21 Grimsby
22 Morecambe
23 Fleetwood
24 Newport County

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Its been a couple of years so maybe don't know as much as I did about the squads etc but will give it a go.

1. MK Dons
2. Chesterfield
3. Doncaster Rovers
-------------------------
4. Carlisle United
5. Gillingham
6. Port Vale
7. Colchester United
8. Bradford City
9. Notts County
10. Salford City
11. AFC Wimbledon
12. Crewe Alexandra
13. Fleetwood
14. Swindon Town
15. Tranmere Rovers
16. Walsall
17. Barrow
18. Cheltenham Town
19. Grimsby Town
20. Newport County
21. Harrogate Town
22. Accrington Stanley
---------------------------
23. Bromley
24. Morecambe

No surprises in the top 3 I would say, Carlisle with the strikers should do well, fancy Col U to improve and Vale to probably be stronger second half of the season but need time to gel so think top 7 more than top 3.

Bromley could do anything really but think they will go and Morecambe in their position its hard to currently predict anything other than the drop.

Cheltenham to struggle a bit after losing DC and players might need time to rebound and Fleetwood to have a solid season after one of struggle.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
1. Doncaster - Ended the season like a train bar one freak game in the play-offs, good manager, decent signings.
2. Port Vale - Think they’ve signed well and always seem to be decent at this level.
3. Milton Keynes - Not totally convinced by Williamson yet but they have some really good footballers.
4. Carlisle - Can be hard to recover from the absolute pasting they took last season, but their strikers look good.
5. Gillingham - Solid last season, couple of signings who should add a few more goals.
6. Notts - Think we have the defenders this year to back up Jones, Crowley and Jatta better.
7. Colchester - Cowleys know what they’re doing, few good signings.
8. Walsall - Feel like they ended the season quite well and another who are usually decent in this league.
9. Tranmere - Decent manager and improved last season but did feel like they were very reliant on Apter.
10. Chesterfield - This year’s Notts, will score loads and concede loads.
11. Bradford - Not sure they’ve signed particularly well, Sarcevic aside.
12. Bromley - Will be fine and very hard to beat at home.
13. Grimsby - Will be improved, I think.
14. Fleetwood - Season of consolidating probably.
15. Crewe - Seem to have lost a lot of good players, but you wouldn’t have had them challenging last season.
16. Wimbledon - Kind of forgot about them, seem to have lost a couple of important players.
17. Swindon - Are they still a mess off the pitch? Always seem to be.
18. Cheltenham - Maybe seem least equipped of the relegated sides.
19. Barrow - Weird goings on with their managerial situation
20. Accrington - Post-Coleman era will be hard, owner become an underrated div.
21. Newport - Curious managerial appointment, to say the least.
22. Salford - Wishful thinking.
23. Morecambe - Risky betting against Adams, but they look a mess.
24. Harrogate - Seem to be winding the Weaver era down, have they done anything this summer?

Very scientific.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
2. Port Vale - Think they’ve signed well and always seem to be decent at this level.

Do we? Around half of our 10 seasons at this level since our long stint out of it we've felt like we've been near the bottom end! :lol:

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county

Do we? Around half of our 10 seasons at this level since our long stint out of it we've felt like we've been near the bottom end! :lol:

There’s not much fact behind anything I’m saying there haha. I just have you in a group with Walsall, Gillingham, Carlisle and Swindon probably as clubs I would associate with not hanging around too long in this league without having a good season. Swindon can maybe be dropped now though.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Cheltenham to struggle a bit after losing DC and players might need time to rebound and Fleetwood to have a solid season after one of struggle.

18. Cheltenham - Maybe seem least equipped of the relegated sides.

For us, it really depends on how we gel and how good a job Flynn does. He seems very similar to DC in that he likes to tell it how it is. I'm not a DC fanatic though like many of our fans are. He got us playing some good stuff mid-season, but we were dreadful by the end of the season and he was as much a part of that as the players.

We look decent going forward, but are severely lacking in defence. It's no secret we're after at least two centre-backs, one of whom must be relatively experienced. Get that right and I think we'll be upper mid-table at least with a potential tilt at the playoffs. Get it wrong and we'll be the lower mid-table at best.

