Weekend Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparrow

Reaction score
Supports
Woking FC
Feels like we're going to Woking it today.

Yep, just as I predicted.

And to top it all off its been revealed that the players will only be getting their end of season bonus if they finish in the top 5, which wasn't what was agreed before the season. Hilarious. But as long as chairman Mike Smith is focused on winning football matches I'm sure it'll be ok. What a joke our board is.

Cardsfan

Reaction score
Supports
Woking
Cards fans, any news on Jeffers injury? Not sure what happened as our radio guys said there was no challenge or anyone near him but i hope it's nothing serious.
Looked pretty bad, was a lengthy pause before he was stretchered off. Not sure how it came about but hopefully it's not as bad as it looked.

Shotsfan1993

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot Town
Twitter
@SamOS1993
At least we have a bus. Still, congratulations on staying up again. Another good season for Aldershot.

We're only 7 points behind you (6 of those we wrapped up for you at Christmas) with a game in hand, you better start looking over your shoulders....

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
The fact that yourself and Tom are almost excitedly speculating on whether one of your players has been racially abused or not, as another stick to beat the Halifax fans with, I find utterly abhorrent to be honest.

At least learn to read the thread properly and take note of which fan says what.

I didn't almost excitedly speculate, I just mentioned that some of the Halifax yobs were once again being abusive, which was true. I never said it was racist today, just that it wouldn't be a shock if it was. I've had first hand experience of racism in those parts before, not including last years shenanigans where there was a clear (unproven) accusation, and any Halifax fan who denies that it exists there is deluded.

No smoke without fire. Truly disgusting place.

Tom Fgr

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
At least learn to read the thread properly and take note of which fan says what.

I didn't almost excitedly speculate, I just mentioned that some of the Halifax yobs were once again being abusive, which was true. I never said it was racist today, just that it wouldn't be a shock if it was. I've had first hand experience of racism in those parts before, not including last years shenanigans where there was a clear (unproven) accusation, and any Halifax fan who denies that it exists there is deluded.

I literally didn't even mention it either!!! No wonder they call him crazy #bullshiter

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
At the turn of the year I never expected us to be in a position to pull off "the great escape" but it's well and truly on now. Last week before the B'wood game we were 16 points off survival, now it's only 7. An amazing turn around.

Onto the game and honestly it was a poor game. Only good moments were 14 mintues when we scored 3 and Dennis' free-kick which was brilliant. The first goal Macc fans maybe able to say it wasn't over the line as it was very close but it was awful defending that allowed Lowe to steer the ball in. Second goal Jalal will be very embararessed by, White's shot was very week but somehow it rolled over Jalal. Then the 3rd goal was beautiful Maxwell holding off his man before feeding the ball to Ben Whitfield who mazed his way through before passing to Gnahoua who slotted home. Then we just did what we had to for the rest of the game, didn't give Macc a sniff before a silly challenge that allowed Dennis to hit a free-kick into the top corner.

Overall very pleased but can't see us making it 4 wins on Tuesday, I'd be very happy with a draw

#TheGreatEscape

WokingTillIDiet

Reaction score
Supports
Woking

And to top it all off its been revealed that the players will only be getting their end of season bonus if they finish in the top 5, which wasn't what was agreed before the season. Hilarious. But as long as chairman Mike Smith is focused on winning football matches I'm sure it'll be ok. What a joke our board is.
It's either in their contracts or it isn't. Not a difficult one to sort out either way, surely?

GuiseleySteve

Reaction score
Supports
Guiseley AFC
Looked pretty bad, was a lengthy pause before he was stretchered off. Not sure how it came about but hopefully it's not as bad as it looked.
Just read on your forum that his back went into spasm. Hopefully it's just a muscle injury

Sparrow

Reaction score
Supports
Woking FC
It's either in their contracts or it isn't. Not a difficult one to sort out either way, surely?

What does it matter anyway? As long as Mike Smith is focused on winning football matches everything will be fine. Joke club. Never going to get anywhere, even if we've got the best management team we've had since the 90s.

