Stickied League 1 Transfer Rumours/Confirmed Transfers 2024/25

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Apparently there's a non-league striker we've been sniffing at that just had a League 2 club match their release clause. Seems to be a bit of indecisiveness of whether we'll try and match it or not. Look at the list, I can't see a lot of options out there that are at an age worth paying money for and with a decent record though.
Harry Cardwell maybe?

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
You can have the 10 best players in the league but if they don't bond and form a team, you'll never get out of this league.

The last 3 times we were promoted other teams had better squads.
we have not got the best 10 players in the league or we would have walked a bad league last season.
What we do have is players who have been at the club two three seasons and are getting better year on year.
Only one thing stopped us winning the league last season........Evatt playing one system
And only one thing stopped us getting Automatic promotion Injuries in Feb/March when our core of Baxter,Santos, Sheehan and Charles were all out injured.
Without doubt you will be up there.......Love him or hate him Evans will see to that

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Isn’t that great and isn’t good are two different ways of describing your squad.

Bolton squad - isn’t that great.
Cambridge squad - isn’t good.

Hope that helps.
One has climbed and progressed with two top 6 places in the last two years
Another Sold there best couple of players, Sacked their manager and signed the other teams released player
And hung on in the league by the skin of their teeth

Hope that helps you clear your mind

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
He is a weird one. We had him on loan a few years back and he came in with a big pedigree, due to him being a Spurs academy product etc. But he never made a league appearance for us and barely even made a squad.

Roll on a few months and he was playing for Huddersfield in the Championship, pretty consistently. I always wondered why he never worked here and maybe there’s something in his character that is holding him back?
Wednesday fans seemed to rate him as well a couple of seasons ago as well. He didn't get many appearances at St Mirren either (less than here) in the second half of last season, so I'm surprised they're looking to sign him.

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
One has climbed and progressed with two top 6 places in the last two years
Another Sold there best couple of players, Sacked their manager and signed the other teams released player
And hung on in the league by the skin of their teeth

Hope that helps you clear your mind
My mind is clear whereas yours seems to have turned this into Bolton v Cambridge because I don’t rate your squad or manager.

You boys are small fry this season with all your best players wanting out and will be lucky to make the play off’s. EIEIEIO.

folletto

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
Alex Mitchell confirmed yesterday. I'd say that's probably our defence sorted, although will likely get another keeper in.
Midfield still needs a fair bit of work. Need a number 10. We do still have Scott Fraser on the books although he's quite desperate to play back in Scotland.
Up front it's been rumoured we've agreed a fee with Ahadme, just a matter of personal terms. The May deal has gone a bit quiet for now but people still seem to think he will leave so will likely need another in.

Moomin

Reaction score
Supports
ECFC
Another day, another player linked by Alan Nixon.

We’re in for Malachi Boateng from Palace. Defensive midfielder and was on loan at Dundee last season. Think he’s the brother of our ex player, Hiram Boateng.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
My mind is clear whereas yours seems to have turned this into Bolton v Cambridge because I don’t rate your squad or manager.

You boys are small fry this season with all your best players wanting out and will be lucky to make the play off’s. EIEIEIO.
Rumours they want out. We already have a stronger squad than las season With George Johnston returning from a season long injury fit and ready to go plus the Additions of Forino and Southwood will either make our bench stronger or step in if we lose one or two
Dont think what you are saying is correct but only time will tell
You need to keep a eye on who Crawley and Stevenage are signing and not Bolton

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
No signings for us so far but apparently these are rumoured to be gas players soon;

GK - Cameron Dawson (Sheff Wed) free
CB - Taylor Moore (unattached) free
CB - Dan Ellison (Chippenham) Fee
AM - Isaac Hutchinson (Walsall) Fee

ive only heard of one of them, but I guess the ones I have heard of have all signed for Rotherham...

It seems Rotherham are signing the ones I havent heard of as well now. Hope they wear name tags for their first day of training

LordJord

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Another day, another player linked by Alan Nixon.

We’re in for Malachi Boateng from Palace. Defensive midfielder and was on loan at Dundee last season. Think he’s the brother of our ex player, Hiram Boateng.

A few weeks ago he said we were leading the race for him with Stevenage also interested. We had Hiram on loan for a period of time also. Apparently Malachi is a defensive midfielder which is something we are in need of after losing McWilliams.

