Supports
Notts County
Could not predict the first team

Can definitely predict us taking the lead and losing it

SuperHans

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
I asked this question earlier in the thread, but is Colclough actually out?
Cook said post match he’d done his calf, but he was on the bench?
Are we sure he wasn’t just nursing it?

Anyway, even if he’s fit enough to be in the squad I can’t see him starting with the doubt about his calf. Would likely be an attacking midfield 3 of: Jacobs Dobra Markanday

We have ridiculous depth in that area of the pitch really don’t we

Yeah we do. I don't know the answer re. Colclough but I don't Cook would have mentioned it if it weren't a worry. Really dissapointed for Mandy - he has been a class act for us.

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
Yeah we do. I don't know the answer re. Colclough but I don't Cook would have mentioned it if it weren't a worry. Really dissapointed for Mandy - he has been a class act for us.
Gutted for Mandeville, really hope it’s not too bad and he’s back soon. As you say, a class act for us and probably our best player overall throughout our National League years in terms of longevity & consistency. Will be a big miss for us whilst he’s out.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
We’ll it doesn’t look like we’ll bring in a midfielder ahead of this game. So for the third game in a row we go in with two available midfielders, the worst midfield in the football league, which includes an out of favour centre back playing as a DM and a player who runs like he’s got lead in his boots. An absolute disgraceful job from our so called head of recruitment given our budget.

Based on this I can’t see anything other than a Barrow win sadly. Rooted to the bottom of the football league.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
Based on this I can’t see anything other than a Barrow win sadly.

Famous words of yours.

That worked once before mate but I doubt it will again.

Can't see us scoring a goal nevermind 5.

CFC91

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
Gutted for Mandeville, really hope it’s not too bad and he’s back soon. As you say, a class act for us and probably our best player overall throughout our National League years in terms of longevity & consistency. Will be a big miss for us whilst he’s out.
Colclough got something else on his plate imminently I believe, so could be linked.

Not heard good news about Mandy. Could be a bad one

Crewe fans - on the train tomorrow, where will be open at 11am and is there any good bars to watch the early KO? TIA

spireite

We used to make shit
Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
Colclough got something else on his plate imminently I believe, so could be linked.

Crewe fans - on the train tomorrow, where will be open at 11am and is there any good bars to watch the early KO? TIA
Not that bloody pub thing? Thought that was all in the past?

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Should be a decent game, we got through Tuesday without risking players so most have had a full week and hopefully 1 or 2 of the missing players are fit enough to play a part. Benicio looked very good first half and looks a real handful running at players so would like to see him feature.

Performance is important tomorrow, regardless of result performing in front of an expectant home crowd after last season's awful home form would go a long way to settling nerves. We've only won once at Vale Park in 2024 and thats the one game I was away for!

Hopefully can build some momentum and build on a superb away win last weekend.

1-1 Paton

Scum.

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
Our season is off to a flying start. We are missing Nico Lawrence, Laurence Maguire, Liam Kelly and Matt Dennis for tomorrow supposedly, all through injury.

Third defeat in a row me thinks.

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Throughout my time following us, we rarely turn up in games against 'rivals' no matter what league we are in or how good we are. Not expecting that to change. Oh, and I still haven't seen us win away in the EFL.

2-1 loss.

joethegill

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Morecambe away is a decent chance to put more points on the board I'd wager, but a lot comes down to who we have available. Masterson and Dieng picked up injuries against Carlisle to add to Nevitt, Andrews and Coleman who were already out, so there's quite a strong spine missing already. We're a bit stretched in central midfield, with the Carlisle game seeing McKenzie (more of a defender) partnering Armani Little who wasn't expected to be included having missed all bar 45 minutes of pre-season action. With a tricky Swansea game tonight, I wonder if we might just chalk that one up as a loss now and focus on getting a stronger side out for Saturday - I certainly wouldn't be against it. Will have to see how the squad deals with tonight before thoughts turn to a line up for Saturday, but fingers crossed we can go up there and take the points.

