DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Chorley were shit against alfreton 2nd half, don't want to talk about it
Sounds like a smash and grab job.

You played like us in our recent games. Loads of chances not taken and then the opposition get one chance and make it count. Tough school.

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Alfreton 4(Robertson pen 10, Jackson 60, Jones 74,79) Hednesford 0

We were fantastic Second half. The movement of Robertson and Jackson was too much for Hednesford who struggled to cope. Roberson looks like a shred signing. 2 goals and an assist in 2 appearances so far.

Thats three wins on the bounce now and its clear the lads are beginning to get accoustomed to what this league is all about. Sam Jones who was felled for the pen and scored a superb brace was rightly given MOTM. His best game in an alfreton shirt by a mile.

Hednesford rarely threathened although Sean Williams did smack the inside of the post with a few minutes left. Bernard McNally looks to have quite thejob on with Hedneford though. They looked extremely ordinary and struggled badly went we got at them.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Trinity's manager got a right hump on in his post match interview. I think he was suggesting that Nuneaton didn't create anything other than the goals and the reporter reeled off various points during the game and Housham wasn't too chuffed with that. :lol:

Greene's under pressure at Boston I think.

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Another early red card (12 minutes in) ruined any chance of a comfortable home win. I suppose considering the circumstances a 1-1 draw and a point is decent enough. The suspensions are now piling up with Rule missing the next 9 games, along with Colley and Ledsham who are yet to start 3 match bans. The biggest miss though is the injured Baggie, who turns us from a solid but very limited team into one that can challenge at the top.

SamScfc

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport
Twitter
@samcharnock94
Getting ridiculous now, we could easily be at least 2nd if it weren't for these daft/little things.

CFC4LIFE

Reaction score
Supports
Chorley FC/ Blackburn Rovers
Or Barrow reserves, as they're known... Only kidding. How are the likes of Guy, Carver and Sheridan getting on? There was a case for them all staying this season. And Bond as well, who we had back on trial but manager didn't feel the need to have a fifth centre mid. Some people reckon we missed a trick - I'm not so sure.
All are playing really well, but unfortunately accy want Carver back so this was his last game today

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Getting ridiculous now, we could easily be at leastwha 2nd if it weren't for these daft/little things.
What is worse for me, is what we need to do (and what I think Young wants to do) is try and improve in the wide areas, and then possibly get another up top, while he tries to get Evans out and probably Gonzales out on loan as well, but with Ledsham, Rule and Robinson all going to be out at the same, instead we will have to bring in central midfielders.

CFC4LIFE

Reaction score
Supports
Sounds like a smash and grab job.

You played like us in our recent games. Loads of chances not taken and then the opposition get one chance and make it count. Tough school.
Apparently your manager was told 3 times to 'keep his mouth shut or get sent off' but at the end, it all kicked off and our physio squirted him with lucozade!

CFC4LIFE

Reaction score
Supports
Chuffed to bits with Chorley's performance against Boston today, outplayed them all game, especially second half!:2thumb::2thumb:
BRING ON STOCKPORT!

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Apparently your manager was told 3 times to 'keep his mouth shut or get sent off' but at the end, it all kicked off and our physio squirted him with lucozade!
Haha. Really?! Pity I missed that. Yes our manager does have a reputation for his expletives on the touch line!

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Chuffed to bits with Chorley's performance against Boston today, outplayed them all game, especially second half!:2thumb::2thumb:
BRING ON STOCKPORT!
Worst home record in the division against 2nd best away record - so of course you will probably win

SamScfc

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport
Twitter
@samcharnock94
What is worse for me, is what we need to do (and what I think Young wants to do) is try and improve in the wide areas, and then possibly get another up top, while he tries to get Evans out and probably Gonzales out on loan as well, but with Ledsham, Rule and Robinson all going to be out at the same, instead we will have to bring in central midfielders.

Just how our luck's going at the minute, I just hope it's not an indication of how our season is going. I don't think width is a problem to be honest, when Baggie and Evans get fully fit, or IF I should say, then we'll be fine, but in the meantime Kirby has done very well and Garvin can play out wide aswell. Plus Morton gets forward from right back aswell.

Our problem is simply goals, Gonzales looks shot on confidence, he runs around a lot and has a few nice touches but I think I've seen him have about 3 shots all season, Odejayi looks like he doesn't even want to score. I just hope we get Dyson back because defensively we look quite good so it's not like we'll have to score over 2 goals to win a game.

Another problem is, on paper this month and a few games next month should have been quite straight forward, this month we should have been looking at 9 points at least but we've ballsed that up with daft red cards and a poor performance against Worcester, now we've got Chorley and inform Alfreton coming up so we have basically wasted what should be a solid month for us.

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Just how our luck's going at the minute, I just hope it's not an indication of how our season is going. I don't think width is a problem to be honest, when Baggie and Evans get fully fit, or IF I should say, then we'll be fine, but in the meantime Kirby has done very well and Garvin can play out wide aswell. Plus Morton gets forward from right back aswell.

