Stickied Confirmed Signings 2024/25

Master D

Reaction score
Supports
The Natural Order
I've absolutely no problem with you beating us to this latest signing, i couldn't see why we wanted him, we already have 5 players for his position! We would only have moved him out on loan anyway....
My comment on the wages was that one of your is still trying to pretend you are only paying £1000 for your top players, which is a joke, given how much you are paying the 2 players you were able to get that we were in for. If your fans want to blatantly lie, then that's fine, but don't expect us all to fall for it.
Your club are spending massive money, good luck to them, but apparently its not sustainable....fans from "big" clubs will tell you that, whilst they mull around in mid table for the next 10 years and still end up in debt.
"The Vision" is alive and well and is now being followed by at least 5 clubs in this league, who are sick & bored of all the old has-been failure clubs at this level.

Yeah, you don't sound bothered at all.

gijsbert_bos

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
I've absolutely no problem with you beating us to this latest signing, i couldn't see why we wanted him, we already have 5 players for his position! We would only have moved him out on loan anyway....
My comment on the wages was that one of your is still trying to pretend you are only paying £1000 for your top players, which is a joke, given how much you are paying the 2 players you were able to get that we were in for. If your fans want to blatantly lie, then that's fine, but don't expect us all to fall for it.
Your club are spending massive money, good luck to them, but apparently its not sustainable....fans from "big" clubs will tell you that, whilst they mull around in mid table for the next 10 years and still end up in debt.
"The Vision" is alive and well and is now being followed by at least 5 clubs in this league, who are sick & bored of all the old has-been failure clubs at this level.

I don't really know why I'm dignifying this uninformed drivel with a response, but I guess I'm just bored. Anyway, I'm not sure who the other player you mention losing out on to us is, but in the case of Whitehouse, as others have pointed out, he lives around 45 minutes away from us and every club he has ever played for fits within about an hour and a half of Worksop. Eastleigh, in contrast, is three and a half hours away. It is also a tinpot club with barely any fans. Our Official Site quotes Danny Cowley as saying the following:

"Nuneaton had substantially bigger offers from other clubs and Elliott could have earned more money elsewhere, however he was adamant that this is where he wanted to play his football. I think as a club that is something that we should be really proud of."

I'd also point to the number of players saying how impresssed they are with the Cowley brothers' approach. They're the most talked-about and exciting management team in non-league football. Signings are also impressed by the ground, the training facilities and the size of our support (which is up by 30% this year). The city can clearly support league football and has spent 95% of its existence in the Football League. We finally have the management team and small amount of financial clout to take advantage of that. The combination of the two is bringing a virtuous circle; we get a little investment and spend it on recruiting the best management team we can get (no contracts to pay off as they were reportedly not on contracts at Braintree), the management team use a 'moneyball' approach to pick up the likes of Margetts, who wasn't really sought-after for whatever reason, sell him on, make some money, re-invest it, win games, more people come to watch, earn more money, re-invest it. It's not rocket science. Maybe if more clubs took more care in recruiting their manager, so that when he gets the budget he doesn't piss it up the wall, things might go a bit better. Recruiting the same old failures like Mills, Brabin, Burr etc defies all logic.

gijsbert_bos

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
And this:

Yes we are. Had a bid accepted last week but couldn't agree terms with Whitehouse. Has been said he is settled in the area and would take a big offer to move to Fylde.

Apparently we have opened talks again, but I believe he will go to Lincoln.

I know it might be hard to swallow, but not everyone gets a hard-on for the wads of cash VISION™ Eastleigh are offering.

Davidimp

Reaction score
Supports
The Imps and Spurs
Twitter
@DavidImp1972
As usual GB our friends at two clubs let what they believe get in the way of the truth but what do we know it's only the club we follow hey? In my case nearly 35 years.