Morecambe 1-2 Gills
Looks like we're without Masterson, Dieng, Nevitt, Andrews, Coleman, Euan Williams for this one, plus of course Dack who is only starting his pre-season now really. Aaron Rowe is also a doubt, and Hutton missed midweek with illness, so we've got a few issues.

Turner
Hutton (McKenzie) - Ehmer - Ogie - Clark
Little - McKenzie
Nolan - J.Williams - Clarke
Wakeling​

Morris, Giles, Rowe/Gale, Hawkins, Gbode, Lapslie, Wyllie

I still think we have a good squad there, but it's a fairly light bench with 3 kids, one ex-part timer and two transfer listed players. If we can get towards a fully fit squad we'll have some options though.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
I'm going to assume Smith, Byers and Stockley are not going to be ready to start though Moore has said they're back in full training. I'm guessing they will be more likely for the Barrow game the following week or maybe get some minutes in the Pizza Trophy at Salford so would go

Ripley
Sang Heneghan Hall Hart
Croasdale Garrity
Benicio Chislett Curtis
Paton

Last edited:

BlackHaddock

Reaction score
Supports
The Mighty Mariners
Has anybody got a full 1st Team out tomorrow, all I am reading is injury woes (just like us), we should have a full subs bench but it wont be hardened pros sat on it.

Tinpot and proud

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow
Has anybody got a full 1st Team out tomorrow, all I am reading is injury woes (just like us), we should have a full subs bench but it wont be hardened pros sat on it.
We got 2 full starting 11,s man for man basically interchangeable.....this is the beauty of not recruiting “lower league superstars” or “must have” players....yes on paper squads like ours are never “the best” but over a season getting the best mean average full squad will always cause less headaches.

dannyc5

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe

Unfortunately, most of the pubs around the ground are shut now. Those that remain are pretty shit. The express is just about the best that is close to the ground. Pretty cheap as well and will have the football on.

CFC91

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
Unfortunately, most of the pubs around the ground are shut now. Those that remain are pretty shit. The express is just about the best that is close to the ground. Pretty cheap as well and will have the football on.
Thanks mate

A lad from that way said Express, Retro Bar & Kings Arms (if heading a bit further away from station). Assume all 3 will be ok?

CFC91

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
Not that bloody pub thing? Thought that was all in the past?
Still ongoing in the background, he is injured and not involved tomorrow as well

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
Crewe away then. Thought we did more than enough in the first half to get the game won against Swindon but unfortunately a horrific referee decision, a great save from Swindon’s keeper & then a worldie from their centre half meant we had to settle for a point.

From what I gather from Crewe fans, they dropped a stinker of a performance up at Barrow so I’m sure their gaffer & team will be wanting to up it and see a reaction in their first home game of the season. But have also seen a few things about their poor home form at the back end of last year so hopefully that continues here.

Obviously we still have the Derby game to get out the way first, in which I can see us lining up very similar to the Swindon game without too much rotation with it being a local game. With it being early days in the season too, I actually think the line up at Crewe will be similar once again (barring any injuries midweek) and can see us looking something like this:

Boot
Tanton Naylor Dunkley Gordon
Banks Oldaker
Jacobs Dobra Colclough
Grigg

Daley-Thompson
Jamie Grimes
Tim Akinola
James Berry
Liam Mandeville
Kane Drummond
Joe Quigley

Not ideal that our best CM Tom Naylor will have to remain at CB (Think it’ll still be a game too soon to throw Grimes straight back in who has just come back to training after picking up a knock), although he is more than capable there and has played there quite a lot during his career, also Oldaker & Banks I thought played really well against Swindon so that lessens the loss of Naylor from the middle.

Think Jacobs will switch with Mandeville midweek, but then be back in for this game. I fancy him to have a really good season with a proper pre season behind him this year after signing on the eve of the season last year and never really hit the heights he’s obviously capable of. Dobra the star man against Swindon, and expect him to play well again, but I fancy Colclough to really turn up against his old side and get the win for us. He had the most dribbles completed by any player on the opening day which will probably be a regular thing this year, such a direct & powerful player and when at full flow so difficult to stop him.