Our problem is simply goals, Gonzales looks shot on confidence, he runs around a lot and has a few nice touches but I think I've seen him have about 3 shots all season, Odejayi looks like he doesn't even want to score. I just hope we get Dyson back because defensively we look quite good so it's not like we'll have to score over 2 goals to win a game.

Another problem is, on paper this month and a few games next month should have been quite straight forward, this month we should have been looking at 9 points at least but we've ballsed that up with daft red cards and a poor performance against Worcester, now we've got Chorley and inform Alfreton coming up so we have basically wasted what should be a solid month for us.
Evans hasn't shown anything, the fact that we changed to a 352 formation in a home game against Brackley and left him on the bench, proves that Young doesn't rate him and neither do I. I like Kirby but I think he would be better off playing in central midfield while Rule is out. Garvin definitely deserves a chance, having him and his dead ball delivery in the team should help us with scoring.

SamScfc

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport
Twitter
@samcharnock94
Evans hasn't shown anything, the fact that we changed to a 352 formation in a home game against Brackley and left him on the bench, proves that Young doesn't rate him and neither do I. I like Kirby but I think he would be better off playing in central midfield while Rule is out. Garvin definitely deserves a chance, having him and his dead ball delivery in the team should help us with scoring.

Evans hasn't played that much but at times I think he's done alright and remember he's not been fully fit. Kirby has been good on the wing and is our natural width we have with Baggie out and Evans not fully fit, and he looks too lightweight too play CM, and when he has played there when we've had 10 men he's barely got on the ball and struggled defensively.

I'd like to see something like this while Rule is out

Hurst

Morton - O'Hanlon - Connolly/Thorniley - Roberts

Montrose

Garvin - Ledsham

Kirby Hazeldine/Evans

Odejayi

Can switch to a 4-4-2 with that aswell and then we can fit Robinson in there when he's fully fit. I can see us getting a loan in though.

CFC4LIFE

Reaction score
Supports
Worst home record in the division against 2nd best away record - so of course you will probably win
We have had a bad start at home to be honest but with quite a few players missing for you, so it will be quite a good game! Surely you will do better than home and away against us last season!

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Evans hasn't played that much but at times I think he's done alright and remember he's not been fully fit. Kirby has been good on the wing and is our natural width we have with Baggie out and Evans not fully fit, and he looks too lightweight too play CM, and when he has played there when we've had 10 men he's barely got on the ball and struggled defensively.

I'd like to see something like this while Rule is out

Hurst

Morton - O'Hanlon - Connolly/Thorniley - Roberts

Montrose

Garvin - Ledsham

Kirby Hazeldine/Evans

Odejayi

Can switch to a 4-4-2 with that aswell and then we can fit Robinson in there when he's fully fit. I can see us getting a loan in though.
Sorry but Evans has done absolutely nothing of note, I can't remember a dangerous cross/run/shot including pre season, maybe give him a final chance tomorrow night but I would be skeptical with the way he hid against Worcester (something Young noticed as well). And I certainly wouldn't be putting our new striker, who seems to be just what we need, out wide.
I understand being apprehensive about moving Kirby inside but if it doesn't pay off you can just swap him with Garvin.

Last edited:

SamScfc

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport
Twitter
@samcharnock94
Sorry but Evans has done absolutely nothing of note, I can't remember a dangerous cross/run/shot including pre season, maybe give him a final chance tomorrow night but I would be skeptical with the way he hid against Worcester (something Young noticed as well). And I certainly wouldn't be putting are new striker, who seems to be just what we need, out wide.
I understand being apprehensive about moving Kirby inside but if it doesn't pay off you can just swap him with Garvin.

Yeah I'm not getting my hopes up about Evans but I just think it's unfair to write him off after such few games whilst he's been unfit.

I know it was only pre-season but we looked really good against Halifax when we played 4-2-3-1 with Garvin behind Odejayi

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Yeah I'm not getting my hopes up about Evans but I just think it's unfair to write him off after such few games whilst he's been unfit.

I know it was only pre-season but we looked really good against Halifax when we played 4-2-3-1 with Garvin behind Odejayi
With Baggie out he needs produce, if he can't then we need to get rid ASAP. It may be harsh but if we want promotion we can't afford to be ultra patient. we need to create and score more goals. If only we hadn't missed out on Hughes.

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Alfreton 2 (Wilson 8, Robertson 22) Worcester 1(Hughes 68)

A really eventful and entertaining game at the Impact Arena tonight!!

We are look a shadow of the nervous and edgy side that started the season and are really beginning to build some real momentum with our 4th straight win.

We were absolutely brilliant in the first half and were rampant. Could have been 3 or 4 up and some of the intricate passing was excellent. Ryan Wilsons openng goal was superb, A 30 Yard screamer side footed in to the top corner after allowing the ball to come across his body! Look forward to watching that one on the highlights!

Robertson then doubled the lead with his third in 3 games.

Worcester were then give the chance to get back in to it as the otherwise excellent Heaton fouled Daniel Nti. He then got up and saw his penalty saved by Duke before he contrived to head the rebound over.

