Stickied Transfer Rumours & Confirmed Deals Thread 2024/25

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
OK I made a mistake... big woop. Second season - the point still stands that mid table is still a decent result. I'm not exactly an expert of any club other than my own. What exactly are you expecting this season considering they were just 1 win ahead of relegation last season? The signings don't exactly scream of anything other.
Top ten is the aim. And I'm sure when you signed Carlton Morris etc you werent expecting to end up in the Prem but a good manager and a collective team can take you places you only thought possible.

91SPP

Reaction score
Supports
Derby County
Not one of ours, but Osula being linked with a £10m move away to Newcastle certainly floored me.

There were times when he played for us that I would laugh because he was so erratic, lacked so much technical ability and seemingly not in control of his limbs for the most part. He was useful running beyond defenders, but play the ball into his feet and it was comical.

I simply cannot believe the striker market is at such a state where this is a viable transfer/value. David McGoldrick looked like Dennis Bergkamp in comparison.

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
Some talk of us loaning Ben Doak, despite some Prem clubs sniffing around him for a permanent transfer.

I know nothing about him but he seems one of Liverpool's top prospects, starting three games in the Europa League.

Supposedly an out and out winger though so would suggest a change in formation, possibly a 3-4-3.

Could be horseshit like, as it usually is.

Still waiting on Ilay Camara, reports in Belgium yesterday made it sound close.

91SPP

Reaction score
Supports
Derby County
Some talk of us loaning Ben Doak, despite some Prem clubs sniffing around him for a permanent transfer.

I know nothing about him but he seems one of Liverpool's top prospects, starting three games in the Europa League.

Supposedly an out and out winger though so would suggest a change in formation, possibly a 3-4-3.

Could be horseshit like, as it usually is.

Still waiting on Ilay Camara, reports in Belgium yesterday made it sound close.

Doak is very much the real deal, he played against us in the cup a couple of years ago and could tell that he had a very serious ceiling.

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
Doak is very much the real deal, he played against us in the cup a couple of years ago and could tell that he had a very serious ceiling.
Sounds like he won't be coming here then... although we have had some serious players on loan in recent years.

35 minutes after posting about Camara, it seems he's not one of the wingbacks we've been in talks with.

Fucking annoying these transfer windows.

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Bit of a strange one but a championship club are apparently signing Oscar Zambrano (it’s apparently Stoke). He’s a young Colombian midfielder who us and Brighton were linked with last season that fell through in some mysterious circumstances.

We put a lot of effort into it including sending people over too South America to try and get it done (which is obviously highly usual for us!). Would be a bit galling therefore to see him sign for someone else.

At this point I think even a very optimistic fan would be in agreement that it’s been a pretty frustrating summer for us.

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
Blackburn look fucked.

Szmodics leaving is inevitable, with rumours of a cut-down price if a Prem clubs comes in for him.

Sam Gallagher off to Stoke.

Plus they haven't replaced Wharton. Don't think they've spent a penny and there's little talk of them doing so.

Such a shame. Bell ends.

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Sky reporting a few clubs looking at Chong. We want 10m for him apparently.

I like him but be surprising if he’s the one who gets a Premier League move when there’s a few others who were more impactful last season than him who are still here with very sparse chatter about them (Doughty, Adebayo, Morris even Ogbene)

Kenneth E End

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Sky reporting a few clubs looking at Chong. We want 10m for him apparently.

I like him but be surprising if he’s the one who gets a Premier League move when there’s a few others who were more impactful last season than him who are still here with very sparse chatter about them (Doughty, Adebayo, Morris even Ogbene)
Still think £10M is on the slightly light side. We may have a sell on fee to Birmingham which could easily be £500K-£1M in itself. It would only mean a £3.5M profit after wages I suspect.

I honestly don’t blame any player who wants to get back to the highest level, as long as we are as a club are compensated accordingly.

I do feel our fans are slightly in the dark ages over sales - EVERY club is a selling club if the price is right, even the biggest. Yet we as a fan base seem to undervalue our players too. For example, I see Adebayo valued at around £10-15M by some. He’s worth £30M++ in my eyes.

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Still think £10M is on the slightly light side. We may have a sell on fee to Birmingham which could easily be £500K-£1M in itself. It would only mean a £3.5M profit after wages I suspect.