Ainsty

Reaction score
Supports
Harrogate
Hoping Morecambe fuck up all your prediction tables again ,always favourites for relegation love proving people wrong
Jonny-come-lately, wait until you have been predicted to go down for a few more years before declaring yourselves as "..always favourites.."

Ainsty

Reaction score
Supports
Harrogate
24. Harrogate - Seem to be winding the Weaver era down, have they done anything this summer?

Very scientific.
Not a lot - recruited, Stephen Duke-Mckenna, Zico Asare and Ellis Taylor and sold a couple. I was feeling depressed about next season but after the PSF against Leeds United and Sheffield United, I'm feeling a bit better. Although we were well beaten by both Championship sides we weren't humiliated. I think we might be good for another season.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Weaver always works well with a tight unit and will pull off 2 or 3 smart loan signings (usually from Southampton for some reason) before the window closes. Harrogate will be OK I reckon.

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers, Sporting Leyland
1: Bradford
2: MK:Dons
3: Donny
4:Notts
5: Chesterfield
6: Port Vale
7: Carlisle
8: Cheltenham
9: Gillingham
10: Tranmere
11: Swindon
12: Bromley
13: Colchester
14: Wimbledon
15: Crewe
16: Walsall
17: Harrogate
18: Newport
19: Morecambe
20: Fleetwood
21: Salford
22: Accrington
23: Barrow
24: Grimsby

クレイグ

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City

Suppose quarter past nine on a Friday night is a reasonable time to be pissed.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Think folk are getting a bit carried away looking at our strikers. At present our squad has far too many gaps to be considered for top 3, or even top 7. There are a lot more complete squads in this league than ours. Not to mention the losing culture we have to shake off from last season.

Armstrong and Wyke are quality, but they’ll need service and I currently don’t see where that service is going to come from. If we still had Moxon with his quality fo provide for these strikers I’d have a different view of how it’s going to go.

Tinpot and proud

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow
Get in there !!!!!! Back under the radar once again.....rightly regained our stealth :)

Scum.

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
:D

JJ1990

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
What is weird about it?
How and why Wild left for one. Leads you to your best 2 finishes since you got promoted, then there seemed to have been an internal power struggle and now he's gone and replaced with, on paper, a massive downgrade.

CFC91

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
1. MK Dons
2. Doncaster
3. Port Vale
------------
4. Notts County
5. Chesterfield
6. Salford
7. Carlisle
------------
8. Bradford
9. Tranmere
10. AFC Wimbledon
11. Gillingham
12. Fleetwood
13. Walsall
14. Barrow
15. Accrington
16. Crewe
17. Newport
18. Swindon
19. Grimsby
20. Colchester
21. Bromley
22. Cheltenham
--------------
23. Morecambe
24. Harrogate

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
20. Accrington - Post-Coleman era will be hard, owner become an underrated div.
Yeah, Holt's stock has plummeted dramatically. Used to look at Accrington and be a bit envious of them having him as their owner but he's been repeatedly tapping the self destruct button for a good few seasons now.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
How and why Wild left for one. Leads you to your best 2 finishes since you got promoted, then there seemed to have been an internal power struggle and now he's gone and replaced with, on paper, a massive downgrade.

This, basically. It doesn’t always work out like this, but from the outside it looks a classic case of having a good manager, something happening, and now having a manager who is very unlikely to do anywhere near as well.

Cedrik

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
1. Notts County
2. Port Vale
3. MK Dons
4. Gillingham
5. Swindon
6. Chesterfield
7. Bradford City
8. Doncaster
9. Tranmere
10. Walsall
11.Wimbledon
12. Salford
13. Barrow
14. Carlisle
15. Crewe
16. Cheltenham
17. Grimsby
18. Colchester
19. Harrogate
20. Accrington
21. Bromley
22. Newport
23. Fleetwood
24. Morecambe

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Yeah, Holt's stock has plummeted dramatically. Used to look at Accrington and be a bit envious of them having him as their owner but he's been repeatedly tapping the self destruct button for a good few seasons now.

