Stickied League 2 Transfer Rumours/Confirmed Transfers 2024/25

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Was Noble the guy who said he was 100% Notts would beat us that time? Most County fans were pretty certain too, what with all those Dutch superstars you signed.

Think we won 2-0 in the end.

That very much sounds like the kind of thing he'd say.

Fucked us that game, Clements (I think) got away with a yellow for an absolute horror tackle after about two minutes and the Dutch lads never fancied it after that.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Until reading this thread I never even knew that Cooper was ever Notts County manager.
Guess that's how good a job he did there then?

Lovejoy

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
We let him go because Mark Cooper had banished him from the club and effectively released him about a week before he became Forest Green manager (having been offered that job whilst still Notts manager, despite no official approach having been made to us).

I have no doubt that Notts' conduct in this could've been better, but the hypocrisy is utterly fucking incredible.

Huge difference in the situation with Cooper and Noble last season. Cooper didn't have a contract at Notts County in fact was set s points target to achieve in the short time he was there to earn one. He was then apparently offered a deal to stay but rejected it. Noble was also out of contract and a free agent at the end of the season.
Cooper could well have been playing clever releasing him to then sign him for FGR. However due to both of their contract situations they were completely free to talk to other clubs. The second major difference is that FGR just went and signed them. Didn't spend weeks trying to disprupt the situation with countless stories in the press and made up statements about the price agreed etc. Just look how Barnsley signed Pinnock much more professional.

Why were Notts County so keen to get him back? Well 24 assists and 8 goals from midfield a leader on the pitch and not even close to s red card.

Hopefully it's now all over and Noble does what always happens in football and scores the winner when we meet.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
We've signed young Chelsea keeper Bradley Collins on a season long loan, won 2 FA Youth cups and UEFA Youth leagues, plus played in the Checkatrade Trophy last season, saving 4 pens v Oxford.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Huge difference in the situation with Cooper and Noble last season. Cooper didn't have a contract at Notts County in fact was set s points target to achieve in the short time he was there to earn one. He was then apparently offered a deal to stay but rejected it. Noble was also out of contract and a free agent at the end of the season.
Cooper could well have been playing clever releasing him to then sign him for FGR. However due to both of their contract situations they were completely free to talk to other clubs. The second major difference is that FGR just went and signed them. Didn't spend weeks trying to disprupt the situation with countless stories in the press and made up statements about the price agreed etc. Just look how Barnsley signed Pinnock much more professional.

Why were Notts County so keen to get him back? Well 24 assists and 8 goals from midfield a leader on the pitch and not even close to s red card.

Hopefully it's now all over and Noble does what always happens in football and scores the winner when we meet.

Cooper had a contract until the end of the season. If you were speaking to him before then (and he was at your play off game a day or two later and had been denying it for a couple of weeks), you were breaking the rules. I doubt we cared enough about keeping Cooper to make anything of it, but don't get all sanctimonious about us doing something similar now.

What Cooper did with Noble is more of an issue, though. Can you not see how basically telling a player he won't play for the club you currently manage again, whilst knowing that you're about to move to another club - who you then sign him for - is very dodgy at best?

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
What Cooper did with Noble is more of an issue, though. Can you not see how basically telling a player he won't play for the club you currently manage again, whilst knowing that you're about to move to another club - who you then sign him for - is very dodgy at best?

No facts to back that up. How do you know Coops already knew he was coming here at that point?

And Noble signed for us more then a month after we appointed Cooper. Nothing stopped you offering him a new deal in that time.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
No facts to back that up. How do you know Coops already knew he was coming here at that point?

And Noble signed for us more then a month after we appointed Cooper. Nothing stopped you offering him a new deal in that time.

We had no manager and Noble had been told to go to Newcastle and not come back.

Noble, realistically, had to be released as soon as Cooper did what he did. Which wouldn't be a problem if he'd then stayed as manager. Nor if he'd gone to your place and not sign him (as he was pretty much in the press telling clubs not to do). The actual scenario that came to pass was shady as fuck.

None of this means I have an issue with FGR, for what it's worth. It's nothing that other clubs, including us, do all the time. It just means that Mark Cooper is a c***.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Didn't Vince do that last season with Cheltenham after an FGR player? Genuinely can't remember the exact details.