Imp in Branston

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
I couldn't have written anything better myself Gis, though you know the deluded ones will not listen. It does seem we have rattled a few cages, maybe because we aren't the traditional whipping boys that everyone expects to easily beat this season and flounder for once. We may only have the Cowleys on board for a couple of seasons, but hopefully Clive Nates (the SA) investor will stay around a good deal longer. However it's a million miles away from the likes of what Dale Vince or Stewart Donald are doing.

Davidimp

Reaction score
Supports
The Imps and Spurs
Twitter
@DavidImp1972
Ronnie Moore was telling our match summariser that Eastleigh have a bigger budget than his last club Hartlepool and equal to a mid table league one side, make of that what you will.....

Sparrow

Reaction score
Supports
Woking FC
Blimey. Imagine how much more Lincoln's must be then.

Bigluke

Reaction score
Supports
dover
I don't deny it, I would love a benefactor who rubber stamped £2,£3000+ pw signings and with equal honesty don't deny that I am envious of clubs who already do. But always thought FGR had the biggest budget, but have quickly realised that Eastleigh can top even theirs. It does rather put our alleged budget into some perspective.

Eastleigh Fan

Reaction score
Supports
Eastleigh
Yip our budget is huge and we pay big money, just feel sorry for the naive Lincoln fans still think their club are paying their players 2001 wages.....Maybe the fans up there also work for 2001 wages in their jobs, its completely acceptable & realistic in Lincoln apparently.

Coaster

Reaction score
Supports
Afc Fylde
And this:

I know it might be hard to swallow, but not everyone gets a hard-on for the wads of cash VISION™ Eastleigh are offering.

He asked us for 1k plus and the club wouldnt pay it. Despite us having money and yes we built a new ground and pay well in wages. The club have said they just pay silly wages for the sake of it.

I actually admire Whitehouse for saying he wants to stay in the area and turning down better wages elsewhere. Hes settled and wants to play local to home. Makes a change

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
At this level, Clubs aren't paying any rent for players who move to the area either so the wages have to reflect that aspect, too. They'd be financially better off earning less closer to home.

gijsbert_bos

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Yip our budget is huge and we pay big money, just feel sorry for the naive Lincoln fans still think their club are paying their players 2001 wages.....Maybe the fans up there also work for 2001 wages in their jobs, its completely acceptable & realistic in Lincoln apparently.

You're showing yourself up a little there mate. 2001 was the high-point for wages at Lincoln. It was the time of ITV Digital, when League teams thought all their Christmases had come at once and started paying silly money. It's not coincidence that many League teams suffered administration shortly after the collapse of ITV Digital.

As Luke mentions above, players have to factor in accommodation and relocation. At this level players aren't earning much more than 'normal' people and if they have a family to think about then the upheaval of moving elsewhere often isn't worth a few hundred quid a week extra.

There's also the fact that living costs in the Midlands are significantly lower than they are in the south east. I say this is as someone from Lincolnshire who now lives in East London. Have a look on Rightmove at rent and house prices in Worksop...

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Yeah, I was going to say.

Of all the years you could have picked and you've opted to our historical high point because of ITV Digital, so strictly speaking, I agree with you!

Davidimp

Reaction score
Supports
The Imps and Spurs
Twitter
@DavidImp1972
He doesn't bloody listen lads so there no point even trying to have a debate with him. He clearly thinks we're paying league one wages like they do. If we were paying the wages he thinks we are the bank would call it's debt in straight in one go or close us down.
Probably thinks we've got squad as big as theirs too!!!

Davidimp

Reaction score
Supports
The Imps and Spurs
Twitter
@DavidImp1972
Yeah, I was going to say.

Of all the years you could have picked and you've opted to our historical high point because of ITV Digital, so strictly speaking, I agree with you!
All those big earners pretty much left that summer with the exceptions of Marriott and Gain who took pay cuts to stay.

Bigluke

Reaction score
Supports
dover

We were told that Ragget, is on a four figure a week salary, some suggesting it was much as £1200. Still not huge, but certainly a comfortable wage that millions would like to be on, and by moving would have pretty much doubled his wages at his time with us. I know some Dover supporters are still bitter, and sideways move and all that, and whilst I do appreciate why there is an element of the latter, who would not move to double their wages?