Think that’s harsh on Holt, his legacy on Stanley will be a very good one.

Tinpot and proud

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow
I’d beg to differ, I doubt any single manger would have thrown basically “play off” position away like he did, he gifted barrow fans the biggest footballing “blue balls” in our history :)
I personally like him but he isn’t the messiah....he’s a very naughty boy !!!

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Think that’s harsh on Holt, his legacy on Stanley will be a very good one.
No question on the job he's done, I meant his stock has plummeted in terms of several questionable rants and outbursts in the media and on Twitter. For example, I thought he came off really badly in all that Wrexham ticket stuff last season.

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
I’ve held off on having a go at this for as long as possible to see what players move where and what the general consensus from other teams fans are, but can’t see my opinion changing from now till start of the season so may as well have a crack at it.

1. MK Dons
2. Doncaster Rovers
3. Chesterfield
4. Bradford City
5. Gillingham
6. AFC Wimbledon
7. Port Vale
8. Salford
9. Crewe Alexandra
10. Tranmere
11. Bromley
12. Colchester United
13. Carlisle United
14. Walsall
15. Swindon
16. Grimsby
17. Notts County
18. Fleetwood
19. Cheltenham
20. Barrow
21. Accrington
22. Newport
23. Morecambe
24. Harrogate

Few of my thoughts on the above for anyone that cares:

IMO, the predicted top 3 have the best squads in the league and also have some upwards momentum about them. MK & Donny had some very good form about them in the second half of last season, and both seem to have added well to their squads along with keeping hold of their managers. We (Chesterfield) obviously won the National League, have IMO the best manager in the league & have added to what was already a good squad, in key areas that needed addressing/improving. Cook & the main bulk of our squad have been here for a season or two now so we have that continuity which I think is absolutely massive. You never quite know how a brand new set of players are going to gel when you have mass incomings in one window.

Regards the predicted play off teams, I think there are x4 really solid teams in there who are all capable of a top 3 finish if they put decent runs together at key times. Only reason I have Vale in that last P/O spot rather than higher is because despite being much fancied, I know how difficult it can be to turn momentum round after a relegation. On paper they’ve brought some really good players in, but still obviously a lot of players from last year still in and around it and still unconvinced by Moore too. Could be a slow start for them before picking up…

In terms of a couple of sides people might be surprised with for different reasons.. I’ve gone for Bromley in the top half because I think people are massively underestimating them because they’re a small club from non league. They’re fit, they’re strong, they’ve got a mega experienced spine & a proven goalscorer up top with youth and pace in and around them, and they’ve got a manager who’s going to go on to have a good EFL management career IMO (as much as I despise the twat). Also momentum after a good couple of seasons & promotion last time out. Other scale of surprises is that I’ve got Carlisle down in 13th despite many fancying them to do well. As I mentioned with Vale, I think shaking that losing mentality they’ve had is harder than many think, and I can see them starting the season very poorly. They remind me Oldham in the NL last year, where a couple of eye catching signings (Wyke / Hayden = Norwood / Raglan at Oldham) has taken peoples focus off their obvious many shortcomings that led to them stinking league 1 out last year. Reckon in Jan they’ll spunk a load of cash to put things right, maybe change the gaffer etc and get themselves to mid table security by the end of season. Another possible surprise (maybe not for some), is Notts County down in 17th. I just look at that squad on paper, and I’m unconvinced by so many of those players. From the promotion winning side they’ve lost their talisman striker, their captain (as much as I’ve never actually rated him as a footballer he was obviously influential off the pitch), their best midfielder to injury (question marks as to whether he comes back the same player), and of course, their manager. Their form in the 2nd half of last season was obviously horrendous, and this manager of theirs was an absolute stinker of an appointment. He is so far out of his depth at this level and a club of Notts size, I’d be surprised if he makes it past Christmas. When Williams left I think they should have gone for Parkinson at Alty who I know they went in for previous. Far better manager than Maynard in every way.

Relegated sides, I’m going for Morecambe because once again on paper looks a crap squad, and then the off field issues they’ve had too… recipe for disaster that. Harrogate I think have outstayed their welcome and time for them to return to their natural level. Seen murmurs of the owner starting to withdraw funding, so writing on the wall for them at some point soon (hopefully this year).

