Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City

LeWhites

Reaction score
Supports
Dover Athletic
Why is he unhappy?

I very much doubt we'll pay what you'll want anyway.
Because he can't get in the bloody side for some reason only Chris Kinnear knows. Got sent off 2nd game of the season and hasn't started since.

Out of contract at the end of the season so can't see anybody paying what we want for him

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
You're better off judging the article in the context of the conversation. Miller's name was put forward to him by Mark Whiley, who used to cover Boston when Miller there and knows him. You probably need to be more worried about Raggett, or even Whiley, saying something.

We actually tried for Miller in the summer but were met with a silly asking price of £100k or something. Maybe that's why he's unhappy.

LeWhites

Reaction score
Supports
Dover Athletic
You're better off judging the article in the context of the conversation. Miller's name was put forward to him by Mark Whiley, who used to cover Boston when Miller there and knows him. You probably need to be more worried about Raggett, or even Whiley, saying something.

We actually tried for Miller in the summer but were met with a silly asking price of £100k or something. Maybe that's why he's unhappy.
Miller is in no position to be unhappy with the club not letting him go given we're the only ones who gave him a chance when he was sacked by Luton. The least he can do is see out his contract.

Maybe there is something going on behind the scenes which is why he's not starting, who knows?

With all due respect to Lincoln, Raggett would have been gutted if you'd told him before the summer that that's where he'd be playing this season and the same goes to Miller. If he's going anywhere he deserves to go up not sideways

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
There must be something because you don't bench arguably your best player just for getting sent off.

I'd agree Raggett probably saw himself at an FL Club this season, following the likes of Payne and Deverdics, and although it's sideways in terms of division, it's a step up in terms of Club. We were probably his next best option, but it's not a bad one at this level.

EDIT - I think I read Kinnear and his agent don't see eye to eye or something? Or that agents find Dover difficult to deal with?

Forza Imps

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln
Miller is in no position to be unhappy with the club not letting him go given we're the only ones who gave him a chance when he was sacked by Luton. The least he can do is see out his contract.

Maybe there is something going on behind the scenes which is why he's not starting, who knows?

With all due respect to Lincoln, Raggett would have been gutted if you'd told him before the summer that that's where he'd be playing this season and the same goes to Miller. If he's going anywhere he deserves to go up not sideways

Sorry but Dover to Lincoln is not a sideways move.

Master D

Reaction score
Supports
The Natural Order
He's one of the best strikers at this level. We already knew Lincoln were going for it this season but this could put them right up there in a promotion scrap with FGR. This would be a good thing for this messageboard.

Imp in Branston

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
He's one of the best strikers at this level. We already knew Lincoln were going for it this season but this could put them right up there in a promotion scrap with FGR. This would be a good thing for this messageboard.

IF and its a big if though, Dover perfectly within their rights for that asking price, he is their player but if he isn't likely to renew his contract I guess that asking price will soon come down.

Bigluke

Reaction score
Supports
dover

So did FGR, and financially am guessing their package would have dwarfed most clubs, especially in consideration of what they reputedly then gave Tubbs when they couldn't get him.
I also think it does sound a bit silly, or would have done before the Margetts move, because if he is worth £100k, or at least someone is prepared to pay that, and am assuming here he was on a year long contract, then Miller would be an absolute snip at the same price. Since Holman and Amond left the league to pastures new, just don't see a better forward in the league do you?

Bigluke

Reaction score
Supports
dover
IF and its a big if though, Dover perfectly within their rights for that asking price, he is their player but if he isn't likely to renew his contract I guess that asking price will soon come down.

I guess that is the point in a nutshell, would any team turn down £70K, £80K for a player who wont be there come the end of the season, in reality you're paying an extra £10,000 a month just to have him there, which perhaps FGR apart will be a darn sight more than his wages.
Does that good commercial sense, almost certainly no!

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
So did FGR, and financially am guessing their package would have dwarfed most clubs, especially in consideration of what they reputedly then gave Tubbs when they couldn't get him.
I also think it does sound a bit silly, or would have done before the Margetts move, because if he is worth £100k, or at least someone is prepared to pay that, and am assuming here he was on a year long contract, then Miller would be an absolute snip at the same price. Since Holman and Amond left the league to pastures new, just don't see a better forward in the league do you?
Probably not his type of player, no, although truth be told, I've not seen a massive amount of Miller so I've been going off what the Boston lot said a few years back and how he's did before that with Stamford and has done with you.

FWIW, I don't think we'll be spending £100k on him, nor do I think we'll be seeing him in a Lincoln shirt in the next couple of months. Truth be told, if you're paying £100k for a player you'd be expecting him to do it in the FL as well, and, purely through lack of seeing him play, I'm not sure whether he'd do that.

Plus, your Board aren't going to allow your best(?) player to leave one month into the new season having already lost Raggett, Payne etc. Your Chairman probably doesn't like us anyway if the Raggett thing is going to tribunal. The test will be in January when the decision will be lose him on a free or cash in. There might even be FL Clubs having a sniff then.