WokingTillIDiet

Reaction score
Supports
Woking
What does it matter anyway? As long as Mike Smith is focused on winning football matches everything will be fine. Joke club. Never going to get anywhere, even if we've got the best management team we've had since the 90s.
Another tired old misquote of what was actually said. Or is Smith also to blame for us only getting two points out of the last four matches against limited, bottom-half opposition? And did Smith leave Bruno Andrade out today? Who knows, maybe he's also responsible for picking the starting eleven.

Anyway, if the story about a dispute is true (I say "if" because it's only been alleged thus far by local BBC radio), why do the players feel they deserve a bonus for failing to reach the play-offs? Bonuses are normally paid out for achievement, not merely for completing the season.

Sparrow

Reaction score
Supports
Woking FC
Another tired old misquote of what was actually said. Or is Smith also to blame for us only getting two points out of the last four matches against limited, bottom-half opposition? And did Smith leave Bruno Andrade out today? Who knows, maybe he's also responsible for picking the starting eleven.

Anyway, if the story about a dispute is true (I say "if" because it's only been alleged thus far by local BBC radio), why do the players feel they deserve a bonus for failing to reach the play-offs? Bonuses are normally paid out for achievement, not merely for completing the season.

Maybe Smith should have ran on to pitch to help like he did when Mike Cestor got injured. Or like he did when the players and Kevin Betsy were on the pitch and being applauded at the end of last season and he joined in too. Or when we got promoted and he took over the PA system with a microphone on the pitch and did a ridiculous speech that included 'lets get to the Football League'. Looking forward to that same ambition next season on a 'reduced budget' that DEFINITELY ISN'T a Conference South budget, just one that is lower than 300k. The same lack of ambition that was shown when an investor wanted to take over the club, meaning Smith would be out of the job. A simple disclosure agreement took months to get passed back to said investor and was only done once it was revealed in the press that intentions for a takeover were happening.

Rotten to the core. Bring on relegation and the Conference South in front of nobody.

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN

Of course there is racism in Halifax, just as there is in Nailsworth and every other community on earth. I have experience of it myself although I refuse to judge the young asian man's entire neighbourhood on the fact that he called me a white bastard as I innocently cycled past him on my pushbike 20 years ago. And yes some of our yobs were again being abusive towards your team who once again behaved like a set of complete and utter c*** throughout. No surprise there though, it seems endemic throughout your entire club and fans alike. No smoke without fire though is there.

WokingTillIDiet

Reaction score
Supports
Woking
Maybe Smith should have ran on to pitch to help like he did when Mike Cestor got injured. Or like he did when the players and Kevin Betsy were on the pitch and being applauded at the end of last season and he joined in too. Or when we got promoted and he took over the PA system with a microphone on the pitch and did a ridiculous speech that included 'lets get to the Football League'. Looking forward to that same ambition next season on a 'reduced budget' that DEFINITELY ISN'T a Conference South budget, just one that is lower than 300k. The same lack of ambition that was shown when an investor wanted to take over the club, meaning Smith would be out of the job. A simple disclosure agreement took months to get passed back to said investor and was only done once it was revealed in the press that intentions for a takeover were happening.

Rotten to the core. Bring on relegation and the Conference South in front of nobody.
Not really answered any of my points though, have you? Yes, Smith comes across as a bit of a dick (he's from Yorkshire after all), but blaming him for absolutely everything is just looking for a convenient scapegoat. We lost today because the management cocked up.

So you'd have accepted a takeover bid from some fantasist whose last available accounts (which are online, if you fancy a gander) show him to be technically insolvent, would you?

eightiesrobin

Reaction score
Supports
Altrincham
Reeves was substituted seconds after the goal, after looking absolute tripe all afternoon.

Pliny Harris

Frightened Inmate #2
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
The Provisional Brotherhood
I was just stating that it's good that our club was doing something positive when others are doing the opposite.Learn to read.

Yes, and as is clear to everyone but your good selves, a few dozen fans on free travel (which we've done several times with much greater numbers) is a drop in the ocean compared to dramatically skewing the way football is paid for.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Of course there is racism in Halifax, just as there is in Nailsworth and every other community on earth. I have experience of it myself although I refuse to judge the young asian man's entire neighbourhood on the fact that he called me a white bastard as I innocently cycled past him on my pushbike 20 years ago. And yes some of our yobs were again being abusive towards your team who once again behaved like a set of complete and utter c*** throughout. No surprise there though, it seems endemic throughout your entire club and fans alike. No smoke without fire though is there.