Of course, all just my opinion, feel free to disagree. I’m sure these predictions will look daft come the end of the season anyway, they normally do :lol:

Last edited:

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
1. Doncaster Rovers
2. Gillingham
3. Milton Keynes
-------------------
4. Chesterfield
5. Port Vale
6. Bradford
7. Notts County
--------------------
8.Colchester
9. Carlisle
10. Walsall
11. Wimbledon
12. Salford
13. Swindon
14. Tranmere Rovers
15. Crewe Alexandra
16. Accrington
17. Bromley
18. Grimsby
19. Cheltenham
20. Fleetwood
21 Barrow
22. Harrogate
--------------------
23. Newport
24. Morecambe

I found this harder than usual to call. Top end, there are more clubs than the norm, who fall into the decent squad/unsure about the manager category. Port Vale are the prime example, but for instance, Williamson at MKD made a few strange calls, which might have cost promotion last season. At the other end of the table, Morecambe remain vulnerable until their ownership is in safer hands, while Newport and Barrow have made risky management changes which may work against them. My predictions for this end are made with much less confidence than for those at the top.

My team Tranmere Rovers did well in renewing contracts for all the players Adkins wanted to re-sign. While there has been some quality new blood joining the club, we are still 3 short of the 25 man squad Nigel was aiming for. With 6 out injured, we're down to 16 fit players and while our first choice xi is capable of giving any League 2 opponent a hard time, the patched up side we may be fielding in the early games, may operate against a good start to the campaign.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I’ve held off on having a go at this for as long as possible to see what players move where and what the general consensus from other teams fans are, but can’t see my opinion changing from now till start of the season so may as well have a crack at it.

1. MK Dons
2. Doncaster Rovers
3. Chesterfield
4. Bradford City
5. Gillingham
6. AFC Wimbledon
7. Port Vale
8. Salford
9. Crewe Alexandra
10. Tranmere
11. Bromley
12. Colchester United
13. Carlisle United
14. Walsall
15. Swindon
16. Grimsby
17. Notts County
18. Fleetwood
19. Cheltenham
20. Barrow
21. Accrington
22. Newport
23. Morecambe
24. Harrogate

Few of my thoughts on the above for anyone that cares:

IMO, the predicted top 3 have the best squads in the league and also have some upwards momentum about them. MK & Donny had some very good form about them in the second half of last season, and both seem to have added well to their squads along with keeping hold of their managers. We (Chesterfield) obviously won the National League, have IMO the best manager in the league & have added to what was already a good squad, in key areas that needed addressing/improving. Cook & the main bulk of our squad have been here for a season or two now so we have that continuity which I think is absolutely massive. You never quite know how a brand new set of players are going to gel when you have mass incomings in one window.

Regards the predicted play off teams, I think there are x4 really solid teams in there who are all capable of a top 3 finish if they put decent runs together at key times. Only reason I have Vale in that last P/O spot rather than higher is because despite being much fancied, I know how difficult it can be to turn momentum round after a relegation. On paper they’ve brought some really good players in, but still obviously a lot of players from last year still in and around it and still unconvinced by Moore too. Could be a slow start for them before picking up…

In terms of a couple of sides people might be surprised with for different reasons.. I’ve gone for Bromley in the top half because I think people are massively underestimating them because they’re a small club from non league. They’re fit, they’re strong, they’ve got a mega experienced spine & a proven goalscorer up top with youth and pace in and around them, and they’ve got a manager who’s going to go on to have a good EFL management career IMO (as much as I despise the twat). Also momentum after a good couple of seasons & promotion last time out. Other scale of surprises is that I’ve got Carlisle down in 13th despite many fancying them to do well. As I mentioned with Vale, I think shaking that losing mentality they’ve had is harder than many think, and I can see them starting the season very poorly. They remind me Oldham in the NL last year, where a couple of eye catching signings (Wyke / Hayden = Norwood / Raglan at Oldham) has taken peoples focus off their obvious many shortcomings that led to them stinking league 1 out last year. Reckon in Jan they’ll spunk a load of cash to put things right, maybe change the gaffer etc and get themselves to mid table security by the end of season. Another possible surprise (maybe not for some), is Notts County down in 17th. I just look at that squad on paper, and I’m unconvinced by so many of those players. From the promotion winning side they’ve lost their talisman striker, their captain (as much as I’ve never actually rated him as a footballer he was obviously influential off the pitch), their best midfielder to injury (question marks as to whether he comes back the same player), and of course, their manager. Their form in the 2nd half of last season was obviously horrendous, and this manager of theirs was an absolute stinker of an appointment. He is so far out of his depth at this level and a club of Notts size, I’d be surprised if he makes it past Christmas. When Williams left I think they should have gone for Parkinson at Alty who I know they went in for previous. Far better manager than Maynard in every way.

