Stickied League 1 Transfer Rumours/Confirmed Transfers 2024/25

Moomin

Reaction score
Supports
ECFC
Any Huddersfield fans on here? We’ve just signed Patrick Jones from them for an undisclosed fee. A winger and never heard of him so any info appreciated.

Hudders

Reaction score
Supports
Huddersfield
Any Huddersfield fans on here? We’ve just signed Patrick Jones from them for an undisclosed fee. A winger and never heard of him so any info appreciated.
Surprised it’s permanent but we don’t play with wingers now so wasn’t going to feature. Highly rated coming through, he is very fast, direct and can skin a full back easy. Not very strong, not seen him play enough to say much else but that’s been his main issue, very very injury prone, think it’s a hamstring issue.

gary

Reaction score
Supports
afc wimbledon
Left back Jack Currie joins on a season long loan from Oxford, was wondering if we'd bring another left back in.

Literaly just need on central midflder and our squad will be complete, whether or not that happens tonight remains to be see

Left back Jack Currie joins on a season long loan from Oxford, was wondering if we'd bring another left back in.

Literaly just need on central midflder and our squad will be complete, whether or not that happens tonight remains to be seen.
Good signing for you. He was very good for us at Wimbledon. I really don't understand why Oxford signed him and didn't give him a chance. He's not the sort of player that needs to go out on loan to develop. He has the ability now. Bristol city wanted him last season but he stayed with us.

Moomin

Reaction score
Supports
ECFC
Surprised it’s permanent but we don’t play with wingers now so wasn’t going to feature. Highly rated coming through, he is very fast, direct and can skin a full back easy. Not very strong, not seen him play enough to say much else but that’s been his main issue, very very injury prone, think it’s a hamstring issue.
Cheers mate. Hopefully he can get over the injury problems and if he does, he sounds like a promising player.

Plenty of attacking options in the squad now, so it’s been a good window overall.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Reports saying we have signed Nigerian international Benjamin Tanimu from Tanzanian side Singida Black Stars for $850,00 Nigerian dollars.

To do this we only had to give our bank details to this , very well connected, Prince.

Casey

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Very much needs that connection with his Manager
You seemed surprised that we paid a fee for him, since we both came up three years ago like i said at the time Us Cambridge, Cheltenham and Morecambe would never play on a equal playing field again.
Birmingham should/will walk this league but we should be right behind them
We had a debate pre-season when you said Charlton would finish above us.....I still feel confident they wont but with what Evatt has paid out the owners are expecting promotion.
These are the players and fees we have paid in the last two years so promotion is expected.
Mcatee 1m Collins 800k Adeboyejo 500k Charles 350k Gomes 400k lolas 300k and Nlundulu 300k
We have turned 1m down this week for Adeboyejo and he does not start......Big pressure on Evatt
If you turned down £1m for Adeboyejo then someone wants their head testing in Bolton.

Yes and I stand by it, they finish above you because they have a top a manager. You spend a lot of money but are currently backing the wrong manager.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Also bizarrely, within a month of signing Harrison Biggins from Doncaster on a two year deal, we’ve sent him out on loan to Carlisle. No idea what’s going on at the club at the minute.
I hate to break it to you mate but Funso Ojo ain't going to solve your issues. A fair weather player, who looks like he should be really good and has the poise of a good player but rarely does anything to affect a game. Some Vale fans will say he's a good player but then can't really put their finger on anything positive he has done. He had half a dozen reasonable games at the start of last season, where he looked arsed. Other than that, he has really flattered to deceive in his time at the club.

When it isn't going well at a club, he's also got an attitude that absolutely stinks. Proper throws his toys out the pram and doesn't put in the effort.

I did say that Shrewsbury were worse than us last season. They've got rid of Dunkley, who I thought held them together at times. Their signings this summer stink of relegation signings. I'd be amazed if they don't drop this year.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Signed Dan Nlundulu on a season long loan from Bolton. He’s got an incredibly prolific 8 goals in 89 league appearances in his career so he’ll be a perfect number 9 for us.

Crikey, I know it's been 3 years since he was here on loan but he doesn't strike me as a Monk player - he's got the touch of a baby rhino.

Not sure whether Jefferson Louis was doing his Non-League tour when you were down there but he reminded me of him - he'll score the odd goal, had some decent physical attributes but so unpredictable that I'm not sure he knew what he was doing half the time.