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Alex Mitchell confirmed yesterday. I'd say that's probably our defence sorted, although will likely get another keeper in.
Midfield still needs a fair bit of work. Need a number 10. We do still have Scott Fraser on the books although he's quite desperate to play back in Scotland.
Up front it's been rumoured we've agreed a fee with Ahadme, just a matter of personal terms. The May deal has gone a bit quiet for now but people still seem to think he will leave so will likely need another in.
Could see you coming in for Allan Campbell from us (unless he wants to go back to Scotland). NJ loved him but Edwards does not. Dodgy loan at Millwall last year that didn’t work but a high energy box to box type midfield player who suits NJ high press style.

As for Number 10, would have thought that would be Berry for you?

Moomin

Reaction score
Supports
ECFC
A few weeks ago he said we were leading the race for him with Stevenage also interested. We had Hiram on loan for a period of time also. Apparently Malachi is a defensive midfielder which is something we are in need of after losing McWilliams.
Ah ok. Any idea if you’re in for him on a permanent or a loan? I would like us to get him in permanently if at all possible, but Palace may see him as one for the future.

We definitely need someone like him too and he looks to have impressed north of the border, so think he’d be a good signing for someone at our level.

folletto

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
Could see you coming in for Allan Campbell from us (unless he wants to go back to Scotland). NJ loved him but Edwards does not. Dodgy loan at Millwall last year that didn’t work but a high energy box to box type midfield player who suits NJ high press style.

As for Number 10, would have thought that would be Berry for you?
You may be right. I was under the impression that Berry would play in the double pivot alongside Conor Coventry a bit further back. If Jones does intend to play him as a 10 then a Campbell like player would be perfect.

LordJord

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Ah ok. Any idea if you’re in for him on a permanent or a loan? I would like us to get him in permanently if at all possible, but Palace may see him as one for the future.

We definitely need someone like him too and he looks to have impressed north of the border, so think he’d be a good signing for someone at our level.

I would assume we would be looking to bring him in on loan. I imagine Palace will want another season on a domestic loan and then probably look to sell.

Trying to not get on too much of a downer, but we have struggled to retain players and still yet to get anyone onboard. Still so early in the summer but would love to see someone come from the door soonish!

Moomin

Reaction score
Supports
ECFC
I would assume we would be looking to bring him in on loan. I imagine Palace will want another season on a domestic loan and then probably look to sell.

Trying to not get on too much of a downer, but we have struggled to retain players and still yet to get anyone onboard. Still so early in the summer but would love to see someone come from the door soonish!
Fair enough, will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Yeah, we had the same last summer, meaning we had to do a bit of a rebuild. It is frustrating when things take so long fall into place. I’d imagine things will start to really kick off across the board from next week once contracts officially expire.

Claret Forever

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton
I think Exeter are probably in a similar position to us financially in terms of having to wait until wages settle a bit. That said, we're lost 8 first teamers or squad players and brought no-one in, and have 0 Strikers on book, so we'd have to get a first signing in soon.
Harry Cardwell maybe?
Even at 27, that seems to old to make a step up from non-league to league 1 and expect development. Lorent Tolaj would fit profile the most that multiple bids would come in, apparently the League 2 club who have put a bid in are the first of many, but it's not confirmed whether we actually will bid the release clause or not yet.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Even at 27, that seems to old to make a step up from non-league to league 1 and expect development. Lorent Tolaj would fit profile the most that multiple bids would come in, apparently the League 2 club who have put a bid in are the first of many, but it's not confirmed whether we actually will bid the release clause or not yet.
Yeah, I agree Tolaj would be better than Cardwell. Cardwell was OK for us in NL for a short while, nothing more. Would be pretty underwhelming for League One. Tolaj played against us in the cup last season and looked a handful.

Laker

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
You may be right. I was under the impression that Berry would play in the double pivot alongside Conor Coventry a bit further back. If Jones does intend to play him as a 10 then a Campbell like player would be perfect.
Berry is better as a number 10 than deeper in midfield. I mean, he’s a good footballer so can turn his hand if needed. But being part of a slow build up isn’t his strength - he’s better at arriving at the right time into the box, or pressing opposition defenders into a mistake.

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Your money might not come out of Rob & Ryan's pockets but you are not 'uniquely funded'.

Despite the documentary and the TikTok sponsorship etc, you still owe Rob & Ryan Ltd a cool £9m! (according to your latest set of accounts.)

We are funded through advertising revenue deriving from media and social media exposure, with a particular emphasis on the American market. Two season ago our merchandising revenue from the US alone was 3.5m (and that has increased by all accounts) . There were suggestions that the level of revenue we were bringing in last season as a L2 side was around 20mil- mostly through sponsorship and foreign market merchandise, That seems quite unique to other lower league clubs to me? we can only do that because of having celebrity owners. Again, quite unique. There is a lot about the club that isn't unique - our owners have loaned the club money, and we do still need external money for big infrastructure projects like the new Kop, but that doesn't take away the fact we are the only lower league club in Britain driving revenue in the way we are doing it.

