Saturday 9/1/16 Match Thread

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
After Brackleys performance in a 4-1 defeat to us today I think you should steer clear. Whats happened to Manny Smith this season?
Mills keeps playing him at RB.

Other than that he's been fine. Still a class act.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
That was crazy, I'm not sure we'll see a finish to a game like that again in a long time.

Their penalty was seen by neither the ref or the linesman, but the ref ummed and ahhhed and eventually bowed to the pressure from the home crowd. It'll certainly be interesting to see the highlights. Scott Davies rightfully remonstrated with the ref, which really endeared him to the Barrow faithful and players who made him their pantomime villain for the rest of the game.

We went 3-1 down to two proper sucker punch goals while we were looking for a winner, and we all thought it was another nail in Brabin's managerial coffin. However, the first bit of passion and desire I've seen from Tranmere in a rather long time led to a most remarkable injury time comeback, silencing the goading from the home fans.

Overall, dull for the majority of the game, but I'd argue on balance of play Tranmere deserved the win. It was no classic, but the last 5 minutes certainly will be remembered.

Yep, agree that Tranmere should've won more comfortably - don't think any Barrow fan could believe we were 2-1 up, let alone 3.
You're right in that the ref and linesman never saw the foul for our penalty - but it was a foul (I couldn't have been closer). Walker made a meal of it and screamed, and so did the fans! Not sure how I'd feel if it was given against us, but he got it right. Davies was being a cock about it though, holding up the penalty and then acting like a tit after it went in too. Thought number 12 was the biggest moaner of the lot though.
Would probably have felt better if you'd beaten us 3-1, which it should've been really.

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Brackley (Diggin 26) 1-4 Alfreton (Jones 53, Bradley 57, Wilson 74,Bradley 75)

Absolute Classic game of two halves today and a game which summed our season up. First half we were woeful. Bulled off the park who played the terrible pitch and weather better than us and we would have had no complaints to be three down at the break. Indebted to a trio of top Saves from Matt Duke for that.

Second half was like a role reversal.

Lindon Miekle was immense and quite simply too good for Brackley. He went on a 40 yard run before setting up Jones to level the game. Dan Bradley was then felled for stone wall penalty just minutes later. He stepped up to take but saw his initial effort saved before slotting the rebound home. He tore the Brackley left back to shreds all the second half and it was his cross which picked out Wilson with 15 minutes left. Wilson then superbly chipped the goalkeeper before less than a minute later Bradley raided down the left again and beat Hornby at his near post to seal the game 4-1.

The Brackley captain Ryan Austin was earlier sent off for the hosts for a late lunge with studs on Sam Smith which Brackley never really seemed to recover from.

Sparrow

Reaction score
Supports
Woking FC
By all means. I am as good as my word. I will leave if it happens. Sparrow/ChrisFGR/similar ilk would be delighted.

Why would you take a football forum so seriously though? :dk:

It's a lot more fun not being serious all the time.

Davidimp

Reaction score
Supports
The Imps and Spurs
Twitter
@DavidImp1972
People commenting on things they'd only seen first hand would make for a bloody dull forum imho.
I only try comment on stuff I've seen, wouldn't think fair to comment stuff otherwise be that at the game or via highlights but each to their own...

Aber gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol rovers
I only try comment on stuff I've seen, wouldn't think fair to comment stuff otherwise be that at the game or via highlights but each to their own...
Fair enough mate, I wasn't having a dig. I comment and pontificate on all sorts of shit that I have a vague understanding of. As you say each to their own .

Bluandwite

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
I go to every game, so to travel all the way down there, in monsoon conditions spending a shed load to watch a ref and fat linesman lumber about making fecking shite decisions like today has me as pissed off as I can be. Jon McCarthy had to be dragged off by a steward at half time because of it.

The ref has come out and said no contact when Aldershot's keeper rugby tackled Mahon, yet he's ended up going to hospital with concussion. How did he get that then, from thin air? Shafted.

Rooney's annoyed me as well today, comes on an scores a great goal and then follows it up with the most diabolical corner pretty much assisting Aldershot's third goal.

In rant mode. :bg:

Last edited:

slaphead

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot Town
The ref has come out and said no contact when Aldershot's keeper rugby tackled Mahon, yet he's ended up going to hospital with concussion. How did he get that then, from thin air? Shafted.

Smith got carted off to the menders because of the clash with Gallagher that led to the penalty farce. Nailed on penno though, Smith grabbed your lad by the ankle and pulled him over. Must have been the bang to the head that affected his thinking. Huxtable was horrendous again though, that I'll agree.

Bluandwite

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Smith got carted off to the menders because of the clash with Gallagher that led to the penalty farce. Nailed on penno though, Smith grabbed your lad by the ankle and pulled him over. Must have been the bang to the head that affected his thinking. Huxtable was horrendous again though, that I'll agree.
To be honest at the time I thought he hadn't given it because he thought Mahon might have lost control of the ball, heading out of play etc, but his apparent reasoning is just bizarre.