Then there's also the question whether or not we're actually interested. The article makes out we are, but having listened to the press conference, it was the ex-Boston reporter who opened the Miller conversation towards the end of it by commenting on how he's had a lot of Lincoln fans tweeting him about going for Miller off the back of the Margetts sale and whether what we got for Margetts could, in theory, finance a move like that. It was more trying to get a gauge of what fee we got for Margetts.

Bigluke

Reaction score
Supports
dover
Probably not his type of player, no, although truth be told, I've not seen a massive amount of Miller so I've been going off what the Boston lot said a few years back and how he's did before that with Stamford and has done with you.

FWIW, I don't think we'll be spending £100k on him, nor do I think we'll be seeing him in a Lincoln shirt in the next couple of months. Truth be told, if you're paying £100k for a player you'd be expecting him to do it in the FL as well, and, purely through lack of seeing him play, I'm not sure whether he'd do that.

Plus, your Board aren't going to allow your best(?) player to leave one month into the new season having already lost Raggett, Payne etc. Your Chairman probably doesn't like us anyway if the Raggett thing is going to tribunal. The test will be in January when the decision will be lose him on a free or cash in. There might even be FL Clubs having a sniff then.

Then there's also the question whether or not we're actually interested. The article makes out we are, but having listened to the press conference, it was the ex-Boston reporter who opened the Miller conversation towards the end of it by commenting on how he's had a lot of Lincoln fans tweeting him about going for Miller off the back of the Margetts sale and whether what we got for Margetts could, in theory, finance a move like that. It was more trying to get a gauge of what fee we got for Margetts.

If you haven't see a player, how can you make an opinion Luke, on whether or not they may be good enough to move up a league (or two) Payne, albeit fortuitously (as they hadn't won promotion when he joined) is now in the championship though not starting too many I grant you, Miller, though a completely different player gives a team a lot more than Stef.
However you do make a lot of good points that can aimed at many players at this level who are in the last year if their contract. If they are good enough to play higher, and many are, the question is do they see the season out, and in all probability move on to the FL in the summer, or settle for a certain increase in wages and move to a team perhaps with better promotion credentials in the hope that they will get into the football league.
Players like Tubbs, at 31 is it, wouldn't give a toss either way if the reputed £30k+ signing on fee and £2K+ a week wages are accurate, as he is in a win win postion regardless.
But if any Conf team has to pay a transfer fee for a player, would that not then impact on the package they could offer that player. Signing on money, relocation package, weekly wage, bonuses etc and if it does, may not both parties be better waiting until the summer.
I agree with you on Miller, don't think it would cost anywhere £100K, if he was on a 2 year deal perhaps. Personally I think the fee would be nearer £70K mark, but come January if any teams were interested in him or indeed any player in any conference team, especially from a side without any promotion aspirations or relegation worries then it would probably be half of that figure

CrazyImp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Twitter
@Sam_LCFC_90
No, you're right. It's a move from a play off side to a mid table side
With due respect, you're speaking shit if you truly believe coming to us from you is a sideways move, looking at both squads this season and our respective resources.

Decent little effort there from you though, the less experienced eye may have fallen for that. 6.5/10.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
If you haven't see a player, how can you make an opinion Luke, on whether or not they may be good enough to move up a league (or two) Payne, albeit fortuitously (as they hadn't won promotion when he joined) is now in the championship though not starting too many I grant you, Miller, though a completely different player gives a team a lot more than Stef.
However you do make a lot of good points that can aimed at many players at this level who are in the last year if their contract. If they are good enough to play higher, and many are, the question is do they see the season out, and in all probability move on to the FL in the summer, or settle for a certain increase in wages and move to a team perhaps with better promotion credentials in the hope that they will get into the football league.
Players like Tubbs, at 31 is it, wouldn't give a toss either way if the reputed £30k+ signing on fee and £2K+ a week wages are accurate, as he is in a win win postion regardless.
But if any Conf team has to pay a transfer fee for a player, would that not then impact on the package they could offer that player. Signing on money, relocation package, weekly wage, bonuses etc and if it does, may not both parties be better waiting until the summer.
I agree with you on Miller, don't think it would cost anywhere £100K, if he was on a 2 year deal perhaps. Personally I think the fee would be nearer £70K mark, but come January if any teams were interested in him or indeed any player in any conference team, especially from a side without any promotion aspirations or relegation worries then it would probably be half of that figure
I didn't say I hadn't seen him, I said I have seen little of him.

I'd agree with your post, though.

Davidimp

Reaction score
Supports
The Imps and Spurs
Twitter
@DavidImp1972
We dont have to wait until January to sign Miller IF indeed we do sign him as the window is still open and is until almost the end of the season for this league.
Just saying like.
Sure he could play higher up Luton clearly thought he could, time will tell.
He might very well with us IF we signed and we went up of course.