We allege that we agreed a fee with them for Elliott Frear then couldn't agree terms with the player. It was in the local news as the Cheltenham reporters have a good relationship with the club and numerous sources there.

Vince accused us of tapping up Frear, even reported us to the FA, except the FA felt we had no case to answer. Take what you want from that. The fact that he's now done this sort of thing a second time in two seasons I think tells its own story.

As for us, we've signed two forward players today who are expected to be on the cusp of the first team and may well be aces up sleeves (words I've seen on Twitter, not my own).

Jerrell Sellars from Villa - https://www.ctfc.com/news/2017/july/new-signing-jerell-sellars/
Mohamed Eisa from Greenwich Borough - https://www.ctfc.com/news/2017/july/new-signing-mohamed-eisa/

Sellars allegedly spent a couple of months at Wycombe, so thoughts welcome. Eisa is a complete unknown, but allegedly scored 57 goals in 100 games for Greenwich in the Ryman Premier League. Definitely worth a punt if nothing else.

Aber gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol rovers
We had no manager and Noble had been told to go to Newcastle and not come back.

Noble, realistically, had to be released as soon as Cooper did what he did. Which wouldn't be a problem if he'd then stayed as manager. Nor if he'd gone to your place and not sign him (as he was pretty much in the press telling clubs not to do). The actual scenario that came to pass was shady as fuck.

None of this means I have an issue with FGR, for what it's worth. It's nothing that other clubs, including us, do all the time. It just means that Mark Cooper is a c***.
This Noble fella better be fucking unreal after all this kerfuffle.

Vanni

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
August 5th can't come soon enough. FGR vs Notts & Cheltenham, Mansfield vs Chesterfield & Notts, Cambridge vs Luton (not again ffs!) and the greatest one of them all, Grimsby vs Lincoln.

We could also have had Barnet vs Chester ;) but the latter are enjoying life in the connie too much apparently.

Lovejoy

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
We let him go because Mark Cooper had banished him from the club and effectively released him about a week before he became Forest Green manager (having been offered that job whilst still Notts manager, despite no official approach having been made to us).

I have no doubt that Notts' conduct in this could've been better, but the hypocrisy is utterly fucking incredible.

Cooper had a contract until the end of the season. If you were speaking to him before then (and he was at your play off game a day or two later and had been denying it for a couple of weeks), you were breaking the rules. I doubt we cared enough about keeping Cooper to make anything of it, but don't get all sanctimonious about us doing something similar now.

Players and Managers are free to speak to other clubs if they are within the last 6 months of their contract. Let's face it Cooper didn't want to stay as he was messed about by County and got whatever reason, Money, Backing, Location, Personal connection, Freedon of job role, prospects? He choose to come to FGR. He has done well so we are happy and from what most Coubty fans are saying they didn't rate him so can be happy too. I guess we will find out this season who got the best deal. 4 weeks to go and it will be what happens in the pitch that counts.

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
Were now linked with bringing George Hirst in from Sheffield Wednesday on a season- long loan. If he's half as good as his old man David was then we'll have a player on our hands. My Wednesday supporting mate says he's their brightest prospect at the moment, and ended up with 36 goals last season across u21 and u18 football, aswell as receiving the golden boot for England u20 at the Toulon tournament we won this summer.

Only way I could see us moving for him is if we end up selling Kristian Dennis who's apparently sought after in league 1

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
That very much sounds like the kind of thing he'd say.

Fucked us that game, Clements (I think) got away with a yellow for an absolute horror tackle after about two minutes and the Dutch lads never fancied it after that.

I know he bagged that game, he never fancied a tackle Clements so it would of been out of character.

GodsGift

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
We allege that we agreed a fee with them for Elliott Frear then couldn't agree terms with the player. It was in the local news as the Cheltenham reporters have a good relationship with the club and numerous sources there.

Vince accused us of tapping up Frear, even reported us to the FA, except the FA felt we had no case to answer. Take what you want from that. The fact that he's now done this sort of thing a second time in two seasons I think tells its own story.

As for us, we've signed two forward players today who are expected to be on the cusp of the first team and may well be aces up sleeves (words I've seen on Twitter, not my own).

