Tuesday 1st October

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood
An unbelievable result by Fleetwood, absolutely fantastic. 2-1 down at half time and a 5 goal blitz in the 2nd half
Not rubbing it in, but will be interested to hear from any Walsall fans who were there. 3 successive away wins, 2 successive home games coming up, watch Fleetwood fail to take advantage of this !

Reginald Fodstain

Not Scouse
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
First half, we looked slightly better and Swindon were dire. Second, they changed shape and we made them look like world beaters by standing around aimlessly. If either side finish higher than 16th, this league is even worse than I thought.

Reactions: Boz

mightyshrimp

Reaction score
Supports
Morecambe
Not sure what to say about Morecambe tonight ,closed Bradford down really well ,passed the ball well ,had some real good chances but just lacked that cutting edge ,it's coming ,after 5 1-0 defeats now 3-3 2-2 1-1 1-1 ,next game 1-1 v Stanley then 5 back to back wins

Super_horns

Reaction score
Supports
WATFORD
An unbelievable result by Fleetwood, absolutely fantastic. 2-1 down at half time and a 5 goal blitz in the 2nd half
Not rubbing it in, but will be interested to hear from any Walsall fans who were there. 3 successive away wins, 2 successive home games coming up, watch Fleetwood fail to take advantage of this !
Charlie Adam seems to be getting you playing some very attacking football.

Optipez

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
The first hour we were out of sight on top. Last half hour we were holding on and Bass our keeper kept us in it.
Defence is way better than last season, we would have crumbled.
One defeat, joint top scorers, conceding less than one a game, sounds brilliant but we're not as convincing as the table looks.
Jatta back up front and Robertson in midfield made a huge difference.
Vale on Saturday looks a stern test but no reason not to be hopeful.

Last edited:

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
What a win and performance that was. Notts/Chesterfield fans if you're still feeling frustrated about your defeats you might get some satisfaction by borrowing my MarinersTV login to watch the extended highlights as it sounds like we basically did to them what they did to you. Took our only big chance and then just let them come at us and defended really well. Smith, Cass, McJannet, Rodgers, Green, McEachran, Khouri and Rose all quality but especially McJannett, Khouri and Green.

A third consecutive backs to the wall, digging deep performance. Testament to us that we reduced Gillingham to the side that a few of their fans on here said they weren't under Bonner. Still a lot of progression for this squad and Artell to go through but the signs that things are clicking are really starting to show now.
I was surprised how comfortable the 7 minutes injury time were, when 7 went up I was worried but no scares whatsoever, what surprised me though was when Gills won a free kick just outside our box centrally around 90+5 and they took it quickly and short, surely there you get someone on it and get a shot in.

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood
Charlie Adam seems to be getting you playing some very attacking football

Charlie Adam seems to be getting you playing some very attacking football.
Considering Adam has only been in charge since the turn of the year he really is doing a tremendous job and without doubt getting the best out of all the players. Its extraordinary how a 'new' manager can turn a team round, equally it can work the other way. We had Lee Johnson before Charlie an experienced guy and he came in and did NOTHING, the team went backwards. Tbh getting relegated has helped Fleetwood, the team have re-grouped, confidence is high and no disrespect, the teams are not as tough as in league 1 lol

Limerick Mariner

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Wide open this season innit

still think Vale, Gills, Donny and MK are strongest on paper over an entire season but Fleetwood look ominous, us and Barrow are hanging around and Walsall, Chesterfield and Wimbledon all look like top 7 sides as well.