Relegated sides, I’m going for Morecambe because once again on paper looks a crap squad, and then the off field issues they’ve had too… recipe for disaster that. Harrogate I think have outstayed their welcome and time for them to return to their natural level. Seen murmurs of the owner starting to withdraw funding, so writing on the wall for them at some point soon (hopefully this year).

Of course, all just my opinion, feel free to disagree. I’m sure these predictions will look daft come the end of the season anyway, they normally do :lol:
Decent assessment.

On the Vale point it is certainly the main concern from the fan base when you listen to the POD or the Forum is can we get rid of the "losing mentality" with so many players left from last season even if they are likely not to feature much.

That will be the main initial challenge.

spireite

We used to make shit
Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
I'll have a laughable go then now we're getting a bit closer.

1. MK Dons - Should be winning the league really, but I expect it to be quite close between top 2
2. Doncaster Rovers - see above
3. Gillingham - have the resources to be top 3, seem to have added to an already decent side
4. Port Vale - look a strong outfit but how often does immediate bounceback happen. Might have to settle for playoffs
5. Carlisle - similar to Vale really
6. Bradford City - I can't put them higher because after all it's Bradford, but surely playoffs?
7. Salford - someone's got to fill the last playoff spot, and Salford always seem strong enough
8. AFC Wimbledon - seem a strong outfit usually, but struggled a bit to know where to put
9. Chesterfield - I've said since promotion a top half finish in our first season back in L2 would be a success. I think we might be higher for a lot of the season then perhaps fall away a little bit towards the end. Nothing really to back that up, just gut feeling. Wouldn't be surprised if we finished a bit higher, but just tempering expectations a bit. Bookies having us league winners is still fucking bonkers.
10. Tranmere - don't know really but I've got to put them somewhere
11. Crewe - seem to have lost some of their better players but Crewe never seem to struggle
12. Colchester United - *
13. Notts County - a few whispers of discontent over there and I think the whole world remains unconvinced about Maynard. Could be even lower than this for a lot of the season, then swap manager towards to end and climb into safe mid-table. Might have this one completely wrong
14. Walsall - *
15. Swindon - *
16. Grimsby - *
17. Barrow - *
18. Bromley - digging up that astro does give an element of doubt about if their strong home form will hold, but the manager there knows how to pick up enough results to be safe I think
19. Cheltenham- *
20. Fleetwood - am I right in thinking all is not rosy over there or something? Should have enough to not go down though you'd reckon
21. Accrington - not sure, but the bookies don't seem to fancy them
22. Morecambe - I've got memories of Morecambe always doing just enough and I think they will again
23. Newport - see Morecambe, so Newport might draw the short straw
24. Harrogate - need the natural order to return

* = don't know really but I've got to put them somewhere, can't picture them going down or anything

Last edited:

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Here we go then. I think last year I only got about 4 wrong.

1. MK Dons
2. Doncaster
3. Bradford
4. Wimbledon
5. Tranmere
6. Gillingham
7. Chesterfield
8. Port Vale
9. Notts County
10. Carlisle
11. Colchester
12. Walsall
13. Swindon
14. Salford
15. Crewe
16. Fleetwood
17. Barrow
18. Grimsby
19. Harrogate
20. Accrington
21. Cheltenham
22. Bromley
23. Newport
24. Morecambe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spireitelass97

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!