Bigluke

Reaction score
Supports
dover
But in January, any club any league can speak to any player, and those with a few months left on theirs can obviously sign a pre contract agreement, which I assume is legally binding, which ,most certainly favours players over clubs

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
A Club can't without permission.

January's the earliest.

wilsontown

Reaction score
Supports
York City
Reading scouts were at our game on Saturday, supposedly to watch Aidan Connolly. Since he scored two and got an assist, he wouldn't have done his prospects any harm. Clearly far too good for this league so he'll surely be off at some point.

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
We dont have to wait until January to sign Miller IF indeed we do sign him as the window is still open and is until almost the end of the season for this league.
Just saying like.
Sure he could play higher up Luton clearly thought he could, time will tell.
He might very well with us IF we signed and we went up of course.

We also thought Ross Lafayette could step up during that time so I wouldn't put much stock in what we thought!

Being fair Miller was alright, perhaps never got a fair crack at the team here due to how we played. Remember a fairly decent goal against Tranmere but other than that he never really showed anything. He was certainly a lot better than Lafayette though that's for sure but he never looked like he could be a regular scorer at league level and the fact he couldn't push Cullen out of the side I think also says a fair amount about his time here.

We seem to be the only place he hasn't scored a lot of goals but it's also the highest level he has played so you can read that how you want really. Obviously found a decent bit of form since he was here and id suspect his sacking might have given him some motivation to prove himself.

Bigluke

Reaction score
Supports
dover
Very interesting. Not an aficionado on Luton, but do remember googling some facts when he joined us, and he scored 2 in 3 or 3 in 2 something like that at the club so in that respect, especially after seeing him play now every week now, it was surprise to all of us that Still hadn't made more use of him, but in turn hardly surprising he didn't score many if he only had that a mount of starts I suppose.

Totally different type of player to Lafayette whose never been prolific in front of goal, so to get four already is brilliant. Welling in the Conf South I guess was the exception I, but here is one for you, where did Lafayette play, either at Luton or Welling, through the middle or on the right?

My best memory thus far of Miller is when he absolutely tore another one of your old players Mcnulty a new bum hole away at Tranmere last season, I know he's getting on a bit now, but to me he's still the best reader of a game in the league and it was so funny watching him try and catch him!

Personally I genuinely think the lad would be better off staying where he is and walking back into the league in the summer which odds will happen, and to coin Le Whites phrase and echo his sentiments, fuck of Mr Cowley and leave our players alone

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Very interesting. Not an aficionado on Luton, but do remember googling some facts when he joined us, and he scored 2 in 3 or 3 in 2 something like that at the club so in that respect, especially after seeing him play now every week now, it was surprise to all of us that Still hadn't made more use of him, but in turn hardly surprising he didn't score many if he only had that a mount of starts I suppose.

Totally different type of player to Lafayette whose never been prolific in front of goal, so to get four already is brilliant. Welling in the Conf South I guess was the exception I, but here is one for you, where did Lafayette play, either at Luton or Welling, through the middle or on the right?

My best memory thus far of Miller is when he absolutely tore another one of your old players Mcnulty a new bum hole away at Tranmere last season, I know he's getting on a bit now, but to me he's still the best reader of a game in the league and it was so funny watching him try and catch him!

Personally I genuinely think the lad would be better off staying where he is and walking back into the league in the summer which odds will happen, and to coin Le Whites phrase and echo his sentiments, fuck of Mr Cowley and leave our players alone

The only Miller goal I remember is the one against Tranmere, and that was a sub appearance. I rarely remember him starting and to be honest of the 3 non league strikers we signed that season I remember thinking Walker (who I last checked was at Aldershot) was the best, and he scored regularly for the reserve side that year and looked lively in his, admittedly few, sub appearances. Having said that, we were very poor indeed going forward that season and the fact neither dislodged Cullen, a player who even at the time I was not a fan of, as first choice forward was a sign to me that neither of them was good enough. In his sub appearances he didn't really do a great deal either.

Like I said though, you could view it as a sign that he never got a fair chance, depending on your view.

Lafayette played through the middle for us. He had had a decent season for Welling the year before, including a very good goal against us late in the season. He never made the step up and was certainly very much out of his depth.

Bigluke

Reaction score
Supports
dover
You had Benson as well didn't you, can't believe he's still playing. Am sure he followed Still to D&R, he was slow a few years back, don't what the lad is like now

Imp in Branston

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Danny Cowley at Worcester v Alfreton game last night, we know the club are looking for a CM, Dan Bradley's name keeps popping up again, though mainly by the fans.

CrazyImp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Twitter
@Sam_LCFC_90
Danny Cowley at Worcester v Alfreton game last night, we know the club are looking for a CM, Dan Bradley's name keeps popping up again, though mainly by the fans.
Don't really know who else he'd be looking at. Another one that would improve the starting XI.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Upthegas

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!