Let me guess, surrounding the ref at every opportunity, falling over as soon as an opposition player goes near them? Pennock is also becoming a tit as well, moaning this week about how they have to play 3/4 away games this month and how whoever does the fixtures doesn't want Forest Green promoted (it must be because they're such a great advert for the National League). I've said it many times on here, they're becoming a very unlikeable club.

As for our game, it was a very routine 2-0 win which could easily have been 6 or 7 but for Welling's keeper having a blinder. Felt for Sahr Kabba up front for them who was literally left burrowing a lone furrow up front for them. I don't think our defence will have an easier game for the rest of this season.

Kiddy on Tuesday, and what had previously looked like a guaranteed 3 points to take us clear at the top now looks like it might be a lot more difficult. If we didn't need the 3 points so bad I'd be happy to concede, but I hope the players are as up for it as they have been most other games this season.

It's good to be a Cheltenham fan again.

Tom Fgr

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Let me guess, surrounding the ref at every opportunity, falling over as soon as an opposition player goes near them? Pennock is also becoming a tit as well, moaning this week about how they have to play 3/4 away games this month and how whoever does the fixtures doesn't want Forest Green promoted (it must be because they're such a great advert for the National League). I've said it many times on here, they're becoming a very unlikeable club.

As for our game, it was a very routine 2-0 win which could easily have been 6 or 7 but for Welling's keeper having a blinder. Felt for Sahr Kabba up front for them who was literally left burrowing a lone furrow up front for them. I don't think our defence will have an easier game for the rest of this season.

Kiddy on Tuesday, and what had previously looked like a guaranteed 3 points to take us clear at the top now looks like it might be a lot more difficult. If we didn't need the 3 points so bad I'd be happy to concede, but I hope the players are as up for it as they have been most other games this season.

Didn't realise you watched us so often. Explains why you rarely go to Cheltenham games..:dk:

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City

I'd be surprised if that's allowed to happen because you've got to agree all that kinda stuff prior to the start of the season.

GuiseleySteve

Reaction score
Supports
Guiseley AFC
Pennock is also becoming a tit as well, moaning this week about how they have to play 3/4 away games this month and how whoever does the fixtures doesn't want Forest Green promoted (it must be because they're such a great advert for the National League).
He wouldn't like our run then - eight consecutive away games. Our (two) home league games in that period were lost to the rain gods

Bluandwite

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Forest Green again eh.

Their fans are touchy and defensive enough now, god knows how they would cope trying to justify themselves in the league, if they ever do manage to scramble themselves up.

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN

Having seen you both, you're ten times the side that set of c*** are. Hopefully justice will be served and you'll win the league and Grimsby will humiliate the twats at Wembley. Btw, second the the table, free coaches but only 73 fuckers turned up yet there were 32 dutch football fans came over at their own expense and a 24 hour round trip to watch us. Laughable support for them but as I've said before, all the money in the world couldn't make them a real football club.:bdick:

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Wow, just browsed this thread to see the Forest Green love in in full flow!

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Btw, second the the table, free coaches but only 73 fuckers turned up yet there were 32 dutch football fans came over at their own expense and a 24 hour round trip to watch us. Laughable support for them but as I've said before, all the money in the world couldn't make them a real football club.:bdick:

Free travel wasn't enough, you'd have to pay a lot of our fans to make them want to go to Halifax.

Those Dutch fans were football tourists. Doubt they'll ever want to come back again now.

Tom Fgr

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Having seen you both, you're ten times the side that set of c*** are. Hopefully justice will be served and you'll win the league and Grimsby will humiliate the twats at Wembley. Btw, second the the table, free coaches but only 73 fuckers turned up yet there were 32 dutch football fans came over at their own expense and a 24 hour round trip to watch us. Laughable support for them but as I've said before, all the money in the world couldn't make them a real football club.:bdick:

Calm down! You had 1300 at home. We had 350 more than that at home last game!

Can only see it going down next year for you, as Conference north clubs don't tend to travel well

#obsessed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
terrier17
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!