No idea how Grimsby are on 15 points!
We’ve done very well recently in games where the ref hasn’t given our opponents a 2 goal start…

Flying fan

Reaction score
Supports
Colchester
We weren't great after we scored, kept giving it away. But Colchester got what they came for, a point. Absolutely disgusting antics from them and after we scored it showed that they actually weren't that bad. Tovide is an absolute weapon...he should be embarrassed with himself and Lyle Taylor joining in too. I wouldn't expect anything less from a Cowley side. Oh well, 5 unbeaten but we really should have beaten a pretty limited Colchester side.
They did a job on Vale! Awful game! Ive watched Vale employ the same tactics plenty of times. Most clubs will do it. It’s shit being on the end of it. We’ve had it lots of times. We lost 4-0 at Walsall on Saturday. The scoreline flattered Walsall. We rolled over for the last 10 minutes…a lucky miss kick and another offside! The other 2 were good goals! Until 60/70 minutes we might have got something from the game but for Walsall delaying tactics…
U’s were missing Edwards and Bishop tonight. Big loss. With them fit, Payne and Taylor playing from the start you might have been on the end of different tactics and come away with nothing.
Colchester got what they went for tonight.
Sorry mate…..

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Did he ever play like that at Crewe ? Early on i thought it was just the tika taka thing but he's actually become pretty adaptable with the system and playing style ; i thought it would always be a rigid 4-3--3 just knocking it about tbh .

Fair play to Artell
I winced when he brought Pyke and Gardner on together. Seemed like a potential match-losing sub. Not that they're bad players, just massively out of practice and hugely lacking in experience respectively but when you're hot you're hot and Artell is even getting his questionnable subs spot on at the moment. Gardner at one point with a headed clearance and then dashing 40 yards to chase it and try and win the subsequent header just summing up the performance tonight.

Three wins on the spin in Sept/Oct will do that. We'll be comfortably midtable this season, just depends whether that means 16th or falling a bit short of a playoff push. Hopefully the latter as it's only been 18 years since we got anywhere near the fourth tier playoffs. We've got some good players and are now showing a bit of spirit. We'll beat plenty of sides playing how we've played over the last few matches. Far from the finished article though and a small squad though. Confidence is growing that we'll be a force next season.

Meadow

Not a lad
Reaction score
Supports
AFC Wimbledon
Some of the results tonight were absolutely jaw dropping. The only constant is Morecambe drawing and Accrington losing.

Roll on Saturday when we rejoin the fray.

Limerick Mariner

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
and your central midfielders don’t spend 90 minutes tripping over themselves trying to tackle Dan Crowley
it was Kieran Green playing in front of the back 4 that night who Crowley humiliated, scorer tonight and playing really well further forward. I’m hoping we have a fully fit midfield in time for the return in Jan.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
They did a job on Vale! Awful game! Ive watched Vale employ the same tactics plenty of times. Most clubs will do it. It’s shit being on the end of it. We’ve had it lots of times. We lost 4-0 at Walsall on Saturday. The scoreline flattered Walsall. We rolled over for the last 10 minutes…a lucky miss kick and another offside! The other 2 were good goals! Until 60/70 minutes we might have got something from the game but for Walsall delaying tactics…
U’s were missing Edwards and Bishop tonight. Big loss. With them fit, Payne and Taylor playing from the start you might have been on the end of different tactics and come away with nothing.
Sorry mate…..
They certainly did a job on us. 1st half was as anti football as I've seen in 35 years of going. Just awful. Never seen it done that blatantly. I would have been furious as an away fan.

Second half when you actually played, you looked half decent but I still felt sure you weren't going to score. Poor goalkeeping and us dropping back 20 yards which was odd.

I don't want to EVER have Cowley anywhere near our management team. I'd rather lose than do what he did for 60 minutes. That's not the game we love.

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
First half, we looked slightly better and Swindon were dire. Second, they changed shape and we made them look like world beaters by standing around aimlessly. If either side finish higher than 16th, this league is even worse than I thought.
If Swindon had strikers who could finish, they’d have won comfortably. Starting to get a bit concerned about Rovers.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
The antics were up there with Accrington a couple of seasons back, the referee got so fed up of it he forced the physio to come on to Tovide and made him go off for treatment.

Did hear Bowers said on the commentary they are like extras from Casualty.

