Who do you want to come up/down to the third tier?

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
Yep, would definitely expect them to be play-off contenders at worst next season, along with whoever else comes down.

Can’t imagine the standard of L1 being much better in 2024/25, I’m sure the Hollywood Welsh will be spunking cash left, right and centre once again, but I’m not so sure about the rest.

Throbber_for_Dunk

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge
Yeah, feels like the squeeze next year is going to come in the lower half, the top will probably seem weaker.

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
As we have effectively been down since November can I please get to choose Wednesday and Huddersfield for up here and Mansfield, Stockport, Wrexham and Barrow from league 2.

I hope we get rid of Portsmouth, Derby and obviously Barnsley will go up because we always swop places!

Wednesday because would be funny with them doing the double over us, plus hopefully they will be skint and no threat next year.
Huddersfield I don't have a problem with and wouldn't be too upset if they got out of it but I think it will be them or Plymouth and I know which one I'd rather travel to.
We won't be skint.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
Screw you Rotherham. Hope you get relegated again.

Millerbri

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
Screw you Rotherham. Hope you get relegated again.

Thank you very much for your contribution.
Most enlightening.
Pass on my good wishes to Exeter for letting us take that useless tosspot Taylor and the prolific Nombe, it was a blast.

Millerbri

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
We won't be skint.
It's just a bit weird he sells season tickets before Christmas when he has so much money.
Anyone might think there is a cash flow problem but maybe he just likes counting it?

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
We won't be skint.
Do not often Agree with Bazza, but When you charge over £800 for season tickets and £59 for a match day ticket
you are hardly going to be skint.

A fool and his money are easily parted so they say

Millerbri

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
Do not often Agree with Bazza, but When you charge over £800 for season tickets and £59 for a match day ticket
you are hardly going to be skint.

A fool and his money are easily parted so they say

There's a 12 page discussion on Owlstalk titled the North Stand.

Read it if you have the patience, he's skint alright, the North Stand needs urgent repairs with quotes of £18millon being bandied about.

The West stand should have been pulled down after the disaster and the Kop is in a poor state behind the stand.

There's no hot water in the toilets and it seems only the South stand is fit for purpose, that's not me talking just read Owls fans opinions.

Chansiri has no money left, he wasted it all in his first 3 years chasing the Premier league dream.
His family however seems to be loaded but don't seem prepared to let him waste any more. Who can blame them?

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
Thank you very much for your contribution.
Most enlightening.
Pass on my good wishes to Exeter for letting us take that useless tosspot Taylor and the prolific Nombe, it was a blast.
How have you done since you sacked Taylor? And Nombe isn't the best when all you do is hoof it up to him.
Just thought that in a must win game you might have shown a modicum of fight, rather than go down like the Titanic

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Feels like the 3 at the top of League 2 would really strengthen the bottom end, can’t see any of those 3 being relegated.

From the Champ, would like Brum down and have never done Wednesday or Udders so not fussed with them. League 2’s top 3 is sorted I think and would like Crewe to join them through the playoffs.

Pressure on teams like us in the summer to get things right, although I trust Brady to recruit well.

Millerbri

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
How have you done since you sacked Taylor? And Nombe isn't the best when all you do is hoof it up to him.
Just thought that in a must win game you might have shown a modicum of fight, rather than go down like the Titanic
We've been in must win games since Christmas and managed to win two so your hatred of Plymouth was unlikely to inspire any type of uplift in fortunes.

The sad fact is, if we can play our best 11 we put up a fight but unfortunately the rest of the squad fall a long way short.

Taylor was given a very good budget by our standards (far more than Warne ever got) and he wasted it on old players with bad injury records.
Guess what, they got injured, regularly!

I agree Nombe might do well next season, he at least did put a shift in last night TBF (maybe he hates Plymouth too).

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
We've been in must win games since Christmas and managed to win two so your hatred of Plymouth was unlikely to inspire any type of uplift in fortunes.

The sad fact is, if we can play our best 11 we put up a fight but unfortunately the rest of the squad fall a long way short.

Taylor was given a very good budget by our standards (far more than Warne ever got) and he wasted it on old players with bad injury records.
Guess what, they got injured, regularly!

I agree Nombe might do well next season, he at least did put a shift in last night TBF (maybe he hates Plymouth too).
Fair enough, I just want them to come down.
See you next season!