Jerrell Sellars from Villa - https://www.ctfc.com/news/2017/july/new-signing-jerell-sellars/
Mohamed Eisa from Greenwich Borough - https://www.ctfc.com/news/2017/july/new-signing-mohamed-eisa/

Sellars allegedly spent a couple of months at Wycombe, so thoughts welcome. Eisa is a complete unknown, but allegedly scored 57 goals in 100 games for Greenwich in the Ryman Premier League. Definitely worth a punt if nothing else.
We had Sellars training with us the other week. He's a Lincoln boy and he joined Villa after playing for our academy.

Couldn't tell you anything about him though.

George Reilly's Hairpiece

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
Indeed - realistically it still happens all the time, but it's against the rules.

Yep. All kinds of shady stuff goes on. I was told the background about a player given a "free transfer" by us, but to repeat it here, without anything other than anecdotal evidence, and not proof, would probably get me, the website and all of our children, current and future sued.

Davidimp

Reaction score
Supports
The Imps and Spurs
Twitter
@DavidImp1972
We had Sellars training with us the other week. He's a Lincoln boy and he joined Villa after playing for our academy.

Couldn't tell you anything about him though.
His step dad is former Imp Terry Fleming.

FGR Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers FC
What did the County lot think of Cooper, btw?
The whole saga is bringing both clubs into unnecessary disrepute.
Last time FGR were involved in this sort of issue, it was later discovered that an agent had been egging on the local paper with mischievous misinformation.

Mark Cooper was on a short contract at Notts County. I believe it was only for a few months with instructions to keep County in League, which he did with one game to go.
Towards end of season Noble was sent off for third time in season and MC sent him home to clear his head. (He was banned from playing until, I think, 6 games into new season)
When MC became FGR manager his bid for Noble was accepted.
I think County were pleased to see the back of his temperamental attitude.
Noble's change of attitude coincided with him being made team captain and as others have said he was probably the best midfielder in National League.

Reading the Notts County forum it would be madness for him to return to club: an awful lot of their posters don't want him back.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Cooper was messed about by County and for whatever reason, Money, Backing, Location, Personal connection, Freedon of job role, prospects? He choose to come to FGR.
Erm, the first one.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
I'll tell the FGR fans now - you'll do fuck all in L2 with Cooper in charge.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
I'll tell the FGR fans now - you'll do fuck all in L2 with Cooper in charge.

I know quite a few Swindon fans, and some of them were saying the same thing last season, but we ended up getting promoted, playing some lovely stuff and were top scorers in our league.....

Anyway thought he did alright with you tbf. Got you to the League 1 play off final and whenever I saw you, you played some nice stuff, very open and attacking. I know some said others were running things and Cooper was just the figure head, but after he left you hardly did well under Williams did you?

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
When things don't go so good he's out of his depth. You should be fine next season but there will be probably be some dodgy patches along the way. This is when he gets all surly, changing things for no good reason and generally losing the plot.

PositiveOmen

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
Jak McCourt signed from Northampton. Be lying if I knew owt about him, but early 20s and played 30 odd times for them last season.

WH_Stag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
County are tinpot with that moron in charge.

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
Jak McCourt poised to sign from Northampton in time to head off on our tour of Portugal... At last a bit of bite in midfield! Still think we could do with a few more additions in this area of the pitch but the squads starting to shape up nicely! Good signing

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
As a manager - mixed. Talked the talk and dug the players out when he first took over and it was the popular thing to do, but never backed it up. Took no responsibility for losing the derby 5-0 at Mansfield or the 5-0 at home to Carlisle on the last day, one of the worst home defeats in our history. We were going to offer him a new deal, but no one really shed any tears when he left.
Seems that's the case wherever he leaves anywhere.

We sold Sellars to Villa as a youth player a few years back. Very quick, but that's about as much as anyone knows about him, as is often the case with these young players who get released from big clubs.

He was training with us for the first 2 or 3 days of pre-season then disappeared, so now we know where. No-one really knows whether he'd been on trial, or we were doing him a favour while he sorted something out.

When things don't go so good he's out of his depth. You should be fine next season but there will be probably be some dodgy patches along the way. This is when he gets all surly, changing things for no good reason and generally losing the plot.
I think he had a still 11/12 game period last season where he did just that and seemed to swap the squad around.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Oh, and apparently we've got James Rowe, ex-Cheltenham on trial.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
footman

Latest posts

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!