Eastleigh Fan

Reaction score
Supports
Eastleigh
My bad, i meant 2007, not 2001.
I was going off Luke Imps comment "In recent history, and off the top of my head, Rob Burch was on about £1.5k/week in 2007/08".

So the implication is that, even though in 2007 you were at a higher level, that 9 yrs later in 2016/17, you are paying all your players less now than you were back then. With the cost of living and salary increases in all walks of life since 2007, i find that very hard to believe that your players are earning less than 33% than they were 9 yrs ago.
Would any of you work for 33% less than you were in 2007... and this at a time when there is more money in football, even at this level, than there ever has been before.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
I don't deny it, I would love a benefactor who rubber stamped £2,£3000+ pw signings and with equal honesty don't deny that I am envious of clubs who already do. But always thought FGR had the biggest budget, but have quickly realised that Eastleigh can top even theirs. It does rather put our alleged budget into some perspective.

Dale Vince has said our budget is definitely top 6, but not as big as some. By some I presume he meant Lincoln, and probably Tranmere and Eastleigh plus maybe Boreham Wood.

You could argue we're actually punching above our weight budget wise.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
My bad, i meant 2007, not 2001.
I was going off Luke Imps comment "In recent history, and off the top of my head, Rob Burch was on about £1.5k/week in 2007/08".

So the implication is that, even though in 2007 you were at a higher level, that 9 yrs later in 2016/17, you are paying all your players less now than you were back then. With the cost of living and salary increases in all walks of life since 2007, i find that very hard to believe that your players are earning less than 33% than they were 9 yrs ago.
Would any of you work for 33% less than you were in 2007... and this at a time when there is more money in football, even at this level, than there ever has been before.

You certainly are a bit simple, aren't you?
Do you think any of the current players have been with the side for those nine years?
Do you think that Wigan's current players (in the Championship) are on the same wages that the likes of Emile Heskey and Titus Bramble were being paid nine years ago by the same club in a division higher?

However, being an Eastleigh fan, I don't suspect you had any knowledge or interest in football back then.

Eastleigh Fan

Reaction score
Supports
Eastleigh
Nope, not simple.
Nope i don't expect Wigan's players to be on what Emile Heskey was on.
However, given Lincoln are clearly spunking a lot of money on transfer fees, it doesn't compute that the players they are bringing in are on 33% less than a player you had 9 years ago at L2 level. L2 wages, even back then, were not like they are in the Premier league, so the Heskey comment is a rather" simple" and non applicable comparison to make. The PL is nothing like any other level of football.
But L2 and the National League do not have much of a gap in wages at all. So again, as you seem simple, do you really expect your top 4-5 players to only be on 800 a week (less than 1000), when you are spunking close to £100k on 2 players transfer fees?
Get real. You are going for it big time and have massively increased the wage bill this season and are blowing the £1.5 a week in 2007 salaries out the water.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
Nope, not simple.
Nope i don't expect Wigan's players to be on what Emile Heskey was on.
However, given Lincoln are clearly spunking a lot of money on transfer fees, it doesn't compute that the players they are bringing in are on 33% less than a player you had 9 years ago at L2 level. L2 wages, even back then, were not like they are in the Premier league, so the Heskey comment is a rather" simple" and non applicable comparison to make. The PL is nothing like any other level of football.
But L2 and the National League do not have much of a gap in wages at all. So again, as you seem simple, do you really expect your top 4-5 players to only be on 800 a week (less than 1000), when you are spunking close to £100k on 2 players transfer fees?
Get real. You are going for it big time and have massively increased the wage bill this season and are blowing the £1.5 a week in 2007 salaries out the water.

Of course it's a fair comparison - the PL of nine years ago is not the same PL that it is today. Conversely, L2 wages were significantly higher than non-league wages back nine years ago (with the exception of a couple of free-spending clubs at this level.
I'm not a Lincoln fan, so I have no agenda or am not in denial about anything.