Millerbri

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
Fair enough, I just want them to come down.
See you next season!
I can understand that, I feel the same about Wednesday.
I quite fancy a trip to Devon, hope it's on a Saturday.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton

Read it if you have the patience, he's skint alright, the North Stand needs urgent repairs with quotes of £18millon being bandied about.

The West stand should have been pulled down after the disaster and the Kop is in a poor state behind the stand.

There's no hot water in the toilets and it seems only the South stand is fit for purpose, that's not me talking just read Owls fans opinions.

Chansiri has no money left, he wasted it all in his first 3 years chasing the Premier league dream.
His family however seems to be loaded but don't seem prepared to let him waste any more. Who can blame them?
Totally agree and i told Bazza all this last season but he did not want to listen
Dont see charging £800 plus on season tickets as a way of bringing revenue in. The guys deluded

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
I don't think anyone can have any idea of how we'll do next season TBH.
We have some decent players but there's likely to be a huge turnover so Richardson can put his own imprint on the club.

I'm not even sure he is capable but the Chairman seems to have got his back so we have to hope he is.
He certainly did a decent job at Wigan when they beat us into second place 2 years ago.

If we could have put out our best players this year I think we could have just about stayed up but I've never known so many injuries crop up in a season, especially to defenders.

The medical staff are blaming the training ground for a lot of the injuries and there's plans to overhaul the pitches during the break.
But there's no getting away from the fact that there has been some totally gutless performances since Christmas.

No doubt that we will lose Victor Johansson but hopefully the fee we get will cover a new keeper and 3 or 4 new players.
I'd try and keep Bramall, Blackett, Humphreys, Morrison, Odaffin, Rathbone, Lindsay, Tiehe, Clucas and Nombe.

Andre Green will be available next season and I think Eaves and Hugill should score a few in League 1 if they stay.

It won't be easy though and I would be happy to be in the top 10 come Christmas and hopefully push on. It would be nice to go to a game and enjoy it TBH.
Bramall done ok?

I watched your game last night and was genuinely surprised by the lack of anything, I couldn't work out whether it was a performance of a resigned side or one that had downed tools on the manager!

Millerbri

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
Bramall done ok?

I watched your game last night and was genuinely surprised by the lack of anything, I couldn't work out whether it was a performance of a resigned side or one that had downed tools on the manager!

Bramall has just got back from an injury and doesn't look quite as fit as he should be. As you well know, his great strength is his pace both going forward and in recovering on opposition breakaways. He's just not on it maybe protecting his injury, maybe on the beach?

I'm not convinced by the manager so it's entirely possible the players aren't either. He talks to the press like he's reading from a coaching manual, riddled with cliches, maybe it's me I just got used to Warney's straight talking, although he talked some twaddle at times.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
I can understand that, I feel the same about Wednesday.
I quite fancy a trip to Devon, hope it's on a Saturday.
Should be, they usually programme the mid distance games for midweek. Still hoping you'll get two trips to Devon though

AmberAndy

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Millwall in free fall now, which is nice, club legend Harris is playing a blinder as manager. Highly satisfactory if he takes them down and we stay up. Either way can’t see him being in charge next season.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Bramall has just got back from an injury and doesn't look quite as fit as he should be. As you well know, his great strength is his pace both going forward and in recovering on opposition breakaways. He's just not on it maybe protecting his injury, maybe on the beach?

I'm not convinced by the manager so it's entirely possible the players aren't either. He talks to the press like he's reading from a coaching manual, riddled with cliches, maybe it's me I just got used to Warney's straight talking, although he talked some twaddle at times.
I was gobsmacked you bought him off us tbh, he's your typical footballer who has pace but not a lot else. He was really half arsed here really, never got going.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Depending which league we are next season (would say it’s 60-40 we’ll be L2) it changes who I want to go up or not. If we are L2 I’m not too fussed about the championship relegation battle though if the shit went down we’d still get a Potteries Derby in the pizza trophy with how they do the draw. Whether that would be a good thing or not is another matter. Haven’t played Blues in years so that would be fun if we stayed up I guess.

If we are relegated then Wrexham, Stockport and Mansfield hopefully go up and MK in the playoffs. Get as many of the wealthy clubs out the way as possible. If we stay up still Mansfield to go up just because their fans deserve it and then whoever is likely to struggle next year so Crewe or Crawley probably.

Millerbri

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
I was gobsmacked you bought him off us tbh, he's your typical footballer who has pace but not a lot else. He was really half arsed here really, never got going.

To be fair to him, having lost Ogbene, he was our main weapon to get up the field earlier in the season when we were playing quite decent stuff but just not getting the results.