I honestly don’t blame any player who wants to get back to the highest level, as long as we are as a club are compensated accordingly.

I do feel our fans are slightly in the dark ages over sales - EVERY club is a selling club if the price is right, even the biggest. Yet we as a fan base seem to undervalue our players too. For example, I see Adebayo valued at around £10-15M by some. He’s worth £30M++ in my eyes.
Adebayo is difficult as we don’t really know his contract situation but if as is mentioned above players like Osula are being tagged for 10m, then surely Adebayo who got double figure goals in the Premier League is worth considerably more.

jhe10

Reaction score
Supports
Hull City
Bit of a strange one but a championship club are apparently signing Oscar Zambrano (it’s apparently Stoke). He’s a young Colombian midfielder who us and Brighton were linked with last season that fell through in some mysterious circumstances.

We put a lot of effort into it including sending people over too South America to try and get it done (which is obviously highly usual for us!). Would be a bit galling therefore to see him sign for someone else.

At this point I think even a very optimistic fan would be in agreement that it’s been a pretty frustrating summer for us.
It's us apparently, bit of a surprise.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Is it me or do Luton go overboard on values put on there players........Adebayo was just a bit better than average when he was at Walsall
Morris again ok in the lower leagues......You have had one decent season and i have heard wild claims on here their squad is valued at 200m plus.
You will get Parachute money but if you dont go up you may be stuck with Premier league wages and Lower Championship players

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Is it me or do Luton go overboard on values put on there players........Adebayo was just a bit better than average when he was at Walsall
Morris again ok in the lower leagues......You have had one decent season and i have heard wild claims on here their squad is valued at 200m plus.
You will get Parachute money but if you dont go up you may be stuck with Premier league wages and Lower Championship players

“One decent season” - we have had over a decade of improving the league position season on season, multiple promotions from the conference to the Premier League so really not sure what that’s about.

Not really sure what relevance how good Adebayo and Morris were when they joined us, it’s how good they are NOW that matters, and both are coming off a season where they scored double figures in the Premier League. There’s players without their records going for 10m plus. We don’t necessarily need to sell for the reasons you’ve given about parachute payments etc, and we didn’t go overboard on signings in the PL anyway, so why aren’t they worth very high values

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
“One decent season” - we have had over a decade of improving the league position season on season, multiple promotions from the conference to the Premier League so really not sure what that’s about.

Not really sure what relevance how good Adebayo and Morris were when they joined us, it’s how good they are NOW that matters, and both are coming off a season where they scored double figures in the Premier League. There’s players without their records going for 10m plus. We don’t necessarily need to sell for the reasons you’ve given about parachute payments etc, and we didn’t go overboard on signings in the PL anyway, so why aren’t they worth very high values
One question, if they are so good..........Why did you get relegated???
Improving from the conference and leagues 2 and 1 have no baring on Luton as they stand today.
Yes as a club you have come a long, long way but this season is the biggest in your History...Promotion and you could spend the next ten seasons in the Premier league.........Slip up and you may well be Bankrupt in the next five seasons

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
Surprised Dyche at Everton isn't sniffing around one of Adebayo or Morris, his type of hard-working, physical strikers.

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
Casper Terho, a 21yr old Finnish RWB at Royal Union in Belgium is a new name that has popped up on our forum.

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Improving from the conference and leagues 2 and 1 have no baring on Luton as they stand today.
Yes as a club you have come a long, long way but this season is the biggest in your History...Promotion and you could spend the next ten seasons in the Premier league.........Slip up and you may well be Bankrupt in the next five seasons
Pretty simplistic view of football you have if you don’t realise bad teams can have decent players and vice versa.

Arguably if you get double figures for goals in a bad team as a striker then that’s usually pretty good? And glad we agree that it’s not about past performance but what’s happening now.

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Surprised Dyche at Everton isn't sniffing around one of Adebayo or Morris, his type of hard-working, physical strikers.
Yep totally agree especially in Adebayo case, he’s perfect for that sort of style and would be a good back up to Calvert Lewin who is often injured

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
It's too early to be that drunk surely!

Reactions: SF_

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Townsend might be off to a team in Turkey. Not particularly fussed about that, feel like people were very keen to wrap him in the same breath as Barkley (has been PL players enjoying a career Indian summer) but he wasn’t nearly as good or impactful as Barkley was, he stopped featuring toward th end of the season despite the injuries too.

