Stickied League 2 Transfer Rumours/Confirmed Transfers 2024/25

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
According to our chairman (not the most reliable source), Dennis would have been the highest paid player in the last 15 years and Aspin wasn't prepared to do that.

Fair play to Notts County, they are really going for it but paying out a fee and ridiculous wages on a guy who has had one good season sounds like a gamble to me. Can you really sustain that sort of spending in League Two? I'm glad we pulled out of it, as it would have been detrimental to the squad.

Dan Jones and Duffy must have improved since they were with us. Jones was a decent attacker with a good left foot but couldn't defend for shit. Duffy was woeful in his final season and was the cause of a load of our conceded goals. It seems that League Two is their level.

We were paying pretty big wages out last season, just to players that Nolan didn’t really want. I would’ve thought that Dennis will be earning something similar to what Forte was. We seem to be going for the small but well paid squad route rather than having two players for each position, with lots of versatile players like Kellett, Hewitt and Alessandra capable of covering more than one position.

Jones is great - he does have flaws defensively and got completely rinsed by Jodi Jones on his Notts debut but more than makes up for it with his contribution in attack. Duffy is by no means universally loved but I think he’s solid enough - League Two is probably his level, a fit Dan Jones is a League One player though, as I think he was for Chesterfield.

TimeyWimey

Sustainable
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Crewe fans don't seem to have a very positive view about Davis which I find a bit strange.

You don't play almost 200 games for a club (many in League 1) if your not a half decent player

He isn't as terrible as some make out. He's about your bog standard League Two centre back. His time here was just constantly under a cloud.

I seem to remember him being golden boy when he first broke into the team with Dario playing him no matter what (and out of position). Then his dad became manager and because of that he was a very easy target when everything went to shit.

His dummy spitting when Dad got sacked tho, that was funny.

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
Unless they are homegrown It’s very hard to find a player who has scored 20+ goals in a season (and remember that was with a side that got relegated, so they certainly weren’t creating chances for fun last season) and not pay either a fee or big wages or both.

Every signing involving a 6 figure fee at this level is risky, but all you can do is go on his full season performance last term where he consistently got the better of L2 defences , he certainly wasn’t going to hang around after Chesterfields relegation so Notts or any club interested had to act now. I’m delighted we did, we couldn’t afford to go into another season without a couple of changes up front that’s for sure

Last edited:

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
We supposedly paid £350,000 for Woolery last year. Fucking disaster.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Unless they are homegrown It’s very hard to find a player who has scored 20+ goals in a season (and remember that was with a side that got relegated, so they certainly weren’t creating chances for fun last season) and not pay either a fee or big wages or both.

Every signing involving a 6 figure fee at this level is risky, but all you can do is go on his full season performance last term where he consistently got the better of L2 defences , he certainly wasn’t going to hang around after Chesterfields relegation so Notts or any club interested had to act now. I’m delighted we did, we could t afford to go into another season without a couple of changes up front that’s for sure

Its not a dig at Notts County it was just a report the chairman said regarding why we pulled out and have lodged bids elsewhere, he would of been one of our highest earners in 15 years (which considering Pope was on 4k a week in his previous stint give an idea on his demands).

Aspin didnt want to do that, similar to why he let Mad Gav go in January as he doesn't want to unsettle the dressing room, for us Dennis would be a luxury in that we have Pope who is a 20 goal striker so wouldn't make sense to blow the lot of the budget on another similar player and have the issue last year of no one to feed them!

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
There again, we got Marc Richards for fuck all and he knocked them in for fun.

I haven’t given up on Woolery yet - you have to factor in the Flitcroft effect for his liking of playing players out of position. He was never going to score many playing in goal!

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Woolery was never worth that much. only scored 4 goals for us in the Conference. Got good pace but his awareness and composure aren't usually that great, apart from when he plays against Tranmere for some reason.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Notts County are probably paying anywhere between 7-9k p/w for Hemmings and Dennis combined plus six figure fees for both!

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
There again, we got Marc Richards for fuck all and he knocked them in for fun.

I haven’t given up on Woolery yet - you have to factor in the Flitcroft effect for his liking of playing players out of position. He was never going to score many playing in goal!

Right own up, has flipflop been playing around with ya missus or a immediate family member?

It should only be Mansfield fans in the coming season constantly moaning about him.

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
Notts County are probably paying anywhere between 7-9k p/w for Hemmings and Dennis combined plus six figure fees for both!

Probably. Apparently. Allegedly.

You gotta speculate to accumulate Conks.
As a fan I don’t care , i view it simply as

Stead + Shola/Forte vs. Hemmings + Dennis

Which pairing would I want upfront for next season? Let’s just say for me, I’m happy to take the punt on these two

Last edited:

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
Duffy signs on again, so that’s the same back 4 as last season confirmed and a slight improvement and cheaper option in between the sticks.