1-3 away win, Colclough x2 & Grigg (P)
Okay coming back to this, few changes in my predicted XI after a few injury issues and new signings coming in since.

I’m going for:

Boot
Tanton Dunkley Grimes Gordon
Naylor Oldaker
Murkanday Banks Dobra
Grigg

Harvey Araujo
Daley-Campbell
Tim Akinola
Michael Jacobs
James Berry
Kane Drummond
Joe Quigley

We’ve now got Mandeville, Madden, Sheckleford & Palmer all out injured. Reading between the lines, I think Colclough’s ‘calf’ injury is actually code for dealing with an incident off the pitch as CFC91 alluded to. Also think Naylor & Tanton should be okay after picking up knocks midweek from what was said after the game about them being more precautionary than anything else.

With Grimes now back I can see Naylor moving back into the middle, and that free’s up Banks to go into the number 10 especially with so many injuries/doubts to players in that area of the pitch. I think the 10 is Banks best position anyway, he was brilliant there last season. Could easily be Jacobs who plays there instead though. Very excited to see what Murkanday can do in a Paul Cook team aswell, think his style suits the way we play down to a tee, would be surprised if he wasn’t thrown straight into tomorrow.

Still no GK on the bench until Tyrer re-signs soon…:animatedf:

Still fancying that 1-3 scoreline..

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers, Sporting Leyland
Lawlor back but Hurst is 50/50 for tomorrow.
TSL
Sterry Anderson Wood Fleming
Bailey Kelly
Molyneaux Sbarra Gibson
Ironside
Subs: Lawlor, Nixon, Olowu, Clifton, Westbrooke, Yeboah, Sharp

dannyc5

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Thanks mate

A lad from that way said Express, Retro Bar & Kings Arms (if heading a bit further away from station). Assume all 3 will be ok?
If you don't mind a bit of a walk, I would recommend starting at the Kings Arms then you can do a bit of a pub crawl back towards the ground. Around the Kings Arms is where the best pubs are now. If your train gets there at 11 you've got plenty of time. Probs about a 15 minute walk.

Kings Arms, Borough Arms (no sky but cracking beer options), The Crown, The Market Hall (same as The Borough) all good options. Then when heading to the ground you've got The Imp as a halfway house, then end in the Express or retro which are a 3 minute walk to the away end.

**Edit**

Plenty of taxis at the top of the station if you cba walking.

Last edited:

AlanPep

Reaction score
Supports
Bromley FC
Top 4 clash for our first Div 2 home game tomorrow lol. Expecting us and Wimbledon to make 5 or 6 changes to Tuesday nights Cup game but hopefully we can get a result. Early days, but a good test of where we are tomorrow

Kauto Star

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Unusually for us, we kicked off the season with just Callum Johnson unavailable through injury.

Vadaine Oliver added to that as he is ruled out tomorrow through the 7 day head injury protocol. Not that he will be missed though.

Huntsman94

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
I enjoy the games against Vale as they’re a good fan base similar to ours and the battles on the pitch are usually brilliant games. Always going to be tight affairs against two good sides and don’t think this will be any different.

There’s a nice sense of optimism around the club for this season and hopefully that continues here. 3 points would be magic but if that happens it’ll only be by one goal and likewise for Vale the other way around. I’ll go with a draw which I think all at Tranmere would be happy with.

1100+ making the trip to Staffordshire. Bring it on!

Reactions: Boz

RavenBish

Antihero
Reaction score
Supports
Shola Ameobi's Notts County
will just be happy if we can put out a team and MK haven’t signed all our players, assume no-one’s back so for me it should be

Bass
Macari Platt Bedeau
Jones Hinchy Edwards Chicksen
Crowley Grant
Jatta

Didzy, Scott, Austin off the bench

would love it if Gordon, Robertson, Palmer or Tsaroulla are back for a bit of a boost

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I enjoy the games against Vale as they’re a good fan base similar to ours and the battles on the pitch are usually brilliant games. Always going to be tight affairs against two good sides and don’t think this will be any different.