Then a real controversial moment as the Worcester Keeper Weston appeared to handle the ball outside the area when coming to collect a long ball under pressure from Robertson. Very similar to the Speiss incident for Torquay in that his momentum seemed to carry him outside the area. No consistency in the decision though as he was only booked

The ref then contrived to completely lose control as he became whistle happy and failed to punish a late challenge on Thanoj which looked a certain red. Worcester did reduce their arrears through the ever dangerous Lee Hughes but Alfreton withstood well to record a well deserved win.

The Ref then somehow added on 6 minutes when 2 were signaled by he fourth official. I have seen some shocking refs in my time but none as abysmal as Ben Cooke. Absolute dickhead.

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
1-0 loss away at Chorley and our season is rapidly going off course.

Down to 14 players for game against Alfreton on Saturday - predicting another loss.

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
1-0 loss away at Chorley and our season is rapidly going off course.

Down to 14 players for game against Alfreton on Saturday - predicting another loss.
Wouldnt expect either side to name the full quota of substitutes then. Our second choice keeper was mysteriously missing last night and Moyo came off injured in the second half.

Think its a good time to playing you. Confident we can chalk up a 5th straight win before the Cup game with Tamworth.

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Wouldnt expect either side to name the full quota of substitutes then. Our second choice keeper was mysteriously missing last night and Moyo came off injured in the second half.

Think its a good time to playing you. Confident we can chalk up a 5th straight win before the Cup game with Tamworth.
It certainly is and Young is refusing to bring in players that won't be allowed to play in the Fa Cup, which isn't helping the situation.

SamScfc

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport
Twitter
@samcharnock94
Frustrating night for us last night, we could have scored 3 last night but our strikers are just useless. We hit the bar in the last minute and had a few decent attacks but we're shite upfront. Defensively we're solid, but with 2 defenders out on Saturday I can't see who will start right back.

Don't understand why we went 5 at the back and why Kirby spent the second half at right back when he's been one of our better players recently. I would have brought Colley on for a bit of pace.

Evans came on last night and was brilliant, which is a bit of a coincidence after mine and WHM's debate the other day, very positive, sometimes a bit wasteful and made the wrong decision but he was always direct and tried to beat players, easily our best player last night.

We're solid all over the pitch, but with so many players out and our strikers not scoring and look incapable of scoring it's a big problem, this should have been our easiest month on paper and we could easily end up winless. We need our players back from injury/suspension but we'll be waiting til November for that to happen. Give Baggie 3 weeks and he should be fully fit, Robinson 5 and Rule 8. In the meantime we need another striker.

Can see Alfreton getting something on Saturday, they'll be going in my acca

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Frustrating night for us last night, we could have scored 3 last night but our strikers are just useless. We hit the bar in the last minute and had a few decent attacks but we're shite upfront. Defensively we're solid, but with 2 defenders out on Saturday I can't see who will start right back.

Don't understand why we went 5 at the back and why Kirby spent the second half at right back when he's been one of our better players recently. I would have brought Colley on for a bit of pace.

Evans came on last night and was brilliant, which is a bit of a coincidence after mine and WHM's debate the other day, very positive, sometimes a bit wasteful and made the wrong decision but he was always direct and tried to beat players, easily our best player last night.

We're solid all over the pitch, but with so many players out and our strikers not scoring and look incapable of scoring it's a big problem, this should have been our easiest month on paper and we could easily end up winless. We need our players back from injury/suspension but we'll be waiting til November for that to happen. Give Baggie 3 weeks and he should be fully fit, Robinson 5 and Rule 8. In the meantime we need another striker.

Can see Alfreton getting something on Saturday, they'll be going in my acca

Ellison

CFC4LIFE

Reaction score
Supports
Chorley were pretty solid at the back, first half we were the better side, but second half it was pretty even. Good goal from Stephenson and good to see Carver sign a new loan deal from accy and Dodd come on second half after he went off against Boston with a knock. All around good performance and up to 7th and 2 points off the play offs!

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC

Expected AB (Alfreton and Barnet) to be back in National League next season.

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Expected AB (Alfreton and Barnet) to be back in National League next season.
Even with Akindes goals I think your right regarding Barnet. Didnt expect an immediate return for us myself and somehow still dont. We dont have enough experience in the squad for the crunch moments. It does depend how long this winning run lasts though. If we can win on Saturday and at Tamworth in the cup there is no reason to suggest a play-off play isnt attainable.

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
I thought that until I heard he was injured?
Heard or saw the same random post on yellowboard I did?
He hasn't been on the bench the last few games but I presume that is because Young likes as many attacking options as possible.

SamScfc

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport
Twitter
@samcharnock94
Heard or saw the same random post on yellowboard I did?
He hasn't been on the bench the last few games but I presume that is because Young likes as many attacking options as possible.

Erm...yeah the second one :lol:

Could be alright tomorrow if that's the case, not sure if Ledsham's ban starts tomorrow though, we'll probably still be a player light on the bench.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
footman

Latest posts

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!