The owners did put in a lot of money initially, but that's because we were a club who had been badly underfunded for 15 years, didn't own a ground or training ground and needed a lot of initial investment in all aspects of the club. With the press release for the 22/23 accounts they said that revenue had now reached a point that the club is self sustaining.

Obviously this could be a flash in the pan, and I get how annoying the blanket media coverage of Wrexham for the past few years has been to everyone else but there is a lot of nonsense spoken about how we are financed.

TLDR : I disagree with you.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Is that the official refute the club hand out all Wrexham supporters to defend their club? Christ almighty.

Claret Forever

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton
I think the issue is more of the long of lines of how long will this pipeline exactly run for? Ticket income and to a lesser extent a proportion of TV money and central funding is forever, bringing in money from people in a foreign market's buying shirts in the middle of a popular documentary is not an income source that will survive 10, 15 years. If the normal revenue for a club of this level is like 6 - 9 million, and you're talking about getting tripiling your revenue due to it, I'd say that there's a very hard drop that is going to exist in the future that the club should be preparing for.

I've got no problem with Wrexham having money, I would much much rather that be the case that a passion project of a local billionaire funding a town of 10,000 into the League with less than a 1000 fans a game, but I do very much doubt the project will give you much other than a lot of short-term success over maybe half a decade or so, and if you're lucky enough the infrastructure and proper planning to cement you a solid League one club.

Any more than that, you need a multi-billionaire willing to burn cash in the tens of millions just to try and get a scent of the Premiership TV money like you have in the Championship.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Tom James new two year contract confirmed with ourselves, can play left or right back. Don't think we'd have got any better tbh, useful attacking player, gets caught out by pace and lack of awareness at times but happy to keep him.

Ideally we need another naturally left footed left back, but with James capable of playing either side we could get another right back in.

Need to sign a number one keeper soon ideally, we have two keepers under contract but Sam Howes isn't good enough long term and Rhys Byrne is only a youngster, but has looked ok in the few times he has played for us.

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
I think the issue is more of the long of lines of how long will this pipeline exactly run for? Ticket income and to a lesser extent a proportion of TV money and central funding is forever, bringing in money from people in a foreign market's buying shirts in the middle of a popular documentary is not an income source that will survive 10, 15 years. If the normal revenue for a club of this level is like 6 - 9 million, and you're talking about getting tripiling your revenue due to it, I'd say that there's a very hard drop that is going to exist in the future that the club should be preparing for.

I've got no problem with Wrexham having money, I would much much rather that be the case that a passion project of a local billionaire funding a town of 10,000 into the League with less than a 1000 fans a game, but I do very much doubt the project will give you much other than a lot of short-term success over maybe half a decade or so, and if you're lucky enough the infrastructure and proper planning to cement you a solid League one club.

Any more than that, you need a multi-billionaire willing to burn cash in the tens of millions just to try and get a scent of the Premiership TV money like you have in the Championship.

That is the question. No idea how long we can keep milking the Americans tbh. You'd imagine at some point interest will drop off. Hopefully by that point we are re-established as a league club with a decent ground, Training ground and funded Academy. We were without those things for too long.

Personally I've always just wanted to be back at this level, which was where the club were when I started going as a kid. Non league was a rough time.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Will Wright turns down our contract offer and signs for Swindon. That's 3 of the starting line up from Wembley turning down offers and signing for clubs in a lower division.

If only we had a pot to piss in.

Casey

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Will Wright turns down our contract offer and signs for Swindon. That's 3 of the starting line up from Wembley turning down offers and signing for clubs in a lower division.

If only we had a pot to piss in.

Casey

Thats rough. What's your squad looking like now?

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Rumours they want out. We already have a stronger squad than las season With George Johnston returning from a season long injury fit and ready to go plus the Additions of Forino and Southwood will either make our bench stronger or step in if we lose one or two
Dont think what you are saying is correct but only time will tell
You need to keep a eye on who Crawley and Stevenage are signing and not Bolton
What’s the got to do with who I think will get promoted. You’ve jumped on my opinion because it’s not the same as yours. Get over yourself.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
What’s the got to do with who I think will get promoted. You’ve jumped on my opinion because it’s not the same as yours. Get over yourself.
Dont care about your opinion, but i said i respect it
End of debate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulyidaho
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!