Happy with that. Need O’Connor or a new midfielder next

Last edited:

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Crewe fans don't seem to have a very positive view about Davis which I find a bit strange.

You don't play almost 200 games for a club (many in League 1) if your not a half decent player

You do realise his Dad was the manager right?

If he wasn't related to the manager I guarantee he'd have been out in 2014 and he'd have played half the games he featured in. He never had the potential to play any higher than Crewe because he was slow, made too many mistakes and he was a very limited defender. He wasn't one of our worst though, but as Timey says, his time here was very much under a cloud.

In a Summer where we only signed a backup goalkeeper as we had to make a series of draconian cuts to our budget, he was celebrated like a £200,000 signing the moment he was given the number 3 shirt despite making 0 professional starts at league level and being played out of position at RB which caused our natural RB, Matt Tootle, to be played at LB. Where's the logic in that?

He made a few errors in his first few games which cost us points. In the end, emerging talent Kelvin Mellor would fill in at LB with Matt Tootle going back to RB. But the management (now under Steve) had a weird few games when they actually played him in CM. It was like they were trying to find any way possible to get him into the team. They even put Tootle in midfield to accommodate him towards the end of the season too. But he did do well towards the end.

Then in League One, I remember us having a shocker against Brentford where we were hammered 5-1. Mark Ellis (signed for £80,000 from Torquay) and Harry Davis playing at RB had two shocking games. So Davis pinpointed the blame on Adam Dugdale (the best of a bad bunch at the back that day) for the poor performance, exiled him from the team and tried Davis with Ellis at CB. Unless he was injured (which he would be for most of the next 4 years), Harry was here to stay at CB so long as he was fit and his Dad was the manager.

Our defence was very bad in League One bar for a few months when Harry Davis was injured and we brought in an experienced centre half in Alan Tate from Swansea. The difference was phenomenal. So what did we do? Tate's legs had gone in fairness and he was injured so we couldn't sign him up permanently, but surely we realised Harry wasn't experienced enough or fit enough to last more than half a season to defend with another young defender like Ray or Guthrie?

Dad comes out saying "There's no need for an experienced defender when we have H at the club" which smacked of absolute nepotism for a start when he was a key contributor to us conceding tons of goals along with the other misfits we played alongside him. We then signed Ben Nugent, an average defender who actually did alright for us when we loaned another CB in he knew from Cardiff, Semi Ajayi after Harry had one of his many long-term injuries early on in the season. I mean the whole side was pitiful that season, but the best form we had was when those two were the defensive pairing.

Harry comes back from injury, Ajayi is fucked off back to Cardiff and we only win one game for the rest of the season. Captain Harry does his usual routine of making a mistake, a goal going in and then shouting and bawling at the nearest person to him. He was never captain material in the first place and we all know why he got that armband too, the same way he got a stupid contract that made him the highest paid player at the club. Nepotism.

Harry played every game for us in the 2016-17 season until his Dad was sacked and looked just as poor as he did in League One and we slid down towards the bottom 2. Then his Dad was sacked and I thought that this could be an opportunity for him to prove his critics wrong now his Dad was nowhere near the club. Unfortunately, he decided to kick off and go on strike. It's one thing being a poor footballer (we've had many and I don't dislike them but you cut your losses) but going on strike and disrespecting your lavish contract? I couldn't wait for us to get rid of the self-entitled prick.

So in conclusion, a mixture of nepotism, releasing injury prone players yet keeping him on and giving him two significant pay rises despite being a treatment room regular, too many second chances, self-entitlement, getting opportunities other players wouldn't get and being quite an odious character are the reasons why he's not looked at so fondly despite the 200 odd appearances he made for us (sadly). I'm one of those that rarely boos opposition players (our fans love booing Tom Pope for instance but I liked him when he was with us so I don't) but he'd deserve 90 minutes of boos for sure.

Least you didn't get his Dad to manage you, that would've been much, much worse...

Last edited:

Gatekeeper

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton United
Sutton United have signed 28-year-old FGR right back Dale Bennett on a two year contract.
Any good ?

Posh Harry

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Well everyone already knew that, I mean just look at this vid
W
You do realise his Dad was the manager right?

If he wasn't related to the manager I guarantee he'd have been out in 2014 and he'd have played half the games he featured in. He never had the potential to play any higher than Crewe because he was slow, made too many mistakes and he was a very limited defender. He wasn't one of our worst though, but as Timey says, his time here was very much under a cloud.

In a Summer where we only signed a backup goalkeeper as we had to make a series of draconian cuts to our budget, he was celebrated like a £200,000 signing the moment he was given the number 3 shirt despite making 0 professional starts at league level and being played out of position at RB which caused our natural RB, Matt Tootle, to be played at LB. Where's the logic in that?

