sort of goal scoring threat from midfield/out wide? I'd have him in over Sarc atm who hasn't impressed me one bit, but hopefully he will improve given time. Failing Bobby I'd start Walker, but I'm not convinced he will be here come September.

Mighty_Bantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
I think he's great, but it's all about opinions I guess. He's also gotten more positive reviews from opposition fans i.e. Barrow, Swindon and Grimsby fans than any other of our players in recent years, had he been on loan from a higher league club I actually think he'd get far more praise even though some say it works the other way and he gets praise only because he's one of our own. That's nonsense, we've had a number of our own youngsters come through in recent years who fans have turned on quickly. 3 goals in his last 4 appearances, with only 2 starts, I can't remember last time we had that sort of goal scoring threat from midfield/out wide? I'd have him in over Sarc atm who hasn't impressed me one bit, but hopefully he will improve given time. Failing Bobby I'd start Walker, but I'm not convinced he will be here come September.

Don't get me wrong, he definitely has a future in the game, is worth his place in and around the team and of our recent (see last 25 years) youth candidates he's by far the standout player and already has as many goals as Danny Forest got in 50 games for us. I just think we as a fan base have an uncanny ability to wildly overrate players (not just our own... Reece Burke was going to be a mainstay for England when he was at our place!).

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Bradford's ridiculous record against us continued last season but only because they used up their supply of get out of jail free cards. Surely we get the win this time. A two goal cushion going into the last ten minutes would be nice though.

Hopefully JDS is fit and good to go as I thought he looked lively and well up for it when he came on on Thursday. Him and Vernam could be a real handful for Bradford. I'd have Khouri in that DMC role and put Hume in at LB. McEachran is lucky that there isn't a load of competition for his slot as we he crap in the last match and needs to come out and put a performance in.

Cloudy

Reaction score
Supports
Borrusia
Bradford's ridiculous record against us continued last season but only because they used up their supply of get out of jail free cards. Surely we get the win this time. A two goal cushion going into the last ten minutes would be nice though.

Hopefully JDS is fit and good to go as I thought he looked lively and well up for it when he came on on Thursday. Him and Vernam could be a real handful for Bradford. I'd have Khouri in that DMC role and put Hume in at LB. McEachran is lucky that there isn't a load of competition for his slot as we he crap in the last match and needs to come out and put a performance in.
McEachran, imho, is a footballer playing well below his level.

Last season Bradford deserved diddly squat in the 2 games against GTFC but stole a point on both occasions. I suspect they will be by far the better side and lose on Saturday

BlackHaddock

Reaction score
Supports
The Mighty Mariners
Yes, it's about time we beat the buggers again. Think Bradford will be up there come May, but it's still August at the moment. We still have a few injury worries, but we'll have a full bench unlike the cup match against them two weeks ago.

Grimsby Road

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Grimsby away (again) -

Subs:

1,200 City
remember that game
Grimsby away (again) -

Subs:

1,200 City
That makes for even more depressing reading , I remember that game thought we had a chance of the play-offs that season . It must have been a season or two later you had Big Nev Southall in goals , what a legend .

Youpies

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
Swindon are a bunch of big lads looking for form.

Congratulations on your first league win of the season lads. That is exactly the type of team we struggle against

At the very least you'll score a set piece

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
remember that game

That makes for even more depressing reading , I remember that game thought we had a chance of the play-offs that season . It must have been a season or two later you had Big Nev Southall in goals , what a legend .

Ah, Neville Southall!

It was literally the next season (99-00). Big Nev hadn’t played a game for a couple of months, following his cameo at Chester for Torquay at the end of Jan 2000. Nevertheless, he stood in for Gary Walsh, Matt Clarke and Aiden Davidson - all of whom were injured. I think it was Clarke who fell down some stairs the morning of the game. At home against L**ds, too. Lost 2-1.

Good times.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd

So what? It's only Salford you're playing and even if it was on a Saturday at 3 o'clock they would still only bring around 10 fans with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
betpaddi

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!