That area of the pitch is much too loaded up and we could do with bringing in some midfield players. Deathly quiet on the incoming front though so far

Kenneth E End

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
No loss on Townsend - model pro, but his performances seemed to decline significantly after receiving a contract until 2026...
What a crock of shite. You've also said: "Adebayo was just a bit better than average when he was at Walsall. Morris again ok in the lower leagues", yet improving from the Conference up has no bearing? Slightly contradictory?

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
It's too early to be that drunk surely!

No loss on Townsend - model pro, but his performances seemed to decline significantly after receiving a contract until 2026...

What a crock of shite. You've also said: "Adebayo was just a bit better than average when he was at Walsall. Morris again ok in the lower leagues", yet improving from the Conference up has no bearing? Slightly contradictory?
As a club you have risen the last 5/6 years but you have now faced your first relegation.
Where as a club do you go from here, another promotion and you may end up another Brighton or Brentford.
Two seasons ago you had a good team for the Championship but you only paid low championship wages.
All that has now changed those same players have had their wages doubled and trebled.
The championship is a cash cow
I can tell you ten teams that dropped out the Premiership and are very close now to Administration to join the likes of Bolton, Wigan and Reading

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
The point would be valid but we a) didn’t spend silly amounts to get there b) didn’t spend silly amounts WHEN we got there and c) haven’t spent silly amounts since leaving there (we have so far signed 2 free agents).

We also have some of the best owners in football as that over decade long upward curve shows.

We might not challenge to go up again (and got to be honest I’d be pretty fine with it now having been there and done it) but I’ve no concerns about the clubs financial situation.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
The point would be valid but we a) didn’t spend silly amounts to get there b) didn’t spend silly amounts WHEN we got there and c) haven’t spent silly amounts since leaving there (we have so far signed 2 free agents).

We also have some of the best owners in football as that over decade long upward curve shows.

We might not challenge to go up again (and got to be honest I’d be pretty fine with it now having been there and done it) but I’ve no concerns about the clubs financial situation.
Fair enough i do not have a clue about Lutons finances, it is just a lot harder on the way down than on the way up.

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Fair enough i do not have a clue about Lutons finances, it is just a lot harder on the way down than on the way up.
Very valid point to be fair but we haven’t spent a great deal at all by any normal standards, although no doubt wages will have gone up considerably.

Most of the PL money was earmarked for the stadium project. It’s actually a minor point of contention with some that we didn’t go all out to stay in the Premier League by doing what Ipswich are right now and spending 70m+ on players. I think we were well under 20 and didn’t really push the boat out at all

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Very valid point to be fair but we haven’t spent a great deal at all by any normal standards, although no doubt wages will have gone up considerably.

Most of the PL money was earmarked for the stadium project. It’s actually a minor point of contention with some that we didn’t go all out to stay in the Premier League by doing what Ipswich are right now and spending 70m+ on players. I think we were well under 20 and didn’t really push the boat out at all
Did the club use any PL monies to repay the debts owed to those you screwed when you went in admin?

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Did the club use any PL monies to repay the debts owed to those you screwed when you went in admin?
I think you more or less came out with the same statement about Bolton when we got new owners. I cannot comment on Lutons debt and who they owed money too.
Concerning Bolton debt when we went into administration ALL football debt and the Taxman got paid in full.
Our Ex owner who sanctioned most of the debt passed away and his family agreed to take a certain amount to settle his part of the debt. This was settled after the takeover. The only people out of pocket was the small business man who got i think 20p in the pound......Our new owners do not have any obligation to pay these debts, but if we ever get back to the Premier league i would hope that these same people would get everything plus interest back as a sign of goodwill

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
I think you more or less came out with the same statement about Bolton when we got new owners. I cannot comment on Lutons debt and who they owed money too.
Concerning Bolton debt when we went into administration ALL football debt and the Taxman got paid in full.
Our Ex owner who sanctioned most of the debt passed away and his family agreed to take a certain amount to settle his part of the debt. This was settled after the takeover. The only people out of pocket was the small business man who got i think 20p in the pound......Our new owners do not have any obligation to pay these debts, but if we ever get back to the Premier league i would hope that these same people would get everything plus interest back as a sign of goodwill
Don't remember you getting back in the Prem? ps you're making too hard a work of getting back to the Championship

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
betpaddi

Latest posts

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!