LordJord

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
We have signed Tyler Roberts on a season long loan from Birmingham. remember him being at Leeds for some time, how was he for you brum fans? Even if he’s not a physical forward he’s another body we desperately needed up top and has pedigree from a higher level. Seems a great signing for us.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I hate to break it to you mate but Funso Ojo ain't going to solve your issues. A fair weather player, who looks like he should be really good and has the poise of a good player but rarely does anything to affect a game. Some Vale fans will say he's a good player but then can't really put their finger on anything positive he has done. He had half a dozen reasonable games at the start of last season, where he looked arsed. Other than that, he has really flattered to deceive in his time at the club.

When it isn't going well at a club, he's also got an attitude that absolutely stinks. Proper throws his toys out the pram and doesn't put in the effort.

I did say that Shrewsbury were worse than us last season. They've got rid of Dunkley, who I thought held them together at times. Their signings this summer stink of relegation signings. I'd be amazed if they don't drop this year.
Looked good with Arblaster and Devine but so would I, felt like he dialled it in when we needed his experience last season but never likely to be in the reckoning with the quality we’ve signed this summer like George Byers and Croasdale, the fact we’ve loaned him out says a lot, probably should of gone Bolton when he had the chance rather than stay and sign a three year deal but as long as Shrews are paying a good chunk of his wages then it’s a great deal for us.

As said the big concern based on his two years with us is he is not one to seemingly get in the trenches and battle it out in a relegation battle which you’d assume is what Shrewsbury would most likely be in this season.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town

Done hours ago, about £650k, which is poor really.

We’ve let swan go to crawley for £220k

We’ve replaced then with a forward from plymouth who’s scored 3 in 40 games.

We’re currently 10/1 to go down with skybet, fucking lump, i’ve had £30 on it.

In seriousness, i think over the season we’ll have enough about us but genuinely concerned.

Floreat Salopia

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury
Looked good with Arblaster and Devine but so would I, felt like he dialled it in when we needed his experience last season but never likely to be in the reckoning with the quality we’ve signed this summer like George Byers and Croasdale, the fact we’ve loaned him out says a lot, probably should of gone Bolton when he had the chance rather than stay and sign a three year deal but as long as Shrews are paying a good chunk of his wages then it’s a great deal for us.

As said the big concern based on his two years with us is he is not one to seemingly get in the trenches and battle it out in a relegation battle which you’d assume is what Shrewsbury would most likely be in this season.
Seem to remember you quite liking Ojo on here last season and wanted to keep him this summer, no doubting his ability he just had a poor attitude when Crosby left if I remember correctly(?)

Hurst knows him from his Scunthorpe days and him and especially Doig won’t put up with any shit from players so they must trust him to settle here. Ojo alongside Winchester/Rossiter is probably the best we can do with our current budget compared to the majority of this division so it’s not too bad on paper. I just worry about our defence more than the midfield and attack.

Throbber_for_Dunk

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge
Apparently he's cost us £500k?!
If the poppadoms are included, that's not a bad deal!

Not sure whether Jefferson Louis was doing his Non-League tour when you were down there but he reminded me of him - he'll score the odd goal, had some decent physical attributes but so unpredictable that I'm not sure he knew what he was doing half the time.

Jefferson Louis was doing his tour then, and he always scored against us despite always appearing to be a bit of a donkey.

I don't know whether to feel encouraged or not by that comparison with that context, but I'll give him a fair crack of the whip. Between the scoring records him and Loft, we should have at least 5 or 6 goals in us before the end of the season.

Last edited:

Floreat Salopia

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury

Like I said above, does seem to have had attitude problems but I trust Hurst to make the judgment to bring him in that he won’t do that here. We need to take risks as we’re in the bottom four budget wise in this league this season so can’t afford to splash out like others.

We played poorly in both games against you last season but still finished 7 points ahead and survived the drop, so don’t know how you can say we were worse than you personally. As for Dunkley, he was fine in a back 5 under Taylor but when we went to a back 4 in January under Hurst he went to shit and was one of our worst performing players in the second half of the season. He’s not up to League One standard these days, too slow.

I do agree with you with us dropping currently, it’s definitely going to be a tough, tough season. Our hopes of staying up rest on three loan players Sagoe Jn (Arsenal), O’Rielly (Aston Villa), Castledine (Chelsea). All three look far too good to be playing for a side fighting the drop in the third tier of English football but happy to have them.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Seem to remember you quite liking Ojo on here last season and wanted to keep him this summer, no doubting his ability he just had a poor attitude when Crosby left if I remember correctly(?)