His defending has improved since he signed but you're right he probably isn't a Championship player.
I think he'll be ok next season though.

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday

I trust my own reading of the accounts rather than the mouth breathers on Owlstalk who have a campaign against the chairman, the owner of the site takes pride in upsetting the apple cart

Millerbri

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
I trust my own reading of the accounts rather than the mouth breathers on Owlstalk who have a campaign against the chairman, the owner of the site takes pride in upsetting the apple cart

That's fine you're entitled to your view but there's an awful lot of contributors who appear to be level headed fans who have a grip of the financials of the club and there's no doubt that they are clearly worried.

When a chairman has to sell a club's stadium to himself for £60 million when it was only worth £22.5 million to try to cheat FFP and then still manages to make a horlicks of it and get the point deduction anyway, it kind of points to him being a bit hopeless.

He consistently has to sell season tickets earlier and earlier and at higher and higher prices to provide the necessary funding to keep the club running week to week, there's no denying that.

He even invented 5 year season tickets and 3 year tickets to try to get funds in early, it doesn't smack of someone who is loaded, or if he has got access to plenty of his family's money he certainly isn't happy to spend it.

Good result yesterday BTW, all hope is not yet lost!

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
That's fine you're entitled to your view but there's an awful lot of contributors who appear to be level headed fans who have a grip of the financials of the club and there's no doubt that they are clearly worried.

When a chairman has to sell a club's stadium to himself for £60 million when it was only worth £22.5 million to try to cheat FFP and then still manages to make a horlicks of it and get the point deduction anyway, it kind of points to him being a bit hopeless.

He consistently has to sell season tickets earlier and earlier and at higher and higher prices to provide the necessary funding to keep the club running week to week, there's no denying that.

He even invented 5 year season tickets and 3 year tickets to try to get funds in early, it doesn't smack of someone who is loaded, or if he has got access to plenty of his family's money he certainly isn't happy to spend it.

Good result yesterday BTW, all hope is not yet lost!
I'm a qualified accountant who has a clear understanding of the clubs latest accounts which are in a far better position than when we fell out of this league. We've gone down a route of utilising the academy more and investing in young saleable assets in the likes of Gassama and Musaba rather than journeymen chasing a last payday he's learning from his previous fuck ups

Millerbri

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
I'm a qualified accountant who has a clear understanding of the clubs latest accounts which are in a far better position than when we fell out of this league. We've gone down a route of utilising the academy more and investing in young saleable assets in the likes of Gassama and Musaba rather than journeymen chasing a last payday he's learning from his previous fuck ups

But still lost £6.5 million in what was a very successful season to March 2023 and paying £14 million in wages for the year.

Admittedly much improved from some earlier accounts but not really sustainable long term.
Still it's a start.

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
But still lost £6.5 million in what was a very successful season to March 2023 and paying £14 million in wages for the year.

Admittedly much improved from some earlier accounts but not really sustainable long term.
Still it's a start.
The year was to June 2023.

Losing 6.5m is a pittance when you see some of the eye watering losses of others and wages of £14m is on par with the turnover we churned in that period.

We will have increased both this season but I believe the turnover increase outstrips the wages one.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
The year was to June 2023.

Losing 6.5m is a pittance when you see some of the eye watering losses of others and wages of £14m is on par with the turnover we churned in that period.

We will have increased both this season but I believe the turnover increase outstrips the wages one.
Shows the state of football when a 6.5mn loss is considered good.

What's happening with Dawson next season?

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Shows the state of football when a 6.5mn loss is considered good.

What's happening with Dawson next season?
Football is nearing the end of its life. You are correct things cannot go on as they are. Some teams will ride debt out through having very rich owners, but some will go in the next world financial crash.
Doubt after that many teams will still exist in there present format

K-Win

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Football is nearing the end of its life. You are correct things cannot go on as they are. Some teams will ride debt out through having very rich owners, but some will go in the next world financial crash.

That's a fair point. The 2008 crash precipitated our near demise. Accumulating debts seems workable until an event causes the banks to say "actually, we'd quite like all our money back now".

Millerbri

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
Well they had a £25.8 million loss in 2021 and £7.3 million in 2022.
So the the £6.5 million loss is an improvement but Jesus I'm glad our "tight Tony" as some of our fans call him has got a better grip on reality.

Yes we are relegated again but I can remember the 2 admins and bucket rattling to keep the club going.

We were lucky getting Tony Stewart but there's lots of ungrateful, self entitled idiots want him gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tbwomble
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!