He made a few errors in his first few games which cost us points. In the end, emerging talent Kelvin Mellor would fill in at LB with Matt Tootle going back to RB. But the management (now under Steve) had a weird few games when they actually played him in CM. It was like they were trying to find any way possible to get him into the team. They even put Tootle in midfield to accommodate him towards the end of the season too. But he did do well towards the end.

Then in League One, I remember us having a shocker against Brentford where we were hammered 5-1. Mark Ellis (signed for £80,000 from Torquay) and Harry Davis playing at RB had two shocking games. So Davis pinpointed the blame on Adam Dugdale (the best of a bad bunch at the back that day) for the poor performance, exiled him from the team and tried Davis with Ellis at CB. Unless he was injured (which he would be for most of the next 4 years), Harry was here to stay at CB so long as he was fit and his Dad was the manager.

Our defence was very bad in League One bar for a few months when Harry Davis was injured and we brought in an experienced centre half in Alan Tate from Swansea. The difference was phenomenal. So what did we do? Tate's legs had gone in fairness and he was injured so we couldn't sign him up permanently, but surely we realised Harry wasn't experienced enough or fit enough to last more than half a season to defend with another young defender like Ray or Guthrie?

Dad comes out saying "There's no need for an experienced defender when we have H at the club" which smacked of absolute nepotism for a start when he was a key contributor to us conceding tons of goals along with the other misfits we played alongside him. We then signed Ben Nugent, an average defender who actually did alright for us when we loaned another CB in he knew from Cardiff, Semi Ajayi after Harry had one of his many long-term injuries early on in the season. I mean the whole side was pitiful that season, but the best form we had was when those two were the defensive pairing.

Harry comes back from injury, Ajayi is fucked off back to Cardiff and we only win one game for the rest of the season. Captain Harry does his usual routine of making a mistake, a goal going in and then shouting and bawling at the nearest person to him. He was never captain material in the first place and we all know why he got that armband too, the same way he got a stupid contract that made him the highest paid player at the club. Nepotism.

Harry played every game for us in the 2016-17 season until his Dad was sacked and looked just as poor as he did in League One and we slid down towards the bottom 2. Then his Dad was sacked and I thought that this could be an opportunity for him to prove his critics wrong now his Dad was nowhere near the club. Unfortunately, he decided to kick off and go on strike. It's one thing being a poor footballer (we've had many and I don't dislike them but you cut your losses) but going on strike and disrespecting your lavish contract? I couldn't wait for us to get rid of the self-entitled prick.

So in conclusion, a mixture of nepotism, releasing injury prone players yet keeping him on and giving him two significant pay rises despite being a treatment room regular, too many second chances, self-entitlement, getting opportunities other players wouldn't get and being quite an odious character are the reasons why he's not looked at so fondly despite the 200 odd appearances he made for us (sadly). I'm one of those that rarely boos opposition players (our fans love booing Tom Pope for instance but I liked him when he was with us so I don't) but he'd deserve 90 minutes of boos for sure.

Least you didn't get his Dad to manage you, that would've been much, much worse...

Well, at least you’re not bitter!!

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Sutton United have signed 28-year-old FGR right back Dale Bennett on a two year contract.
Any good ?

Dale got a minutes applause in the 2nd minute (his shirt no.) of our last game of the season. Tells you everything, fans favourite and FGR legend. Top bloke and a great player. Brilliant signing for you.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Yep he is a proven quality player at Conference level, I'm surprised FGR let him go. What is the story behind that? I never got the impression he was out of his depth last season?
Edit: Apologies if we covered that in the match thread of the aforementioned applause. We were too busy spanking you again. ;)

Last edited:

Gatekeeper

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton United
It seems he wanted to work closed to home. Than you all for the feed back.

Davidimp

Reaction score
Supports
The Imps and Spurs
Twitter
@DavidImp1972
Our keeper Paul Farman is joining Stevenage today apparently, very good for us in the NL winning side but really was shown up by the step up last season let some really soft goals in last season.

UTS

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
Latest rumours for us:

Jermaine Beckford to stay at Bury... surprised at this given his injury record and high wage. Best player in the league if you can somehow keep him fit.

Harry Bunn to move to Fleetwood.

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
Wow Beckford in L2, didn’t think that would happen. I've always been very impressed by him, whenever I saw him play especially for Leeds

UTS don’t mention player wages it’ll trigger certain fans on here to get their knickers in a twist and Quoting the definitive weekly wage of all high profile signings.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Although not confirmed Junior Morais appears to have signed judging by his re-tweeting of links to us and bants with Leon Legge and Tom Pope on the dressing room next year... Aspin on holiday so if the case expect it to be confirmed early next week upon his return with Waters.

If as it looks its a done deal I will be absolutely chuffed!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leomary2000

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!