There’s a nice sense of optimism around the club for this season and hopefully that continues here. 3 points would be magic but if that happens it’ll only be by one goal and likewise for Vale the other way around. I’ll go with a draw which I think all at Tranmere would be happy with.

1100+ making the trip to Staffordshire. Bring it on!
Decent following that. Two proper teams and as you say, the matches are usually tight.

I'd say it'll be 10 games at least until we've settled as a team. We've got probably 7/8 out of 11 new lads, so it's going to take a bit of time. We just outbattled Salford last week, rather than playing them off the park. We're also missing 3 or 4 who I would consider 1st choices, who haven't really appeared in pre season, but they're all back in training. I think we'll get stronger as the season goes on as our squad depth in certain positions is as good as we have had for years. However, a good time to play us early on as we're likely to be a bit up and down.

Played our reserves and youth teamers in the week against a full strength Barrow, so nobody was particularly bothered about the defeat, as the performance was pretty good in the main. The lad we have on loan from Brighton is one of those small lads who is lightning quick and skillful. Could be fun if he starts, especially against Brad Walker who I really rate as a midfielder but when he played for us in defence he really struggled against pace.

I'll go for a 2-2 draw.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Decent following that. Two proper teams and as you say, the matches are usually tight.

I'd say it'll be 10 games at least until we've settled as a team. We've got probably 7/8 out of 11 new lads, so it's going to take a bit of time. We just outbattled Salford last week, rather than playing them off the park. We're also missing 3 or 4 who I would consider 1st choices, who haven't really appeared in pre season, but they're all back in training. I think we'll get stronger as the season goes on as our squad depth in certain positions is as good as we have had for years. However, a good time to play us early on as we're likely to be a bit up and down.

Played our reserves and youth teamers in the week against a full strength Barrow, so nobody was particularly bothered about the defeat, as the performance was pretty good in the main. The lad we have on loan from Brighton is one of those small lads who is lightning quick and skillful. Could be fun if he starts, especially against Brad Walker who I really rate as a midfielder but when he played for us in defence he really struggled against pace.

I'll go for a 2-2 draw.
Decent midfielder for us Brad, if he didn’t get injured at Hartlepool we probably go up Autos (not that I’d chance that play off route we had)… not sure where Tranmere play him but did struggle when we had to put him in defence.

Should get a good reception.

Still a lot of people on holidays but would hope for a decent crowd tomorrow, 7500-8000 surely.

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood
Hoping we can continue our steady start to the season with a visit Notts County on Sunday. Far too early to read anything into the results at the moment. It will be a good test for the Cods and think we can come away with a point, 1-1.

Optipez

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
will just be happy if we can put out a team and MK haven’t signed all our players, assume no-one’s back so for me it should be

Bass
Macari Platt Bedeau
Jones Hinchy Edwards Chicksen
Crowley Grant
Jatta

Didzy, Scott, Austin off the bench

would love it if Gordon, Robertson, Palmer or Tsaroulla are back for a bit of a boost
I'd put Austin on the right, Jones on the left ahead of Chicksen. I think you're right though, he's going to persist with Jones on the left.

Meadow

Not a lad
Reaction score
Supports
AFC Wimbledon
Played two, won two. Six goals for, three against. This can only mean one thing. Bromley win.

I'm not going as I didn't qualify for a ticket. I probably wouldn't have gone anyway as our 2009 conference south fixture there sticks in the memory. Horrible match, horrible day, horrible ground.

Huntsman94

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Decent midfielder for us Brad, if he didn’t get injured at Hartlepool we probably go up Autos (not that I’d chance that play off route we had)… not sure where Tranmere play him but did struggle when we had to put him in defence.

Should get a good reception.

Still a lot of people on holidays but would hope for a decent crowd tomorrow, 7500-8000 surely.

He’s usually a midfielder but we’ve had a couple of injuries at CB so he’s slotted in there. I’d imagine he’ll play there again today as not sure Turnbull is fully fit. His 1v1 defending needs work to play as a CB but his distribution is top drawer. Great to help build up attacks but maybe not agile enough to stop them the other way! That said we did just draw 0-0 to Notts County… Haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
betpaddi

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!