Ignore me though mate, it's just one of those things that's really annoyed me is all, nothing against you lot.

Pliny Harris

Frightened Inmate #2
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
The Provisional Brotherhood
Obviously DELIGHTED that this run we're on is less than a fluke, and in awe of the genius that can make it happen in a team who've just conceded 35 in their last 10 games, starting at Gateshead with a man sent off early on. I really don't know how you can motivate a team that much, given they're now playing better than you could ever have expected of them before game one. This league season's felt very long in perspective: 10 drawn-out games of hoping Aspin turns things around, 10 even more drawn-out games of watching an absolutely abysmal set of no-hopers, and now eight games where we've done well each and every time, counting down the days in anticipation of the next fixture because you've fallen in love with your team again, and in a big way.

Really mysterious where they're getting it from so far. Sure, the likes of Bencherif, Burrow and James are proven solid players and both shouldn't be part-time. However Tuton is pretty much self-made, no more than a successful trialist for us, and now his runs strike fear in the opposition. Creating enough chances for himself to justify his goal-a-game record under Harvey. McManus, our left-back, is a bellwether and is back to playing well. Our centre backs are getting more and more disciplined really. In the second half it was game over for Macclesfield whenever they faced Bencherif and Brown. We have a loanee for a captain in 30-year-old Wroe, and he's a pretty complete midfielder for this level, a very responsible head. New goalkeeper Johnson fluffed his lines once today by fumbling a cross but luckily survived it. He's becoming more competent, showing why he was starting for Port Vale a couple of seasons ago.

Goalie Johnson and midfielder Wroe are the two differences, otherwise we currently start with the same XI we began the season with. They looked like children in August though and moochers in October. Bizarre how things have changed.

Anyway, I felt we tore them apart, short of scoring, in the first half. More balanced in the second, but not as many chances either way. Felt we got most of it really. Hit the post, Bencherif cannoned a shot just wide, header from Burrow trickled just wide, rare volley from Roberts in added time was parried out of a corner. Deserved, was nice to be part of a decent crowd. Rain started hammering around the time of the goal and I love winning in the rain, it's strangely assuring. Hard to get any atmosphere going but we gave it a real go in the dying minutes and let off quite a cheer at the end.

Good luck Macclesfield until you play us again. Fellow travellers and it's great to get in for £5. #TheFaxMachine2016

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
I don't have to explain myself to anyone, especially wummers like your good self, but I am genuinely interested in lower league football, or in other words, League 2 downwards. Even when I'm in some European country, if I have time to go and watch a league match then I'll pick a lower division match every time.
Yeah yeah yeah mate, we all know you're just here for that award for the best poster who doesn't support a Non-League team!

Shotsfan1993

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot Town
Twitter
@SamOS1993
To be honest at the time I thought he hadn't given it because he thought Mahon might have lost control of the ball, heading out of play etc, but his apparent reasoning is just bizarre.

Ignore me though mate, it's just one of those things that's really annoyed me is all, nothing against you lot.

I don't blame you for being livid - I would be the same if it was the other way round. I thought we deserved the win 2nd half but if you go a goal up on half time with us down to 10 men its a completely different game!

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN
Bloody Mickey Mouse Macclesfield, we can't rely on anyone to do us a favour, looks like we'll have to do it all ourselves if we want that Conference North title next season. :dis:

SomeMightShay

Reaction score
Supports
FC Halifax Town
Twitter
@SomeMightShay
Didn't go today (thank god) but out Twitter feed made it sound like we got much more than we deserved today and should have been many more than 1-0. Fair play to Halifax, turning it around.

We need to get back on a consistent run again. Though I did say it a couple of weeks ago, we're very much in a false position due to number of games played.

Any idea what the home/away split on the gate was yesterday? Does it get announced?

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Seems to be a suggestion that the Dover played has done an obvious Tom Daley for their penalty and conned the ref. I've seen a still, but you can't tell too much from that.

Beevers isn't a CB for me.
We aren't good enough to play 4-4-2
Our CM pairings aren't good enough to play 4-4-2

High Horsey

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
One of the worst second half performances I can remember at the racecourse

Everything we do turns to crap. No matter who is in charge or who we sign , it never changes

Mills is putting himself under some severe pressure by making fundamental basic errors . A winger playing as a sole frontman . A fairly slow centre back playing as a full back . We've had fullbacks in midfield and have had umpteen loan signings given 20 minutes apiece.