We’ve got to get used to it though and find a way, we’ve just come down, spent loads of money and probably have the biggest budget so certainly the more limited teams won’t come and want to take us on in a football match and be open at Vale Park, it’s a compliment but we have to find ways to win.

We look great against sides who knock it about and are fairly open but haven’t done was well against the physical or low block sides and we need to work it out if we want promotion.

Frustrating tonight was we had Colchester exactly where we wanted them, got the goal, had a more attacking shape at half time and knew they were weak defensively so when they had to come out and have a go why we dropped back and didn’t go for the jugular and get at that defence that’s let them down this season il never know. Moore needs to be more ruthless in the approach and then we done get sucker punched.

If you consider their two shots on target came in the same phase we’ve conceded two shots on target in 2 games overall and conceded both. Frustrating but positives are it’s six unbeaten now and when we haven’t been as on it like tonight and Accrington we still pick up a point.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
The first hour we were out of sight on top. Last half hour we were holding on and Bass our keeper kept us in it.
Defence is way better than last season, we would have crumbled.
One defeat, joint top scorers, conceding less than one a game, sounds brilliant but we're not as convincing as the table looks.
Jatta back up front and Robertson in midfield made a huge difference.
Vale on Saturday looks a stern test but no reason not to be hopeful.
I think you'll beat us quite comfortably on Saturday. Although we've won 3 and drawn 2 of our last 5, we're yet to be convincing for me. I'm yet to be fully won over by Moore, who I think is fortunate to have an expensively assembled squad that he's not getting the maximum out of yet. But they're still picking up points because there is quality in there.

I just can't see a scenario currently where we get anything from a Notts side who look very strong.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Not sure what to say about Morecambe tonight ,closed Bradford down really well ,passed the ball well ,had some real good chances but just lacked that cutting edge ,it's coming ,after 5 1-0 defeats now 3-3 2-2 1-1 1-1 ,next game 1-1 v Stanley then 5 back to back wins
Kidderminster did that in 12/13 National League season, lost first 5 games then drew the next 5 and eventually finished second, only missing out on promotion by Mansfield’s insane run to the title.
IMG_5057.jpeg

pontoonlew

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby

still think Vale, Gills, Donny and MK are strongest on paper over an entire season but Fleetwood look ominous, us and Barrow are hanging around and Walsall, Chesterfield and Wimbledon all look like top 7 sides as well.

It’s almost as if the people who watch us every week have been saying we’re a decent side, we even played good football in the farcical 2-1 loss against you lot.

Valeite

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Sorry mate…..
I have never sen the Vale play act as much as that. Embarrassiing for you. they then showed that they could actually play football which makes it all the more baffling. Cowley should be banned from all football.

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
Well done Cods, great result.

Back to second after that last 30 mins haha. Having a decent keeper is pretty important isn’t it?

It certainly is and a shiny new defence, combined that's 3 clean sheets (just!) in 9

Bass is surely going to be worth 10/12 points alone this season.

Second half the midfield was a concern, the defence disciplined and solid, the goalkeeper assured and talented. Oh and I'm putting on record now that the Platt for Baldwin straight swap has been a big success.

Crowley once again took the piss and controlled the game. Fell for all bar one twist and turn and feint but we have next to no strength or tenacity in midfield after Robertson and boy did it show. Grim second half and lucky to get the win overall.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Accrington will 100% be relegated this season.

We are woeful, and I mean absolutely dreadful, and we still managed to come back and beat them. One relegation spot is nailed on, and it's Stanley I'm afraid.

The rest of us poo teams will be battling to stay out of the other place.

Cloudy

Reaction score
Supports
Borrusia
Long trip from Grimsby to Gillingham on a Tuesday night but well worth it.
Thought Gills were decent, but only up to the last 3rd when they had no idea. Nevitt very poor, Clark was a threat on the left but subbed off to my delight.

See the ref getting pelters from Gills fans which is ‘normal’ after a defeat, but imo he did well despite a few strange yellow cards. He didn’t keep stopping the game for any physical contact, ignored dives and play acting, ( did this for both sides).