What you haven't done is offered up any examples of any Lincoln players that could possibly be being paid these astronomical wages. There is nobody in their squad that has a profile beyond non-league football (with the exception of Rhead, who is clearly not on more than £1k). I think your own perception of non-league wages is warped by being an Eastleigh fan.

Davidimp

Reaction score
Supports
The Imps and Spurs
Twitter
@DavidImp1972
Of course it's a fair comparison - the PL of nine years ago is not the same PL that it is today. Conversely, L2 wages were significantly higher than non-league wages back nine years ago (with the exception of a couple of free-spending clubs at this level.
I'm not a Lincoln fan, so I have no agenda or am not in denial about anything.

What you haven't done is offered up any examples of any Lincoln players that could possibly be being paid these astronomical wages. There is nobody in their squad that has a profile beyond non-league football (with the exception of Rhead, who is clearly not on more than £1k). I think your own perception of non-league wages is warped by being an Eastleigh fan.
Spot on and couldn't have put it better myself :bravo:

Davidimp

Reaction score
Supports
The Imps and Spurs
Twitter
@DavidImp1972
We could afford to pay more in wages prior to our relegation in 2011 as you get a small fortune in TV revenue, we have long since lost that. Ask any relegated that's been down here a while like Wrexham or Macclesfield and they will tell you the same they'll pay less in wages now than they before relegation as you get peanuts in tv money in this league and have generate your own money, through the turnstiles or find people to invest.
We used to get over a million a year basic from sky for being in the league then you get a healthy sum if you're a live game.

The_Boss

Reaction score
Supports
Macclesfield FC
We could afford to pay more in wages prior to our relegation in 2011 as you get a small fortune in TV revenue, we have long since lost that. Ask any relegated that's been down here a while like Wrexham or Macclesfield and they will tell you the same they'll pay less in wages now than they before relegation as you get peanuts in tv money in this league and have generate your own money, through the turnstiles or find people to invest.
We used to get over a million a year basic from sky for being in the league then you get a healthy sum if you're a live game.
Correct. Go back 10 years and I wouldn't at all be surprised if we had players on our books on £1,200+. We had Martin Bullock and Matty Hamshaw in their early 30's for us, plus a 34/35 year old Clyde Wijnhard up front with Jon Parkin. Back then we had a good income of money from TV, and played in front of at least 100% bigger crowds than now, every single home game.

Strangely enough we don't have the same quality players now as we did then, we wouldn't be in this fucking league if we did, so we don't pay the same wages. You might understand this when it all goes wrong at Eastleigh and you find yourself paying lower wages again in a few years time.

Edit - Not aimed at you David, just used your post to reply to.

GodsGift

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Why are we even dignifying this guy with a response? While Clive Nates' money has helped and we're now paying fees for players, we're clearly not paying anyone over £1,000 a week.

Davidimp

Reaction score
Supports
The Imps and Spurs
Twitter
@DavidImp1972
The Barrow lad got it spot on and not I'm bothering anymore, even their manager said they are paying league one wages so he thinks we are !! We weren't big payers when were in the league hence we always struggled to get players and how we ended up here in the first place.
He's happy enough believing we've struck oil at sinny bank and paying more than them even though we aren't signing league one players like they are with the likes of Johnson.

eightiesrobin

Reaction score
Supports
Altrincham
Danny Hattersley has left Altrincham by mutual consent. He looked as bad as any player I've ever seen wear the Alty shirt, alebit in the couple of times I saw him.

He did seem a genuinely nice fella though, and who knows, maybe he'll go somewhere and become a proper player, a la David Lynch at Halifax. Good luck to him.

Also, Fabio Bassangue (who he?) has departed. Quite possible the strangest signing in Alty history, the final nail in Neil Young's managerial coffin. Subbed after 17 minutes of his only game, the story being that he couldn't understand what his team mates were saying to him. Neil Young apparently failed to spot that in the 3 trainign sessions he spent here prior to his signing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
footman

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!