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton

Everything we do turns to crap. No matter who is in charge or who we sign , it never changes

Mills is putting himself under some severe pressure by making fundamental basic errors . A winger playing as a sole frontman . A fairly slow centre back playing as a full back . We've had fullbacks in midfield and have had umpteen loan signings given 20 minutes apiece.
Welcome to the forum mate

Davidimp

Reaction score
Supports
The Imps and Spurs
Twitter
@DavidImp1972
Seems to be a suggestion that the Dover played has done an obvious Tom Daley for their penalty and conned the ref. I've seen a still, but you can't tell too much from that.

Beevers isn't a CB for me.
We aren't good enough to play 4-4-2
Our CM pairings aren't good enough to play 4-4-2
We hugely lack pace through the middle of team and we get caught by any team that has pace, Miller especially had a field day.
Modeste was a WUM all afternoon and gave the Lincoln fans the 'big un' after the game for apparent reason from what I could see.
Believe he has previous this season for diving etc?

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN

The crowd pimping way he celebrated their 3 goals against us at their place makes it hard to feel sympathy for him. Likewise Masterbator and his pre season smugness that Mills was the Messiah who was about to take them to the promised land. :bdick:

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Mills rates himself very highly. Good manager who plays nice football, but flawed and too stubborn to adapt his approach when things start going wrong.

Jimmy Harvey on the other hand, is once again proving what a legend he is. Should have managed much higher in his career really, but great to see him back in the game and doing a stunning job at Halifax. If he's still there next season i'd back them as dark horses for the play-offs.

Mark kavanagh

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
Mills rates himself very highly. Good manager who plays nice football, but flawed and too stubborn to adapt his approach when things start going wrong.

Jimmy Harvey on the other hand, is once again proving what a legend he is. Should have managed much higher in his career really, but great to see him back in the game and doing a stunning job at Halifax. If he's still there next season i'd back them as dark horses for the play-offs.

No need to explain to us tranmere supporters what a legend jim Harvey is, if palios was not our chairman he would be our next manager however with palios s renound lack of backbone brabin is here to stay .

The_Boss

Reaction score
Supports
Macclesfield FC
Any idea what the home/away split on the gate was yesterday? Does it get announced?

Just read on our forum there were 387 away fans in total of 2,055. Usually announced during last few mins of the game but figures came in late yesterday apparently.

Southern Shayman

Reaction score
Supports
Halifax Town
No need to explain to us tranmere supporters what a legend jim Harvey is, if palios was not our chairman he would be our next manager however with palios s renound lack of backbone brabin is here to stay .

To be fair, up until the last few weeks then it would have been ridiculous to even tout Harvey as a potential Tranmere boss. We were his first management job since leaving Stalybridige in 2013 - where he pulled up absolutely no trees in the Conf. North. So his last successful position would have been the FGR job he left in 2009? I'd be fairly confident in predicting, regardless of his status at Tranmere, your fanbase would have been disappointed in his appointment.

He has been absolutely excellent for us and is beyond a miracle worker. Only 2 of the side have changed since the dark days of the Cheltenham and Grimsby results yet we've been beyond transformed. He's put himself in a position now (in turning down an 18 month contract) that if he keeps us up, he will probably have a pick of 3 or 4 excellent jobs at this level when beforehand he wouldn't have had a sniff.

Will have worked out great for both of us, even if i am desperate for him to stay!

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
To be fair, up until the last few weeks then it would have been ridiculous to even tout Harvey as a potential Tranmere boss. We were his first management job since leaving Stalybridige in 2013 - where he pulled up absolutely no trees in the Conf. North. So his last successful position would have been the FGR job he left in 2009? I'd be fairly confident in predicting, regardless of his status at Tranmere, your fanbase would have been disappointed in his appointment.
Jim's often been touted as a potential Rovers boss on our forums, think he did apply when Lorraine Rogers was chair, but didn't get the job. Has been seen at a few of our games and think he would take the Rovers job if offered it. There wasn't a great deal of enthusiasm for Brabin when appointed, even less now. Don't rule out an approach for Jim Harvey at the end of the season though.

Southern Shayman

Reaction score
Supports
Halifax Town
Jim's often been touted as a potential Rovers boss on our forums, think he did apply when Lorraine Rogers was chair, but didn't get the job. Has been seen at a few of our games and think he would take the Rovers job if offered it. There wasn't a great deal of enthusiasm for Brabin when appointed, even less now. Don't rule out an approach for Jim Harvey at the end of the season though.

Fair enough, still don't think it was a conceivable appointment until this run.

Yeah it's got a sense of inevitability come the end of the season. There was a lot of worry on our forum that he'd get pinched due to being on a caretaker contract (until the morning of our game with you) and with Brabin doing so poorly.

Southern Shayman

Reaction score
Supports
Halifax Town
Good to see "one of the best pitches in non-league" at Barrow looking dreadful

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
Good to see "one of the best pitches in non-league" at Barrow looking dreadful

Not many pitches would look great after being flooded twice in three weeks - our pitch was second best behind Bristol Rovers last season according to some national non-league awards. It'll be fine in a few weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanPep

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!