Looking through X on the way back, many home fans were complimentary about Grimsby, saying we scored a good goal, defended very well, but out passed Gillingham and had far more off the ball movement. Summed it up nicely. Gillingham were very static.

Long season ahead but Grimsby are a much improved side from last season. Better players, playing good football. A long way off the finished article but if you haven’t got sackfuls of cash, you need to build a style and team over a period of time. May take a few more transfer windows yet, there will be setbacks along the way, but season on season progress is the aim

Grimsby Road

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby

The easy answer is because we are pretty good tbh .

The Notts game aside we have been in every game and found some grit and determination to go alongside good football ; that was my worry that we would be easy on the eye but easy to play through but after that Notts one it's been really good .

Going through the games so far we have been the better team in them all really , Chesterfield apart who I thought shaded it but we were not smashed or anything there ; they are a decent side .

Fleetwood & us I thought were the most evenly matched in terms of player quality and performance + where I thought we would finish which would have been lower end mid table , but we are almost a quarter through the season with both on 15 points so maybe both teams are a bit better than my original thoughts .

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
It’s almost as if the people who watch us every week have been saying we’re a decent side, we even played good football in the farcical 2-1 loss against you lot.
Yep that Notts game was just a one off shit show, other than that Fleetwood away was not great after the first 2 minutes when we did nothing but the other 7 games we either won or we lost (Chesterfield and Barrow) but deserved something from both of those too.
Given how tough our start has been with the opposition we’ve faced we’ve done fantastic to be where we are especially with the ridiculous amount of injuries already.

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
We helped make it a shit show to be fair, played some lovely stuff with Crowley toying with you.

Glad it appears a one off though as I don't want them to struggle. People should never fall into the trap of judging a player or team based on just 1 or 2 viewings but they do.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Yep that Notts game was just a one off shit show, other than that Fleetwood away was not great after the first 2 minutes when we did nothing but the other 7 games we either won or we lost (Chesterfield and Barrow) but deserved something from both of those too.
Given how tough our start has been with the opposition we’ve faced we’ve done fantastic to be where we are especially with the ridiculous amount of injuries already.
Yep it feels like the tide is turning a bit. I just hope our fanbase remembers this right now when we inevitably drop off, which will happen as we can't keep this up with a packed October schedule and the same three midfielders. We need to truly buy into and accept Artell when he talks about progress not being linear if we're to really get behind this side. I really hope we beat both Donny and Walsall at BP though as those heavy defeats are big hoodoos and sticks still being used by our resident boo boys to beat Artell with.

Back on the midfield, I'm surprised Ainley isn't seeing more game time but I guess Artell knows him better than anyone else. I also have to hold my hands up though and admit, after saying for multiple seasons that I don't see what everyone sees in Evan Khouri, that I was wrong. He's been fantastic this season.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
It's a miracle we're not bottom of the league and in the relegation zone. Once again we're fortunate there are somehow two other teams worse than us.

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
He's a flat track bully. Inflates his stats with a dozen assists against the likes of Accrington every season.

Talking of bullies step forward Alassana Jatta. Made the Carlisle defender look like a kid last night following a straight punt from our keeper.

Reminded me a little of his goal at Valley Parade last season where he bullied the defender from a long ball and then produced a nice finish.

He looks to be worth every penny we spent on the big man.

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV
Sorry mate…..
You have never seen us turn up with a game plan to cheat. You will have seen individual instances as all teams have done it.

As others have said that was as bad as gets. I've been going for nearly 30 years and I can think of two other sides who turned up to cheat, Accrington a few years ago and Swindon maybe 10 years ago.

I genuinely would throw my season ticket in the bin if that got served up regularly. May as well go watch WWE if you enjoy seeing grown men screaming in fake agony only to miraculously jump up when it's in their interest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
incanndescent

Latest posts

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!