Hurst knows him from his Scunthorpe days and him and especially Doig won’t put up with any shit from players so they must trust him to settle here. Ojo alongside Winchester/Rossiter is probably the best we can do with our current budget compared to the majority of this division so it’s not too bad on paper. I just worry about our defence more than the midfield and attack.
Yeah as I say first half of the season he looked good, but to caveat that he was partnered by a Premier League level midfielder and Alfie Devine, from our point of view if you down tools that is unacceptable at a working class club like ours and that was pretty much him done, if we could get early last seasons level Ojo we’d have one of the better players in L2 but guessing Moore doesn’t feel he will be and we’ve obviously had a big spending transfer window and simply signed better players so makes sense to get him out on loan/sell him.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
The one position everyonr has been shouting out is LWB and we've just signed Saxon Earley from Plymouth on season loan. I remember him previously, it seems another great signing
Nice to get an actual left sided defender in because we couldn't have plugged that position with wingers all the time up until January. Pretty sure he had an excellent loan spell at Stevenage in L2(?) before getting promoted with Plymouth in the same season.

Jay Benn has just departed for Bradford on loan, that one isn't a surprise.

Wraps up what, on paper, has been a decent summer for us. It's the most depth we've had in our squad since we've been in L1 but we have no cover for Erhahon really and whether we're one light at CB remains to be seen.

We look to have replaced Jensen and Sorenson pretty well. Obviously we'll have to wait and see on Cadamarteri but we've not replaced Mitchell, hence my comment about our CB numbers.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Done hours ago, about £650k, which is poor really.

We’ve let swan go to crawley for £220k

We’ve replaced then with a forward from plymouth who’s scored 3 in 40 games.

We’re currently 10/1 to go down with skybet, fucking lump, i’ve had £30 on it.

In seriousness, i think over the season we’ll have enough about us but genuinely concerned.

I think it’s more than that Adam, with the potential to go higher too.

He didn’t want to even consider a new deal so it’s good business for someone who cost us 25k.

dan_wrexhamafc

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Some very good signings for a few teams today.

Birmingham paying over 12mill for Stansfield is crazy
Kiellor-Dunn will do well at Barnsley.

Last edited:

dan_wrexhamafc

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Posh getting that City lad back is very good for them also. A lot of strong teams now.

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
We have signed Tyler Roberts on a season long loan from Birmingham. remember him being at Leeds for some time, how was he for you brum fans? Even if he’s not a physical forward he’s another body we desperately needed up top and has pedigree from a higher level. Seems a great signing for us.

Ridiculous signing for us. 20 caps for Wales, playing regularly in the prem under Bielsa, only 25. What a get that is.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Got to admit making nearly a million quid upfront and only bringing in a loan signing is very disappointing but Cloughie has always worked this way - if the deal is not right we will wait until it is.

We’ve still had a good window, Will Evans, Lee Gregory, FBT, Keanu Baccus, Deji - BUT we are a player short at the back and up top but we just gotta get on with it.

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
We have signed Shaq Forde from Watford on a 3 year deal.
Orient fans what are we getting I know nowt about the lad.

Pilot_Phonic

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Stansfield going for £20m is absoutely crazy. I never want to hear about us buying a league ever again! Sheesh.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Nice to get an actual left sided defender in because we couldn't have plugged that position with wingers all the time up until January. Pretty sure he had an excellent loan spell at Stevenage in L2(?) before getting promoted with Plymouth in the same season.

Jay Benn has just departed for Bradford on loan, that one isn't a surprise.

Wraps up what, on paper, has been a decent summer for us. It's the most depth we've had in our squad since we've been in L1 but we have no cover for Erhahon really and whether we're one light at CB remains to be seen.

We look to have replaced Jensen and Sorenson pretty well. Obviously we'll have to wait and see on Cadamarteri but we've not replaced Mitchell, hence my comment about our CB numbers.
We also agreed a compensation fee with Morecambe today for JJ McKiernan, which was heading to a tribunal.

Floreat Salopia

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury
Looking at the transfer fees paid this window and how this division has changed year on year over the last ten years is ridiculous. League One is as good as the Championship was ten years ago financially and I just don’t see how we can continue survive at this level without a new owner.

It’s sad seeing all this foreign investment ruin lower league football but it was only a matter of time. I mean, whether it’s 10, 15 or 20 million Birmingham have just paid in the third tier is just disgusting. Just can’t compete.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Got to admit making nearly a million quid upfront and only bringing in a loan signing is very disappointing but Cloughie has always worked this way - if the deal is not right we will wait until it is.

We’ve still had a good window, Will Evans, Lee Gregory, FBT, Keanu Baccus, Deji - BUT we are a player short at the back and up top but we just gotta get on with it.

Just wanna add, I do think fundamentally our recruitment team have failed due to the lack of a DKD replacement, the chairman confirmed the money is available so it’s a bit bizarre we’ve not found a way to get someone in. But we tryin to be frugal I suppose, also not convinced Will Swan replacement is an improvement either, jury is out on him tho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Upthegas

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!